Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Monicro
Oct 21, 2010

And you could feel his features in the air
A wide smile and perfect hair
He had complete control of the rising tides
And a medicine bag hanging at his side

In the flowing blue world of the death-dealing physician
Yeah, so bullshit that the buff the worst toplaner in the game

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Cuntellectual
Aug 6, 2010

Lord_Magmar posted:

It’s gotta be Zoe or Yuumi, but I can’t think of how those kits have 5 abilities.

Yeah, I meant Yuumi.

(I typo'd Yui again when I made this post).

The skill numbers for her/Aphelios/Qiyana were just based off of me trying to keep track of all the poo poo they pull learning in lane. When I last played it was pretty safe to assume characters would have some combination of about 9 different abilities Riot put onto everyone so that caught me off guard. :v:

Mega Comrade
Apr 22, 2004

Listen buddy, we all got problems!

pahuyuth posted:

buffed urgot lol

Urgot has the one of the worst win rates in top right now.

Marcus Elden
Apr 8, 2020

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS
I'll plug my buddy's stream in case anyone wants to see a good TFT player - His name is Alex (Korean name Yubin) and he's challenger rank 40-ish in Korea. He only streams in English though and he generally explains what he's doing pretty well but as far as I know he's the only high elo KR server english streamer.

https://www.twitch.tv/yuuubin

a fatguy baldspot
Aug 29, 2018

Marcus Elden posted:

I'll plug my buddy's stream in case anyone wants to see a good TFT player - His name is Alex (Korean name Yubin) and he's challenger rank 40-ish in Korea. He only streams in English though and he generally explains what he's doing pretty well but as far as I know he's the only high elo KR server english streamer.

https://www.twitch.tv/yuuubin

just watched him come back from a very tense game, good stuff! man i'm really slow at selling/rolling/scouting, i need to get on this guys level

Jerkface
May 21, 2001

HOW DOES IT FEEL TO BE DEAD, MOTHERFUCKER?

Fallen Rib
i got a penta kill with jhin to win a promotion making promo game where the 5th kill came on the 4th shot of my ult , i love league of legends

a fatguy baldspot
Aug 29, 2018

Jerkface posted:

i got a penta kill with jhin to win a promotion making promo game where the 5th kill came on the 4th shot of my ult , i love league of legends

that sounds extremely satisfying, goongratulations.

Ulio
Feb 17, 2011

Jerkface posted:

That's one way to get promoted, good poo poo.

curiousCat
Sep 23, 2012

Does this look like the face of mercy, kupo?
reminds me of getting a jinx penta to promote when runaan's was still considered bad

pog boyfriend
Jul 2, 2011

strong bird posted:

Yui is the lead guitarist and split vocalist of the Light Music Club who plays a Heritage Cherry Sunburst Gibson Les Paul Standard electric guitar that she nicknames "Gīta" (ギー太).

this is one of the best posts in the thread

Cuntellectual posted:

The skill numbers for her/Aphelios/Qiyana were just based off of me trying to keep track of all the poo poo they pull learning in lane. When I last played it was pretty safe to assume characters would have some combination of about 9 different abilities Riot put onto everyone so that caught me off guard. :v:

qiyana is very simple actually, you do not need to know the variations of her abilities much except one of them makes her stealth a la akali, the other ones just slightly change one ability. aphelios is definitely some poo poo though and i am mad that riot put this out but since it is in the game i am going to play it

Fajita Queen
Jun 21, 2012

strong bird posted:

Yui is the lead guitarist and split vocalist of the Light Music Club who plays a Heritage Cherry Sunburst Gibson Les Paul Standard electric guitar that she nicknames "Gīta" (ギー太).

