Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Sykic
Feb 9, 2004

Resist! Humanity demands it! Resist!
Stage 3 Nemesis on Nightmare sure is a fight you're not allowed to make a single mistake in, huh?

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

A Buttery Pastry
Sep 4, 2011

Delicious and Informative!
:3:

Inspector Gesicht posted:

Why is Chris so lame? He can barely hold any items and he has no distinguishing characteristics whatsoever. People bring up that boulder incident because it's his only distinguishing moment besides his doomed bromance.
Chris's big moments:
1. Punching boulder
2. Losing Pierce
3. Being in Barry's thoughts when he investigates the blood in RE1

man nurse
Feb 18, 2014

I’m of the opinion that changing the movement in RE 4 would fundamentally change the game and I’m not really interested in playing an RE 4 that fucks with what’s already drat near perfect.

amigolupus
Aug 25, 2017

SolidSnakesBandana posted:

So it turns out Resident Evil Outbreak is playable in 2020 (found a youtube tutorial). Been tryin to play through with my buddy and his buddy and its really hard. We were stumbling through the first level on normal for hours, and then accidentally ran it on Very Hard (because thats what it defaults to if you dont manually change it). Somehow THATS the run we beat the level with.

Were you playing Outbreak 1 or Outbreak 2?

What helped orient me on Outbreak's gameplay was playing it on Offline mode for a bit. On Normal, the AI partners are usually competent enough to help you fight off enemies while you go around figuring out the puzzles in the area. It also helps if you try and get the hang of each character's special skill with R1 + the circle button (as well as extra moves like Kevin and Alyssa's potshot or Mark's charged melee attack).

For all its flaws, I still love how Outbreak captures the feel of being a bunch of helpless randos just trying to survive in a zombie apocalypse

Selenephos
Jul 9, 2010

Chris' one saving grace in the original RE1 and REmake is that he has higher health than Jill does, which means not only can he take more punishment but he's less likely to be decapitated by Hunters after taking only minor damage.

But yeah, if it's your first playthrough you absolutely should be playing as Jill instead. She has two extra item slots, a unique weapon Chris doesn't get and Barry can help her get the shotgun early and potentially skip half of a boss fight.

site
Apr 6, 2007

Trans pride, Worldwide
Bitch

Inspector Gesicht posted:

REmake: Questions for normal mode on PC. I am consulting the Evil Resource. Had a previous run that was up to the red lad in the crypt.

I know you shouldn't waste any fuel on Zombies in one-and-done rooms but what about after the mansion? What zombies never revive or despawn?

How long are other levels compared to the first mansion visit and is there any need to backtrack to them?

Why is Chris so lame? He can barely hold any items and he has no distinguishing characteristics whatsoever. People bring up that boulder incident because it's his only distinguishing moment besides his doomed bromance.

i just rallied through REmake a few times this weekend. i would say use the fuel in spots where youre gonna be doing a lot of backtracking like the two save room stairwell areas in both wings if youre not up to dodging zombies (i sure wasnt), the hallway that leads to the richard room and knight puzzle also sees a lot of backtracking. iirc no zombie actually becomes a crimson head until the first one in the hall where you get the arrowhead wakes up. most of the zombies will eventually be replaced by hunters anyways so if you can avoid it just dont even bother killing them in the first place. after that is the plant 42 cabin which does have some zombies in very close quarters but there is a fuel resupply in the save room. after that is the tunnels and labs, the tunnels are full of hunters and the labs are a mix of zombies (which do change to CH quickly if you dont headshot em) and the monkey with claws things which name escapes me right now

Cardiovorax
Jun 5, 2011

I mean, if you're a successful actress and you go out of the house in a skirt and without underwear, knowing that paparazzi are just waiting for opportunities like this and that it has happened many times before, then there's really nobody you can blame for it but yourself.

Mr. Fortitude posted:

Chris' one saving grace in the original RE1 and REmake is that he has higher health than Jill does, which means not only can he take more punishment but he's less likely to be decapitated by Hunters after taking only minor damage.

