Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

paranoid randroid
Mar 4, 2007
aw poo poo yeah, stupid teen hijinks timeline

e:
VRISSY: My Moms would either give us a Medal or Kill Us Themselves, it’s like 50/50 odds.

TAVROS: Don’t love those numbers, folks,

tavros is good now, actually

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Peanut Butler
Jul 25, 2003

on pesterquest: I don't play a lot of visual novels (rly just this and Friendsim)- so idk how unusual this is, but for a game that p much lacks a lose condition, they did an amazing job making Ultimate Dirk feel like a final boss

also when Boldir popped up, I involuntarily blurted out, "It's you! haha!"

Because it's Homestuck there's a lot I lost track of- where/when does PQ's Aradia come from? When she said she was kinda hiding out in this space of limited canon relevancy, I did a little gasp and had to get up and pace around thinking about it, but I can't remember what she's trying to accomplish, and "when", or why

on upd8: Vriska as an agent of chaos just cartwheeling into the candyverse and lending it some surprise relevancy is so Vriska that they had to have two Vriskas to contain it

MonsieurChoc
Oct 12, 2013

Every species can smell its own extinction.
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=afam2nIae4o

Akett
Aug 6, 2012

Finally, someone says what I've been thinking all along, that's an A pose.

paranoid randroid
Mar 4, 2007

Peanut Butler posted:

on upd8: Vriska as an agent of chaos just cartwheeling into the candyverse and lending it some surprise relevancy is so Vriska that they had to have two Vriskas to contain it

based on pq's characterization of him, its very Dirk to backhand the one character that can obviate irrelevance off into an irrelevant timeline and then sit back and go "yes, my work here is done. time to go LARP Spore"

paranoid randroid
Mar 4, 2007
apropos of nothing if you arent reading Kill Six Billion Demons you should be, because Ultimate Dirk is basically the demiurge Incubus

paranoid randroid fucked around with this message at 06:48 on Apr 3, 2020

paranoid randroid
Mar 4, 2007
primary difference between Dirk and Incubus is that Dirk goes around Kamina-ing into the scene whereas Incubus is so JoJo he slides into frame vertically, up a wall, already posing

Plom Bar
Jun 5, 2004

hardest time i ever done :(

Plom Bar posted:

Well that ruled

Two days into April and we are 2 for 2 for Good Homestuck Content.

paranoid randroid
Mar 4, 2007
while this is bad for america nevertheless it is tremendous content

Peanut Butler
Jul 25, 2003

pesterquest's ultimate dirk theme turned out to be the perfect soundtrack for driving to the grocery store during a pandemic

Arsenic Lupin
Apr 12, 2012

This particularly rapid💨 unintelligible 😖patter💁 isn't generally heard🧏‍♂️, and if it is🤔, it doesn't matter💁.

I really love this piece of analysis, whether it's true or not.

https://abraxas-calibrator.tumblr.com/post/614376731533623296/gays-ive-cracked-hs2/amp

Detective Buttfuck
Mar 30, 2011

That gives me a headache trying to parse it, even with the bullet points.

Arsenic Lupin
Apr 12, 2012

This particularly rapid💨 unintelligible 😖patter💁 isn't generally heard🧏‍♂️, and if it is🤔, it doesn't matter💁.

I think the basic idea is that Pesterquest is even *less* relevant than Candy, and that the Pesterquest fragment of reality now contains the Dave from Candy before he turned into Davebot, as well as a different Aradia from the one who went off into space with Davebot. So, if this theory is correct, Pesterquest wound up partially rewriting Candy.

BobDoleTrasher
Nov 14, 2013

Generally hates cLutch
I thought this Aradia was from just before the time her and Sollux hopped into the black hole/candy timeline, since MSPAR told her they'll be fine when leaving canon.

Arsenic Lupin
Apr 12, 2012

BobDoleTrasher posted:

I thought this Aradia was from just before the time her and Sollux hopped into the black hole/candy timeline, since MSPAR told her they'll be fine when leaving canon.

Wow, this is hard to keep track of.

life_source
May 11, 2008

i got tired of looking at your edgy baby avatar that a 14-year old would be proud of
hahaha nice try homestuck2 im still not reading candy

Lupus Rufus
Aug 11, 2008

Prepare for trouble!

And make it a double!
Weird question, anyone who's played Dirk's route, can you confirm/deny whether the Dirk in that route is a Villainous Dirk or just a Regular Dirk? Asking for a friend who strongly identifies with Dirk and hates the direction of HS2. I havent played the PQ or even finished Friendsim yet so I can't answer that for him myself.

Arsenic Lupin
Apr 12, 2012

Lupus Rufus posted:

Weird question, anyone who's played Dirk's route, can you confirm/deny whether the Dirk in that route is a Villainous Dirk or just a Regular Dirk? Asking for a friend who strongly identifies with Dirk and hates the direction of HS2. I havent played the PQ or even finished Friendsim yet so I can't answer that for him myself.

Both. There's our teenage Dirk, the one we knew, and there's Epilogues Dirk. Our Dirk is a pretty good teenager with some Issues. And there's a reunion with adult Dave (from Candy) that makes them both emotional.

