Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Arzaac
Jan 2, 2020

Personally I think this outcome makes a fair bit of logical sense. Q-Taro pushing the button to save Gin has always been a possible out to this situation, and it's not even out of character for him. He's mostly a scumbag because he's a coward, not because he's actively malicious, and his empathetic moment with Gin there provided the courage he needed to push the button. The antidote is a little bullshitty, but we did know the entire time that there's a medical office on the floor. A fairly advanced one at that, given the anti-hallucination machine.

Additionally, fake Reko freaking out and killing the real Reko was always a very real risk. Rio set up the situation way quicker than it would have happened naturally, but hey, he's a jackass. Also he's breaking the rules of the game by doing this and is punished immediately for it.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Tenebrais
Sep 2, 2011

Considering that "Q-taro can save them both" and "the Rekos will not be permitted to both live" were figured out in the thread before we made the decision, it's hard to say this was an arbitrary outcome. It's certainly a frustrating outcome, as the person you intended to sacrifice survived and the person you intended to save died, but not one that you couldn't see coming.
I suspect the inverse will be true for the other choice. Did Rio actually say that solving the "left" puzzle would turn off the machine? This sort of misdirection is hardly out of character.

Veryslightlymad
Jun 3, 2007

I fight with
my brain
and with an
underlying
hatred of the
Erebonian
Noble Faction
Q-taro didn't necessarily know what was happening up on the platform. If you pushed the doll down, maybe he pushes the button anyhow, and suddenly you need more weight/pushed the doll for no reason and look like a murderer.

Randalor
Sep 4, 2011

I mean, either way Sou would be able to twist the situation to make Sara look like the bad guy.

"Hey, she chose to spare the fake Reku over Gin, and now Reku is dead because of her/She chose to kill Reku without knowing if she was really a doll or not, she could do it to us next".

But yeah, after seeing Q-Taro actually take the hit, I'm willing to believe that he pushes the button and the needed weight changes to spite us or that it'll shoot all the darts at once instead of one at a time. I'm hoping for a different outcome (I'm going to guess "When the doll dies, Reku's head explodes as well" as the reason), but killing Gin in some way seems like the potential outcome, or killing Reku just to keep the narration the same for the next chapter.

wologar
Feb 11, 2014

නෝනාවරුනි
If Sara pushes Reko it is revealed that Keiji ate too many burritos the night before and drops dead.

HydroSphere
Feb 11, 2014

Trading with Q-taro on the third day.

Music stops.

“A... Alright. Let's talk, Sara.”

“Umm... Sara. You got any tokens...?”

“Y... Yes...?”

“...!”

“I'll... I'll give ya 40... Not a bad deal, right...?”

“Q-taro... What's the matter? You're acting really strange.”

“Strange? 'Course not... I'm just a li'l tired, s'all.”

“I mean... Why are you suddenly making such an uneven trade?”

“You'll trade, won'tcha, Sara?”

“Hold on a second...! This is definitely just weird...!”

“Yer imaginin' things... It's just a regular trade.”

“I wouldn't give ya a raw deal... Trust me.”

“But...”

(Q-taro's not acting normal... But... this is a good trade for me...)

“Understood. Let's trade, Q-taro.”

“...Right.”

“...Well, I've got places to go...”

(Well... That's it for discussions.)

(Hmm... I'm still caught up on Q-taro's behaviour... Ever since the laptop incident... Q-taro's clearly been acting strange. I saw him head towards the Long Stairs. Maybe I should go look...)

"Q... Q-taro...?”

"S... Sara. What's up?”

"What are YOU doing, Q-taro?!”

"D... Don't worry. You got a bad habit of that.”

"Please... stop what you're doing! What in the world... is that vending machine?!”

"Don't get in the way, Sara.... I collected 200 tokens!”

"...200 tokens...?”

I can see the number 200 written in blue above the machine. Just like at the Prize Exchange.

"...Don't tell me...”

"Is it... the escape ticket...?!”

"Ghh...!!”

"Are you planning to escape alone...?!”

"N-No...! That's wrong, Sara!”

"I'm... gonna investigate the escape route.. So we can all lead a revolution together!”

"So all of us can escape!!”

"...!”

"You value the spirit of fair play, Q-taro. If that were really your intent... You would have told me before our trade!! But you didn't say anything...! Because... You wanted to escape alone!!”

"I ain't done anything unfair!!”

“I'm jus' usin' a right I earned fair and square... so I can go outside first!”

"An' I'm gonna call for help! It's a hell of a lot more realistic than rebelling against who knows how many kidnappers!”

"I ain't gonna trouble ya...! Please, lemme go, Sara...!!”

"Gin is doing his best...! A kid, much younger than you, Q-taro...!”

"...!!”