But yeah, if it's your first playthrough you absolutely should be playing as Jill instead. She has two extra item slots, a unique weapon Chris doesn't get and Barry can help her get the shotgun early and potentially skip half of a boss fight.
Also, Master of Unlocking is not just an honorary degree.

BiggerBoat
Sep 26, 2007

Don't you tell me my business again.
Holy poo poo the Carlos hospital siege is a motherfucker. Did I miss a grenade launcher somewhere because god drat this is a bitch.

Malcolm Excellent
May 20, 2007

Buglord

BiggerBoat posted:

Holy poo poo the Carlos hospital siege is a motherfucker. Did I miss a grenade launcher somewhere because god drat this is a bitch.

If you have the double mag, the red dot and the grip, and have been primarily using the handgun to conserve bullets you should be ready to rock. Four or five headshots per zombie handgrenades for the hunters. Just be sure you're using those shock generators to your advantage.

BiggerBoat
Sep 26, 2007

Don't you tell me my business again.

Malcolm Excellent posted:

If you have the double mag, the red dot and the grip, and have been primarily using the handgun to conserve bullets you should be ready to rock. Four or five headshots per zombie handgrenades for the hunters. Just be sure you're using those shock generators to your advantage.

I had to empty my machine gun rounds into those 2 hunters in the vaccine room. I might be hosed.

Lord Ludikrous
Jun 7, 2008

Enjoy your tea...

Sykic posted:

Stage 3 Nemesis on Nightmare sure is a fight you're not allowed to make a single mistake in, huh?

Get closer to Nemesis. I’ve seen a few people say this and can confirm it seems to work. For whatever reason if you’re closer to him rather than as far away as possible there seems to be a few precious fractions of a second between bits that can just be enough to get a heal in.

I also found much more success doing the cores in order of right back, left, right front.

Again no idea if any of this is scientifically proven, but I found it helps. If you have it there is no shame in using the rocket launcher.

Pulcinella
Feb 15, 2019

BiggerBoat posted:

All the enemies in the siege section have less health than their normal versions.
Save the grenade you get for the hunter. It should one-shot it, or bring its health down to almost nothing.
Go for chest shots over headshots to conserve ammo. Again, enemies have less health than normal and the slight extra damage increase from a headshot isn’t worth it unless you have excellent aim.
Try to use one generator at a time (but use them liberally.) They don’t actually hurt Carlos and if does get stunned by them (not sure if he does) the stun is far shorter than how long zombies are stunned.
Use the handgun on zombies when you can, especially at the start. The rifle doesn’t do any more damage than the hand gun, it’s just faster, so it’s better to use the handgun at the start when there are fewer enemies.

Edit:

BiggerBoat posted:

I had to empty my machine gun rounds into those 2 hunters in the vaccine room. I might be hosed.

Don’t feel shame if you need to reload an earlier save. Most of the time the game dumps am I on you expecting you to kill everything and then throws enemies it expects you to run from rather than fight. You can reload an earlier save and just run from those hunters if possible.

Pulcinella fucked around with this message at 18:15 on Apr 13, 2020

Malcolm Excellent
May 20, 2007

Buglord

BiggerBoat posted:

If you do reload an old save remember that hunters can be stunned with flash bangs, and you don't need to kill every critter you encounter.

The Repo Man
Jul 31, 2013

I Remember...

BiggerBoat posted:

Keep checking the 2 crates in the main room, the one in front and the other to the far right. I'm pretty sure they spawn ammo at specific points in the fight. I've taken all the ammo out of one, just to run back later and see more in the same crate.

site
Apr 6, 2007

Trans pride, Worldwide
Bitch
resintalled re4 pc and man i dunno what yall are talking about this games plays like rear end compared to remake 2 (and presumably 3). just clunky as hell in 2020

lurker2006
Jul 30, 2019
Yeah, I thought the controls worked okay in regular gameplay vs the ganados but the tank controls combined with the locked ots perspective really felt inadequate for the boss fights. They basically all followed the same formula, run away, turn around to see whether or not they're in agro, run away. etc. Limited line of sight can be an interesting thing to deal with but in 4 it mostly just felt like a straight jacket on the encounter design.

lurker2006 fucked around with this message at 19:36 on Apr 13, 2020

Noob Saibot
Jan 29, 2020

by Fluffdaddy

Cardiovorax posted:

Claire isn't in Resident Evil 4.

