Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.
Who?
Tifa
Aerith
Aeris
View Results

SettingSun
Aug 10, 2013

ImpAtom posted:

I'm pretty sure it expects you to fail.

It must, because there's a bucket right at your feet where you start and taking a single step will fail you.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

CottonWolf
Jul 20, 2012

Good ideas generator

PunkBoy posted:

I love all the small details in this game.

Chapter 9 Spoilers
The announcers during the arena fights were hilarious, but I was completely taken by surprise during the Hell House fight when they had an unique callout when I summoned Shiva.

So loving cool.

Yeah. That got me too. When I summoned Ifrit.

Luceid
Jan 20, 2005

Buy some freaking medicine.

esperterra posted:

He's always lowkey been a creep ngl. His niceties to Aeris have always straddled this weird line of 'i want to gently caress you' vs 'i've watched over you since you were a child'.

I was very distracted by how he has kept the same baby-faced appearance for thirteen years, according to that flashback. Cosmetic materia market must be booming.

Terper
Jun 26, 2012

I didn't hit anything in the house expecting a reward :saddowns:

Rabid Snake
Aug 6, 2004

i say swears online posted:

though tbf when i play the original i usually zone out on disc three and restart two years later

This happens to me with FF7 and FF8. I burn out 2/3rds into the game

TontoCorazon
Aug 18, 2007

Holy poo poo the different levels to "Oppressed People" is kinda legit as gently caress, that track is going into my favorites when it's released

precision
May 7, 2006

by VideoGames
This is 13 + 15, which is 28, which is 7 times 4, so obviously there will be 4 games

My only question is, does this mean no FF16 for 10 years or will they do parallel teams?

CottonWolf
Jul 20, 2012

Good ideas generator

I want the full version of Let the Battles Begin! from the dance training minigame. That was a bop.

Macaluso
Sep 23, 2005

I HATE THAT HEDGEHOG, BROTHER!
Is the orphanage lady voiced by Sapphire

PantsBandit
Oct 26, 2007

it is both a monkey and a boombox
lol Wedge named one of the cats Smalls. That's adorable.

Asema
Oct 2, 2013

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS
Start of Shrina building spoilers: if you take the elevator you are a punk rear end bitch :colbert:

Terper
Jun 26, 2012

precision posted:

My only question is, does this mean no FF16 for 10 years or will they do parallel teams?
Word on the street is that Yoshi-P, savior of Square Enix's MMO division, is leading the FF16 team.

And that this is its earliest known concept art.

CottonWolf
Jul 20, 2012

Good ideas generator

Candlekeep?!?

Professor Beetus
Apr 12, 2007

They can fight us
But they'll never Beetus

Terper posted:

Word on the street is that Yoshi-P, savior of Square Enix's MMO division, is leading the FF16 team.

Boletaria...

Elephant Ambush
Nov 13, 2012

...We sholde spenden more time together. What sayest thou?
Nap Ghost

PantsBandit posted:

lol Wedge named one of the cats Smalls. That's adorable.

I thought it was funny that Ronnie and Jay are very obviously Ronnie Coleman and Jay Cutler.

precision
May 7, 2006

by VideoGames

Terper posted:

Ha, I knew they were gonna go back to a less futuristic look for 16

esperterra
Mar 24, 2010

SHINee's back

Yoshi P's been talking lately about how Final Fantasy should go back to being mainly fantasy. I'm hoping he is indeed the director of the game 'cause I want another SNES/FFIX medieval w/ steampunk style game, it's been too long.

Megasabin
Sep 9, 2003

I get half!!
Is poison materia worth leveling up in this game? I feel like in the older games it just sort of existed. Enemies generally weren't weak to it compared to the main elemental spells.

Monaghan
Dec 29, 2006

I really love this game but the bosses stages negating stagger is the most annoying poo poo.

CottonWolf
Jul 20, 2012

Good ideas generator

Megasabin posted:

Is poison materia worth leveling up in this game? I feel like in the older games it just sort of existed. Enemies generally weren't weak to it compared to the main elemental spells.

Chadley wants you to, and you don't want to disappoint Chadley.

Rabid Snake
Aug 6, 2004

Is there "aggro" in this game? Or is it just based off the computer targeting user controlled characters? I have a really bursty dps Tifa build and units always attack me after I engage.

esperterra
Mar 24, 2010

SHINee's back

Rabid Snake posted:

Is there "aggro" in this game? Or is it just based off the computer targeting user controlled characters? I have a really bursty dps Tifa build and units always attack me after I engage.

The AI will automatically target whoever you're controlling, but there is a Provoke materia that you can equip to someone to get them to periodically pull aggro when you're using others.

ZenMasterBullshit
Nov 2, 2011

Restaurant de Nouvelles "À Table" Proudly Presents:
A Climactic Encounter Ending on 1 Negate and a Dream

GoGoGadget posted:

I got the Madame M quests and did not get any from Sam. The guide I looked at also says they are split. It's based on what you say to Sam and Madame M.

