Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Token Female
Apr 2, 2007

If I hear the music...
Welcome to:

‘Hogwarts, Hogwarts, Hoggy Warty Hogwarts,
Teach us something please,
Whether we be old and bald
Or young with scabby knees,
Our heads could do with filling
With some interesting stuff,
For now they’re bare and full of air,
Dead flies and bits of fluff,
So teach us things worth knowing,
Bring back what we’ve forgot,
Just do your best, we’ll do the rest,
And learn until our brains all rot.’

This game is currently in: Day 7

This is a mafia game for 27 people.

This game is the follow up to:
Harry Potter and the Circus of Choas
Harry Potter and the Blood of Heroes
Harry Potter and the Mask of Gryffindor

RULES

1. This game is modded by Token Female and Max. If you have questions feel free to contact us by PM or discord.
2. The town win condition is: You win when all of the anti-Hogwarts forces have been removed.
3. Please do not lurk. We understand that Life Happens sometimes, or in general you just might not feel up to it once the game has begun. That is fine! Please contact us and we will sort it out one way or another, but we promise we will not be upset. Podima's Anti-Lurking Rules v3.3 will be in effect for this game. Don't sign up if you're going to skim the edges of these rules, please - 10 posts should mean 10 substantial posts, not 10 content-less doo-doo posts.
4. This game will NOT include plurality votes. If a majority decision is not reached before the deadline, the day will end with no one being eliminated (which is bad for the town).
5. Anyone who may need one has been provided with a full role PM as a fake claim. In addition, flavor is not indicative of alignment.
6. You are forbidden from quoting any private communications with the moderators, from talking to any player (living or dead) outside the thread unless your role says you may.
7. Twilight Posting is allowed after hammer for the remaining living players. You may continue to post until the day-ending Mod posts begin.
8. No editing of any kind is allowed. This includes ninja edits to fix spelling, grammar, formatting, etc. If you need to, just make a mafia edit by quoting your post and fixing what you need. If you are caught making any edits, you will be modkilled without warning.
9. Join the discord for this thread. Roles will be given here and such. :frogsiren: Link To Discord :frogsiren:
10. No PM comparing shenanigans (format, capital letters, etc.)
11. Remember this game is about having fun so don’t go out of your way to be a jerk to people. This should be fun!

Player List

1. Amnistar (He/Him)
  2. ASAPRockySituation replaced by EccoRaven
  3. bowmore replaced by Pander
  4. CapnAndy (he/him)
  5. Deadbeat Dad
  6. Dexanth (she/her)
  7. Epsilon Plus (he/his)
  8. Hal Incandenza (he/him/hal)
  9. Jen X (She/Her)
  10. Jose Valasquez
  11. Kashuno
  12. Khris Kruel
  13. kingcobweb
  14. Kloaked00
  15. Leith Maclaine (He/Him)
  16. merk (he/him)
  17. Mikujin
  18. Mr. Humalong (w/e)
  19. OFFICER LIGER
  20. Pussy Quipped
  21. Sandwolf (He/Him)
  22. Scientastic
  23. Spoonsy (he/him)
  24. Tom Tucker
  25. xopods (he, him, his)
  26. yuming (she/her)
  27. zzyzx

Replacements (in alphabetical order):
50 pounds of bread
busb
Jump King
Somberbrero
Toalpaz