I basically agree with the rest, though. They're tiny things, but it's really all I actually want changed about the game. I like everything else.

I think he meant it’s a loose end from RE2 that isn’t even mentioned in 4 but should

I have a lot to say about RE4 which I’ll do later but right now I’m baffled by people saying it’s a perfect game and doesn’t need a remake when it’s just as dated as the ps1 games at this point and while influential at the time for other reasons it was a poor Resident Evil title that ruined the series in the same way the phantom menace ruined Star Wars. I would like to see a complete reboot reimagining of RE4 where it actually ties into the other games and finishes the fight against Umbrella with the main cast all teaming up.

Cardiovorax
Jun 5, 2011

I mean, if you're a successful actress and you go out of the house in a skirt and without underwear, knowing that paparazzi are just waiting for opportunities like this and that it has happened many times before, then there's really nobody you can blame for it but yourself.

Noob Saibot posted:

it was a poor Resident Evil title that ruined the series
lol

Good soup!
Nov 2, 2010

Since I'm still deeply ambivalent about a RE4 remake, if I absolutely had to put together a wish list, it would be:

-Improved AI for the Ganados. This would actually be an interesting change to take advantage of modern tech/coding. Back when it first came out, it was cool to see them be resourceful and swarm you and the first time I ever played and got to that first village area it felt particularly intense. Giving the Ganados some truly predatory AI and give them more options to corner you, break down doors, improvise, etc., could make for some seriously unsettling encounters

-Bring back the voice cast. Just because.

-Ability to kill a zombified Steve. If you fuckers aren't giving me my CV remake then at least let me do this.

-Expanded Mercenaries mode with characters from all the main RE games and make it ridiculous. I want Brad to be able to call in a helicopter to crash into enemies. I want Ashley to be able to drop dumpsters and all the poo poo he hides on top of people. Include Wesker with his Matrix moves and he can summon Mr. X to join the fray and support him. Play as the final mutation of Birkin and absorb the entire map and all enemies like the Blob. A PS1 textured Barry model and bring back the original voice actor to record super cheesy trash talk. Play as Shinji Mikami who attacks by breaking RE 1.5 dev disks and throws them like knives. Also play as the dog Leon saves.

lurker2006
Jul 30, 2019

Noob Saibot posted:

I think he meant it’s a loose end from RE2 that isn’t even mentioned in 4 but should

I have a lot to say about RE4 which I’ll do later but right now I’m baffled by people saying it’s a perfect game and doesn’t need a remake when it’s just as dated as the ps1 games at this point and while influential at the time for other reasons it was a poor Resident Evil title that ruined the series in the same way the phantom menace ruined Star Wars. I would like to see a complete reboot reimagining of RE4 where it actually ties into the other games and finishes the fight against Umbrella with the main cast all teaming up.

Something like that is was what I had been hoping for. They'd use the 2 and 3 remakes as a jumping off point into a brand new canon, but then 3make turned out to be a wet fart in terms of any ongoing storyline, and it seems likely 4 won''t differ that much in order to cash in on nostalgia.

A Buttery Pastry
Sep 4, 2011

Noob Saibot posted:

I would like to see a complete reboot reimagining of RE4 where it actually ties into the other games and finishes the fight against Umbrella with the main cast all teaming up.
That's just a completely different game though. Like, I'm not opposed to the concept, but they'd be loving stupid to call it an RE4 remake. Still, "finishing the fight against Umbrella" sounds way more like RE4/5/6 in terms of actual gameplay than RE1/2/3.

lurker2006 posted:

Something like that is was what I had been hoping for. They'd use the 2 and 3 remakes as a jumping off point into a brand new canon, but then 3make turned out to be a wet fart in terms of any ongoing storyline, and it seems likely 4 won''t differ that much in order to cash in on nostalgia.
What did you expect from the game? Did you expect 3 to somehow resolve anything?