"And Kanna... is in middle school...!! Even so, she's desperately holding on!!”

"...”

"You're not the only one suffering, Q-taro...!!”

"...The kids...”

"...They're waitin' for me...”

"...?!”

"I ain't never stood on the mound as a first-stringer...”

"...I...”

"Q-taro!!”

Q-taro's fingers touch the last token.

Music stops.

"W-What is it now?!”

"Yer not gonna say you didn't expect us to really get 200, so we can't actually escape...?!”

"Dumbass. Of course you can really escape.”

"It's real-deal freedom. You'll be free from the threat of death.”

Solitary victory...?

"What... does that mean...?!”

"I... I didn't hear nothin' about this!!”

"Ahaha... Sooorry, plum forgot about it!”

"You think that'll cut it, dammit?!”

"I... I already used all those tokens! How dare you do this?!”

"Yeah, guess it's not very fair, huh?”

"Gotcha! I'll pay 'em back just for you! All the tokens you used!”

"...!!”

"...”

"Stop now and I'll give the tokens back, okay?”

"...”

"Nooooo... don't tell me! You gonna sacrifice them just to save yourseeelf? Whaaaaat! How scaryyy!”

"We're allies, right?! Q-taro... you couldn't do such a thing...!”

"...”

"W... What about Kai's dying wish?! Gin and Kanna... have parents waiting for them!”

"...”

Music stops.

"Stop!! No!! Q-taro!!”

Q-taro inserts the last token.

Ah...

An inorganic, mechanical sound. A very long, endlessly continuing sound. Mixed in with it is the faint sound of a door opening.

Using Safalin's machine more than twice.

Talk to Safalin after using her machine once.[/list]

“A-A second time...? That is dangerous. I wouldn't recommend it.”

Music stops.

“...Please, Safalin. Just one more time.”

“Miss Sara...”

“Understood. Let us trust that your mind is strong enough to endure it.”

“Well then, here we go.”

“Pant... pant... pant...!!”

“A-Are you all right?”

“Ahaha! I've never felt better, Safalin!”

“Thank you, Safalin!”

Talk to Safalin again.

“N-No! A third time is too dangerous!!”

“Please, Safalin! I'm sure... just one more will be fine for me!”

No, I can't do any more...!

Music stops.

“Please, Safalin! I'm begging you!”

“You're begging me...?”

“...Miss Sara.”

“Well then, here we go.”

“Safalin, one more... one more time...”

”*giggle*... That's no good, Miss Sara...”

Blaze Dragon
Aug 28, 2013
LOWTAX'S SPINE FUND

Okay, that second bad end is extremely creepy.

Hazdoc
Nov 8, 2012

Muscovy Ducks are a large tropical breed, famous for their lean and extremely flavorful meat.

Hazduck!

~SMcD
Oh... oh dear.

tomanton
May 22, 2006

beam me up, tomato
Wow, Sara could have just been brain broken and not like... whatever the hell that was, I guess future Safalin choices will be easier now that we have metagame knowledge that she's a weird sex predator or whatever.

I could make my own :words: about the state of the game but that hate-on for THG I am obsessed with from earlier is relevant again:

tomanton posted:

some dude who really hates thg posted:

From the very beginning of the Game it was immediately true that everyone but one got killed. From the very beginning, before anyone dies, you are guilty of everyone's death. This is a closed system. Whether she shoots them down herself or waits for the psychopath in the group to do it for her, it's the same.

It looks like Katniss is free to make personal decisions, but no matter what her free brain decides, everyone around her dies as planned, huh, that's odd. The only "free" choice, the only way to beat the Game, is not to play. If you really wanted to be a moral agent in such a terrible environment, you'd have to convince the other tributes to all agree not to fight each other, knowing full well that the soldiers will therefore come-- that is the point of the maneuver, to expose the evil of the system instead of allowing them their deniability, "oh, we don't kill anyone, the kids kill each other!" You have to sit there and Prisoner's Dilemna the hell out of this and hope none of the other tributes breaks ranks and opens fire. It is the only anti-system choice short of revolution.

The response that this maneuver puts the individual Districts in danger, too, is, unfortunately, part of the deal. The genius of the system is that it never puts everyone at risk, it presents them with a lie: only these Tributes are at risk. If the Districts themselves don't want blowback, "we don't want trouble", if they "want" to maintain the status quo, they have to send people to participate. You don't send a Theseus, you send a Katniss, which they did, hence another round of Hunger Games. She'll look heroic, she'll perform badassly, and nothing will change, which it didn't, which is why even though she won the first movie there was a second movie.
The first bolding is the Q-Taro escape, which while horrible is no worse than the game running its course to a similar result. The second bolding predicted the consequences of not pushing the fake, to the letter, exposing Rio as too evil for even his creator.

