Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

AzureSkye
Mar 4, 2010

Khanstant posted:

WTF is this promotion tab?? Definitely been looking for that cookie cart though.

https://superparent.com/article/1150/animal-crossing-pocket-camp-how-to-claim-free-items-in-new-horizons

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

John Wick of Dogs
Mar 4, 2017

A real hellraiser

Yeah I don't mean to be mean but that story sounds highly personal, complicated, and most importantly subjective.

hopeandjoy
Nov 28, 2014

https://twitter.com/neulbaram/status/1249313833740468227?s=21

Johnny Truant
Jul 22, 2008

Khanstant posted:

WTF is this promotion tab?? Definitely been looking for that cookie cart though.

Also, these nook Miles achievements are getting a little whack. Trashed Tools, for breaking tools, goes up to 200. Okay, like, another month and I'll get there. The one for crafting tools however, I just reached 200 and was clenching my buttcheeks they didn't go crazy and make the next one 400... Instead it is ONE THOUSAND. That isn't even the last level, there's another level after 1,000!!! So, craft 200 tools, but break probably over 2,000. At some point seems like I might just craft a ton of the worst quality axe or shovel and break them over and over on a dead rock.

They didn't mean for you to get all of the Nook achievements in a week, hth

Oxyclean
Sep 23, 2007

Khanstant posted:

Promotions tab is tied to Pocket Camp. If you've played it before it's pretty quick to redeem (just go to the my nintendo tab in pocket camp and redeem the tie-in reward) if you haven't another poster said it took them 25 minutes to do the tutorial and get to the redemption.

The stuff under the promotions tab is still giftable/droppable so you could always seek someone else who's got them if you really don't want to bother with pocket camp.

Khanstant posted:

Also, these nook Miles achievements are getting a little whack. Trashed Tools, for breaking tools, goes up to 200. Okay, like, another month and I'll get there. The one for crafting tools however, I just reached 200 and was clenching my buttcheeks they didn't go crazy and make the next one 400... Instead it is ONE THOUSAND. That isn't even the last level, there's another level after 1,000!!! So, craft 200 tools, but break probably over 2,000. At some point seems like I might just craft a ton of the worst quality axe or shovel and break them over and over on a dead rock.

Well the one that threw me immediately was the KK Slider one. It goes from 1 to 10, and I think there's 2 or 3 more tiers after that. Given it's a once a week thing, that's definitely going to be very long term.

Casu Marzu
Oct 20, 2008

Overcast and foggy? I haven't seen that before in game. Kinda cool.

PyPy
Sep 13, 2004

by vyelkin
Anyone have turnip prices greater than 118? Looking to dump them today

The Sean
Apr 17, 2005

Am I handsome now?

Buttflakes posted:

Ok, thanks, I guess....

Edit: I should clarify that she wanted the game as well and the Switch, like.... she wanted to play with me, I didn't force her to do so.

Perhaps sharing my story here was a bad move after all.

Yo, sometimes you just have to break things off. People don't change that much, so just trust your past experiences. gently caress it :sever:

I think your story was slightly unclear since it sounded like you sent it off to her randomly. Even with the money back I can see how you would feel hurt. Still, take the money; or better take the limited edition switch back. I know you are focusing on the emotional part, but just get that poo poo back.

Captain Hygiene
Sep 17, 2007

You mess with the crabbo...

Casu Marzu posted:

Hahaha A+ town flag.

Also I knew it was bound to happen but I'm still disappointed my cat villager refused to put on the cat hood I gifted them :sigh:

Casu Marzu
Oct 20, 2008

Casu Marzu posted:

Ohhhh, that's kinda cool. Just went back into game and it's raining now. I like that weather comes in slowly and not just a sudden downpour.

Your Computer
Oct 3, 2008

Grimey Drawer
so I know some y'all enjoy time traveling and I was wondering how you handled the recent eggpocalypse. Did you just skip the event for now and aim to catch it on the next loop or did you travel backwards to do it?

ThisIsACoolGuy
Nov 2, 2010

Shaped like a friend

Inu posted:

Awesome! I'll PM you a Dodo code around 2:00. I've got extra cash right now, so I'll drop off a tip for your troubles.

Sure, put the order in so it won't be here till tomorrow but just ping me whenever. I'm usually around and idle on the forums :v:

Kyrosiris
May 24, 2006

You try to be happy when everyone is summoning you everywhere to "be their friend".