A Buttery Pastry fucked around with this message at 20:23 on Apr 13, 2020

site
Apr 6, 2007

Trans pride, Worldwide
Bitch
i would rather have a re4 remake and a new game where you finish umbrella instead of for some reason??? making a whole new game and erasing re4??? that seems kinda dumb. re4 takes place after umbrella """dies""" so i dont know why you would need to take it out of canon

Cardiovorax
Jun 5, 2011

A Buttery Pastry posted:

That's just a completely different game though. Like, I'm not opposed to the concept, but they'd be loving stupid to call it an RE4 remake. Still, "finishing the fight against Umbrella" sounds way more like RE4/5/6 in terms of actual gameplay than RE1/2/3.
It simply wouldn't be a remake, so they can hardly call it one. I mean, I wouldn't mind a new Resident Evil game set after RE3 where they actually follow up on that "time to go after Umbrella" line, but calling it Resident Evil 4 would be just dumb.

rabidsquid
Oct 11, 2004

LOVES THE KOG

for anyone who is having trouble with the carlos siege section one pro tip i dont think ive seen mentioned in the thread is that you should really wait to put the extended mag on his rifle, as it counts as a free immediate reload.

site
Apr 6, 2007

Trans pride, Worldwide
Bitch
ngl I'm now lolling at the idea of some up and comer at a design meeting at capcom with the pitch of "you know how re4 is probably the most well liked entry in the franchise? What if we took the name and made a completely different game and pretend that the original doesn't exist" and getting fired on the spot

Selenephos
Jul 9, 2010

There doesn't need to be a big epic confrontation with Umbrella. Being implicated in the Raccoon City event after Wesker turned evidence against them, followed by the Umbrella stock market plummeting and causing a global recession is way more fitting.

site posted:

ngl I'm now lolling at the idea of some up and comer at a design meeting at capcom with the pitch of "you know how re4 is probably the most well liked entry in the franchise? What if we took the name and made a completely different game and pretend that the original doesn't exist" and getting fired on the spot

The ones most in favor of the RE4 remake on social media are also saying that they wish that the castle and island get cut. In other words, 75% of the game itself. I just don't understand why, for as beloved as RE4 is those that want it to be remade are those who wish it were a completely different game.

If they just want the village section from RE4 and nothing else, isn't that literally what RE8 is supposedly going to be?

Cardiovorax
Jun 5, 2011

Mr. Fortitude posted:

There doesn't need to be a big epic confrontation with Umbrella. Being implicated in the Raccoon City event after Wesker turned evidence against them, followed by the Umbrella stock market plummeting and causing a global recession is way more fitting.
I always thought that it's hilariously mundane for the kind of series that Resident Evil is. It makes a disturbing amount of sense, really, because how else do you get rid of a powerful multi-national corporation if not by crashing its stock prices and cutting its cash flow? It's not like they have a load-bearing CEO you can shoot to bring the entire thing down around their ears.

Mr. Fortitude posted:

I just don't understand why, for as beloved as RE4 is those that want it to be remade are those who wish it were a completely different game.
That's really the problem with the idea. It's one thing to throw that kind of idea around for a game like Code Veronica, which was just legitimately not all that good and would be improved by reworking it from the ground up, but Resident Evil 4 is one the most well-received and critically acclaimed Resident Evil games ever made. The vast majority of people who played it liked it the way it was, so changing and/or cutting large parts of it would only appeal and sell well to the minority of players who didn't.

NonzeroCircle
Apr 12, 2010

El Camino
I'd like Mercenaries to be available straight off the bat in a REM4KE.
Having played it years ago on PS2, I got to just after Ashleigh runs off in the castle on the Steam version just before RE3 came out and whilst I loved the village bits and the castle is enjoyable, having lost momentum I'm not super fussed about going back to it immediately to finish up. The expanded length is cool but very noticeable after playing something as compact as the 2 or 3 remakes.

