Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Neo_Crimson
Aug 15, 2011

"Is that your final dandy?"
I watched all the Dokapon vids and someone who's watched ahead in the stream please tell me, does Apostle Reggie get his revenge, or does Woolie keep going Lucky Ted on his rear end?

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Plan Z
May 6, 2012

Vandar posted:

Are the Game Grumps still completely terrible at everything? I haven't watched them since the Jontron days when they played Naughty Bear, ignored all the tutorials, and then complained they had no idea what to do. :argh:

Jon was replaced with Dan Avidan from Ninja Sex Party. He's way funnier and really charming. The big critique of Game Grumps is that they'll just launch whatever game, and Arin will skip over and ignore tutorials or clues. Queue un-edited footage of eighty deaths in a row or Arin not knowing what he's supposed to be doing as they both just talk about whatever bullshit is on their mind.

Dan is a weird counter-point. He always tries to learn games, and despite not really calling himself a "gamer," he can absolutely blast through some really difficult games.

Captain Invictus
Apr 5, 2005

Try reading some manga!

Clever Betty
they also have a habit of abandoning games which can be a real bummer

they almost finished all the philips cdi zelda games! almost!!!!

Al-Saqr
Nov 11, 2007

One Day I Will Return To Your Side.
game grumps is fine and good. Dan is very funny.

Arin once took 40 minutes to clear the second level of doom 2, so I think it's mostly to do with him just being plain bad at videogames. but people are mostly there for the conversation.

Oxyclean
Sep 23, 2007

Al-Saqr posted:

game grumps is fine and good. Dan is very funny.

Arin once took 40 minutes to clear the second level of doom 2, so I think it's mostly to do with him just being plain bad at videogames. but people are mostly there for the conversation.

I think they're also playing on controller and weren't really doing quick saves, which can't help anything.

Depths
Apr 15, 2009

SENPAI
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=L85ZKNLgvSk&t=2793s
this is when woolie realized he needed a mouse

Archenteron
Nov 3, 2006

:marc:

Neo_Crimson posted:

I watched all the Dokapon vids and someone who's watched ahead in the stream please tell me, does Apostle Reggie get his revenge, or does Woolie keep going Lucky Ted on his rear end?

Reggie is too pure for this world of blood and salt, but Woolie's luck does not last forever.

Gyro Zeppeli
Jul 19, 2012

sure hope no-one throws me off a bridge

Game Grumps is basically "two funny guys are funny while video games just go on in the background".

But yeah, Danny is like a gaming idiot savant, he'll eat poo poo on fairly simple games then absolutely breeze through normally difficult stuff with zero effort, and neither of these is predictable at all.

Dias
Feb 20, 2011

by sebmojo
Reggie Did Nothing Wrong

Grouchio
Aug 31, 2014

Dias posted:

Reggie Did Nothing Wrong

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=072Ubd7nTKs

Roobanguy
May 31, 2011

Depths posted:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=L85ZKNLgvSk&t=2793s
this is when woolie realized he needed a mouse

oof, this is as bad as that polygon doom video.

Beeb
Jun 29, 2003

Good hunter, free us from this waking nightmare

Is there a picture of Woolie's control setup floating around?

Dias
Feb 20, 2011

by sebmojo

Capn Beeb posted:

Google non-euclidian geometry.

gschmidl
Sep 3, 2011

watch with knife hands

Capn Beeb posted:

Steam Controller but stupid.

PaletteSwappedNinja
Jun 3, 2008

One Nation, Under God.
Wait, Woolie's playing Dokapon Kingdom now too? Is someone suggesting bad picks for him or is he making bad picks all by himself?

Archenteron
Nov 3, 2006

:marc:

PaletteSwappedNinja posted:

Wait, Woolie's playing Dokapon Kingdom now too? Is someone suggesting bad picks for him or is he making bad picks all by himself?

Salt Party is the saturday night "Everyone against each other rage-inducing party games" session, which did a mini session of Dokapon because of course that fits perfectly.

Then the madman decided to do a full story mode playthrough a few weeks later. I blame Minh.

