Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

bird with big dick
Oct 21, 2015

I go to Costco every day and finger all the ground beef.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

KakerMix
Apr 8, 2004

8.2 M.P.G.
:byetankie:
Been a month since we've been so today I suited up and braved the covid-19 quarantine Costco. No TP, but that's fine since Publix has plenty.
I saw that PRIME New York strip was quite cheap, just over 10 bucks a pound so snagged a pack. Other than that, went in, got my poo poo, got the hell out.

El Jebus
Jun 18, 2008

This avatar is paid for by "Avatars for improving Lowtax's spine by any means that doesn't result in him becoming brain dead by putting his brain into a cyborg body and/or putting him in a exosuit due to fears of the suit being hacked and crushing him during a cyberpunk future timeline" Foundation
Indio Costco had tp late into the afternoon today.

Alan Smithee
Jan 4, 2005

A man becomes preeminent, he's expected to have enthusiasms.

Enthusiasms, enthusiasms...
all the coachella kids stayed home

tangy yet delightful
Sep 13, 2005

jeeves posted:

No TP in any church around the Portland area.

Safeway near me had about 20 packs of TP mid-afternoon today. Which was good since we were actually getting low. Might be worth checking non-Costco locations for TP unless you're willing to line up an hour before open.

El Jebus
Jun 18, 2008

This avatar is paid for by "Avatars for improving Lowtax's spine by any means that doesn't result in him becoming brain dead by putting his brain into a cyborg body and/or putting him in a exosuit due to fears of the suit being hacked and crushing him during a cyberpunk future timeline" Foundation

Alan Smithee posted:

all the coachella kids stayed home

Thank Satan.

Bucnasti
Aug 14, 2012

I'll Fetch My Sarcasm Robes
Anyone gone to a business center to see if they have industrial style TP?

Alan Smithee
Jan 4, 2005

A man becomes preeminent, he's expected to have enthusiasms.

Enthusiasms, enthusiasms...
I'd rather wipe with a loaded gun than use industrial ply

Orvin
Sep 9, 2006

I was randomly checking the Costco website yesterday, and the Kirkland baby wipes were in stock, so hopefully they actually show up next week.

Kinda sucks that the Kirkland diapers are sold out online and in stores. Two kids at home in diapers, and we are about to crack open the last boxes for each of my two kids. Hopefully Costco gets stock locally soon, or else we are going to have to find a new brand.

shut up netface
Jun 15, 2008
TODAYS THE DAY GUYS

EXECUTIVE REWARD CHECK ARRIVED IN THE MAIL.

I aint gonna go to church anytime soon to spend it, unfortunately.

Hasselblad
Dec 13, 2017

My dumbass opinions are only outweighed by my racism.

No one forgot that I exist to defend violent cops, champion chaining down immigrants, and have trash opinions on cooking.

Alan Smithee posted:

from wat im seeing they lifted limits on eggs

Still a limit at ours.

In non related co news, mortons classic steakhouse tri tip was on sale, $4 off per package. No limit, and a fuckton available. No TP when I was there, but they had paper towels. I was disgusted to still see idiots trying to check out with a cartful of them. Thankfully the cashiers we simply taking them out of the carts and setting them aside. Those people should be publicly shamed over the PA system.

hope and vaseline
Feb 13, 2001

shut up netface posted:

TODAYS THE DAY GUYS

EXECUTIVE REWARD CHECK ARRIVED IN THE MAIL.

I aint gonna go to church anytime soon to spend it, unfortunately.

Nearly $400 on mine, trip yesterday ran $350 and got enough frozen foods and staples for a month at least, PBUC

pnumoman
Sep 26, 2008

I never get the last word, and it makes me very sad.

Bucnasti posted:

Anyone gone to a business center to see if they have industrial style TP?

The business center in Bergen county, New Jersey never seemed to run out of the large industrial rolls of TP. By that, I mean the enormous rolls you see in public bathrooms, the ones in those huge plastic holders.

My guess is that no one bought it because it's even thinner and worse than the cheapo 1ply TP and it's such a huge roll that the box kinda looks like a box of commercial use folded paper towels if you don't know what you're looking for.

BaseballPCHiker
Jan 16, 2006

To the people who insist on flushing the "flushable" wipes.

Enjoy your higher property taxes in the coming years as your towns public works department has to pay to dig up streets and rip up and replace sewers and upgrade water treatment plants because you're to dumb to ignore good advice.

Headed to church today. Havent bought gas in close to a month, going to fill up and try and get some eggs and Fage yogurt.

Clavavisage
Nov 12, 2011

BaseballPCHiker posted:

Enjoy your higher property taxes in the coming years as your towns public works department has to pay to dig up streets and rip up and replace sewers and upgrade water treatment plants because you're to dumb to ignore good advice.

look at this guy who honestly thinks local government is going to be capable of anything more than the bare minimum they already do for infrastructure once the 'roni clears and they don't have a working budget until FY2100

what a strange hill to die on

Eltoasto
Aug 26, 2002

We come spinning out of nothingness, scattering stars like dust.

Look, the package says that they are plumber approved!

