Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

BONGHITZ
Jan 1, 1970

It appears you are powerless to stop him

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

fordham
Oct 5, 2002

Your argument is invalid.
Exciting Lemon
I recently went bidet (and it's way better) but I had my own house with my own septic tank and the wife and I used them for years without issue (we had it pumped/cleaned shortly before we sold it and there was no sign of them anywhere).

There's a reason they say only use 1 per flush.

bird with big dick
Oct 21, 2015

BONGHITZ posted:

It appears you are powerless to stop him

We’ll see

FCKGW
May 21, 2006

fordham posted:

I recently went bidet (and it's way better) but I had my own house with my own septic tank and the wife and I used them for years without issue (we had it pumped/cleaned shortly before we sold it and there was no sign of them anywhere).

There's a reason they say only use 1 per flush.

It’s not really septic that’s the problem. It’s all the intermediate stops a public sewer system takes before it gets to the waste treatment center. Having hundreds of thousands of thick wipes heading down those pipes can gently caress things up in a hurry.

hope and vaseline
Feb 13, 2001

Is this heaven?

binge crotching
Apr 2, 2010

hope and vaseline posted:

Is this heaven?

Only if you live somewhere that has the good Kirkland TP, and not the sandpaper version.

Zombie Dachshund
Feb 26, 2016

First trip to church since the Corona Era began, and brothers and sisters, it was a beautiful thing. Shelves were well-stocked, and whether it was because of lovely weather or it being the day after a holiday, not many people in the store. My local 'co has clearly done some hiring and staff reshuffling-- one of the tire dudes was helping unload carts at checkout-- so there were zero lines for the first time I've ever seen. Got all the stuff I need, and got out of there fast. PBUC!

(I looked longingly at the Toto bidet seat, but we don't have an electric outlet near the toilet, so that's not happening until a bathroom remodel, i.e. never.)

canyoneer
Sep 13, 2005

I only have canyoneyes for you

Zombie Dachshund posted:

(I looked longingly at the Toto bidet seat, but we don't have an electric outlet near the toilet, so that's not happening until a bathroom remodel, i.e. never.)

I bless the rains on my baaaackdoor

Bum the Sad
Aug 25, 2002
Hell Gem

Coredump posted:

no for real dont flush em. dont.

I'm gonna

Meydey
Dec 31, 2005

Zombie Dachshund posted:

A 3ft extension cord was all I needed to get to the gfi outlet. Now my bhole is nice and clean.

Pitre
Jul 29, 2003

Zombie Dachshund posted:

We went fancy full electric bidets (BioBidet 2000) in both bathrooms a few months ago thankfully before all hell broke loose. I converted the bathroom light/fart fan switch to a switch/outlet like this and used a 6' extension secured to the wall to the back of the toilet.
https://www.homedepot.com/p/Leviton-15-Amp-125-Volt-Combo-Self-Test-Tamper-Resistant-GFCI-Outlet-and-Switch-White-R92-GFSW1-0KW/206000203

Turns out my stupid house has one 20A breaker supplying both bathrooms for everything so when the bidets are used the LED lights slightly flicker when the instant heat is in use but for now it'll have to do because I'll be damned if I can run a new separate circuit very easily to the back of the house where the bathrooms are.

DeadFatDuckFat
Oct 29, 2012

This avatar brought to you by the 'save our dead gay forums' foundation.

Thinkin about goin to costco tomorrow. Need more eggs

Alan Smithee
Jan 4, 2005

A man becomes preeminent, he's expected to have enthusiasms.

Enthusiasms, enthusiasms...
from wat im seeing they lifted limits on eggs

DeadFatDuckFat
Oct 29, 2012

Alan Smithee posted:

from wat im seeing they lifted limits on eggs

Very good

OldSenileGuy
Mar 13, 2001
Super jealous of all you people that can just waltz into your Costcos right now.

Friday I drove to my local ‘stco, saw a line to get in that went around the building and did not seem to be moving.

Drove 30 minutes to a more remote location, they ALSO had a long line to get in. Stood on the line for 20 minutes, during which the line moved up by about one person, and then just left.

I want my Costco back :(

Alan Smithee
Jan 4, 2005

OldSenileGuy posted:

Super jealous of all you people that can just waltz into your Costcos right now.

Friday I drove to my local ‘stco, saw a line to get in that went around the building and did not seem to be moving.

Drove 30 minutes to a more remote location, they ALSO had a long line to get in. Stood on the line for 20 minutes, during which the line moved up by about one person, and then just left.

go just before closing

Squashy Nipples
Aug 18, 2007

OldSenileGuy posted:

Sorry man, mine's been wonderful, actually LESS busy then usual. If I go early, there's nobody there.

