Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.
Should Wrestlemania have been postponed?
This poll is closed.
Yes. 44 28.76%
Yes. 109 71.24%
Total: 120 votes
[Edit Poll (moderators only)]

boxcarhobo
Jun 23, 2005

i started playing dnd over discord after the asuka match

it seems this was the incredibly right decision

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

StarkRavingMad
Sep 27, 2001

Yams Fan
So from what I’m seeing elsewhere, they kinda mimed like they were doing Los Ingobernables de Estados Unidos and then...jobbed out their leader in the main event?

Blaise330
Aug 13, 2007

GOD'S FAVORITE CHAMPION
It was against the world champ. I don't think the midcard champ has beaten the world champ since hogan vs warrior

..........im just now remembering john stewart in cena vs rollins champ vs champ match

Hirez
Feb 3, 2003

Weber scored 49 points?

:allears: :allears: :allears:
God I love that Titus avatar everytime you get some WWE WTF reminder

StarkRavingMad
Sep 27, 2001

Yams Fan

Blaise330 posted:

It was against the world champ. I don't think the midcard champ has beaten the world champ since hogan vs warrior

..........im just now remembering john stewart in cena vs rollins champ vs champ match

yeah, it's not that I think Andrade should have won, it's more why do you do something interesting like signalling Los and making them look like a threat on the same episode that you've booked Andrade to lose in the main event

do it next week as a reaction to Andrade's loss and they look like something scary and potentially cool is happening

Hirez
Feb 3, 2003

Weber scored 49 points?

:allears: :allears: :allears:
but but we need to get Seth Rollins-Lynch back on top!

Golden Bee
Dec 24, 2009

I came here to chew bubblegum and quote 'They Live', and I'm... at an impasse.
Seth Rollins, we saw your nude pics.
Got a good look at your penis tip

Jerusalem
May 20, 2004

Would you be my new best friends?

No that was the whole thing.

MJeff
Jun 2, 2011

THE LIAR
Twitter likes aren't exactly a source, but Kairi's aren't painting a picture of somebody who's gonna be around much longer.

Or I guess she might just be liking everything.

MJeff fucked around with this message at 06:53 on Apr 14, 2020

Spiderdrake
May 12, 2001

Didn't she infamously like foot fetish art of her?

Though I think it was a good likeness?

Jerusalem
May 20, 2004

I think the saddest thing for me was seeing her complete lack of emotion coming out for her Wrestlemania match.

It was supposed to be Wrestlemania Pirate Ship and she was supposed to be either running wild with Io over in NXT or dominating everybody with Asuka as the Kabuki Warriors and instead she's trudging out at the Performance Center in front of no people to lose to a tag team that only had one match in the two months prior (which they lost!).

MJeff
Jun 2, 2011

THE LIAR
I have thought for a while that Finn Balor was the most badly wasted talent in the current era of WWE but Kairi might edge him out at this point. She won the MYC and has basically spent her entire career since jobbing to people vastly less talented and less charismatic than her and got shoot power bombed, which I wasn't even aware was something you could do until I saw it happen to her.

Blaise330
Aug 13, 2007

GOD'S FAVORITE CHAMPION

Jerusalem posted:

to lose to a tag team that only had one match in the two months prior (which they lost!).

So you're saying Cedric and Ricochet have a chance someday...

Spiderdrake
May 12, 2001

MJeff posted:

I have thought for a while that Finn Balor was the most badly wasted talent in the current era of WWE but Kairi might edge him out at this point.
It's Kairi, definitely. Riho really drove home that there's an audience for that style of match.

I'm not even sure I'd put Balor in the top five, maybe not top ten. But it's one of those conversations where it feels like they're wasting so loving many performers and it just gets saddening.

Rarity
Oct 21, 2010

~*4 LIFE*~
Ricochet's career trajectory ending up with him in a jobber tag team of small black guys is the saddest and most predictable thing

MJeff
Jun 2, 2011

THE LIAR

Spiderdrake posted:

It's Kairi, definitely. Riho really drove home that there's an audience for that style of match.