I left out the third paragraph the last time I fawned over this but now I can't help but wonder if the parallels continue. Districts = families? We know the Satou and Chidouin clans are neck-deep in whatever this is, the organization knew exactly which screwballs they were sending because they've been following them for years, and thanks to Keiji we know this isn't the first death game. :munch:

Toalpaz
Mar 20, 2012

Peace through overwhelming determination
what a happy ending for sara uwu

LawrenceFriday
Nov 2, 2009

I am an elemental spirit summoned up from the Land of the Dead itself and given one purpose, one skill, one desire: To DRIVE. Or, to change oil or adjust timing belts if no driving jobs are open.
e: Removed content that will be in the LP!

Since we're in between chapters, BONUS CONTENT:

(If HydroSphere wants me to delete this, I will.)

Meet Kugie Kizuchi. She is indeed Kanna's older sister. Nankidai does a subscription livestream, Kimiware, with another creator in which they discuss unused idea's for YTTD. Originally, Kugie was going to be the sister who survived the trial (but she was still named Kanna).

Here she is meeting the full cast when Sara and Joe reach the first floor.

Kimiware also revealed that Alice was originally going to female and antagonistic.

Nankidai decided against it because he felt Sou filled that role better.

LawrenceFriday fucked around with this message at 20:59 on Apr 14, 2020

HydroSphere
Feb 11, 2014

Thanks! :)

On "Beta-Alice"; she can still be seen on the save screen - - in between Gin and Keiji.

HydroSphere fucked around with this message at 21:01 on Apr 14, 2020

girl dick energy
Sep 30, 2009

You think you have the wherewithal to figure out my puzzle vagina?

LawrenceFriday posted:

Kimiware also revealed that Alice was originally going to female and antagonistic.

Nankidai decided against it because he felt Sou filled that role better.
That’s an interesting prison uniform. ... wonder if I could make it work.

Randalor
Sep 4, 2011

Yeaaaaah... I'm happy they went with Sou being antagonistic and Alice just having a shady past but isn't straight-up evil like the beta Alice looks.

Goon Boots
Feb 2, 2020

Oh yeah, I keep forgetting to ask. Does anyone remember if a reason was given for why Alice was in that locker? I think I remember him saying he was scared of Sara's gunshots, and so he hid in the locker, but how does that square with the locker needing a whole puzzle to open?

LawrenceFriday
Nov 2, 2009

I am an elemental spirit summoned up from the Land of the Dead itself and given one purpose, one skill, one desire: To DRIVE. Or, to change oil or adjust timing belts if no driving jobs are open.
No reason that I remember?

More BONUS CONTENT

Nankidai published a bunch of 4-koma comics through his Kimiware co-host's Twitter. I've only got translations for two of them, and one is a bit NSFW. Here's the other one:

Miley: With majority vote, kill one amongst you.

Everyone *hands raised*: No thanks.
Miley: Kukuku... It's a majority, huh.
Miley: Then...

Miley: GO HOME!!

Where No One Dies
"Your Turn to Die"
~Happy End~

Jefepato
Mar 11, 2009

This?! This is a glorious dance! That has been passed down! In my family for generations!
The part I find odd is...why does Safalin try so hard to convince Sara not to keep using the machine, if she's so happy to have Sara become her hopeless machine addict minion?

I guess maybe the Floor Masters are required to warn the "players" about certain types of danger? We definitely don't know all of the rules they're following yet, aside from "can't outright lie about important stuff" and possibly "can only kill the 'players' under certain circumstances" (Miley would almost certainly have killed Kai and Q-taro for mishandling her if she could have).

Regallion
Nov 11, 2012

Jefepato posted:

why does Safalin try so hard to convince Sara not to keep using the machine

Going by the guy's introduction in the end, we are having a despair/malice/negative emotions thing going on here and becoming addicted to a mind-wiper is not how you generate those.

HydroSphere
Feb 11, 2014

Personal information.

• We can buy the personal information for Gin, Nao, Q-taro and Reko. In a single playthrough, you can only buy the information for two (Nao or Reko and Gin or Q-taro) due to overlaps in token negotiations. To get 50 tokens for Q-taro, you have to trade with him on the third day; the bad end can be avoided by not going to the Long Stairs.

“Well, then, here is your prize. Use this start up in the Monitor Room to view the personal information.”

• It's the same process for buying Gin, Q-taro and Reko's information. Nao's is slightly different.

“Well, then, here is your prize. Hm... These are in the form of documents. Read them whenever you wish.”

• Sara must have just kicked Keiji out or something.

Talk to Gin.

“Mwaawn…? Woof! Why’d you wake me up, big sis Sara?”

(This is… an AI of Gin…)

“Sorry. Can we talk for a bit, Gin?”