(Avon, MA)

ArbitraryC
Jan 28, 2009
Pick a number, any number
Pillbug
I feel like if you have a costco membership you should be in a position to stay the gently caress at home right now. No need to be a part of the problem.

Im Ready for DEATH
Oct 5, 2016

In light of a bunch of meat packing plants closing, we need to change the thread title

DeadFatDuckFat
Oct 29, 2012

ArbitraryC posted:

I feel like if you have a costco membership you should be in a position to stay the gently caress at home right now. No need to be a part of the problem.

The last time I went to costco (or anywhere) was on March 25th. Theres only so much food I can stockpile at once

Squashy Nipples
Aug 18, 2007

ArbitraryC posted:

Not only did I take a completely unnecessary trip to Costco, but I rubbed my hairy man-nipples all over the chicken.

Alan Smithee
Jan 4, 2005

how do you think those chickens are so glazed

it me

ArbitraryC
Jan 28, 2009
Pick a number, any number
Pillbug

DeadFatDuckFat posted:

The last time I went to costco (or anywhere) was on March 25th. Theres only so much food I can stockpile at once
It's costco man, they sell huge bags and boxes of everything. Even if your kitchen and pantry is literally empty you could easily get more than two and a half weeks of stuff in a single trip.

I can vaguely understand metro area people living in a studio with a mini fridge and one cupboard in their combo kitchen bathroom needing to go grocery shopping more regularly but people with costco memberships of all things don't really have an excuse.

Don't mean to snap at you in particular and honestly 2.5 weeks apart is probably better than most but stats are coming out and a lot of places are finding that because grocery stores are basically the only thing open that bored people are going there as a regular way to leave the house and it just makes me wanna scream.

DeadFatDuckFat
Oct 29, 2012

But I ran out of egg

canyoneer
Sep 13, 2005

I only have canyoneyes for you
My 'co on Friday had the 2 egg units per membership limit, but the 3 1/2 dozen flats counted as one unit so we are eating omelettes :yum:

Bucnasti
Aug 14, 2012

I'll Fetch My Sarcasm Robes
So Facebook recommended a Costco group for me to join, and I accepted. Turns out it’s a (mostly)employee group, there’s a little bit of bitching and sniping at dumb customers but it’s mostly extremely wholesome.

Jingleheimer
Mar 30, 2006
You think going to Costco during the day is bad? Try being an Instacart shopper with the privilege of being able to shop at Costco before they open. Costco lets them in starting at 6am, and at that time they have to maneuver around insane amounts of freight on the floor and the shorthanded Costco employees rushing to get everything stocked before they open the doors to everyone else. It's terribly unsafe for them with forklifts zipping around all over the place that they are legitimately risking their lives by shopping that early. And that's just the physical danger if it, there's also the risk of catching and/or spreading the virus. And during normal business hours Costco is nice enough to continue letting the Instacart shoppers in the back door so they don't have to wait in line to get in.

Instacart is so overwhelmed with orders now that it's hard for them to keep up. A lot of their employees are working 12 hour days and easily making at least a least a few hundred dollars a day doing it. These people are heroes right now.

Grand Fromage
Jan 30, 2006

L-l-look at you bar-bartender, a-a pa-pathetic creature of meat and bone, un-underestimating my l-l-liver's ability to metab-meTABolize t-toxins. How can you p-poison a perfect, immortal alcohOLIC?

Jingleheimer posted:

Instacart is so overwhelmed with orders now that it's hard for them to keep up. A lot of their employees are working 12 hour days and easily making at least a least a few hundred dollars a day doing it. These people are heroes right now.

Do they actually get paid that well? I hope they are but I assumed they were getting hosed over.

Navin Johnson
Mar 1, 2016

Alan Smithee posted:

go just before closing

And I thought I was a jerk. I'll bet you leave your cart right next to where you parked your car......

LadyPictureShow
Nov 18, 2005

Success!

Grand Fromage posted:

Do they actually get paid that well? I hope they are but I assumed they were getting hosed over.

I'll have to see if I can find the article I read, but there are cases of Instacart shoppers getting ripped off by customers.

They'll list something like a $50 tip, a shopper will fill the order, then the customer will edit the tip to $0 after the fact, pulling a bait and switch to get their grocery orders filled faster

E: here we go.

https://www.google.com/amp/s/www.theverge.com/platform/amp/2020/4/10/21216317/instacart-tip-baiting-grocery-employees-delivery-pandemic

:murder:

StormDrain
May 22, 2003

Thirteen Letter
I am certain that working in the grocery and Costcos is hard work and I feel bad that they have to be in that stressful environment. The worst thing is that the stress would be alleviated if all the customers were nice and didn't buy more than they need. And were understanding if something is sold out and you'll have to make do.