I didn't get the True Ending achievement, even though I saw the Director pushing Hussie into a closet and arguing with Dirk about who's really telling the story. Is there another path I missed?

Death Bot
Mar 4, 2007

Binary killing machines, turning 1 into 0 since 0011000100111001 0011011100110110

Arsenic Lupin posted:

I didn't get the True Ending achievement, even though I saw [spoiler]the Director pushing Hussie into a closet and arguing with Dirk about who's really telling the story. Is there another path I missed?

on the last choice where you're in front of johns house deciding whether to put the game back in the mailbox, click on MSPAR. i had to look it up lmao

paranoid randroid
Mar 4, 2007

Lupus Rufus posted:

if they dislike ult dirk they will probably very much like dirk's route

BobDoleTrasher
Nov 14, 2013

Generally hates cLutch
But if the friendsim trolls are from hiveswap and the timeline is locked, what does that mean for hiveswap? Is it on lockdown as well now?

Plom Bar
Jun 5, 2004

BobDoleTrasher posted:

But if the friendsim trolls are from hiveswap and the timeline is locked, what does that mean for hiveswap? Is it on lockdown as well now?

The crew has stated that the characterization of the Friendsim trolls in Friendsim isn't going to mirror their characterization in Hiveswap proper 1:1, or at all in some cases. Therefore, the versions of the Hiveswap trolls in Friendsim are locked away from actual Hiveswap, much like the PQ kids are locked away from Homestuck proper.

Plom Bar fucked around with this message at 07:34 on Apr 13, 2020

Tenebrais
Sep 2, 2011

I wonder how the aborted story of Hiveswap plays into Homestuck 2's approach to canon and timelines existing. Like, does Joey's timeline not exist any more since there's no more story? If act 2 ever actually does come out, does it spring back to life like dry moss after the rain? Is the entire universe a schrodinger's cat in broader paradox space, in a simultaneous state of existing and not existing until the waveform collapses and it is either released or officially cancelled?

Tenebrais fucked around with this message at 23:36 on Apr 12, 2020

RBA Starblade
Apr 28, 2008

Going Home.

Games Idiot Court Jester

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=--KE6Z46_R0

Arsenic Lupin
Apr 12, 2012

Upd8 is good and fun.

Detective Buttfuck
Mar 30, 2011

Not dear precious Yiffy!

BobDoleTrasher
Nov 14, 2013

Generally hates cLutch
With all that poo poo in mind, they make us wait... :blastu:

life_source
May 11, 2008

i got tired of looking at your edgy baby avatar that a 14-year old would be proud of
https://homestuck.bandcamp.com/album/beyond-canon

Space Cadet Omoly
Jan 15, 2014

~Groovy~

Taking bets now: Is Yiffy Jades nickname for Dave, or is that what they named their kid? Which is worse?

Arsenic Lupin
Apr 12, 2012

They don't have a kid because (ugh) dog cock. I'm betting on some stuffed animal or manthro chap Jade gave Vrissy.

BobDoleTrasher
Nov 14, 2013

Generally hates cLutch
Would any of them songs even fit in any S

life_source
May 11, 2008

No, probably not.

Just finished listening and it's good but it doesn't feel Homestuck.

Which might just be me.

Pants Donkey
Nov 13, 2011

Arsenic Lupin posted:

They don't have a kid because (ugh) dog cock. I'm betting on some stuffed animal or manthro chap Jade gave Vrissy.
Candy universe almost seems okay the way it’s depicted in HS2, and I wonder if it’s been a challenge writing around the really gross stuff.

Arsenic Lupin
Apr 12, 2012

My take right now (subject to change when proven wrong) is that Candy is where most of the non-villainous cast bottoms out, and in HS2 they're starting to be on the upswing in various ways.

Plom Bar
Jun 5, 2004

Yiffy is a smuppet dog.

Space Cadet Omoly
Jan 15, 2014

~Groovy~

Arsenic Lupin posted:

Oh right, I think I blocked that out because I hated that whole plot point so loving much. It was such a contrived way to keep Jade unhappy. Dave and Jade can't conceive a child even though Jade really wants to start a family? Okay then why don't they just use ectobiology? What's that? They're morally opposed to it for some poorly defined reason? Well whatever, why don't they adopt? Oh, they're never going to even consider adoption even though two of their closest friends have already adopted a child? Just going to keep Jade pining for a baby and then the man she married becomes a robot and abandons her.

Plom Bar
Jun 5, 2004

Yiffy is not a child. I lay strong odds against Yiffy being a living thing at all.

There is no way Jade and Dave had a kid through any contrived means that was never mentioned before now, and the fact that Jane rates whatever it is as equally important to a child is part of the gag, as is the juxtaposition of Jade's stress over it against Rose and Kanaya's stress over their living daughter.

It is a smuppet alchemized with stuffed Halley.

BobDoleTrasher
Nov 14, 2013

Generally hates cLutch

HMMMMM

Pants Donkey
Nov 13, 2011

I think that is just referring to Tavros.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

BobDoleTrasher
Nov 14, 2013

Generally hates cLutch

Pants Donkey posted:

I think that is just referring to Tavros.

Well, yes. I was just doing the cuck thing.