Wallrod
Sep 27, 2004
Stupid Baby Picture

Capn Beeb posted:

this and a wii nunchuck

Depths
Apr 15, 2009

SENPAI

Capn Beeb posted:

Grouchio
Aug 31, 2014

Dust off that poo poo

Necrosaro
Dec 31, 2008

A Necrosaro Appears!
Fun Shoe
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=jZCZtwATFWE

Yardbomb
Jul 11, 2011

What's with the eh... bretonnian dance, sir?

Woolie on Black Mesa is actually maddening levels of no-aim.

Al-Saqr
Nov 11, 2007

One Day I Will Return To Your Side.
LOL Holy poo poo Another Musical gift from Woolie+LittleVMills

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=h3i593A8h-I

Shinji2015
Aug 31, 2007
Keen on the hygiene and on the mission like a super technician.

Al-Saqr posted:

LOL Holy poo poo Another Musical gift from Woolie+LittleVMills

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=h3i593A8h-I

drat, came here just to post this.

It's fantastic.

Yardbomb
Jul 11, 2011

Oh man :discourse:

Improbable Lobster
Jan 6, 2012

What is the Matrix 🌐? We just don't know 😎.

Buglord

Gyro Zeppeli posted:

Game Grumps is basically "two funny guys are funny

nah

RareAcumen
Dec 28, 2012

https://twitter.com/VSCapcom_OoC/status/1249370653033205762

AShamefulDisplay
Jun 30, 2013
33 minutes into the Dokapon kingdom episode made me lose my poo poo.

Golden Battler
Sep 6, 2010

~Perfect and Elegant~
My favorite part of Pat's FF7R stream has been him realizing what the anti-retcon ghosts vaguely are and being like "yo this is a loving awesome change" and half the chat losing their minds because they thought (or rather hoped) he'd hate it.

Baron Snow
Feb 8, 2007

Any chance you can expand on that spoiler text, or at least point towards more info?

MagusDraco
Nov 11, 2011

even speedwagon was trolled

Baron Snow posted:

Any chance you can expand on that spoiler text, or at least point towards more info?

The spoiler tag is about the ghosts aerith saw in sector 8 in one of the earlier trailers and what they do more or less.

A Sometimes Food
Dec 8, 2010

Oh my god Paige

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=bqZfyHpl3RY&t=9566s

Captain Invictus
Apr 5, 2005

Try reading some manga!

Clever Betty
literally was coming here to post that

the queen of self-ownage

the twitch chat for that was just destroyed utterly by the total unnecessary self destruction lol

Dawgstar
Jul 15, 2017

Matt's Street Fighter Animated commentary felt like it was all improv and that's just death for a riffed anything.

FauxLeather
Nov 7, 2016

Um Bongo
God drat Minh is poison to this Dokapon LP

Yardbomb
Jul 11, 2011

Minh is really all or nothing, either he's fine and doing well in something or he's the most giant neverending speedbump in it.

Shinji2015
Aug 31, 2007
Keen on the hygiene and on the mission like a super technician.

FauxLeather posted:

God drat Minh is poison to this Dokapon LP

I fully expect Woolie to murder him by the end of the game.

Plan Z
May 6, 2012

My favorite Paige thing was when Pat was talking about how he moved the Papyrus body pillow off the bed and a bunch of McDonald's ketchup packets fell off of it and onto the floor.

Patware
Jan 3, 2005

i feel bad but i have enjoyed like 5% of minh

the time woolie loads up 20XX and the video stops DEAD as woolie tries and fails to explain 'X-ty X' for what feels like ten minutes said it all

Big Scary Owl
Oct 1, 2014

by Fluffdaddy

Golden Battler posted:

My favorite part of Pat's FF7R stream has been him realizing what the anti-retcon ghosts vaguely are and being like "yo this is a loving awesome change" and half the chat losing their minds because they thought (or rather hoped) he'd hate it.

Lol got a link? People on Twitch chat go apeshit every time about this no matter the stream, it's like some weird hivemind thing going on. When people go against that opinion they just go crazy.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Tae
Oct 24, 2010

Hello? Can you hear me? ...Perhaps if I shout? AAAAAAAAAH!
It's not just twitch, their reddit massively hate it.