Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Mercedes Colomar
Nov 1, 2008

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS
You'll get there buddy! I'm at Expert up to about 4 star difficulty, and I can usually at least 4 star a song there. When I'm sober. On guitar, bass, or vocals. Practice is all you can do!

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Pleads
Jun 9, 2005

pew pew pew

I'm Legeidus and have had some life changes what means I can't bang the skins very much, very often. Feel free to give me the boot and I'll start a new round of "who can we kick" if I'm able to come back in the future :)

King Burgundy
Sep 17, 2003

I am the Burgundy King,
I can do anything!

Stan Taylor posted:

Logged on to accept the invite last night. I still don’t know how the crew stuff works really but I hope I don’t drag you guys down a rank or two! I mostly play guitar but I’m practicing on the drums more. I can fc easy songs on guitar and generally not fail out on most of the rest. It’s feels a little pointless sometimes seeing the guys who can just do every song flawlessly but oh well.

You can only add to our scores, not subtract, so it is no biggie. We just hit Bloodstone, so we don't actually have to do anything for the rest of the season, but normally it is just getting on and playing some of the challenge songs for the week to add to our XP. The more people we have doing that when it matters, the less likely it is that Zedd will have to play 150 songs in a week. :)

kumba
Nov 8, 2003

I posted my food for USPOL Thanksgiving!

enjoy the ride

Lipstick Apathy
:getin:

REALLY wish I didn't tear the ligaments in my big toe on Friday, gonna struggle to drum but gently caress it. at least it's my left foot

(those are not the songs at the top of my list, but hey! more BTBAM! and some periphery! woo!)

Orange Harrison
Feb 24, 2010

All through the day, I me mine
Me to Best Friend when he joins my lobbies: Wow! You drum really well, and you're the drummer for the #1 crew now! What's your hardware?
Best friend: I use an eKit.
Me: Oooh, so you got yourself a MIDI adapter?
Best friend: Yep, I'm sitting on four of them.
Me: Way to ruin the hobby for everyone else, satan!

The Rabbi T. White
Jul 17, 2008

Orange Harrison posted:

Me to Best Friend when he joins my lobbies: Wow! You drum really well, and you're the drummer for the #1 crew now! What's your hardware?

Nah I got 3. It was obvious they were only going to be limited run and it’s the only option until someone makes a really decent Xbox 360 emulator. Or a similar bit of software that runs the files on the PC.

E: Nah as in “he’s doing the right thing”

Kaboobi
Jan 5, 2005

SHAKE IT BABY!
SALT THAT LADY!

I bought one from each of the three batches. Had to sell one to pay for some wedding expenses a couple months ago though. Sitting on the one I use regularly and a spare.

Pleads
Jun 9, 2005

pew pew pew

I bet you all have a garage full of toilet paper and hand sanitizer right now, too, you monsters.

Stan Taylor
Oct 13, 2013

Touched Fuzzy, Got Dizzy
lol if I could get a decent deal on one of those I’d definitely shell out for an ekit. I had to drop $90 just for the legacy wireless adapter. :retrogames:

The Rabbi T. White
Jul 17, 2008

Pleads posted:

I bet you all have a garage full of toilet paper and hand sanitizer right now, too, you monsters.

Nah gently caress that. Playing drums is far more important than having a clean rear end.

Sywert of Thieves
Nov 7, 2005

The pirate code is really more of a guideline, than actual rules.

I have two legacy adapters for the xb1, but only because my wife gifted me one for my birthday after I already ordered one.

GoutPatrol
Oct 17, 2009

*Stupid Babby*

New season has begun, I'm going to try and get the "5-star all RB4 songs on expert" trophy this week.

GoutPatrol
Oct 17, 2009

*Stupid Babby*

GoutPatrol posted:

New season has begun, I'm going to try and get the "5-star all RB4 songs on expert" trophy this week.

Update: what you did in quickplay and what you did in career mode are separate in the game but you can't tell what you did only in quickplay or career, so you need to just go down the list until the trophy pops

If this somehow doesn't include songs accessed through the rivals screen I'm going to die

Stan Taylor
Oct 13, 2013

Touched Fuzzy, Got Dizzy
I joined the official discord server to get some help when I was sourcing instruments and stuff, and there are dudes in there absolutely melting down about their scores not being tracked properly this week. Like there isn’t a pandemic going on.

Kaboobi
Jan 5, 2005

SHAKE IT BABY!
SALT THAT LADY!

Stan Taylor posted:

I joined the official discord server to get some help when I was sourcing instruments and stuff, and there are dudes in there absolutely melting down about their scores not being tracked properly this week. Like there isn’t a pandemic going on.

but what if they don't get #1 in bronze week!!!!!

atholbrose
Feb 28, 2001

Splish!

Ooh, look at the harmonies!