WatermelonGun
May 7, 2009
running away from a giant gnome statue is one of the highlights of the series and anyone who wants to get rid of it is a pony

Brazilianpeanutwar
Aug 27, 2015

Spent my walletfull, on a jpeg, desolate, will croberts make a whale of me yet?

Mr. Fortitude posted:

The ones most in favor of the RE4 remake on social media are also saying that they wish that the castle and island get cut. In other words, 75% of the game itself. I just don't understand why, for as beloved as RE4 is those that want it to be remade are those who wish it were a completely different game.

If they just want the village section from RE4 and nothing else, isn't that literally what RE8 is supposedly going to be?

The castle was awesome,freaky cult head poppers,garudo(s),some of the best architecture,salazar the giant stone midget,salazars knife hand,salazars bodyguard.

Selenephos
Jul 9, 2010

Cardiovorax posted:

I always thought that it's hilariously mundane for the kind of series that Resident Evil is. It makes a disturbing amount of sense, really, because how else do you get rid of a powerful multi-national corporation if not by crashing its stock prices and cutting its cash flow? It's not like they have a load-bearing CEO you can shoot to bring the entire thing down around their ears.

That's really the problem with the idea. It's one thing to throw that kind of idea around for a game like Code Veronica, which was just legitimately not all that good and would be improved by reworking it from the ground up, but Resident Evil 4 is one the most well-received and critically acclaimed Resident Evil games ever made. The vast majority of people who played it liked it the way it was, so changing and/or cutting large parts of it would only appeal and sell well to the minority of players who didn't.

I mean if people want to take down the CEO of Umbrella then that's what the Lost in Nightmares DLC of RE5 covered.

And yeah, I'd rather there be a remake of a flawed game like Code Veronica which changes it so that it doesn't have a terrible difficulty curve and a second half that's mostly a retread of the first, than a remake of a game like RE4 where outside of graphical improvements, quality of life features and control and enemy AI updates, I can't think of anything that Capcom can add that'd actually improve the game and there's very few things I'd want cut.

HATECUBE
Mar 2, 2007

when you dodge it recharges the lightning gun so you can always fire the bullet time shot. you can also dodge immediately after firing

in nightmare and up final nemesis you can chain dodge and pop a weak spot after every single boss attack, you don't even need to move outside where the dodge puts you. the encounter can be played like a rhythm game

Brazilianpeanutwar
Aug 27, 2015

Spent my walletfull, on a jpeg, desolate, will croberts make a whale of me yet?
And also Re4 has been re-released about 500 billion times at this point,do something new Capcom and by new i mean don’t do something new,just make another Dragons dogma.

DanielCross
Aug 16, 2013
I mean, Umbrella Chronicles did have that big "Raid on Umbrella's final secret lab in Europe" with Chris and Jill as its final chapter. Whatever you have to say about the gameplay, I think that narratively, that fills the niche you guys are looking for.

A Buttery Pastry
Sep 4, 2011

Mr. Fortitude posted:

Yeah. Actually, I'd say it's even more than there doesn't need to be one, the story actually is stronger if it falls apart because of the stock market and political dealings rather than the actions of a few brave women and their sidekicks. Umbrella isn't some illegitimate little outfit that can be dealt with by attacking the boss, it's more like some Pfizer-Raytheon hybrid with a vast bureaucracy with tentacles in pies all over the world. Umbrella-related stories that would make more sense would be trying to secure their various sites before someone nefarious got to them, or the staff decides that selling 20 hunters to some warlord is fair compensation for Umbrella ruining their CV, sorta like post-USSR Russia. Which from what I can tell is actually what did happen in the RE universe? There just isn't a "All the staff fled as soon as their managers weren't around to threaten them with being fed to a monster, causing all the monsters to break free and start an outbreak" story, and the gameplay that does cover it is not a full game.

Anyway, if you want an RE game where Umbrella is taken down, I think the most appropriate thing would be to really expand the RE universe into new gameplay: Third person lawyer action. A thousand times as many files, but no combat. There's also interviews with Raccoon City survivors, as well as their final testimony in the Senate.