:hmmyes:

strong bird
May 12, 2009

wow didnt expect this to blow up so big <_< you can subrscribe to my pateron and oh yeah please check out @makeaTFT-thread-im-tired-of-rading-about-this-poo poo at tumbler dot com

Fajita Queen
Jun 21, 2012

I wonder if a separate TFT thread would be a good idea

strong bird
May 12, 2009

I made a thread and im going to mae the op pretty and moer informative as time goes on.

https://forums.somethingawful.com/showthread.php?threadid=3920058

Lid
Feb 18, 2005

And the mercy seat is awaiting,
And I think my head is burning,
And in a way I'm yearning,
To be done with all this measuring of proof.
An eye for an eye
And a tooth for a tooth,
And anyway I told the truth,
And I'm not afraid to die.
10.8 notes

https://www.pcgamesn.com/league-of-legends/lol-patch-108

jungles being changed again to make lvl 2 ganking invades the meta again

Invalid Validation
Jan 13, 2008

Just what we need, Ryze to get buffed. They should try touching the other 79 champions that see little play instead of the same handful every patch.

RealFoxy
May 11, 2011

I'm not making a fucking QCS thread for this but seriously can we take a harder stance on Kiwifarms freaks like this guy, Jesus Christ seriously, you used to be better at knocking these creeps down. I guess ADTRW mods aren't responsible like GBS mods are.

Invalid Validation posted:

Just what we need, Ryze to get buffed. They should try touching the other 79 champions that see little play instead of the same handful every patch.
If Ryze wasn't named after a founder of Riot I wonder if anyone would even care. The other side of that coin is Tryndamere has gotten almost no real changes in years because people just don't care.

Ulio
Feb 17, 2011

Ryze and Ori buffs in the same patch? I thank the gods today. That's my two top most played, I had recently stopped playing Ryze cause of his last nerfs.

Monicro
Oct 21, 2010

And you could feel his features in the air
A wide smile and perfect hair
He had complete control of the rising tides
And a medicine bag hanging at his side

In the flowing blue world of the death-dealing physician
Have they added some new deterrent for laners using smite in the last year or so? Otherwise I wouldn't be surprised at all to see solo laners running it again, the amplified health regen and mini-homeguards are both really really nice for them

Firebert
Aug 16, 2004

Monicro posted:

Have they added some new deterrent for laners using smite in the last year or so? Otherwise I wouldn't be surprised at all to see solo laners running it again, the amplified health regen and mini-homeguards are both really really nice for them

They made it so if you have the jungle item you get reduced money and experience from lane minions if they are a high % of your income

e: also the homeguards effect on death is for everyone, it's to reduce the impact of early ganks

Firebert fucked around with this message at 21:56 on Apr 14, 2020

RealFoxy
May 11, 2011

I'm not making a fucking QCS thread for this but seriously can we take a harder stance on Kiwifarms freaks like this guy, Jesus Christ seriously, you used to be better at knocking these creeps down. I guess ADTRW mods aren't responsible like GBS mods are.

Monicro posted:

If not yet, they will. I know people hated the entire Mundo/Shyvana/Singed type top laners just running smite and taking camps and proxy farming years ago because it wasn't Riot's ideal meta and they need to nerf anything they don't like into being irrelevant or unusable. See also: Mages becoming popular in bottom lane, ADCs becoming popular in mid lane, giving Ziggs and Tristana abilities to blow up towers quickly and Ziggs bottom/Trist mid, etc.

There's nearly a hundred examples of a class/character/item being used in a way Riot didn't intended and they say "We'll continue to watch this but we're also just nerfing it until nobody uses it" until we're back to Season 2 meta again. Tank of Fighter top, a Jungler that can't visit until level 4, a mage mid lane, ADC and traditional support bottom

Firebert
Aug 16, 2004
They... they actively want mages in the bot lane, that's literally what all of their balance changes have been for for the past two years. Heimer, Ziggs and Syndra are bot laners as well as mid laners right now. The last two patches are to open up the jungle to non-traditional junglers like mages and top lane juggernauts. Mid lane has been a destination for ADs, tanks and bruisers for the past two seasons too.

What they don't want is non-interactive poo poo like 2v1 lane strats, and non-farming support mid/top with a Janna freezing and funneling farm for their jungler.