“Of course, meow! Woohoo!!”

(Heehee, he’s so cheerful…)

“...History? What should I talk about, woof?”

“Hm… Just an introduction would make me happy.”

“Gin Ibushi from Heiwa Elementary Class 6-3! I’m 12 years old, meow! I take care of the animals, meow!!”

“Is school fun for you?”

Hmm… It’s not that fun ‘cause of some guys I don’t like, meow. But it’s fun to meet friends, woof! We play games together, meooow!”

“Do you wear that outfit to school, too?”

“Nah, because people get mad. It’s only when I’m at home, woof! ...It’s kinda easier to talk when I wear this, meow. But I can’t wear it to school, so I get uneasy, woof. So people at school tell me I’m obedient, woof! But that’s wrong… meow…”

(Maybe… he’s not good at communicating unless he’s wearing those clothes.)

“My aspirations are to live with animals all the time, meow!”

“Heehee… What kinds of animals?”

“I’m way into gators right now, meow! They’re cute, wooooof!”

(H-Huh… Maybe because he’s a boy…)

“I’m 138 centimeters and 35.5 kilograms, meow! That’s 4 foot 6 inches and 78 pounds, woof! And I grew 2 centimeters at my last checkup, meow!”

“Your growth spurt and voice change must be coming up soon.”

“Obviously, meow! I’m gonna be bigger than you, big sis Sara!”

“Ahaha, I’m sure you’ll look really cool. I’ve got high hopes for you.”

“Yeah! I’ll sweep you off your feet, meow! Be grateful, woof!”

“Okay, let’s make it a promise.”

“Got it, meow! A promise for when I outgrow you, woof!”

(A promise for the future… Gin and I both have a future. We definitely… can’t die.)

“My family’s a double-income household, meow! I don’t have siblings, so… It’s lonely when I’m there by myself, meow… My mom’s super nice even when she’s exhausted, woof. No matter how late she gets home, she always makes dinner… And no matter how much I tell her not to overwork herself…”

“Do you like your mom?”

“I love her, meow! I’m worried how she’s even busier lately, woof…”

“What about your dad?”

“I don’t like some things… but I like him, meow. But I super hate when he’s a drunkard who causes trouble, meow! It’s embarrassing, woof! And he’s always getting yelled at by mom and apologizing, so it’s like he’s got no dignity, woof. I don’t wanna be that kind of pathetic grown-up, meooow!”

(Huh… So it’s a decent enough family…)

“...But I’m sure I won’t, meow. ‘Cause I’m not blood-related to dad, woof.”

"Huh…?"

“I heard he married Mom when I was 2, meow! So that genetics stuff won’t make me turn out like him, woof!”

“Is that so…?”

“Well, it’s not like I hate dad, woof. It’s true, meow!”

I dunno, meow… It’s scary, woof… What’s dying feel like, meow…?”

“I… don’t know either.”

“I don’t wanna never meet mom and dad again, meow… Big sis Sara… are you scared too, meow?”

...Yeah, I am... Really scared…”

I’ll definitely protect you, meow! Come see me anytime, woof!”

“Heehee… Thanks…”

“What I hold dear…? That’s hard, meowww. Hmm… It’s gotta be mom and dad, meow! I’d be sad if they went away, woof! Ah! And the Mew-chan cushion I’m always with! They’re super precious to me, meow! We’re always together, so I forgot, meow! Sorry, Mew-chaaan! Woof...”

“Mew-chan is family to you too, huh?”

“That’s right, meow! I got seriously mad when dad was gonna throw them away, meow! Unforgivable, woof! Get me a new one?! No way, meow!! You’re a dummy, woof! I’m getting furious just remembering, woof! Mom should yell at him again, meowww!”

Talk to Q-taro.

“Hm? Now where's this?”

(This is... an AI of Q-taro...)

“Um, Q-taro, could we talk?”

“Yeah, 'sokay with me. If yer fine with an AI, we can have a chat.”

“Thank you very much.”

“Quit it with the formality! Let's talk all casual-like!”

“I was raised up in an orphanage that’s just a mite bit weird. Had people from all sortsa countries. I got a lotta dialects and stuff mixed in me… 'Course, they sent me to compulsory education up 'til high school. Can’t thank the place enough. An’ now, I’m a pro baseball player.... Kiddos at the orphanage root for me, too. I wanna hurry up and show 'em… That even guys in situations like ours can get on a mound and have the stadium roarin'...”

(So he has an affection for the orphanage...)

“Well, point is, I got no history yet. I’m about to be makin’ some radiant records! Better get yer autographs early, Sara!”

(I'll ask the real Q-taro for one sometime...)

“6 foot 4 inches! 230 pounds! And lemme tell ya, it’s all muscle, not fat!”