Vikar Jerome
Nov 26, 2013

I believe Emmanuelle is shit, though Emmanuelle 2, Emmanuelle '77 and Goodbye, Emmanuelle may be very good movies.

Noob Saibot posted:

lol. re4 = phantom menace. what a take.

play umbrella chronicles for your "finishing the fight against umbrella" game.

Augus
Mar 9, 2015

As action-packed as RE4 was, regenerators were straight-up the scariest enemies in the franchise until RE2make's version of Mr. X

Noob Saibot posted:

wasn't that game called RE6 and nobody liked it

Megaman's Jockstrap
Jul 16, 2000

What a horrible thread to have a post.
Resistance Mastermind Guide

RE: Resistance is pretty darn fun for a assymetrical zombie lord multiplayer game. Yes, it's a bit rough and yes, I would have also liked Mercenaries. But it's good and unique and when you're old and jaded and sick of slick soulless AAA stuff that counts for a lot.

There are 4 Masterminds in RE: Resistance, each with a theme that will be discussed below. You start with Annette, and then when you get Rank 5 with Annette you unlock Daniel. When you get Rank 5 with Daniel you unlock Alex, and when you get Rank 5 with Alex you unlock Spencer. That's pretty much it for now, although there are going to be at least one new Mastermind in the future. The Masterminds interact with the game's environment by playing cards from a personal Mastermind deck using "Bio Energy", which are just points that naturally regenerate over time. These cards allow them to spawn zombies, place mines, turn their camera into a gun, etc. Better cards cost more points.

Unfortunately, the game has an extremely lame progression system where you unlock cards for ALL Masterminds at different ranks of each Mastermind. Every six levels starting at level 7 you unlock a card with a Mastermind up to Rank 25. So for example your Annette needs to be leveled to Rank 13 for ANY Mastermind to be able to spawn Lickers. Pffffft. Not great.

The four Masterminds initially start out with crummy pre-made decks that don't really play to their strengths and contain an jumble of cards and also crummy initial trap and monster placement, but at Rank 5 you can start customizing your deck and things get a bit better. By leveling up all your Masterminds you'll get a wide assortment of powerful cards and abilities that allow you to play to your Mastermind's strengths.

Before I break 'em down, a note about the game's meta: the game's progression system is truly wild for both Survivors and Masterminds; ranked up Survivors are around 2x - 3x more powerful than unranked and way more specialized. The current high-level Survivor "meta" is a January that can kill cameras in six shots from Matilda (https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=00KUOSNWvN4) and squads that coordinate to attack every camera they see. Since the Mastermind has to look through the cameras to play the dang game, this messes up every single Mastermind pretty badly (some more than others, but all get pretty rocked). So as a Mastermind you should think about running the camera EMP protection card and also get out of the cameras before they get broke - Survivors get 10 seconds of time if they destroy a camera that the Mastermind is looking through. Don't give them time!

There's one general strat that almost all the Masterminds can use: door tricking. "Door tricking" is when you create a chokepoint that survivors must get through, and then control a zombie and whenever survivors open a door, you close it again. It doesn't lock the door but it does prevent more than one or two of them (depending on your connection) from getting through the door at once, and also prevents them from standing in the doorway and shooting into the room. It can waste a LOT of time if Survivors don't have a grenade.

Alright enough of that, here are the Masterminds.

The Masterminds

Annette: Annette is built around summoning zombies and buffing them. She doesn't control them very much although it's not out of the question. Annette is a tempo character - killing her zombies grant the survivors time, but take away their resources. Eventually they run out of resources or get overwhelmed and then they lose all the time they gained from killing the zombies + then they lose all their time and die. Annette should use equipment to give her zombies a lot of damage and health, and use abilities/mods that make them cheaper to spawn. She's probably the "purest" Mastermind to play in the sense that there's no tricks, no traps, it's just waves of zombies that wear down the Survivors. The current meta for Annette is variants on "Buffette" and you can find an example here: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=9LfVd-rnnwo although I disagree with a few things this guy does, overall the lots of zombies + lots of buffs is what Annette should be playing. Annette can also play a bit of keep-away (https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=M0Vyw7QHi1Q). Unfortunately pretty much everyone agrees that in order to get the most out of Annette you have to level up those other Masterminds a lot to get her the depth of cards she needs to be dangerous to high level Survivors. She's countered by melee characters and grenades.