Firebert fucked around with this message at 22:17 on Apr 14, 2020

Verviticus
Mar 13, 2006

I'm just a total piece of shit and I'm not sure why I keep posting on this site. Christ, I have spent years with idiots giving me bad advice about online dating and haven't noticed that the thread I'm in selects for people that can't talk to people worth a damn.

Monicro posted:

dont junglers get reduced gold from lane creeps or something from having the jungle item components?

Action George
Apr 13, 2013

Verviticus posted:

dont junglers get reduced gold from lane creeps or something from having the jungle item components?

There’s a threshold for it to kick in. Current it only kicks in if more than 50% of the jungler’s gold is from minions. That’s getting changed to 40% next patch.

rabidsquid
Oct 11, 2004

LOVES THE KOG

Verviticus posted:

yea but they can counteract this by taking wompty dompty dom centre on day 3

Lid
Feb 18, 2005

And the mercy seat is awaiting,
And I think my head is burning,
And in a way I'm yearning,
To be done with all this measuring of proof.
An eye for an eye
And a tooth for a tooth,
And anyway I told the truth,
And I'm not afraid to die.
since the patch I am 6-1 with Urgot and an average KDA of 4.42

gun boy good now

foutre
Sep 4, 2011

:toot: RIP ZEEZ :toot:
On the topic of broken characters, this is my semi-annual reminder that Bard is still the best champion in the game. He's straight-up the highest win rate right now, has both electrocute or guardian as strong rune sets, omnistone as a harder to execute but solid option or jail of blades as a not as good but funny choice, has the traditional support, the spooky ghosts, and the dead mans into rapid fire or wits end builds as options, and is v fun to play and a good boy all around.

He's also like immune to meaningful nerfs, he's had the top 3 highest support win rate for the last 14 patches!

Just make sure to use your ult for picks or when no one else can do anything to minimize teammate anger (or just loving go for those huge plays and remember that even if you cancel an allied brand ult it's just an opportunity to take the credit instead).

foutre fucked around with this message at 17:59 on Apr 15, 2020

Mikujin
May 25, 2010

(also a lightning rod)

foutre posted:

On the topic of broken characters, this is my semi-annual reminder that Bard is still the best champion in the game. He's straight-up the highest win rate right now, has both electrocute or guardian as strong rune sets, omnistone as a harder to execute but solid option or jail of blades as a not as good but funny choice, has the traditional support, the spooky ghosts, and the dead mans into rapid fire or wits end builds as options, and is v fun to play and a good boy all around.

He's also like immune to meaningful nerfs, he's had the top 3 highest support win rate for the last 14 patches!

Just make sure to use your ult for picks or when no one else can do anything to minimize teammate anger (or just loving go for those huge plays and remember that even if you cancel an allied brand ult it's just an opportunity to take the credit instead).

Also don't ult your friends by mistake and get everyone killed. pls no bm has never ever done this. Ever. Not once.

njsykora
Jan 23, 2012

Robots confuse squirrels.

Mikujin posted:

Also don't ult your friends by mistake and get everyone killed. pls no bm has never ever done this. Ever. Not once.

This is half the fun of playing Bard. The other half is opening a tunnel to certain death and watching your idiot team file into it.

foutre
Sep 4, 2011

:toot: RIP ZEEZ :toot:

Mikujin posted:

Who says they were mistakes????

Boba Pearl
Dec 27, 2019

by Athanatos
I'm tired of Overwatch and first person shooters in general, decided to try these moba things everyone's talking about. I have about 200 hours in DotA2 what are the cool sites for guides and stuff.

Also if I was going to blow some money on champions, should I just buy a couple of bundles?

Duderclese
Aug 30, 2003
I'm the gay younger brother of UnkleBoB and Buddha Stalin

rabidsquid posted:

yea but they can counteract this by taking wompty dompty dom centre on day 3

I have absolutely zero clue what this means and it makes me laugh a lot. Outstanding post.

uguu
Mar 9, 2014

Boba Pearl posted:

I'm tired of Overwatch and first person shooters in general, decided to try these moba things everyone's talking about. I have about 200 hours in DotA2 what are the cool sites for guides and stuff.