While Madame M dressed Aerith she told me to go talk to sam and that started a couple of side quests which were "Go deal with the Dress maker's dad including loving around with the medicine shop, the materia guy's request for the vending machine in the hotel and go see the gym for a squat off."

What else do you mean by the classic route? Cause the Madame version just put them in as side quests.

Professor Beetus
Apr 12, 2007

They can fight us
But they'll never Beetus

ZenMasterBullshit posted:

While Madame M dressed Aerith she told me to go talk to sam and that started a couple of side quests which were "Go deal with the Dress maker's dad including loving around with the medicine shop, the materia guy's request for the vending machine in the hotel and go see the gym for a squat off."

What else do you mean by the classic route? Cause the Madame version just put them in as side quests.

You got the Sam route. When you actually get the Madame M route you get different sidequests, although squats are always a thing. Madame M is always the one who helps Aerith with her dress, you think Sam Chocobo Wrangler has the chops for that???

esperterra
Mar 24, 2010

SHINee's back

DrNutt posted:

You got the Sam route. When you actually get the Madame M route you get different sidequests, although squats are always a thing. Madame M is always the one who helps Aerith with her dress, you think Sam Chocobo Wrangler has the chops for that???

Oh hot drat, there's different routes? Does it depend on who you talk to last? I went Andrea > Sam > Madam, so I'm assuming you have to just swap Madam and Sam or?

Professor Beetus
Apr 12, 2007

They can fight us
But they'll never Beetus

esperterra posted:

Oh hot drat, there's different routes? Does it depend on who you talk to last? I went Andrea > Sam > Madam, so I'm assuming you have to just swap Madam and Sam or?

There's apparently a bunch of factors at play, including what you say during the coin toss and interactions with Johnny? But I don't know how true that is because I did 2 out of 3 things that were supposed to get me Sam's quests, but I paid for the luxury massage and still got Madame M's sidequests.

Grizzled Patriarch
Mar 27, 2014

These dentures won't stop me from tearing out jugulars in Thunderdome.

There's two routes, each of which have 2 sidequests that cancel the other route's sidequests out. You miss a couple "Johnny events" by doing the Madame's route but that only matters if you're going for trophies / completion, in which case you'll have to go back and play the other route on chapter select or hard mode anyway.

DrNutt posted:

There's apparently a bunch of factors at play, including what you say during the coin toss and interactions with Johnny? But I don't know how true that is because I did 2 out of 3 things that were supposed to get me Sam's quests, but I paid for the luxury massage and still got Madame M's sidequests.

You basically have to be an rear end in a top hat to everyone to get the Johnny quests:

Describe Tifa as "in great shape," ask the guy outside the hotel "how much," chase Johnny when he runs by and agree with his dialogue option, refuse to play along with Sam's coin game, buy the shittiest massage, and tell Aerith that her dress is "alright."

Grizzled Patriarch fucked around with this message at 23:03 on Apr 12, 2020

koshmar
Oct 22, 2009

i'm not here

this isn't happening
Does ATB boost double your bar or double your output?

Harrow
Jun 30, 2012

koshmar posted:

Does ATB boost double your bar or double your output?

I believe it doubles your bar.

Increasing your ATB growth is what the Haste status effect is for.

PunkBoy
Aug 22, 2008

You wanna get through this?
Me during the Honey Bee Inn sequence: :stare:

Holy poo poo.

zakharov
Nov 30, 2002

:kimchi: Tater Love :kimchi:
IDK why Roche is getting all this hate when Chadley is a twerp who needs a Stone Cold Stunner

esperterra
Mar 24, 2010

SHINee's back

Chadley is probably a descendant of Shinra from FFX-2 or some dumb poo poo

Macaluso
Sep 23, 2005

God I love the Turks

esperterra
Mar 24, 2010

SHINee's back

Macaluso posted:

God I love the Turks

I can't wait to see Elena, the Best Turk.

JBP
Feb 16, 2017

You've got to know, to understand,
Baby, take me by my hand,
I'll lead you to the promised land.
Chadley is an incredible name.

The Walrus
Jul 9, 2002

by Fluffdaddy
is there any way to get ai to focus on one target? I was trying to focus a hand in the airbuster fight and despite switching on every ability use characters still kept finding time to run back to attack the main robot

Good Soldier Svejk
Jul 5, 2010

Is Chadley's weirdly colorful scarf an Amano pattern reference or am I missing something obvious

Macaluso
Sep 23, 2005

I love that they found a way to incorporate the big weird hand in the slums on the way to Wall Market

JBP
Feb 16, 2017

You've got to know, to understand,
Baby, take me by my hand,
I'll lead you to the promised land.

The Walrus posted:

is there any way to get ai to focus on one target? I was trying to focus a hand in the airbuster fight and despite switching on every ability use characters still kept finding time to run back to attack the main robot

If you're locked on they should finish up their current attack then go for the locked target.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Happy Noodle Boy
Jul 3, 2002

Macaluso posted:

I love that they found a way to incorporate the big weird hand in the slums on the way to Wall Market

The amount of details cribbed from the original is incredible. Like right from the start the loot you get and items you find are straight from the original.

I can’t wait for a long play of this game that dives into all the little details.