El Destructo
Jul 28, 2004

The football is in my path.
In 12 seconds' time she pulls
it away. I'm already lying there, 12 seconds into the future.

Orange Harrison posted:

Rock Band 4: The most expensive peripheral you'll have to buy is the Xbone PDP Wired Legacy Adapter

Seriously, they regularly sell for $600-$700 on eBay now.

flakeloaf
Feb 26, 2003

Still better than android clock

They LIST for $600-700. I relisted this one several times at half that, then my first one failed. :shrug: Guess it's staying mine now.

gtrmp
Sep 29, 2008

Oba-Ma... Oba-Ma! Oba-Ma, aasha deh!
This week's DLC for Ubisoft's real guitar game Rocksmith is its last, after nearly a decade of uninterrupted weekly song packs

Comfy Fleece Sweater
Apr 2, 2013

You see, but you do not observe.

gtrmp posted:

This week's DLC for Ubisoft's real guitar game Rocksmith is its last, after nearly a decade of uninterrupted weekly song packs

(!)

That’s... probably not good ?

Maybe they’re gearing up for Rocksmith 2020? :unsmith:

Time to stock up on Rocksmith cables? I still play it every other week

Stan Taylor
Oct 13, 2013

Touched Fuzzy, Got Dizzy
I actually really like both the new songs this week. The Dua Lipa one is fun on drums for a scrub like me and the Not Paramore one is fun on guitar and I cannot play it on drums for the life of me. Plus they don’t sound like poo poo, which is a big step up from the screamo/metal stuff they usually push.

Also I’ve heard rumors of a new rock smith game being in the works. Possibly to have been revealed at the cancelled E3. They seemed to have a bigger budget than rockband with dlc updates so maybe they’re gearing up for a next gen release.

Pleads
Jun 9, 2005

pew pew pew

More Dua Lipa please, I want New Rules so I can just sing it endlessly.

Pirate Jet
May 2, 2010

Comfy Fleece Sweater posted:

(!)

That’s... probably not good ?

Maybe they’re gearing up for Rocksmith 2020? :unsmith:

Time to stock up on Rocksmith cables? I still play it every other week

No worries - the devs confirmed in the same blog post that it’s because they’re starting a new project. https://rocksmith.ubisoft.com/rocksmith/en-us/news/152-361505-16/the-future-of-rocksmith

Asnorban
Jun 13, 2003

Professor Gavelsmoke

I borrowed a friends 360 so I could play some quarantine customs using my old hard drive with my dlc on it and a thumb drive with customs. The customs all work fine, but none of the dlc will play since I can’t connect to the internet without updating away from title update 4. Is the only way to play my ~800 DLC songs to individually redownload them all?

kumba
Nov 8, 2003

enjoy the ride

Lipstick Apathy

Stan Taylor posted:

I actually really like both the new songs this week. The Dua Lipa one is fun on drums for a scrub like me and the Not Paramore one is fun on guitar and I cannot play it on drums for the life of me. Plus they don’t sound like poo poo, which is a big step up from the screamo/metal stuff they usually push.

Simmer definitely has a bizarre pattern, the snare in particular is real tricky

I finally 5 starred Blood and Thunder on expert pro, so thanks quarantine for that I guess. Don't know that I'll ever gold it or High Road but that won't stop me from trying

Mercedes Colomar
Nov 1, 2008

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS
I've been improving too, which helps. I'm getting more 5 stars in Expert. Is Orange still around? I beat his high score on some song I beat Orange's high score on "Good" by 16 while points, which always feels good.
Also did goon cru consolidate again? Because Smash Moth is filled with randoms now.

Kaboobi
Jan 5, 2005

SHAKE IT BABY!
SALT THAT LADY!

Asnorban posted:

I borrowed a friends 360 so I could play some quarantine customs using my old hard drive with my dlc on it and a thumb drive with customs. The customs all work fine, but none of the dlc will play since I can’t connect to the internet without updating away from title update 4. Is the only way to play my ~800 DLC songs to individually redownload them all?

Two options:
1) make that 360 your primary and redownload everything again

2) convert all the official DLC to CON format using the C3 CON tools and then it’ll work on TU4 but not on TU5 even when online

Asnorban
Jun 13, 2003

Professor Gavelsmoke

Kaboobi posted:

Two options:
1) make that 360 your primary and redownload everything again

2) convert all the official DLC to CON format using the C3 CON tools and then it’ll work on TU4 but not on TU5 even when online

Thanks!

Is there an easy way to pull the dlc off of the hard drive? That definitely seems quicker than individually clicking through hundreds of songs to redownload. I did that once when my first 360 died and that was more than enough.

Kaboobi
Jan 5, 2005

SHAKE IT BABY!
SALT THAT LADY!

Asnorban posted:

Thanks!