PyPy posted:

Anyone have turnip prices greater than 118? Looking to dump them today

It's monday before noon. This is like the worst time to try to sell turnips. :v:

Hootler
Apr 8, 2007

Ain't you got worms?
Closed! :)

Turnips: garbage 77
Nooks: Windflower/Pansy/Tulip
Sahara: Wallpaper is an animated laboratory and the flooring is crosswalk.
Able: Waistcoats, Slacks, Royal Shirt, Bone Costume, Night-vision goggles, Bunny Hoods

Hootler fucked around with this message at 18:41 on Apr 13, 2020

Captain Hygiene
Sep 17, 2007

Turnips are poo poo of course, but there's some fun stuff I haven't seen before at the Ables. I'll leave it open for a while as I'm doing random island stuff/actual work. Dodo code 6CHWP
e: there's a pile of dupe fossils by the museum, feel free to grab those and any unpicked fruits

Republicans
Oct 14, 2003

- More money for us

- Fuck you

Kyrosiris posted:

It's monday before noon. This is like the worst time to try to sell turnips. :v:

I think they already figured out that the REALLY good prices don't start until tuesday anyways so the best you can get on a monday is mid-100's.

Johnny Truant
Jul 22, 2008

Can anyone else use the search function on acpatterns.com? Cause it's completely broken for me :mad:

Policenaut
Jul 11, 2008

On the moon... they don't make Neo Kobe Pizza.

Kody is moving out today! I've kicked him out in favor of another meathead named Pierce whom I grew to love back in New Leaf. Sorry Kody, your basic-rear end bear house is done!

If you want this bear, come on down and beat his rear end today in Lahan! Reach us at 9J2RD

Turnips? Don't bother!
Nooks? They've got a simple candle and a metronome.
Hot Item: Beekeeper's Hive!
Ables have got space parkas, emblem blazers, viking tops, simple kimonos, and some Visual-punk stuff!

But wait! There's more! I've left DIY and fossils laying around because gently caress it! I'd ask that you only take fossils you need because that's polite but I understand some of you will be the way you are.

DIYs: Garden Rock, a ton of Bunny Day stuff you could steal and sell I won't judge you
Fossils: Deinony tail, 2 Juramaia, Dimetrodon torso, Left quetzal wing, Parasaur tail, Eusthenopteron, Spino tail, Coprolite.

I'm going to go make lunch so I'll be AFK just sitting around for some time.

EDIT: Oh Saharah is here too! I didn't buy anything so I don't know what they have but hey, come on down.

Policenaut fucked around with this message at 18:11 on Apr 13, 2020

Sterf
Dec 31, 2004

Made a little mountain terrace, think I will make the whole background silhouettes of dinosaurs, unintended but looks kinda cool :)
https://twitter.com/fenriz_lyngvi/status/1249736667197407236

Teabag Dome Scandal
Mar 19, 2002

Bunny Day reset my animals outfits :(

Nemo2342
Nov 26, 2007

Have A Day

Nap Ghost

ThisIsACoolGuy posted:

Yeah campers can show up whenever, they're just pretty rare.

Also what are some fun shapes for ponds? I have part of my island I'm remodeling that I want to have shaped bodies of water but I'm kinda drawing a blank. I have a paw one, made a fish one but it kinda looked really stupid and just mulling it over as a small project to do. (It's fun to see them on the mini map!)

https://twitter.com/Nemo2342/status/1244691943306584066?s=20

Khanstant
Apr 5, 2007

Cool, got me some stuff on order now. Sorry 5 more Simple Panels, you'll have to wait till tomorrow again

Captain Hygiene
Sep 17, 2007

:eyepop:

I think if I could change exactly one thing about the game it'd be to add the ability to buy nook tickets, even at an exorbitant price. Even over any of the QoL interface issues.

Nemo2342
Nov 26, 2007

Have A Day

Nap Ghost

Snake Maze posted:

People will randomly tell you they're thinking of moving, and you can either say yes or no. (I mean, it's framed as just encouraging them but I think they always go with your choice in this game).

You do not need to ignore people or hit them with a net and in fact I've never seen any evidence that doing so actually makes them more likely to move out.

One of my first villagers, who I've talked to almost every day and given more gifts to than anyone (he's a jock and I just keep getting exercise crap I don't want), ran up to me today and asked if he should move.

Meanwhile another villager who I'd been pointedly ignoring had to be forced out via amiibo.

SeXReX
Jan 9, 2009

I drink, mostly.
And get mad at people on the internet

:emptyquote:

Hedge fund

GoGoGadgetChris
Mar 18, 2010

i powder a
granite monument
in a soundless flash

showering the grass
with molten drops of
its gold inlay

sending smoking
chips of stone
skipping into the fog

SeXReX posted:

Hedge fund

BOOOOOOOOOOO

:5:

Carlosologist
Oct 13, 2013

Revelry in the Dark

I’ve been trying to get to an island to sell my turnips but so many people have ridiculous entry fees

Teabag Dome Scandal
Mar 19, 2002

Carlosologist posted:

I’ve been trying to get to an island to sell my turnips but so many people have ridiculous entry fees

Just wait a couple days for goons to get some good prices.