“W-Wow...”

“My position’s pitcher, but I got confidence in my batting, base-running, and fielding!”

(Not really familiar, but he sounds strong...!)

“But my greatest weapon’s my head. Gotta be smart to be a first-class athlete.”

“Is that how it is?”

“'Course, I’m reflecting on the time I tore apart those puzzle rings by force, but…”

(Whatever he's doing, his physical abilities tower above the rest...)

“..........”

“Is it hard to discuss?”

“Nah… there’s just nothing to discuss. 'Cause I’ve never seen my birth parents’ faces. Only place I knew was the orphanage. That’s why… the people there were my moms and dads. Doesn’t matter our blood relation. But, well… I do get thinkin’ sometimes. What kinda people was I born to, and what kinda genetics do I got…? I started baseball jus’ for fun, but… I’ve thought how if I pitch as a first-string pro… maybe my birth parents’ll be watchin’.”

“…Do you want to meet them?”

“If we could talk and laugh it up, that’d be the best. All at ease, like “I’m havin’ a great life”…”

(Q-taro...)

“Huh, you’re doin’ this Death Game, right…? Knowin’ me, I doubt I got even the slightest notion of dyin’. Hell, to a second-stringer, baseball’s a Death Game with my life as a player on the line!”

(Don't joke about it like that...)

“But to do some self-analysis… I wonder if maybe I’ll try an’ win within the rules of the game… In the saga of a sports player, ya tend to forget about breakin’ the rules. Maybe somebody like you, young and not knowin’ fear, is more suited to findin’ a path to survival.”

“…Is that so…”

“…Sorry to make it sound like it ain’t my business. I mean look, I’m an AI, y'know?”

“Hold dear, huh… The caretakers at the orphanage, the kiddos… Of course, baseball, and… Myself… probably. I ain’t gonna sugarcoat it. I don’t wanna die, and I don’t want the people I like to die. So I don’t like to kick people… But if I gotta, I got the resolve. But I hate the kinda rear end in a top hat who’s got that as their first thought!

“…Sorry for gettin’ all fired up. Shouldn’t have said that all cocky-like when you’re involved in it… Don’t you mind me.”

“...No, it's okay.”

Talk to Reko.

“Hm...? Yo, Sara. What's up?”

(This is... an AI of Reko...)

“Huh...? Something weird. Right, I'm an AI, aren't I...”

“...Is it okay if I ask you things?”

“Hell yeah, ask away.”

“Err… I'mma super cool, 23-year-old singer-songwriter… Something like that? I’ve liked music since I was a kid. Classical, folk, heavy metal… I listened to all of it. Think around grade school, I found myself starting to compose and write lyrics. My instincts moved my body. That was a fun time… People praised me, and my parents were just plain happy… Once they started calling me a gifted kid… Then there started being more noise. Old bastards in the music industry wanting money… My pops craving the limelight… Before I knew it, I was making music that my heart wasn’t in.”

“In middle school, I rebelled. I was a rocker! I made tons of songs nobody even wanted! But even then, noise swarmed around me. Man, even my spirit had to give in. From high school on, all the spice was gone… Didn’t even have anger… My activity dried up. I had tons of chances to be famous. But I smashed 'em all. I was totally just the industry’s problem child. Everybody kept their distance from me. Once I couldn’t even gather members, I borrowed Alice to make a band… Hahaha. Then two and a half years ago… He caused that incident… Well, at any rate, I am who I am now 'cause of that lovely past. Learn something from that, Sara?”

“5 foot 7, 121 pounds. Pretty proud of my reflexes! And I can remember choreography in a snap, so… My memory’s bangin’! Well… I’m not great at baseball and stuff… Hell, maybe I’m not great at anything that’s got nothing to do with music.”

“By the way, what are your measurements?”

“N-No reason to tell you that, right...?”

(So she won't answer just anything... Even her AI can be kind of troublesome.)

“Family… Well, uh… I like my mom. Though she’s a little weird. She’s affectionate… and I cause her lots of trouble. Yeah, I gotta show my appreciation more. My old man… Well, he’s a good guy… But let’s say he gives in to temptation. He’s not the most true to his convictions. I hated him for the longest time… But he’s woken up now, and gone back to his plain and simple personality.

“After them is… Alice, huh. He’s… what should I say? Why’d he do something like that…? A while after he got arrested… I left music. Ahh… I just remembered. At the time, I wrote in my diary, which is rare… I wrote that music, the thing I’d poured my soul into all this time… suddenly felt like a cold series of notes… this inorganic thing. I wondered, was this how music sounded to people who didn’t care about it…? I always thought I didn’t care about my brother, and never listened to him, but… Truth is… Maybe I was a little jealous of my normal brother. And acted that way out of spite... You shouldn’t ever murder somebody…”

Why do I gotta go through this poo poo…? Do we have anything in common…? I haven’t got a clue…”

(Something in common...? I wonder if there is...)