Is there an easy way to pull the dlc off of the hard drive? That definitely seems quicker than individually clicking through hundreds of songs to redownload. I did that once when my first 360 died and that was more than enough.

Pop in a USB stick, format it to the 360 format and I think you can copy everything over in one go?

Asnorban
Jun 13, 2003

Professor Gavelsmoke

Kaboobi posted:

Pop in a USB stick, format it to the 360 format and I think you can copy everything over in one go?

Thanks again. Transferring these now. My 5 year old is obsessed with the Go-Go’s first record and I need those songs playable.

cronox2
Jul 24, 2010

woah, you look
REALLY pissed off...
Having just done this in the last couple months a nice bonus is if you have song packs where you don't want some of the songs you can just strip them out too, and also you can just unpack every song and put them into giant megapacks so instead of the game loading up 800 pieces individually in my case it loads 8. Don't know if that messes with anything besides having the 2GB per pack filesize limit.

Beelzebozo
Nov 6, 2002

I don’t mean to sound bitter, cold, or cruel. But I am, so that’s how it comes out.
Sorry this isn't strictly Rock Band related, but I'm posting here anyway because at this point I associate the song in question more with this video game series than anything else. A band that I like (and maybe-probably kumba likes too) released a stonking great cover of the best RB3 on-disc track. Perhaps some talented charter will custom it after Hamdix stop releasing official RB4 DLC, which if we're honest can't be far off now.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=73WTnRa0d6M

kumba
Nov 8, 2003

enjoy the ride

Lipstick Apathy

Beelzebozo posted:

Sorry this isn't strictly Rock Band related, but I'm posting here anyway because at this point I associate the song in question more with this video game series than anything else. A band that I like (and maybe-probably kumba likes too) released a stonking great cover of the best RB3 on-disc track. Perhaps some talented charter will custom it after Hamdix stop releasing official RB4 DLC, which if we're honest can't be far off now.

I love Riley McShane, Allegaeon is my fuckin jam. This is a real good track.

I also prefer their version of Subdivisions to Rush's

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=cWnyNjQVEZ4

Riley also did vocals for Son of Aurelius' second album "Under a Western Sun" which is such an underrated masterpiece it's loving criminal

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=YatJzJB12Ck

Fun note: Son of Aurelius' first album (no Riley) sounds like this

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=4LnJemc1ZnY

Ice To Meet You
Mar 5, 2007

It doesn't have the organ so, unfortunately, it is a bad cover. Sorry.

Super No Vacancy
Jul 26, 2012

so do we think this Fuser gimmick is gonna have any sort of gameplay depth or is it just gonna be a virtual dropmix freestyle mode

Stan Taylor
Oct 13, 2013

Touched Fuzzy, Got Dizzy

Super No Vacancy posted:

so do we think this Fuser gimmick is gonna have any sort of gameplay depth or is it just gonna be a virtual dropmix freestyle mode

Looks like more of a well considered game than Dropmix was, which is to say it will be more fun to dick around with making lovely mashups with no effort than it will be to play for score. I'd love for it to be fun as a game, but honestly if it's as fun as dropmix was as a toy that would be fine too. maybe wince it doesn't rely on nfc to switch tracks you'll be able to consistently get little snippets of a track, like maybe one phrase of a vocal track to come in on time and then go out on beat too.

Quarantine brain has made me realize i can probably still get customs on RB3, right? am i safe to do that still if its connected to my live profile?

Max Coveri
Dec 23, 2015

by Athanatos

Stan Taylor posted:

Quarantine brain has made me realize i can probably still get customs on RB3, right? am i safe to do that still if its connected to my live profile?

There's no real danger in customs. If you try to play one in TU5/a MadCatz disc the game just boots you back to the dashboard. Just get TU4, turn down the update and you're good to go.

Stan Taylor
Oct 13, 2013

Touched Fuzzy, Got Dizzy
Oh, yeah that was laughably easy.

E: is there a way for me to rip the tracks off of RB1/2/Beatles to import them all into RB3 from here? I have them all on discs but missed the export window (which never existed for beatles) and the appeal of all the songs on one menu is pretty big.

Stan Taylor fucked around with this message at 20:19 on Apr 14, 2020

Kaboobi
Jan 5, 2005

SHAKE IT BABY!
SALT THAT LADY!

Stan Taylor posted:

Oh, yeah that was laughably easy.

E: is there a way for me to rip the tracks off of RB1/2/Beatles to import them all into RB3 from here? I have them all on discs but missed the export window (which never existed for beatles) and the appeal of all the songs on one menu is pretty big.

not legally but if you obtain the files you can convert them to CONs using the C3 CON tools and they'll work like customs

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Comfy Fleece Sweater
Apr 2, 2013

You see, but you do not observe.

Beelzebozo posted:

I like this