Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

ilmucche
Mar 16, 2016

I can get behind that to flip kash and see what dmboogie turns up

##vote kashuno

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Yami Fenrir
Jan 25, 2015

Is it I that is insane... or the rest of the world?

Toalpaz posted:

##vote kash

literally does not care about the game state, not reading thread, not participating, contradictory information re game mechanics. shifty claim, etc.

Hm...

I am actually considering this.

Toalpaz
Mar 20, 2012

Peace through overwhelming determination

Yami Fenrir posted:

I am not refuting that the game should be enjoyable for everybody. Thanking hum for that is perfectly fine.

However, I disagree with doing that mechanically like that. You can't expect people NOT to look into that, CIS or otherwise.

Especially when hum and grandicap both turned out to be nontown.

I kind of disagree with this, I think day one is bullshit and its fine to vote on feelings or to give people day one passes.

Also, I think this is basically asking me to pick up the slack for not being cis, and only act in ways that people can't take advantage of me. Which is bullshit still, IMO. I think that if you're scum and you take advantage of easy cases that have clear meta reasons for happening, you're making a weak play that has motivations that are easy to identify, and also is based on exploiting differences in power ie your privilege.

Yami Fenrir
Jan 25, 2015

One thing that probably bothers me more than anything about kash is that they seem to just snipe at individual posts while ignoring the bigger picture.

I don't know if that's usual for kash though.

Toalpaz
Mar 20, 2012

Yami Fenrir posted:

One thing that probably bothers me more than anything about kash is that they seem to just snipe at individual posts while ignoring the bigger picture.

I don't know if that's usual for kash though.

from what I can tell it's usual

Bifauxnen
Aug 12, 2010

Curses! Foiled again!

Yami Fenrir posted:

Hm...

I am actually considering this.

Same, Kash is another lunch I'd consider today and no one else seems interested in Sandwolf anymore

##vote Kashuno

Also I don't have the strong scum read on Toal anymore but I'm not thrilled at the circumstances that changed my mind

Yami Fenrir
Jan 25, 2015

Toalpaz posted:

I kind of disagree with this, I think day one is bullshit and its fine to vote on feelings or to give people day one passes.

Also, I think this is basically asking me to pick up the slack for not being cis, and only act in ways that people can't take advantage of me. Which is bullshit still, IMO. I think that if you're scum and you take advantage of easy cases that have clear meta reasons for happening, you're making a weak play that has motivations that are easy to identify, and also is based on exploiting differences in power ie your privilege.

I am playing mafia. Nothing more, nothing less. You are reading too deeply into this. Sorry if it came over otherwise.

Infinitum
Jul 30, 2004

##vote RF

Back to bed

votefinder
Jul 6, 2010

scoop scoop
Votecount for Day 2

Retro Futurist (6): Bifauxnen, Deadbeat Dad, Kashuno, Hal Incandenza, Bifauxnen, Toalpaz, CirclMastr, Toalpaz, Yami Fenrir, Yami Fenrir, CirclMastr, Kashuno, Yami Fenrir, dmboogie, Toalpaz, Kashuno, Toalpaz, Infinitum
Kashuno (4): Yami Fenrir, Yami Fenrir, CirclMastr, Toalpaz, ilmucche, Bifauxnen
Toalpaz (1): Moatillata, Moatillata, Bifauxnen, Yami Fenrir, ilmucche, Moatillata, Moatillata, Bifauxnen, Yami Fenrir, Yami Fenrir, Retro Futurist, Yami Fenrir, ilmucche, Kashuno, Kashuno
Moatillata (1): Infinitum, dmboogie, Sandwolf, Infinitum, Infinitum, dmboogie, Infinitum, Infinitum, Infinitum
Bifauxnen (0): Kashuno, Kashuno
Infinitum (0): Moatillata, Yami Fenrir, dmboogie, Retro Futurist, dmboogie, Retro Futurist, Yami Fenrir, Moatillata
Sandwolf (0): Moatillata, Moatillata, Bifauxnen, Bifauxnen
CirclMastr (0): Kashuno, Kashuno

Not Voting (1): Moatillata

With 13 alive, it's 7 votes to execute. The current deadline is April 12th, 2020 at 7 p.m. CDT -- that's in about 34 minutes.