“Believe it or not… I think family’s important, right? I wanna show appreciation to my parents. But like, right now… The original me is being put through this Death Game, yeah? If she dies, she can’t do… anything. So when you think of it like that, what’s important’s my own life, ain’t it?”

“…What about your instruments?”

“Instruments…?”

“When I first met Reko… I heard she treasured her bongos.”

“Bongos…? Well, sure. I’m playing bongos in my new band, but…”

(Bongos don't seem to be ringing a bell for this AI Reko...)

Read Nao's documents.

(There's a lot written here... What should I read?)

Egasaki Elementary School … Graduated.

Egasaki Middle School … Graduated

Third Kurotsuki Private High School … Graduated.

Takesasa Private College of Art … Currently 1st year.

Middle-class, born and raised by a very ordinary family. School grades below average. Focused on art starting in high school, and now seems interested in pursuing only that. Looks up to an art club advisor she met in high school, staying deeply intimate with him even post-graduation. Often seen going to the man’s atelier.

(That must be Professor Mishima...)

Doesn’t appear to have many friends, but has a long association with most she does have, so it’s suspected she values relationships. Also, refrains from going out at night, generally staying at home even on days off. No information known on what men she associates with.

(Seems that's it.)

Nao Egokoro,
Height: 162cm (5'4") Weight: 55kg (121lb)
Has little experience in sports and the like, limited to P.E. classes in compulsory education. Even so, her reflexes are poor. Perhaps due to her inclination toward art, she has very good eyesight. Her ability to remember a scene for a long time or recognize the individual flaps of a bird’s wings is within reason, yet superb. Since much of this comes from practice, about the only thing that can be called a born talent, it is thought, is her passionate love for art. No other notable characteristics, although she has a large bust.

(That's just flat-out sexual harassment...)

Tore out the last line and threw it away.

(Seems that's it.)

Born to a middle-class, extremely average family. Both parents are in good health. Having good relations with them, her situation is common yet happy. The father has been an office worker for 20 years. The mother has carried various jobs. No siblings. The father is under his wife’s thumb. When they fight, it appears Nao Egokoro often defends her father to resolve the conflict.

(They observed this much...?)

Safely cleared the First Trial. Survived the first Main Game. Greatly affected mentally by death of her teacher. Took off with teacher’s head and ran amok. This could be taken as mental weakness, but endurance of great shock could make her that much more mentally sturdy going forward.

(Nao isn't weak at all...)

Most likely, Nao Egokoro treasures the artworks she has created, and brushes et al. received from her high school teacher. Due to minimal desire for money, she does not seem the type to want expensive things.

(That's all it says...)

Human Reko discussing the bongos.

Music stops.

“Alright. I'll pour you some coffee.”

“Thanks a lot.”

“So... How you feeling, Sara?”

“I have to admit... I'm exhausted.”

“No doubt... 'Course you would be.”

“We can't get rest, for our minds or our bodies.”

“..........”

“Yo, Sara. You like singing?”

“Now then, please listen. This song is called...”

“Hold up! What's the matter, Sara?!”

“You're gonna sing?! Alright, we'll sing together!”

Suddenly giving ourselves to the flow, we sang a song together.

“Yes...!”

“I've loved singing since I was a kid.”

“I got a lot of attention. Called me a gifted student in grade school.”

“So you were pretty amazing even then.”

“But it wasn't all sunshine and rainbows...”

“I had a pretty long delinquent period, too...”

“Until I settled with my current one... I smashed through all kinds of bands.”

“..I made trouble for Alice, too.”

“Alice...? Reko... Do you know about Alice's case in detail?”

“Nah... barely know anything.”

“Honestly... It was a shock...”

“Reko...”

“I changed since then, too... I took a good look at myself.”

“And I realized all over again. That yeah, I loved music.”

“A lot must have happened.”

“Yep.”

“That's why... my band now is precious.”

“A treasure, I bet?”

“Bongos... Come to think of it, you mentioned that when you introduced yourself."

“Huh...? Yeah.”

“Do you have an attachment to them?”

“They're just regular bongos you could find anywhere. ...But.”

“..........”

“Well, anyway! Enough about me! Tell me about yourself, Sara.”

“Huh? O-Okay.”

I continued having an enjoyable chat with Reko. I felt like I came to know her a little more deeply.

Music stops.

But whether that was a good thing... I don't know.

“That was a blast, Sara. See ya.”

Mystic Mongol
Jan 5, 2007

Your life's been thrown in disarray already--I wouldn't want you to feel pressured.