Bum the Sad
Aug 25, 2002
Hell Gem

BaseballPCHiker posted:

I pay like $1000 a month in property taxes. gently caress em, dig it up.

Gonna keep enjoying my sparkling butthole.

FCKGW
May 21, 2006

OH poo poo NOT MY PROPERTY TAXES?!?!?!

Unponderable
Feb 16, 2007

Good enough.
Flushable wipes are the most mundane, relatable example of the tragedy of the commons. Wipe flushers are to blame, but poor public policy, aka allowing flushable wipes to be marketed in the first place, is even more to blame.

Inept
Jul 8, 2003

BaseballPCHiker posted:

why do you care about property taxes, don't you live on a houseboat in minnesota

Schmeichy
Apr 22, 2007

2spooky4u

Smellrose

Bibliotechno Music posted:

I can only make it to service once a month now in These Trying Times, I’ve got a list but what am I missing? Going for a bunch of basics, but not sure of what kind of jerky (I love the pork but it’s too sweet, I prefer my jerky as dry as possible)or what kind of microwave/frozen snacks will help the most. Also any arguments for talking my husband into smoked salmon would be helpful; he didn’t believe me when I told him I’d kill a flat of blackberries in an afternoon, so please help him believe in my happiness. Is there any good loaf bread by the bakery?
E: we also need a sweet snack, I will kill or be killed if the only kind of sugar we eat is what I make the next couple months.

Currently living on PB pretzels, send help.

2e: this is the Costco on Clybourn in Chicago; haven’t been there yet this month but will provide an update on supplies and staffing, scout’s honor.

3E, got us baptized at the end of December and the Roni has enforced my good decision ever since.

I like the packs of bread that are shelf stable and can be baked when wanted, they'll last months on the counter and are almost as good as fresh baked bread.

For a healthy snack, I always keep a bag of those streamable individual edamame bags in my freezer, so good. For sweet stuff, there's a lot to choose from? Get the muffins and freeze the ones you're not eating right away?

Moey
Oct 22, 2010

I LIKE TO MOVE IT

Inept posted:

why do you care about property taxes, don't you live on a houseboat in minnesota

Just taking aquadumps every morning.

foonykins
Jun 15, 2010

stop with the small talk

pnumoman posted:

The business center in Bergen county, New Jersey never seemed to run out of the large industrial rolls of TP. By that, I mean the enormous rolls you see in public bathrooms, the ones in those huge plastic holders.

My guess is that no one bought it because it's even thinner and worse than the cheapo 1ply TP and it's such a huge roll that the box kinda looks like a box of commercial use folded paper towels if you don't know what you're looking for.

My girlfriend went there last week (on this thread's very reccomendation!) and they had a sign at the door stating that they do not have stock of ANY toilet paper so it people mightve gotten privvy to it at this point.

But holy gently caress the huge, commercial boxes of eggs, meats, fish, and cheeses made my heart flutter when she got home. PBUC.

binge crotching
Apr 2, 2010

Orvin posted:

I was randomly checking the Costco website yesterday, and the Kirkland baby wipes were in stock, so hopefully they actually show up next week.

Kinda sucks that the Kirkland diapers are sold out online and in stores. Two kids at home in diapers, and we are about to crack open the last boxes for each of my two kids. Hopefully Costco gets stock locally soon, or else we are going to have to find a new brand.

Kirkland diapers are the Huggies Little Snugglers/Little Movers.

Schmeichy posted:

I like the packs of bread that are shelf stable and can be baked when wanted, they'll last months on the counter and are almost as good as fresh baked bread.

For a healthy snack, I always keep a bag of those streamable individual edamame bags in my freezer, so good.

Yeah, I'm a fan of the take and bake bread. It's not the best bread in the world, but it's cheap and tastes good enough.

The frozen edamame is a pro tip, great for snacking on without being excessively unhealthy.

Bibliotechno Music
Dec 30, 2008

Schmeichy posted:

For a healthy snack, I always keep a bag of those streamable individual edamame bags in my freezer, so good. For sweet stuff, there's a lot to choose from? Get the muffins and freeze the ones you're not eating right away?

Thanks! I always get overwhelmed with the snack choices, so I appreciate it.

Church updates (Chicago/Clybourn): 5 minute wait to get in, they’re also limiting how many people can be in the dairy cooler and produce cooler. Seemed reasonably staffed, only saw two instacart shoppers and around 90% of customers were wearing masks. Also saw a guy with 14 bottles of vodka and some vitamins.

FogHelmut
Dec 18, 2003

BaseballPCHiker posted:

Headed to church today. Havent bought gas in close to a month, going to fill up and try and get some eggs and Fage yogurt.

I live in California, its against the law to raise my property taxes.