I'm not even sure I'd put Balor in the top five, maybe not top ten. But it's one of those conversations where it feels like they're wasting so loving many performers and it just gets saddening.

I guess I think it's Balor because I think anything less than "top guy in the promotion" is baffling for him and the way they just shrugged their shoulders and put him back in NXT because they couldn't be assed to push him is just wack as gently caress.

Rarity
Oct 21, 2010

~*4 LIFE*~
Just swap Finn Balor with Seth Rollins and pretend that it's always been that way

Blaise330
Aug 13, 2007

GOD'S FAVORITE CHAMPION

Rarity posted:

Ricochet's career trajectory ending up with him in a jobber tag team of small black guys is the saddest and most predictable thing

Could be worse, they coulda been in the cruiserweight tournament.

Blaise330
Aug 13, 2007

GOD'S FAVORITE CHAMPION

Rarity posted:

Just swap Finn Balor with Seth Rollins and pretend that it's always been that way

Drew vs Finn would be a sexy matchup but I think Finn has to hop around NXT for like 10 more months then come back to do Demon vs The Fiend at WM37. I'm assuming by then The Fiend will have lost 5 times already.

You know I gotta ask...... so we WANT Finn to beat Walter? Cause those UK champ runs are long as gently caress.

https://streamable.com/broriq I like the flatness and unenthusiasm in MVP's voice when he says "..................Murphy"

Blaise330 fucked around with this message at 08:56 on Apr 14, 2020

Jerusalem
May 20, 2004

Blaise330 posted:

So you're saying Cedric and Ricochet have a chance someday...

Sure, there might be a team of big guys Vince wants to get over so he lets Cedric and Ricochet get a single win against some other random team before promptly beating them... oh wait, that was this week.

Blaise330
Aug 13, 2007

GOD'S FAVORITE CHAMPION
I mean a chance to win the titles with 0 momentum whatsoever like Alexa and Nikki did

Rarity
Oct 21, 2010

~*4 LIFE*~
Ricochet and Cedric will be jobbers for 2 years before winning the titles on WM pre-show. Ricochet will tweet that this proves fans need to stick with the story cause it's all about the ending. They will drop the belts 2 weeks later.

Blaise330
Aug 13, 2007

GOD'S FAVORITE CHAMPION

Rarity posted:

Ricochet and Cedric will be jobbers for 2 years before winning the titles on WM pre-show. Ricochet will tweet that this proves fans need to stick with the story cause it's all about the ending. They will drop the belts 2 weeks later.

I'll take it, I'm not sure I wanna see that happening to Zack Ryder a 3rd time.

I like how Zack was such a loser he didn't get a rematch even when WWE had an automatic rematch clause.

Rick
Feb 23, 2004
When I was 17, my father was so stupid, I didn't want to be seen with him in public. When I was 24, I was amazed at how much the old man had learned in just 7 years.
Raw was okay. For the men, it feels a lot like some sort of bizzaro mashup of NXT and WWF Superstars. Like the shows are a lot of Network NXT dudes from 2017-2019 against either current lowercard NXT dudes or each other. All in all it has lead to some okay wrestling (Viking Raiders vs Cedric + Ricochet was better than okay). Rey's promo was great although I don't know who he's supposed to wrestle because the heels are all occupied. I guess Andrade again?

The women's division feels a lot more coherent with a lot more star power, but maybe for some ratings reason they seem to get most of this stuff done by the first half of the second hour.

TheKingslayer
Sep 3, 2008

MJeff posted:

I guess I think it's Balor because I think anything less than "top guy in the promotion" is baffling for him and the way they just shrugged their shoulders and put him back in NXT because they couldn't be assed to push him is just wack as gently caress.

Just off the metric of who the the forums get upset about, Kairi is the most waisted talent. I personally don't know poo poo about her but tons of posts are devoted to how great she is and the fed just seems to job her relentlessly.

ChrisBTY
Mar 29, 2012

this glorious monument

Knowing that all these people have spent their lives working hard for a dream that will never come true because the key is in the hand of the one of the most deranged, despicable creatures to ever convent oxygen into carbon is one of the saddest drat things.

You lose: Your dream dies.
You win: Your dream still dies.