College Slice

HydroSphere posted:

=

Nao Egokoro,
Height: 162cm (5'4") Weight: 55kg (121lb)
Has little experience in sports and the like, limited to P.E. classes in compulsory education. Even so, her reflexes are poor. Perhaps due to her inclination toward art, she has very good eyesight. Her ability to remember a scene for a long time or recognize the individual flaps of a bird’s wings is within reason, yet superb. Since much of this comes from practice, about the only thing that can be called a born talent, it is thought, is her passionate love for art. No other notable characteristics, although she has a large bust.

(That's just flat-out sexual harassment...)

Tore out the last line and threw it away.

(Seems that's it.)

Born to a middle-class, extremely average family. Both parents are in good health. Having good relations with them, her situation is common yet happy. The father has been an office worker for 20 years. The mother has carried various jobs. No siblings. The father is under his wife’s thumb. When they fight, it appears Nao Egokoro often defends her father to resolve the conflict.

This is the first thing I've seen that makes me think they might not all be robots.

girl dick energy
Sep 30, 2009

You think you have the wherewithal to figure out my puzzle vagina?
I appreciate the potential foreshadowing/puzzle hint if you saw Gin's info, then you'd know the 35.5 kg thing without needing to guess.

Falconer
Dec 7, 2003

Did you know, I was THE MOON once!

Yes! You see, one night it turned out the moon had been STOLEN!

The animal people asked ME to take its place as I am so WISE and BRILLIANT!!

PMush Perfect posted:

I appreciate the potential foreshadowing/puzzle hint if you saw Gin's info, then you'd know the 35.5 kg thing without needing to guess.

Also worth noting is that Reko weighs more than Gin so, assuming that Faeko weighs about the same as Reko, shoving Faeko wouldn't balance the scales when she lands on the spikes. Did Ranger mention what happens if the amount on the LED is overshot?

HerpicleOmnicron5
May 31, 2013

How did this smug dummkopf ever make general?

Falconer posted:

Also worth noting is that Reko weighs more than Gin so, assuming that Faeko weighs about the same as Reko, shoving Faeko wouldn't balance the scales when she lands on the spikes. Did Ranger mention what happens if the amount on the LED is overshot?

They're big into tricking or distracting rather than setting up impossible games like, exactly match the weight of somebody with no means of removing weight from the scale. They'dve totally thrown in a few props if Q-Taro was the loser, to keep it at a one "death" requirement, weight wise.

NeoRonTheNeuron
Oct 14, 2012
A lot of people think that someone else needs to be killed off in each path to balance numbers for the Main Game. That makes sense, but it has a strange implication.

The choice we made subverted expectations and ended up offing Reko.
So the choice we didn't make will probably also subvert expectations.

Example Outcomes:
- BAD END: "pretty proud of my reflexes" -> Fake Reko dodges and pushes Sara in.
- "pretty proud of my reflexes" -> Fake Reko dodges, and pushes Nao in.
- Fake Reko gets pushed, Gin is immediately injected with all the remaining poison doses.
- Same but Q-Taro swaps before that happens.

Ignatius M. Meen
May 26, 2011

Hello yes I heard there was a lovely trainwreck here and...

If there's a swerve based on the spike trap weight, it's probably to force the target to switch positions... without taking away Q-Taro's ability to press his button to do the same thing. Which he then does immediately, thereby killing Gin.

tomanton
May 22, 2006

beam me up, tomato
I bet it kills Q-Taro for some reason solely because IIRC his body position was different in the chapter teaser. Metagaming so what :colbert:

Tenebrais
Sep 2, 2011

Interesting that the four backgrounds we get to see are the four characters that could conceivably die in this scales scenario.

I wonder what to read into the fact that we don't get to see Nao's AI. If we're metagaming, I'd say that means she must survive this chapter, so they can use whatever twist that's about later (since it probably won't come up during the Main Game).

CountryMatters
Apr 8, 2009

IT KEEPS HAPPENING
There's a lot of unknown parentage in the bios we've encountered so far. Possibly a clue that there may be more secret family links to organised crime?

Onmi
Jul 12, 2013

If someone says it one more time I'm having Florina show up as a corpse. I'm not even kidding, I was pissed off with people doing that shit back in 2010, and I'm not dealing with it now in 2016.
The fact that Nao doesn't have an AI makes me wonder if she's meant to be in the game to begin with. Like why would her personal info be a dossier and not like the others?

Elfface
Nov 14, 2010

Da-na-na-na-na-na-na
IRON JONAH
They told the collections agent 'Alright, we're ready to start, grab the big redhead' and he kidnapped the girl he was stalking instead of Q-taro.

Randalor
Sep 4, 2011

Elfface posted:

They told the collections agent 'Alright, we're ready to start, grab the big redhead' and he kidnapped the girl he was stalking instead of Q-taro.