Deadbeat Dad was MARKED day one!

dmboogie was MARKED day one!

Retro Futurist was MARKED night one and twice day two! Retro Futurist has three marks.

Yami Fenrir
Jan 25, 2015

##unvote

dmboogie
Oct 4, 2013

##vote kash

im gonna hit the button awwwwww yeah

Yami Fenrir
Jan 25, 2015

Let's not get ahead of ourselves here.

Toalpaz
Mar 20, 2012

Yami Fenrir posted:

I am playing mafia. Nothing more, nothing less. You are reading too deeply into this. Sorry if it came over otherwise.

Mafia exists in a place called society my friend. That's what meta is.

Yami Fenrir
Jan 25, 2015

Reaaaaaallly not liking that inf vote that doesn't seem to care about any of the previous discussion.

Kash, care to claim?

Hal Incandenza
Feb 12, 2004

If we can swing it ok ##vote Kash

dmboogie
Oct 4, 2013

Yami Fenrir posted:

Let's not get ahead of ourselves here.

ilmucche
Mar 16, 2016

Toalpaz posted:

Mafia exists in a place called society my friend. That's what meta is.

hey as a heads up most societies also don't snap off on newcomers to their hobby/games

Kashuno
Oct 9, 2012

Where the hell is my SWORD?
Grimey Drawer
Town smokescreen - protects non-marked targets from all abilities at night

I have not been around much this weekend because I’ve been spending time with people

Hal Incandenza
Feb 12, 2004

Yami Fenrir posted:

Reaaaaaallly not liking that inf vote that doesn't seem to care about any of the previous discussion.

Kash, care to claim?

Yeah that was very weird, but it may be that he just woke up and saw the time and the votecount and put his vote where he thought it would help and went back to sleep and never read anything

votefinder
Jul 6, 2010

scoop scoop
Votecount for Day 2

Kashuno (6): Yami Fenrir, Yami Fenrir, CirclMastr, Toalpaz, ilmucche, Bifauxnen, dmboogie, Hal Incandenza
Retro Futurist (3): Bifauxnen, Deadbeat Dad, Kashuno, Hal Incandenza, Bifauxnen, Toalpaz, CirclMastr, Toalpaz, Yami Fenrir, Yami Fenrir, CirclMastr, Kashuno, Yami Fenrir, dmboogie, Toalpaz, Kashuno, Toalpaz, Infinitum, Yami Fenrir, dmboogie, Hal Incandenza
Toalpaz (1): Moatillata, Moatillata, Bifauxnen, Yami Fenrir, ilmucche, Moatillata, Moatillata, Bifauxnen, Yami Fenrir, Yami Fenrir, Retro Futurist, Yami Fenrir, ilmucche, Kashuno, Kashuno
Moatillata (1): Infinitum, dmboogie, Sandwolf, Infinitum, Infinitum, dmboogie, Infinitum, Infinitum, Infinitum
Bifauxnen (0): Kashuno, Kashuno
Infinitum (0): Moatillata, Yami Fenrir, dmboogie, Retro Futurist, dmboogie, Retro Futurist, Yami Fenrir, Moatillata
Sandwolf (0): Moatillata, Moatillata, Bifauxnen, Bifauxnen
CirclMastr (0): Kashuno, Kashuno

Not Voting (2): Moatillata, Yami Fenrir

With 13 alive, it's 7 votes to execute. The current deadline is April 12th, 2020 at 7 p.m. CDT -- that's in about 29 minutes.

Deadbeat Dad was MARKED day one!

dmboogie was MARKED day one!

Retro Futurist was MARKED night one and twice day two! Retro Futurist has three marks.

Hal Incandenza
Feb 12, 2004

Kashuno posted:

I have not been around much this weekend because I’ve been spending time with people

This is like an unlimited every night thing?

dmboogie
Oct 4, 2013

Kashuno posted:

...huh

##unvote

does it protect yourself, too?