Cormack
Apr 29, 2009
The sleeper has been awakened, and a new competitor to our dear church appears:

https://boingboing.net/2020/04/13/wholesale-restaurant-supply-ch.html

Chinatown
Sep 11, 2001

by Fluffdaddy
Fun Shoe

Cormack posted:

Costco business center is fairly similar but these guys probably have them beat on food choices.

poverty goat
Feb 15, 2004

Cormack posted:

the meat game at the depot is going to blow your fragile costco minds

poverty goat
Feb 15, 2004

i should go get a brisket

Squashy Nipples
Aug 18, 2007

poverty goat posted:

Yup, and the dairy is stupid cheap. Outside of the that, if you can find the exact same item at Costco and RD, it's always cheaper at Costco.

Trust me on this, I've shopped at both extensively, and I buy certain dairy items for my business, so I watch those prices like a hawk.

pnumoman
Sep 26, 2008

I never get the last word, and it makes me very sad.

poverty goat posted:

Yeah, especially the pasture raised and higher grade stuff.

Squashy Nipples
Aug 18, 2007

I also really like some of the RD store brand products, now there is something that you can't buy at church.

A friend of mine has a pizza shop, and he makes a killing selling the RD store brand french fries.

ArbitraryC
Jan 28, 2009
Pick a number, any number
Pillbug
Looks similar to cash and carry that we got around here. I do go occasionally for funsies but the problem you run into is stuff is either too bulk (huge cans/single packages of stuff that will go bad within a week of opening), or surprisingly overpriced if it's just a box of a regular sized products, like straight up cheaper to buy at almost any standard grocery store (even kind of expensive ones).

Like if you review the food prices that article mentions

~30 cents a pound for flour. Which would translate to 1.50 for a standard home sized 5 pound bag, which is an, okay price? 2 for 3 is a super common sale and I have a couple bags in my pantry right now I got for 1 dollar each.

~3.13/gal for whole milk? That's not even a good deal. Milk does vary a lot from place to place so maybe it's just expensive where the author lives but even not on sale here it's a bit over 2 at most.

~2.50/lb shredded cheap cheese. That's basically normal bottom barrel cheddar/mont jack, easy to find 2 or even 1.50 a pound on that stuff.

~2/lb butter. Probably first good deal I saw in the list. It's not super hard to find butter at that pricepoint or cheaper, but it's less common of a sale I find.

~75 cents/can of evap milk. Pretty average

~43 cents/can la croix, incredibly mediocre. That's over 5 bucks for a 12 pack. Even in a normal grocery store it's pretty easy to get it for 3 or 4.

And this is the "discount" the author gets for spending 150 at once.

Sometimes I think people get bamboozled when they buy in bulk because they think bulk must be cheaper but they never bother to actually calculate or estimate the unit price. Costco does this a lot too but I think the tradeoff is pretty much everything costco sells is the "premium" version/brand of that kind of product.

Squashy Nipples
Aug 18, 2007

ArbitraryC posted:

~43 cents/can la croix, incredibly mediocre. That's over 5 bucks for a 12 pack. Even in a normal grocery store it's pretty easy to get it for 3 or 4.

Soda and candy are two places where Costco absolutely destroys RD on price. To your other point, you can get bigger packs of candy at RD, but it's NEVER cheaper then Costco.

canyoneer
Sep 13, 2005

I only have canyoneyes for you

poverty goat posted:

I just bought a smoker and I want to smoke meat everyday

FCKGW
May 21, 2006

ArbitraryC posted:

Looks similar to cash and carry that we got around here. I do go occasionally for funsies but the problem you run into is stuff is either too bulk (huge cans/single packages of stuff that will go bad within a week of opening), or surprisingly overpriced if it's just a box of a regular sized products, like straight up cheaper to buy at almost any standard grocery store (even kind of expensive ones).

Like if you review the food prices that article mentions

~30 cents a pound for flour. Which would translate to 1.50 for a standard home sized 5 pound bag, which is an, okay price? 2 for 3 is a super common sale and I have a couple bags in my pantry right now I got for 1 dollar each.

~3.13/gal for whole milk? That's not even a good deal. Milk does vary a lot from place to place so maybe it's just expensive where the author lives but even not on sale here it's a bit over 2 at most.

~2.50/lb shredded cheap cheese. That's basically normal bottom barrel cheddar/mont jack, easy to find 2 or even 1.50 a pound on that stuff.

~2/lb butter. Probably first good deal I saw in the list. It's not super hard to find butter at that pricepoint or cheaper, but it's less common of a sale I find.

~75 cents/can of evap milk. Pretty average

And this is the "discount" the author gets for spending 150 at once.

Sometimes I think people get bamboozled when they buy in bulk because they think bulk must be cheaper but they never bother to actually calculate or estimate the unit price. Costco does this a lot too but I think the tradeoff is pretty much everything costco sells is the "premium" version/brand of that kind of product.

This is also in the Oakland/Bay Area which may throw some prices out of whack.

A Pack of Kobolds
Mar 23, 2007

canyoneer posted:

I just bought a smoker and I want to smoke meat everyday

Sounds like you're in the market for a few whole salmon and some alderwood chips.

ShortyMR.CAT
Sep 25, 2008

:blastu::dogcited:
Lipstick Apathy
Thinking bout that bitchin sauce

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

keevo
Jun 16, 2011

:burger:WAKE UP:burger:
The tortellini pasta salad is back!