Or else she was visiting with the professor when he was nabbed and the kidnapper decided that there was no harm in having a second body to throw into the games. Her information sounds more like a quick summary of her than the more in-depth AIs, so maybe she was on the long-list of "players", got cut from the list, and was just in the wrong place at the wrong time.

sleeptalker
Feb 17, 2011

It's tempting to think the unknown smashed screen might have been Nao's, and that's why her info was just a document. However, with only 8 screens aside from Mishima's, there had to be at least one living player left out, so that's another possible reason her info wasn't presented as an AI.

Eeepies
May 29, 2013

Bocchi-chan's... dead.
We'll have to find a new guitarist.

sleeptalker posted:

It's tempting to think the unknown smashed screen might have been Nao's, and that's why her info was just a document. However, with only 8 screens aside from Mishima's, there had to be at least one living player left out, so that's another possible reason her info wasn't presented as an AI.

I feel like that's most likely Kai, since his AI being alive would have shed a lot of info about the game.

Goon Boots
Feb 2, 2020

If Nao wasn't intended to be in the game, wouldn't that make the number of participants victims odd?

Tenebrais
Sep 2, 2011

Goon Boots posted:

If Nao wasn't intended to be in the game, wouldn't that make the number of participants victims odd?

Could have been the same situation for Joe - he was only really there because Kai got Sara worried.

CountryMatters
Apr 8, 2009

IT KEEPS HAPPENING
Don't know if I missed something but is there a reason there would have to be an even number of participants?

HydroSphere
Feb 11, 2014

Victim videos.

• You can split the cost for the general prizes across different tokens.

(I should find a time when no one's looking...)

Investigate the monitor.

(Victim Video 1... Let's play it back.)

“10 seconds until the end of the First Trial.”

“Who?! Why are you doing this to me?!”

“I've had it with this!! This trial stuff... I don't get it!!”

“Mom!! Dad!! Somebodyyy!! Help... meee...!!”

“The device will activate shortly. In commemoration, you may say some final words.”

Music stops.

(Awful...)

A middle school, maybe high school student... A girl about my age was mercilessly killed.

(And... they're making a show of it...!)

(I don't even know this girl's name, but... I want to avenge you...)

(Victim Video 2... Let's play it back.)

Music stops.

(Ugggh...!)

I can't look directly at it. The walls slowly move in, and in the end, the man....

(I'm betting... this was the First Trial. If he'd survived, we likely would have met him... Would he have assisted us...? Would he antagonise us...? I don't know... )

(I can't forget about this person...)

(Victim Video 3... Let's play it back.)

Music stops.

”A boring human... a worthless life... I don't need your drat clothes.”

Music stops.

”...Ehh?”

”...Eheehee. Sure did. You mortified? Regretful?”

“...........”

“...Huh? Huhhh? Hwahhh?”

“This is pissing me off!! I'm pissed off!!”

(How can he...?!)

Again and again, he torments the life already lost.

(Why... would Ranger hate someone so much? Even though he toys with people's lives...? It doesn't make sense! )

Even I don't know why I thought that. But something intuitively struck me. I sensed... a kind of jealously from Ranger.

Tenebrais
Sep 2, 2011

Man, why would you even want to buy the victim videos, in-character? I wonder if these three got paired up with anyone, or if they had some sort of solo task. None of them were interacting with another person.

Looking at the list of participants, the characters who died in the first trial are:
Naomichi Kurumada - Boxer
Shunsuke Hayanaka - Office Worker
Anzu Kinashi - High-school student
Mai Tsurugi - Baker
Ranmaru Kageyama - High-school student
Megumi Sasahara - Detective
Hinako Mishumu - Middle school student
Shin Tsukimi - Self-employed
Kugie Kizuchi - High-school student

Shin is probably the real name of one of the surviving characters, Kugie is Kanna's sister and Megumi is probably Keiji's partner?

If the girl in the first video was indeed a middle-schooler that would make her Hinako, and judging by the build of the guy in the second video he might be the boxer. I don't know enough about Japanese names to guess what their various genders might be, though.
Obviously we have no real clue about the third girl's identity, besides her being suicidal and... wearing socks, I suppose. Or tights.

Robindaybird
Aug 21, 2007

Neat. Sweet. Petite.

Mai and Anzu are feminine names, Shunsuke, Ranmaru and Naomichi are masculine.

So I'm guessing the suicidal girl might be Anzu. As Tenebrais I think got the rest correctly named.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

tomanton
May 22, 2006

beam me up, tomato
I assumed Receptionist Dad's button there said 'pa' for the obvious joke, instead it says 'po' apparently. Fluent goons what is the meaning of this, hello???