Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

bamhand
Apr 15, 2010
Ideally your floors will be covered in a waxy/oily protective surface and you keep that up.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

jesus WEP
Oct 17, 2004

Bonnie update: got a biopsy this morning, which returned only fat. so most likely a fatty tumour. they recommend removal but no rush so can get it taken care of once covid restrictions ease

So (mostly) good news :unsmith:

DarkHorse
Dec 13, 2006

Vroom Vroom, BEEP BEEP!
Nap Ghost

actionjackson posted:

With hardwood, what happens if she pees inside? Doesn't it soak into the wood right away?

It soaks much more slowly than carpet

We have 100 year old hardwood and it doesn't really soak in. Only once has there been pee for any length of time (we were at work and Sparty has some kind of infection or parasites that made him need to go every few hours, it was cold by the time we got home) and it basically just made a huge puddle throughout the dining room. Gross, but thankfully didn't soak in.

Usually though we just get an old towel and mop it up on the rare occasions he has accidents any more.

bamhand posted:

Ideally your floors will be covered in a waxy/oily protective surface and you keep that up.
Basically this

If Sparty gets the zoomies inside it's pretty funny. He stays on the rug or the bed so he has traction but there's not much room, which means he does a play bow, does a 180 and freezes, then repeat until done. It's the shortest laps ever

jesus WEP
Oct 17, 2004

wood doesn’t really soak up water yeah. otherwise we wouldn’t have made boats from it for thousands of years

DarkHorse
Dec 13, 2006

Vroom Vroom, BEEP BEEP!
Nap Ghost
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=NWwh6yObzcM

jesus WEP
Oct 17, 2004

I dunno if I’ve ever seen a greyhound as vocal as Sparty :allears:

DarkHorse
Dec 13, 2006

Vroom Vroom, BEEP BEEP!
Nap Ghost

jesus WEP posted:

I dunno if I’ve ever seen a greyhound as vocal as Sparty :allears:

It's really annoying when he sings the song of his people into our microphones when we're trying to play online games :mad:

Also he almost never roos even though we try to get him going :(

Radiation Cow
Oct 23, 2010

I love the increased tail wag at 'who's a good boy'.

DarkHorse
Dec 13, 2006

Vroom Vroom, BEEP BEEP!
Nap Ghost

Radiation Cow posted:

I love the increased tail wag at 'who's a good boy'.

Greyhounds are just so aloof and indifferent. You can never tell what they're thinking

No affection at all :geno:

actionjackson
Jan 12, 2003

Abby was laying directly on the floor and couldn't get up. Her feet just keep splaying out and she was yelping :/ I had to pull her up to get her on her feet again.

She's okay know. Hopefully she's learned not to lie directly on it. Since my rugs are delayed, I took the extra carpet from when I had that installed many years ago and am using that temporarily. Her bed is really grippy so that's nice. The main rug I'm getting will cover a similar amount of space as my carpet sample is, but obviously be a complete rectangle!

Only registered members can see post attachments!

large hands
Jan 24, 2006
Tubbs will only lay on hard surfaces if they've been baking in the sun for a few hours:

jesus WEP
Oct 17, 2004

tubbs is extremely cute just imo

DarkHorse
Dec 13, 2006

Vroom Vroom, BEEP BEEP!
Nap Ghost

jesus WEP posted:

tubbs is extremely cute just imo

Not just yours tbh

large hands
Jan 24, 2006
Tubbs says thanks, he thinks so too.

All worn out from laying in the sun, he switched to our daughters bed (his third bed):

jesus WEP
Oct 17, 2004

Bonnie is mostly enjoying the relative heat by napping even more than usual

skoolmunkee
Jun 27, 2004

Tell your friends we're coming for them

I love her cuddling her little bear!

spoon daddy
Aug 11, 2004
Who's your daddy?
College Slice

actionjackson posted:

Abby was laying directly on the floor and couldn't get up. Her feet just keep splaying out and she was yelping :/ I had to pull her up to get her on her feet again.

She's okay know. Hopefully she's learned not to lie directly on it. Since my rugs are delayed, I took the extra carpet from when I had that installed many years ago and am using that temporarily. Her bed is really grippy so that's nice. The main rug I'm getting will cover a similar amount of space as my carpet sample is, but obviously be a complete rectangle!

Poor Abby. More rugs is good for traction!

large hands
Jan 24, 2006

jesus WEP posted:

Bonnie is mostly enjoying the relative heat by napping even more than usual

Awww :3

skoolmunkee
Jun 27, 2004

Tell your friends we're coming for them

I love Abby so much.

actionjackson
Jan 12, 2003

She is very good girl, brain pills and all

Drunk Beekeeper
Jan 13, 2007

Is this deception?
We are currently fostering this girl, she came from Florida I believe. Anybody on here interested? (we’re in AZ). She’s supposed to go into the prison program where prisoners get to care for her, but with Covid going on the program is on hold because they don’t want extra people coming in. She’s 5 years old according to her tattoos.

She came to us with a scraped up nose, a matted nasty cut just under her ear, lots of ticks, and a missing toe. We managed to clean up the cut and her nose is healing up nicely. Mrs. Beekeeper gave her a flea and tick bath and has been picking off the ticks as she finds them.

jesus WEP
Oct 17, 2004

keep that dog

DarkHorse
Dec 13, 2006

Vroom Vroom, BEEP BEEP!
Nap Ghost

Drunk Beekeeper posted:

We are currently fostering this girl, she came from Florida I believe. Anybody on here interested? (we’re in AZ). She’s supposed to go into the prison program where prisoners get to care for her, but with Covid going on the program is on hold because they don’t want extra people coming in. She’s 5 years old according to her tattoos.