Infinitum
Jul 30, 2004

Yami Fenrir posted:

Kash, care to claim?

I'm literally just awake due to dickhead neighbour revving the poo poo out of his muscle car and waking me up

I was cool with an RF vote last night

Unlikely to vote Kash. Haven't read thread since bed

Bifauxnen
Aug 12, 2010

Curses! Foiled again!

Hal Incandenza posted:

:emptyquote:

Hal Incandenza
Feb 12, 2004

Kashuno posted:

What does all abilities mean? How would RF rolecop sandwolf?

Yami Fenrir
Jan 25, 2015

Right now I am kind of still on the "vig RF, lunch kashuno" train of thought.

We do have a claimed watcher and several protective roles which hopefully can prevent boogie from being stopped...

Kashuno
Oct 9, 2012

Grimey Drawer

Hal Incandenza posted:

Targeted

dmboogie
Oct 4, 2013

protective claims so far

1. sandwolf: bodyguard with 1x BP
2. inf: doctor
3. kash: protects literally everyone from everything as long as they haven't been marked

three protective roles is a lot of protective roles, even with two scum teams, especially if kash is telling the truth

Yami Fenrir
Jan 25, 2015

Do you mind sharing the target for n1?

dmboogie
Oct 4, 2013

oh i misread it protects just one person that makes more sense

still tho

Toalpaz
Mar 20, 2012

ilmucche posted:

hey as a heads up most societies also don't snap off on newcomers to their hobby/games

im 69% sure you're definitely a deepfake super aged old player.

Infinitum
Jul 30, 2004

Kashuno posted:

Yo, how many protective roles does this game have...

Kashuno
Oct 9, 2012

Grimey Drawer

Yami Fenrir posted:

Do you mind sharing the target for n1?

You

Yami Fenrir
Jan 25, 2015

Weren't you fairly suspicious of me day 1? what gives?

dmboogie
Oct 4, 2013

Toalpaz posted:

this is a weird thing to accuse someone of

unless it's Jokes i guess

Bifauxnen
Aug 12, 2010

Curses! Foiled again!

dmboogie posted:

oh i misread it protects just one person that makes more sense

still tho

Yeah, still though. Sounds kind of fake, "smokescreen" reminds me of a scum role Asiina's particularly proud of inventing actually

Toalpaz
Mar 20, 2012

Infinitum posted:

Yo, how many protective roles does this game have...

:iiam:

ilmucche
Mar 16, 2016

Toalpaz posted:

I regged 4 years ago and have made thousands of posts, never in a mafia game all to come here and poo poo up a game in 2020. You got me.

Opopanax
Aug 8, 2007

I HEX YE!!!

Toalpaz posted:

To be clear it is transphobic because they are exploiting the fact that I am making an argument that a cis person wouldn't have to make for an easy lunch and or talking point, and refusing to see my point of view or decide gender based opinions were off limits etc.

They are using the fact that a trans person did a 'weird thing' that coincidentally a cis person wouldn't ever have to do and blowing it up hoping to turn it into a legitimate case and writing my reactions off as self conscious rather than a obvious an legitimate thing that is OK day one and natural.
Ok that's an incredibly lovely accusation to make based on how things progressed.
That was a pretty minor point early on, and it's absolutely an argument a cis person would make. I've voted people for being unpleasant before, and likely have done the inverse, but it was pretty late in the day for that unvote to be based on just that, when you were treating it as a fairly serious vote beforehand.
And your weird playing is based on today, with you voting and accusing people because they aren't using their powers the way you would. I'm sorry if something was unclear and misinterpreted (and sincerely, if I'm misheard that's on me, not a "sorry you were offended") but you're definitely off track here.

That said, I'm going to ##vote kash because I find it incredibly hard to believe you'd make all this up as scum.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Toalpaz
Mar 20, 2012

ilmucche posted:

I regged 4 years ago and have made thousands of posts, never in a mafia game all to come here and poo poo up a game in 2020. You got me.

Im the best for a reason