Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

rotor
Jun 11, 2001

classic case of pineapple derangement syndrome
there's a fuckin bird outside that sounds like a goddamn fire alarm with a bad battery

every 30 seconds, just a single sharp chirp

gonna find that goddamn bird and force feed it a nine volt battery

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Asleep Style
Oct 20, 2010

rotor posted:

there's a fuckin bird outside that sounds like a goddamn fire alarm with a bad battery

Same but it's my neighbors idiot dog

e: to be clear, the dog is making that sort of noise. I disavow the 9 volt business

Asleep Style fucked around with this message at 23:42 on Apr 13, 2020

tk
Dec 10, 2003

Nap Ghost

Sagebrush posted:

it's not currently touching the metal, but it looks like both the motherboard and graphics card are just resting on those plastic tool hangers. you would at least want to have actual standoffs at each corner so it can't get bumped into a short circuit.

or just put a bunch of masking tape on the bottom i guess

I have standoffs screwed into the top half of the motherboard to prevent touching on the back side. Right now my biggest concern is an accidental cord yank toppling the motherboard forward. The red clip on top should prevent that but it’s a bit precarious.

Video card is plastic on the back so I’m not concerned about that one.

EIDE Van Hagar
Dec 8, 2000

Beep Boop

syntaxrigger posted:

Drinking during covid

link

looks like Texas and Cali are in a race to the top. :getin:

can’t go outside to shoot my guns, what else is there???

Sagebrush
Feb 26, 2012

rotor posted:

i think you live in the same general part of the city as me. do you get that weird bird that only sings at night (it is NOT a nightingale) and does like a tweeeeeeeee-twitwittwitwi sound? idk what they are but there are a bunch of those here.

also a family of blue jays and one stray tabby cat that walks through my patio one way at about 12pm and the other way at 4pm every day

ambient oatmeal
Jun 23, 2012

rotor posted:

You should feed it seeds and suet and such because birds are friends

rotor
Jun 11, 2001

ambient oatmeal posted:

You should feed it seeds and suet and such because birds are friends

if it was a friend it would shut the gently caress up

Sagebrush posted:

i think you live in the same general part of the city as me. do you get that weird bird that only sings at night (it is NOT a nightingale) and does like a tweeeeeeeee-twitwittwitwi sound? idk what they are but there are a bunch of those here.

nope all i get are gulls, crows and this fucker

Fatal Error
Feb 13, 2013

by sebmojo
maybe if you fed it it’d become your friend, you ever thought about that?

feed the bird

Roosevelt
Jul 18, 2009

I'm looking for the man who shot my paw.

Fatal Error posted:

maybe if you fed it it’d become your friend, you ever thought about that?

feed the bird

yeah enjoy your new bird friend waking you up at 4:30AM every day for breakfast, sucker

Kenny Logins
Jan 11, 2011

EVERY MORNING I WAKE UP AND OPEN PALM SLAM A WHITE WHALE INTO THE PEQUOD. IT'S HELL'S HEART AND RIGHT THEN AND THERE I STRIKE AT THEE ALONGSIDE WITH THE MAIN CHARACTER, ISHMAEL.

Sagebrush posted:

i googled it. it was fireflies

Farmer Crack-Ass
Jan 2, 2001

this is me posting irl
if you put bird food out it may attract other birds which will intimidate lil fire alarm and make it move somewhere else

alternately you could take up falconry

Captain Foo
May 11, 2004

we vibin'
we slidin'
we breathin'
we dyin'

Uptime Sinclair posted:

i googled it. it was fireflies

echinopsis
Apr 13, 2004

by Fluffdaddy
imma experience with bird feeders as soon as you stop feeding them they gently caress off. zero loyalty

rotor
Jun 11, 2001

birds: loud, disloyal, possibly hostile to other birds

idk man i dont see a strong case being made

President Beep
Apr 30, 2009

i have to have a car because otherwise i cant drive around the country solving mysteries while being doggedly pursued by federal marshals for a crime i did not commit (9/11)
they came from theropods. dunno what else u need to hear.

Sagebrush
Feb 26, 2012

birds are pretty clearly the dominant species on the planet. like idk do you see any other animals that can loving fly? only insects, and birds eat them. q.e.d.

Sagebrush
Feb 26, 2012

imagine being a deer and you see a human off in the distance and you're like "hah whatever i'm way faster than him" and then he stands up taller and launches this giant loving bird at you like a guided missile

https://i.imgur.com/zNnmXTU.mp4

President Beep
Apr 30, 2009

i have to have a car because otherwise i cant drive around the country solving mysteries while being doggedly pursued by federal marshals for a crime i did not commit (9/11)

Sagebrush posted:

birds are pretty clearly the dominant species on the planet. like idk do you see any other animals that can loving fly? only insects, and birds eat them. q.e.d.

please do not commit mothman erasure.

Sagebrush
Feb 26, 2012

mothman also was eaten by a bird. that's why no one has seen him in a while

Raluek
Nov 3, 2006

WUT.