She came to us with a scraped up nose, a matted nasty cut just under her ear, lots of ticks, and a missing toe. We managed to clean up the cut and her nose is healing up nicely. Mrs. Beekeeper gave her a flea and tick bath and has been picking off the ticks as she finds them.

Aww what a sweet girl. Look at all the little freckles :3

Greyhounds are weird looking

actionjackson
Jan 12, 2003

greyhounds sitting is so loving wrong so I never taught Abby that poo poo

sphinx position is fine

Major Isoor
Mar 23, 2011
aww, those doggos! :3:

actionjackson posted:

sphinx position is fine

haha yeah, same - Taz will sit occasionally, but it always shares the same kinda look that clowns have, when they ride a tiny bicycle :D

large hands
Jan 24, 2006
What are you cooking? Look how nicely I'm sitting...

e: maybe whippets don't look quite as silly sitting

Drunk Beekeeper
Jan 13, 2007

Is this deception?

jesus WEP posted:

keep that dog

No u

But really we both agree that while two is enough, we are happy to help a doggo or two on their way to their forever homes.

It’s been a while since we fostered so I forgot what the new dog stress is like. She laid in her crate just panting for like 2 days. She’s starting to come out of her shell now and is picking up on things. Pretty sure she is fresh off the track. She’s kind of bad at eating as her food goes everywhere. She’s not spayed and her teeth are in dire need of a dental. She was in heat when we got her so she had to wear diapers and I had concerns about coyotes picking up on that scent.

We did not experience anything like this with Barley. When we got Barley she jumped up on us to lick our faces on first sight. She was roaching on our couch within the first 30 minutes of entering the house. She jumped on our bed on her first night, without any prompting whatsoever, and has spent every night since in our bed. But if you ever get the chance to meet Barley none of this would surprise you. She’s like the energetic, kinda fat, anti-greyhound that breaks all the stereotypes.

DarkHorse
Dec 13, 2006

Vroom Vroom, BEEP BEEP!
Nap Ghost

actionjackson posted:

sphinx position is fine

Sparty is so high-energy and insane about food I needed to direct his focus at something and so training was what happened. Sit was not a plan but the fosters had taught him so :shrug: we use that for him to indicate he wants outside.

Unfortunately he's so food-crazy he goes through his whole repertoire to try and cadge more to eat so he does it all the time, despite trying to discourage it.

Radiation Cow
Oct 23, 2010

Gello is prepared for winter. All haul Queen Gello, first of her name.

actionjackson
Jan 12, 2003

hahaha oh god i'm terrified and amused at the same time

Abby on the new carpet

edit: would anyone want some greyhound booties? I can post a picture, Abby never cared for them.

Only registered members can see post attachments!

DarkHorse
Dec 13, 2006

Vroom Vroom, BEEP BEEP!
Nap Ghost
Dog yoga

Doga

Radiation Cow
Oct 23, 2010

So our lockdown rules remain restrictive as all hell, but at least we're allowed to walk our dogs from 6am to 9am. Here is evidence of us breaking the law by walking on the mountain.

Drunk Beekeeper
Jan 13, 2007

Is this deception?

Always mimicking each other!

Tree Goat
May 24, 2009

argania spinosa

Drunk Beekeeper posted:

Always mimicking each other!

very on brand for the breed that that is a massive sofa and yet they are still situated in a way such that they are hogging most of it

actionjackson
Jan 12, 2003

How long is that sofa jfc

Abby broke in the laminate with a fresh pee overnight, but it was in her usual spot so not on any rugs or anything. I used the arm and hammer with deodorizer spread, left it on for 20 minutes and vacuumed it up. It worked pretty well.

Drunk Beekeeper
Jan 13, 2007

Is this deception?

actionjackson posted:

How long is that sofa jfc

https://forums.somethingawful.com/showthread.php?threadid=3549972&perpage=40&pagenumber=56#post491960299

In the photo in that post, Jake is curled up on the far end and is a little hard to see.

jesus WEP
Oct 17, 2004

Bonnie’s just been dropped off for an operation - the lump I mentioned a while ago has gotten bigger and she’s started biting at it now and again, so the vets have agreed to take a look at it under anaesthetic and then potentially remove it.

So naturally I’m making GBS threads myself, but also hopeful it’s all going to be good in the end.

jesus WEP
Oct 17, 2004

It’s not good :cry:

Under the fatty mass they found a tumour. Too close to her spine to operate on. They sampled it and we’ll know exactly how aggressive it is in a week. The best case scenario is the lump they removed will return and keep getting bigger. Worst case I guess it metastasises and her spine goes :smith:

DarkHorse
Dec 13, 2006

Vroom Vroom, BEEP BEEP!
Nap Ghost

jesus WEP posted:

It’s not good :cry:

Under the fatty mass they found a tumour. Too close to her spine to operate on. They sampled it and we’ll know exactly how aggressive it is in a week. The best case scenario is the lump they removed will return and keep getting bigger. Worst case I guess it metastasises and her spine goes :smith:

I'm so sorry :(

Be good Bonnie girl :( :(

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

DarkHorse
Dec 13, 2006

Vroom Vroom, BEEP BEEP!
Nap Ghost

Radiation Cow posted:

So our lockdown rules remain restrictive as all hell, but at least we're allowed to walk our dogs from 6am to 9am. Here is evidence of us breaking the law by walking on the mountain.

Breakin the law, breakin the law...