Oxyclean
Sep 23, 2007

Carlosologist posted:

I'm amazed people put up with that.

Also, how do people even really manage fees? It seems like it'd be really awkward short of like, having someone come in, pay, leave, move something, come back? Wouldn't that be really slow and tedious?

e: Won't lie, I almost kind of want to just clog up the queue on people doing that just to mess with them, particularly if they don't even have good prices.

Rupert Buttermilk
Apr 15, 2007

🚣RowboatMan: ❄️Freezing time🕰️ is an old P.I. 🥧trick...

Carlosologist posted:

Entry fee? Look, I know it's nice to leave something for the host but doing poo poo like that is just asking to be "minus'd out" when whomever leaves the island.

Tenik
Jun 23, 2010

Why are you trying to sell on a Monday. People will start getting good prices tomorrow evening to Friday, and there will still be good prices available on Saturday. Just chill for a bit and it'll happen

Kyrosiris
May 24, 2006

You try to be happy when everyone is summoning you everywhere to "be their friend".

Carlosologist posted:

*whispers* it's only monday, pay attention to discord/the thread and chillax

Timeless Appeal
May 28, 2006
Island is open Closed

Have a big apple orchard for picking. Feel free to take two whole row's worth
Saharah is here today
Turnips 109
You can take flowers in the hills and park, but not from the fenced garden near the bamboo
Feel free to take bamboo
Nooks selling cactus, ship in a bottle, and traffic cone you can grab

I'll be AFK

Please leave roses in my wife's garden or contribute to our bridge if you can.

Timeless Appeal fucked around with this message at 19:51 on Apr 13, 2020

Fru Fru
Sep 14, 2007
We're gonna need a bigger boat...and some water.
Going to open up my southern hemisphere island while I am afk/working/until the power goes out.

https://turnip.exchange/island/369e88ba

Flip is crafting jungle wall.
Ables has ballerina and punk outfits.
Nooks has nothing interesting but feel free to buy whatever.

This is my second town that I made just to gently caress around with and let friends go to southern hemisphere so it is kinda trash and don't feel like you need to leave me anything.

Poque
Sep 11, 2003

=^-^=

Fru Fru posted:

Going to open up my southern hemisphere island while I am afk/working/until the power goes out.

https://turnip.exchange/island/369e88ba

Flip is crafting jungle wall.
Ables has ballerina and punk outfits.
Nooks has nothing interesting but feel free to buy whatever.

This is my second town that I made just to gently caress around with and let friends go to southern hemisphere so it is kinda trash and don't feel like you need to leave me anything.

I've got CJ in town, so some Southern Hemisphere fishing sounds great. Thanks!

oddium
Feb 21, 2006

end of the 4.5 tatami age

asking for tips or whatever is fine but if anyone ever demands an entrance fee here that's a sixer. just a heads up.

Nemo2342
Nov 26, 2007

Have A Day

Nap Ghost

Oxyclean posted:

I'm amazed people put up with that.

Also, how do people even really manage fees? It seems like it'd be really awkward short of like, having someone come in, pay, leave, move something, come back? Wouldn't that be really slow and tedious?

e: Won't lie, I almost kind of want to just clog up the queue on people doing that just to mess with them, particularly if they don't even have good prices.

Presumably you manage it via holes, since you'd be the only one who could fill them in to let someone hop over.

So like this:

O
OX------

With O being holes, and X being a table for people to drop their entry fee on.

Grundma
Mar 26, 2007

DOG controls your destiny. Seek out three items of his favor and then seek his shrine.
I wish my island would get another table. The only ones I have are wood block and shell and they are both ugly

Carlosologist
Oct 13, 2013

Revelry in the Dark

I mean, I’m not rushing on selling since this is the first week I’ve been able to buy so i had no idea this is what it was like

I think I’ll be able to get three stars without a big Bell investment, I really just want paths to make my island look urban and cool

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Oxyclean
Sep 23, 2007

Nemo2342 posted:

Presumably you manage it via holes, since you'd be the only one who could fill them in to let someone hop over.

So like this:

O
OX------

With O being holes, and X being a table for people to drop their entry fee on.

Can't you just press Y to fill a hole with your feet in any situation? I know non best friends can't dig holes, but I have to imagine they can still fill them with Y so they can't be trapped.

Carlosologist posted:

I mean, I’m not rushing on selling since this is the first week I’ve been able to buy so i had no idea this is what it was like

I think I’ll be able to get three stars without a big Bell investment, I really just want paths to make my island look urban and cool

You definitely dont need much to hit 3 stars - make sure to get to 8 residents, put down a bunch of flowers (you can visit islands and dig them up if you don't want to wait for them to grow) and you'll probably need some degree of out door decorating but I hit that requirement without really trying?

Oxyclean fucked around with this message at 19:35 on Apr 13, 2020