Token Female fucked around with this message at 18:35 on Apr 28, 2020

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Max
Nov 30, 2002

The Dead

Day 1 Start
Day 1 Khris Kruel, Hagrid, TOWN TEACHER (Hogwarts aligned) had his soul removed day 1
Night 1 JenX, Gregory Goyle, TOWN STUDENT, (Hogwarts aligned) was killed by the killing curse night 1
Scientastic, Luna Lovegood, TOWN STUDENT, (Hogwarts aligned) was killed by the killing curse night 1
Day 2Xopods, Parvati Patil, TOWN STUDENT, (Hogwarts aligned), has their soul removed day 2
Night 2 DeadBeatDad, Cuthbert Binns, TOWN TEACHER, was killed with the killing curse Night 2
Hal Incandenza, Filius Flitwick, TOWN TEACHER, was shot Night 2
Day 3 Kingcobweb, Nearlyheadless Nick, MAFIA GOON, (House Ghost aligned) had their soul removed day 3
Night 3 Kloaked00, Nymphadora Tonks, TOWN AUROR, (Hogwarts aligned) was strangled night 3
Day 4 No one was executed day 4.
Night 4 Merk, Fleur Delacour, TOWN STUDENT, (Hogwarts Aligned) was strangled night 4
Pander, Gilderoy Lockhart, TOWN TEACHER, (Hogwarts aligned) was killed by the killing curse night 4
Officer LIGER, Dean Thomas, MINISTERY AUROR, (OFFICER LIGER aligned) was shot night 4
Day 5 Sandwolf, The Grey Lady, MAFIA GOON (House ghost aligned), had their soul removed day 5
Night 5
Dexnath, Cedric Diggory, TOWN STUDENT (Hogwarts aligned) was strangled night 5Spoonsy, Remus Lupin, TOWN TEACHER (Hogwarts aligned) was strangled night 5
Day 6 EccoRaven, Peter Pettigrew, MAFIA SCUM (Deatheater aligned) had their soul removed Day 6
Night 6 Yuming, Professor Minerva McGonagall, TOWN TEACHER (Hogwarts aligned) was killed by the killing curse Night 6
Mikujin, The Bloody Baron, MAFIA GODFATHER (House Ghost aligned) was killed by the killing curse Night 6
Day 7 Amnistar, Fred Weasley, TOWN STUDENT (Hogwarts aligned) had his soul removed day 7
Epsilon Plus, Bellatrix LeStrange, MAFIA ROLEBLOCKER (Deatheater aligned) was removed from the game Day 7
Night 7 Zzyzx, Draco Malfoy, TOWN STUDENT (Hogwarts aligned), was killed by the killing curse night 7
Day 8 Leith Maclaine, Dumbledore, TOWN TEACHER (Hogwarts aligned) had his soul removed Day 8
:toot: :siren: Jose Valasquez, Percy Weasley, MINISTRY AUROR (Ministry/Jose Valasquez aligned) left Hogwarts after successfully completing his objectives Day 8 :siren: :toot:
Night 8 Pussy Quipped, Lucius Malfoy, MAFIA GODFATHER (Deatheater aligned) was killed by the killing curse Night 8
Kashuno, The Fat Friar MAFIA ITEM DESTROYER, (House ghost aligned) was killed by the killing curse Night 8

Max fucked around with this message at 15:00 on May 2, 2020

Deadbeat Dad
Jun 3, 2005

the trad games jinho
In!!

Amnistar
Nov 6, 2008

I am a wizard, not a poet.
I would like to play.

Jen X
Sep 29, 2014

To bring light to the darkness, whether that darkness be ignorance, injustice, apathy, or stagnation.
Confirming presignup!

Jose Valasquez
Apr 8, 2005

Best

Jose Valasquez
Apr 8, 2005

Token Female posted:

9. Join the discord for this thread. Roles will be given here and such. :frogsiren: Join here :frogsiren:
The discord link says it is expired

yuming
Feb 26, 2008

dance dance dance
I will play!

Pussy Quipped
Jan 29, 2009

I will play

Max
Nov 30, 2002

Jose Valasquez posted:

Yes it looks like that link is off, this will get edited in but here is the link people should use: Link To Discord

Sandwolf
Jan 23, 2007

i'll be harpo

Yahhh sign me up

Mr. Humalong
May 7, 2007

Confirming pre-sign

merk
May 20, 2003

##interact
The Boy Who Lived returns.

Token Female
Apr 2, 2007

If I hear the music...

Jose Valasquez posted:

Thanks. This has been fixed.

xopods
Oct 26, 2010

Sign me up.

bowmore
Oct 6, 2008

Lipstick Apathy
Thanks for the PM Token Female, I'm in.