Take it from Brock folks; don't dream, just punch the loving clock.

TheKingslayer
Sep 3, 2008

ChrisBTY posted:

Knowing that all these people have spent their lives working hard for a dream that will never come true because the key is in the hand of the one of the most deranged, despicable creatures to ever convent oxygen into carbon is one of the saddest drat things.

You lose: Your dream dies.
You win: Your dream still dies.

Take it from Brock folks; don't dream, just punch the loving clock.

Brock mentions in his book that Mr Perfect told him you get in the business to get out. Seems like he internalized that.

Blaise330
Aug 13, 2007

GOD'S FAVORITE CHAMPION
https://streamable.com/uhade7

Can someone transcribe this? I'm not even sure Kalisto knows what Rey said.

MJeff
Jun 2, 2011

THE LIAR
"I need to delete Bud--"

Rey Mysterio's Inner Monologue: 'Oh christ, that's right, he's just going by Murphy now, god dammit.

"--urrrrphhy. Murphy."

ChrisBTY
Mar 29, 2012

this glorious monument

TheKingslayer posted:

Brock mentions in his book that Mr Perfect told him you get in the business to get out. Seems like he internalized that.

That seems like a really weird thing to say for a multi-generational lifer like Hennig to say but at least Brock took the right lesson from it.

Cavauro
Jan 9, 2008

i get it considering the perspective he had. get addicted to pain pills from the injuries you sustain from wrestling so much, plus lose your prime earning years anyway because of those injuries. gently caress wrestling!

Paper Lion
Dec 14, 2009

I think he meant it more in a "make hay while the sun is shining" kind of way. For instance, don't have a drug problem and no savings and be forced to do dumb or humiliating poo poo in a worthless promotion or bum around conventions when you can make a shitload of money, retire early and have a good 30-50 years left in life onwards.

Gonz
Dec 22, 2009

"Jesus, did I say that? Or just think it? Was I talking? Did they hear me?"
Brock Lesnar is the greatest of all time on account of all the money he steals from Vince for doing 5% the work of a full timer.

Blaise330
Aug 13, 2007

GOD'S FAVORITE CHAMPION
I don't think any wrestler's advice, no matter how much they love it and if their father and grandfather did it, is to need to wrestle as long as possible.

Ad by Khad
Jul 25, 2007

Human Garbage
Watch me try to laugh this title off like the dickbag I am.

I also hang out with racists.

Paper Lion posted:

I think he meant it more in a "make hay while the sun is shining" kind of way. For instance, don't have a drug problem and no savings and be forced to do dumb or humiliating poo poo in a worthless promotion or bum around conventions when you can make a shitload of money, retire early and have a good 30-50 years left in life onwards.

should've said this to his son instead of brock

Luigi Thirty
Apr 30, 2006

Emergency confection port.

Kevin Nash said he was told to buy a house with cash as soon as you can, because then you’re free and if they want to gently caress you then you take your ball and go home.

E: Or was it Foley? Hell, I can’t remember.

TheKingslayer
Sep 3, 2008

Ad by Khad posted:

should've said this to his son instead of brock

I know you're joking but godamn did I get bummed thinking about how young his kid was when he passes. gently caress.

Jerusalem
May 20, 2004

Luigi Thirty posted:

Kevin Nash said he was told to buy a house with cash as soon as you can, because then you’re free and if they want to gently caress you then you take your ball and go home.

Kevin Nash was told that, and I think when he told the guy he'd followed his advice his response was,"Good, now they will never own you."

MJeff
Jun 2, 2011

THE LIAR

Luigi Thirty posted:

When Nash started making money, Chief Jay Strongbow told Nash "go and buy a house that you would've wanted in your wildest dreams growing up and pay in cash." Nash went and bought a condo in Detroit, told Strongbow about it and he said "Now you're no longer owned by the business. Everyone who was working there was out buying the expensive $5 million house where they have to pay for it the rest of their lives."

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Cerebral Bore
Apr 21, 2010

Fun Shoe
It's pretty wild that Vince is dragging people into mortal danger to produce literal nothing shows. Unsurprising, but wild nonetheless.