Daniel: Daniel is built around controlling zombies directly. Dude likes to get his hands dirty and the zombos he controls are tougher than normal. Unfortunately Daniel starts out pretty drat bad, but this guy can get decently terrifying once he unlocks the ability to pretty much ignore knockbacks and most stuns in any zombo he's currently controlling. Daniel has two basic meta strats: "Strombie" (strong zombie) https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=1MULIYzguQk is where Daniel has a deck a lot like Annette - lots of Zombies and lots of buffs. Unlike Annette he doesn't make baller zombo armies, he buffs a Zombie to high heaven and then controls it and goes nutso - which can be VERY strong in Area 2, where he can control the Security Guard and take literally thousands of points of damage while he regenerates and fights the Survivors and they HAVE to deal with him in some way to progress. His other build is "One Bite" (https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=T84OSs7clnI) where Daniel can literally KO any survivor except Sam and Tyrone in one bite if he's controlling the Zombie when it bites down. Daniel is countered by flash grenades (which his stun resist doesn't help him with) and by just running away from his dangerous controlled zombies.

Alex: Alex is supposed to be the infection and trap Mastermind. Make everyone sick and coughing and taking damage, and put traps down while they're distracted with her dangerous infection zombos. Unfortunately they screwed up her balance - the infection strategy is simply not powerful enough to work - so her meta is the "Insta Mine" trap Mastermind, with very few other distractions. (https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=O6laoMJH730) Alex's whole thing is putting mines out near the Survivors, then blowing them up. She also has some ways to get Survivors infected but most of them use the Zombies as a vector and, unfortunately, her zombos are standard issue Survivor fodder that are handled relatively easily. A special note must be made about her Bio Weapon - it's decent if you can funnel Survivors to certain chokepoints, and completely worthless otherwise. It's also the only Bio Weapon that Alex can exit control of that will still hang around waiting for her to re-possess it. Alex's big weakness is teams that split up - she can't blow up mines everywhere, and if she pre-loads rooms with mines each one that Survivors dispose of is worth 10 seconds on the clock. She also really has a hard time against the current "Janu-carry" camera destruction meta when running her "Insta Mine" build. I know of a couple of people who are trying to make her infection build work (https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=UCVIGNjmelg) but so far no luck.

Spencer: Spencer stalls out the Survivors. He makes them waste their time bashing down locked doors and hiding from his turret rifles. His ultimate "bio weapon" is the laser grid from the Resident Evil movie that doesn't move at all but basically cannot be crossed and so wastes precious time. Spencer is the last Mastermind unlocked and is also pretty one-note - he locks doors and shoots at people with his gun cameras, and with no way to get time back beyond completing objectives the Survivors need to move extremely quickly. (https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=MFbPcgGWcqY) Most people aren't playing him. Spencer's weakness is teams that are comfortable splitting up and the "Janu-carry" camera destruction build.

I hope this post helps you as both Survivor and Mastermind. Good luck out there!

Augus
Mar 9, 2015

the overarching lore of RE has never been remotely interesting, it's just a long string of convoluted excuses for why this one corrupt pharmaceutical company won't go the gently caress away.
did anybody actually like the cutaways from exploring the cool ghost ship in Revelations towards checking in on what Quint and Keith were doing or another goddamn flashback to Terragrigia? I know I didn't!

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

i must compose
Jul 4, 2010

Until the lions have their own historians, the history of the hunt will always glorify the hunter.
You can't cut the castle or the island! There's enjoyable things about all of them. Hell the coolest enemies are in the island (regenerators and iron maidens) plus there's the dude in the fridge or oven or whatever and the creepy bag...plus the jet ski I mean come on man.