Yami Fenrir
Jan 25, 2015

Is it I that is insane... or the rest of the world?
I would like to observe.

This seems interesting but I don't think I have it in me to play right now.

soru
Apr 27, 2003

The Red God has his due, sweet girl, and only death may pay for life.
Hey TF, thanks for the invite. I won't have time to play but I'll definitely spectate.

STING 64
Oct 20, 2006

i will play

Spoonsy
Dec 6, 2005

Yeah, life is hilariously cruel.
Grimey Drawer
Holy poo poo I still have this account and I am stuck in my apartment and I really want to play Mafia none of my friends want to place Don't Push The Button on Jackbox and my girlfriend doesn't play board games.

In short, yes, I, Spoonsy, shall take my rightful place in this game and play Mafia.

Also lemme text Kloaked to see if he wants in

Max
Nov 30, 2002

Spoonsy posted:

Holy poo poo I still have this account and I am stuck in my apartment and I really want to play Mafia none of my friends want to place Don't Push The Button on Jackbox and my girlfriend doesn't play board games.

In short, yes, I, Spoonsy, shall take my rightful place in this game and play Mafia.

Also lemme text Kloaked to see if he wants in

Confirming Spoonsy as scum.

Spoonsy
Dec 6, 2005

Yeah, life is hilariously cruel.
Grimey Drawer

Max posted:

Confirming Spoonsy as scum.

Hey, it's not my fault that I need to wear gloves to go outside now.

Quandary
Jan 29, 2008
It's been like a decade, how the hell is this still all the exact same people playing mafia?

Amnistar
Nov 6, 2008

I am a wizard, not a poet.
Mafia. Mafia never changes.

soru
Apr 27, 2003

The Red God has his due, sweet girl, and only death may pay for life.

Quandary posted:

It's been like a decade, how the hell is this still all the exact same people playing mafia?

We don't play, we just answer the batsignal when it goes up

Token Female
Apr 2, 2007

If I hear the music...

Quandary posted:

Is this a sign up?

Max
Nov 30, 2002

Quandary posted:

We're like the Hotel California.

Toalpaz
Mar 20, 2012

Peace through overwhelming determination
I will play, however dear moderator, be warned! I have been known to bully players into leaving the game and telling new players to quit. If you could accept one such as I, it would bring me great pleasure to play in this game.

zzyzx
Mar 2, 2004

Yes, please.

Mr. Humalong
May 7, 2007

Toalpaz posted:

I will play, however dear moderator, be warned! I have been known to bully players into leaving the game and telling new players to quit. If you could accept one such as I, it would bring me great pleasure to play in this game.

:goofy:

Max
Nov 30, 2002

I am going to aggressively tap the "please be nice to each other" sign right now.

Scientastic
Mar 1, 2010

TRULY scientastic.
🔬🍒

Go on then, I will take part in this.

It has been a very long time since I last played, so forgive me if I am a bit of a muggle.

Jose Valasquez
Apr 8, 2005

Quandary posted:

I haven't played in years. I've been saving myself for this moment

Scientastic
Mar 1, 2010

TRULY scientastic.
🔬🍒

##vote Lumpen

It’s funny how things come back to you

Mikujin
May 25, 2010

(also a lightning rod)

My fever broke yesterday morning (sorry Grandi), but I'm still bouncing back from whatever-the-gently caress. If this isn't starting immediately I'll definitely keep my spot.

Tom Tucker
Jul 19, 2003

I want to warn you fellers
And tell you one by one
What makes a gallows rope to swing
A woman and a gun

Sure I’ll try this “Mafia” thing out.

xopods
Oct 26, 2010

Max posted:

I am going to aggressively tap the "please be nice to each other" sign right now.

Wrong game. Save this for my 18 Karens setup, coming soon to a forum near you.

Hal Incandenza
Feb 12, 2004

I am here to claim my presignup!

Hal Incandenza
Feb 12, 2004

xopods posted:

Wrong game. Save this for my 18 Karens setup, coming soon to a forum near you.

Ha! Man, Karens...

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Diqnol
May 10, 2010

I'm making a big mistake