Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

qirex
Feb 15, 2001

I think I saw a blurb from a study that undersleeping 3 days in a row puts you at roughly the same mental capacity as not sleeping at all for one night

edit for geriatric content: looking forward to a weekend of calibrating my stereo system using my radio shack spl meter

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

MononcQc
May 29, 2007

qirex posted:

I think I saw a blurb from a study that undersleeping 3 days in a row puts you at roughly the same mental capacity as not sleeping at all for one night

edit for geriatric content: looking forward to a weekend of calibrating my stereo system using my radio shack spl meter

https://www.ncbi.nlm.nih.gov/pubmed/12683469

The chronic sleep restriction experiment involved randomization to one of three sleep doses (4 h, 6 h, or 8 h time in bed per night), which were maintained for 14 consecutive days. The total sleep deprivation experiment involved 3 nights without sleep (0 h time in bed). Each study also involved 3 baseline (pre-deprivation) days and 3 recovery days.

Chronic restriction of sleep to 6 h or less per night produced cognitive performance deficits equivalent to up to 2 nights of total sleep deprivation.

A recent one I've seen on twitter mentioned 10 days of 6 hours a night being equivalent to 2 nights without sleep, but with those only sleeping 6h a night not realizing they have poorer cognition than usual.

echinopsis
Apr 13, 2004

by Fluffdaddy
wow it’s amazing how many prescriptions you can check with the equivalent of staying up for 3 days

theadder
Dec 30, 2011

agreed op

Silver Alicorn
Mar 30, 2008

𝓪 𝓻𝓮𝓭 𝓹𝓪𝓷𝓭𝓪 𝓲𝓼 𝓪 𝓬𝓾𝓻𝓲𝓸𝓾𝓼 𝓼𝓸𝓻𝓽 𝓸𝓯 𝓬𝓻𝓮𝓪𝓽𝓾𝓻𝓮
I once stayed up all night and went to work a retail shift, I was blacking out on my feet towards the end

Cold on a Cob
Feb 6, 2006

i've seen so much, i'm going blind
and i'm brain dead virtually

College Slice
when i was a dumb weird 13 year old kid, a friend and i decided to have a contest to see who could go without sleep the longest during our summer holidays.

(i say contest but we actually helped each other stay awake too)

after 4 nights without sleep i hallucinated a bear beside his house

President Beep
Apr 30, 2009

i have to have a car because otherwise i cant drive around the country solving mysteries while being doggedly pursued by federal marshals for a crime i did not commit (9/11)
he was going to the bathroom

Kenny Logins
Jan 11, 2011

EVERY MORNING I WAKE UP AND OPEN PALM SLAM A WHITE WHALE INTO THE PEQUOD. IT'S HELL'S HEART AND RIGHT THEN AND THERE I STRIKE AT THEE ALONGSIDE WITH THE MAIN CHARACTER, ISHMAEL.
finally passed that fukkin’ kidney stone

FMguru
Sep 10, 2003

peed on;
sexually

Uptime Sinclair posted:

:toot:

:woop:

President Beep
Apr 30, 2009

i have to have a car because otherwise i cant drive around the country solving mysteries while being doggedly pursued by federal marshals for a crime i did not commit (9/11)

Uptime Sinclair posted:

now you have to smoke it or it’s bad luck

Captain Foo
May 11, 2004

we vibin'
we slidin'
we breathin'
we dyin'

President Beep posted:

now you have to smoke it or it’s bad luck

what the gently caress, beep

Agile Vector
May 21, 2007

scrum bored

yeah everyone knows its a whiskey stone

Achmed Jones
Oct 16, 2004

you can't freebase kidney stones you numbskulls. they're salts so you grind them up and snort them

rotor
Jun 11, 2001

classic case of pineapple derangement syndrome
if you make tea out of em the high is mellower and lasts longer

theadder
Dec 30, 2011

tea belongs in the coffee thread

(USER WAS PUT ON PROBATION FOR THIS POST)

echinopsis
Apr 13, 2004

by Fluffdaddy

Uptime Sinclair posted:

hallelujah

axolotl farmer
May 17, 2007

Now I'm going to sing the Perry Mason theme

Uptime Sinclair posted:

did it make a 'plink' sound as it hit the porcelain?

President Beep
Apr 30, 2009

axolotl farmer posted:

that’s the best

Kenny Logins
Jan 11, 2011

EVERY MORNING I WAKE UP AND OPEN PALM SLAM A WHITE WHALE INTO THE PEQUOD. IT'S HELL'S HEART AND RIGHT THEN AND THERE I STRIKE AT THEE ALONGSIDE WITH THE MAIN CHARACTER, ISHMAEL.

axolotl farmer posted:

it was more quiet than I thought and didn’t hurt coming out, just felt a tug and a change in stream pressure. i figured blasting a rock out of my dick would hurt more

i was, however, quite sore after it came out so i popped one of the percs the doc prescribed and went to bed

just glad i can drink coffee again in these quarantine days tbqh. also not being worried about a blockage sending me to the hospital is worth a lot these days

Kenny Logins
Jan 11, 2011

Agile Vector posted:

yeah everyone knows its a whiskey stone

fart simpson
Jul 2, 2005

DEATH TO AMERICA
:xickos:

is anyone itt dead yet

Kenny Logins
Jan 11, 2011

i died from quarantine rear end, op

3D Megadoodoo
Nov 25, 2010

fart simpson posted:

is anyone itt dead yet

only inside

too bad i'm inside!

3D Megadoodoo
Nov 25, 2010

if i ever meet this Akhilleus dude I'm going to slap him for giving me such hosed-up tendons

axolotl farmer
May 17, 2007

fart simpson posted:

is anyone itt dead yet

my back is still killing me :/

mystes
May 31, 2006

fart simpson posted:

is anyone itt dead yet
I tried, OP, but I just keep waking up and it's the same day again.

President Beep
Apr 30, 2009

we’ve had three reported kidney stones in the pos this year

eschaton
Mar 7, 2007

Don't you just hate when you wind up in a store with people who are in a socioeconomic class that is pretty obviously about two levels lower than your own?
there are goons with the ’rona and at least one yosposter but I don’t think there have been any deaths yet

hoping for none

mystes
May 31, 2006

People here are fairly likely to be working remotely and never go outside anyway, which should hopefully reduce the risk of the roni slightly.

Notorious b.s.d.
Jan 25, 2003

by Reene

eschaton posted:

there are goons with the ’rona and at least one yosposter but I don’t think there have been any deaths yet

hoping for none

i don't think we would necessarily find out if there were deaths, prolific posters would just vanish :(

Kenny Logins
Jan 11, 2011

Notorious b.s.d. posted:

i don't think we would necessarily find out if there were deaths, prolific posters would just vanish :(
praying for trig. never stopped

Pittsburgh Fentanyl Cloud
Apr 7, 2003

I rode my bike today.

President Beep
Apr 30, 2009

Pittsburgh Fentanyl Cloud posted:

I rode my bike today.

how many crashes?

Kenny Logins
Jan 11, 2011

President Beep posted:

how many crashes?
reminded of that time you brutally murdered jonny in front of a whole thread

Pittsburgh Fentanyl Cloud
Apr 7, 2003

President Beep posted:

how many crashes?

None this time, think I got the hang of this stupid new bike. I did lean it against my car and it fell over though.

fart simpson
Jul 2, 2005

DEATH TO AMERICA
:xickos:

Uptime Sinclair posted:

reminded of that time you brutally murdered jonny in front of a whole thread

lol

axolotl farmer
May 17, 2007

Uptime Sinclair posted:

praying for trig. never stopped