Sagebrush posted:

President Beep
Apr 30, 2009

aw contrair mon frair!

https://www.npr.org/local/309/2019/10/28/773566283/the-case-of-the-chicago-mothman

i’ve got you this time, sagebrush.

Sagebrush
Feb 26, 2012

i wasn't even aware of the chicago mothman! probably some sort of large bird incorrectly identified as a mothman.

President Beep
Apr 30, 2009

it’s because chicago is in flyover country

Kenny Logins
Jan 11, 2011

EVERY MORNING I WAKE UP AND OPEN PALM SLAM A WHITE WHALE INTO THE PEQUOD. IT'S HELL'S HEART AND RIGHT THEN AND THERE I STRIKE AT THEE ALONGSIDE WITH THE MAIN CHARACTER, ISHMAEL.
outstanding

ambient oatmeal
Jun 23, 2012

Sagebrush posted:

imagine being a deer and you see a human off in the distance and you're like "hah whatever i'm way faster than him" and then he stands up taller and launches this giant loving bird at you like a guided missile

https://i.imgur.com/zNnmXTU.mp4

A coworker of mine is a falconer and I got to meet her red tailed hawk

She named him Fimbulwinter

CRIP EATIN BREAD
Jun 24, 2002

Hey stop worrying bout my acting bitch, and worry about your WACK ass music. In the mean time... Eat a hot bowl of Dicks! Ice T

Soiled Meat
john conway died of coronavirus :(

first casualty of the disease

echinopsis
Apr 13, 2004

by Fluffdaddy
actually it was the person syntax trigger boned

CRIP EATIN BREAD
Jun 24, 2002

Hey stop worrying bout my acting bitch, and worry about your WACK ass music. In the mean time... Eat a hot bowl of Dicks! Ice T

Soiled Meat
who

Stereotype
Apr 24, 2010

College Slice
game of death

Agile Vector
May 21, 2007

scrum bored

Asleep Style posted:

Same but it's my neighbors idiot dog

e: to be clear, the dog is making that sort of noise. I disavow the 9 volt business

ah so its two AAs

President Beep posted:

please do not commit mothman erasure.

is this the thread where i can say i am disappointed i cant check out the mothman museum now? because that is a day trip for me and i wanted to do something silly but fun throw spring on a weekend drive

Agile Vector
May 21, 2007

scrum bored

stupid fo76 is just a slide reel of all the odd or pretty roadside stops from my childhood family vacations through WV and i really wanna do those things now

Agile Vector
May 21, 2007

scrum bored

mom and dad taking us to gently caress up some super mutants in charleston was fun

Kenny Logins
Jan 11, 2011

Agile Vector posted:

stupid fo76 is just a slide reel of all the odd or pretty roadside stops from my childhood family vacations through WV and i really wanna do those things now
https://twitter.com/kennethlogins/status/1098277266977669121?s=21

4lokos basilisk
Jul 17, 2008

DELETE CASCADE posted:

the article isn't primarily about "number go up" though, at least not the stock market number. it's more about unemployment, and while i'm a fully out of touch computer programmer, i'm pretty sure "having a job that pays you" still affects most people positively

that’s true but I also recall the unemployment number being constantly fudged by governments so they could claim “things are getting better” while an increasing amount of people are not reflected in these numbers at all

also the word “debt” kept popping up in every other sentence. at this point who the gently caress cares? there’s an insane amount of work and capital needed for feeding and clothing and providing basic needs to at risk people but for some reason we should care about number?

CRIP EATIN BREAD
Jun 24, 2002

Soiled Meat

Penisface posted:

but for some reason we should care about number?

you should never care about anything

Eeyo
Aug 29, 2004

CRIP EATIN BREAD posted:

john conway died of coronavirus :(

first casualty of the disease

RIP

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=xP5-iIeKXE8

syntaxrigger
Jul 7, 2011

Actually you owe me 6! But who's countin?

Friend sent me this. As a person who either never had a sense of smell, or lost it at around 3ish, I found this interesting

https://harpers.org/2020/04/under-our-noses-coronavirus-anosmia/

Asleep Style
Oct 20, 2010

syntaxrigger posted:

Friend sent me this. As a person who either never had a sense of smell, or lost it at around 3ish, I found this interesting

https://harpers.org/2020/04/under-our-noses-coronavirus-anosmia/

Patient zero has logged on

H.P. Hovercraft
Jan 12, 2004

one thing a computer can do that most humans can't is be sealed up in a cardboard box and sit in a warehouse
Slippery Tilde
i'm hard of smell (hyposmia) and losing what little i have left would be completely awful

that article is p accurate, doctors don't take it seriously at all and it is a danger; i can smell that chemical they put in natural gas but spoiled milk is outside of my range and has made me sick before

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

syntaxrigger
Jul 7, 2011

Actually you owe me 6! But who's countin?

echinopsis posted:

actually it was the person syntax trigger boned

This is a new one to me but congrats on not being racist.

Stereotype posted:

game of death

name of my dillz