Also if I was going to blow some money on champions, should I just buy a couple of bundles?

You should buy Anivia and the papercraft Anivia skin and be a strong bird.

Boxman
Sep 27, 2004

Big fan of :frog:

Boba Pearl posted:

The bundles are pretty solid, yeah. I think I have a post about them in this thread, lemme check my history after I post.

EDIT: Here's what I wrote. It's a year old, so the bundles...might be different?

quote:

The digital collectors pack - which is, I think, the most expensive bundle - is a nice mix of champs, I think. Options in nearly every lane, with a variety of available styles. For top, you get a splitpusher (Trynd), a tank (Cho/Malphite), and a massive rear end in a top hat Teemo. For jungle, you get pure tanks (Amumu and Rammus), an assassin (Eve), a mage (Fiddle), and a gank-heavy champ (Warwick). Middle, you get a scaling mage (Veigar/Ryze), and a burst mage (Annie). ADC is the weakest in the pack, with only Trist, but her kit is solid basically no matter the state of the game, and ADCs might have the least variety in playstyles anyway (someone will fight me about this I'm sure). Finally, in support, you have a hard engage tank (Ali), the game's premier fun-destroyer (Janna), and however-to-classify Morgana, who has an absurd root on a medium cooldown and black shield, but doesn't really do a ton of damage.

None of the champs in that pack are mechanically difficult (except Ryze, who didn't used to be but they keep reworking him). Having them permanently unlocked allows you to fool with them for longer than the week of rotation, which may not be enough time for you to get a handle on whether you like them. Also, unlocking all those champs right off lets you pop into ARAM, which can be a fun way to kill some time (but know that it won't help your actual game at all).

Also the best Anivia skin is Festival Anivia because the recall animation.

Drone_Fragger
May 9, 2007

Lid posted:

since the patch I am 6-1 with Urgot and an average KDA of 4.42

gun boy good now

Yeah changing that stun to 1.5 seconds is pretty good. He’s already disgusting damage with his passive hitting people hard in team fights, and the stun buff just makes him gross.

a fatguy baldspot
Aug 29, 2018

Boxman posted:

The bundles are pretty solid, yeah. I think I have a post about them in this thread, lemme check my history after I post.

EDIT: Here's what I wrote. It's a year old, so the bundles...might be different?

Also the best Anivia skin is Festival Anivia because the recall animation.

only inaccurate take is thinking someone would fight you for saying all adcs play the same

Drone_Fragger
May 9, 2007

ADCs have one skill, and that is to press the right click button on the enemy, and hope that your right clicks are bigger than their right clicks. when playing adc, Q, W, E and R are disabled, and both of your summoners are set to flash and heal.

Revins
Nov 2, 2007

tune the FM in to static and pretend that its the sea
so uhh, wtf is going on with this game right now. I pretty much just play ARAMs once in awhile, but apparently that mode is locked to me now. The client has been trying to join a one for all game for about 5 minutes now with an estimated time of 20 seconds

Jerkface
May 21, 2001

HOW DOES IT FEEL TO BE DEAD, MOTHERFUCKER?

Fallen Rib

Unfinish3d posted:

so uhh, wtf is going on with this game right now. I pretty much just play ARAMs once in awhile, but apparently that mode is locked to me now. The client has been trying to join a one for all game for about 5 minutes now with an estimated time of 20 seconds

Probably a league wide issue. I was queuing for ranked and I've played 3 games tonight, all on normal queue pops, I took a break cuz I lost my last one and wanted to reset and so I watched some youtube and took a shower and now the queue looks like its busted. 49 estimated queue and its over 4 minutes now. I have friends who are in game so whatever went wrong must have just happened.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Revins
Nov 2, 2007

tune the FM in to static and pretend that its the sea
yeah I'm at 9 minutes trying to join a game currently. overall about 20 minutes trying to play this game tonight with no success. something broken