I used to go weekly but now I can go monthly, and I buy more food since I am not eating out. I think that's a manageable load. This whole thing will likely go on for a while so I hope we, as a society, get in a groove and the panic levels out.

MisterOblivious
Mar 17, 2010

by sebmojo

Jingleheimer posted:

You think going to Costco during the day is bad? Try being an Instacart shopper with the privilege of being able to shop at Costco before they open. Costco lets them in starting at 6am, and at that time they have to maneuver around insane amounts of freight on the floor and the shorthanded Costco employees rushing to get everything stocked before they open the doors to everyone else. It's terribly unsafe for them with forklifts zipping around all over the place that they are legitimately risking their lives by shopping that early.

Ask any Costco employee and it's the instacart people that are the ones endangering their own safety by walking around while staring at a screen and/or wearing headphones rather than loving paying attention.

Ohh won't somebody think of the poor instacart people that are operating in the exact same conditions the Costco employees do every single morning.

StormDrain
May 22, 2003

Thirteen Letter
I actually have a question I've been wondering for a while. How does Costco allow insta cart shoppers at all? All the articles I read about the membership indicate to me that any lost profit on product is balanced by the membership fees on a whole, so now if you concentrate a lot more product sale on a few memberships doesn't that break the model?

EPICAC
Mar 23, 2001

StormDrain posted:

I actually have a question I've been wondering for a while. How does Costco allow insta cart shoppers at all? All the articles I read about the membership indicate to me that any lost profit on product is balanced by the membership fees on a whole, so now if you concentrate a lot more product sale on a few memberships doesn't that break the model?

We did an InstaCart order from Costco a few weeks ago, and had to enter our member ID.

Jingleheimer
Mar 30, 2006

Grand Fromage posted:

The ones I've talked to say that's how much they're making, it really comes down to how many orders you can do in a day though. No one I've talked to has mentioned getting screwed over with tips but sadly I'm not at all surprised that it happens. But what they really get screwed over on is if they start showing corona symptoms and need to stay home. Instacart will do very little to help them out financially.

Laterite
Mar 14, 2007

It's Gutfest '89
Grimey Drawer
love my gig economy

Jingleheimer
Mar 30, 2006

MisterOblivious posted:

Ask any Costco employee and it's the instacart people that are the ones endangering their own safety by walking around while staring at a screen and/or wearing headphones rather than loving paying attention.

Ohh won't somebody think of the poor instacart people that are operating in the exact same conditions the Costco employees do every single morning.

I completely agree, I was just trying to be nice about it. The difference is that the Costco employees are used to working in those conditions and and aren't staring at a screen while walking around like the instacart people do. But Instacart payed Costco a lot of money to make it happen so the only thing Costco will do about it is tell their employees to be extra careful and safe with people shopping. It's not just instacart people either. It's also when Costco lets their employees shop so that only exacerbates the problem.

Bibliotechno Music
Dec 30, 2008

I can only make it to service once a month now in These Trying Times, I’ve got a list but what am I missing? Going for a bunch of basics, but not sure of what kind of jerky (I love the pork but it’s too sweet, I prefer my jerky as dry as possible)or what kind of microwave/frozen snacks will help the most. Also any arguments for talking my husband into smoked salmon would be helpful; he didn’t believe me when I told him I’d kill a flat of blackberries in an afternoon, so please help him believe in my happiness. Is there any good loaf bread by the bakery?
E: we also need a sweet snack, I will kill or be killed if the only kind of sugar we eat is what I make the next couple months.

Currently living on PB pretzels, send help.

2e: this is the Costco on Clybourn in Chicago; haven’t been there yet this month but will provide an update on supplies and staffing, scout’s honor.

3E, got us baptized at the end of December and the Roni has enforced my good decision ever since.

Bibliotechno Music fucked around with this message at 04:58 on Apr 14, 2020

FCKGW
May 21, 2006

ArbitraryC posted:

It's costco man, they sell huge bags and boxes of everything. Even if your kitchen and pantry is literally empty you could easily get more than two and a half weeks of stuff in a single trip.

I can vaguely understand metro area people living in a studio with a mini fridge and one cupboard in their combo kitchen bathroom needing to go grocery shopping more regularly but people with costco memberships of all things don't really have an excuse.

Don't mean to snap at you in particular and honestly 2.5 weeks apart is probably better than most but stats are coming out and a lot of places are finding that because grocery stores are basically the only thing open that bored people are going there as a regular way to leave the house and it just makes me wanna scream.

Do families not exist in your scenario? We buy those giant packs of eggs from Costco every single week.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

jeeves
May 27, 2001

Deranged Psychopathic
Butler Extraordinaire
No TP in any church around the Portland area.