Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.
Should Wrestlemania have been postponed?
This poll is closed.
Yes. 44 28.76%
Yes. 109 71.24%
Total: 120 votes
[Edit Poll (moderators only)]

Dimebags Brain
Feb 18, 2013

Akileese posted:

So WWE was running illegal shows in complete breach of a government order, ignored them, then setup a pay to play with using their literal trump fundraiser to get an exemption when it looked like they might be hosed? They've done all of this to not even break 2 million fuckin viewers?

To be fair, we as a country really needed a racist pedophile to crack racist jokes about the Japanese on live TV.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Cx8qITIIRiU

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

MJeff
Jun 2, 2011

THE LIAR

Akileese posted:

So WWE was running illegal shows in complete breach of a government order, ignored them, then setup a pay to play with using their literal trump fundraiser to get an exemption when it looked like they might be hosed? They've done all of this to not even break 2 million fuckin viewers?

They did it because if they don't, those TV contracts that are the lynchpin for the entire company might vanish.

SatansOnion
Dec 12, 2011

Akileese posted:

“no glorified flu bug’s gonna boss around Vincent Kennedy McMahon, dammit”

- :vince: , muttering to himself as he sits atop the corpses of his workers, roasting a hotdog on a stick over one of his several cash bonfires

Rarity
Oct 21, 2010

~*4 LIFE*~
At this point MRT will be able to run a whole NY64 Coronavirus Edition

Trying
Sep 26, 2019

MJeff posted:

They did it because if they don't, those TV contracts that are the lynchpin for the entire company country might vanish.

SatoshiMiwa
May 6, 2007

I honestly thought nothing would top Dana and fight Island this year for most disgusting promo tactic but never count out Vince whelp

Endless Mike
Aug 13, 2003

https://twitter.com/AndySlater/status/1250196152517001216?s=20

StarkRavingMad
Sep 27, 2001

Yams Fan

We all gonna die

Low Desert Punk
Jul 4, 2012

i have absolutely no fucking money

lmao we're all gonna die

ARMBAR A COP
Nov 24, 2007

LMAO AMERICA IS hosed

Julio Cruz
May 19, 2006

it must be pretty hard to pick a group of people where Vince isn't far and away the worst of them but drat it Trump's done it

Joey McChrist
Aug 8, 2005

billionaire sports golems are your saviors america

That DICK!
Sep 28, 2010

The Expendables 3: Turn On Your Monitor

Quantum of Phallus
Dec 27, 2010

I hope all these greedy old fucks die in agony

MorningMoon
Dec 29, 2013

He's been tapping into Aunt May's bank account!
Didn't I kill him with a HELICOPTER?

You'll have to unban vinceflex if it's a presidential order, J-Ru.

MJeff
Jun 2, 2011

THE LIAR

Group of sharks put in charge of reopening the beaches.

SatoshiMiwa
May 6, 2007

Opening up sports should be like the last thing they do and only if we have a vaccine cause large crowds/travel is the thing that makes this disease worse so ofc they'll open those first welp

DogsInSpace!
Sep 11, 2001

Fun Shoe

JUNGLE BOY posted:

I lust for the death of WWE

Any day now those stocks will be back to 75$!
me too

Jerusalem
May 20, 2004

Would you be my new best friends?

You know I used to think the mayor in Jaws was an unrealistically written character.

There's no Mitch Hedberg punchline here.

Chris James 2
Aug 9, 2012

JUNGLE BOY posted:

I lust for the death of WWE

:same: but also for america

MorningMoon
Dec 29, 2013

He's been tapping into Aunt May's bank account!
Didn't I kill him with a HELICOPTER?
Vince is gonna book the entirety of Michigan like it's Ricochet.

Jerusalem
May 20, 2004

Would you be my new best friends?

Crossposting from the UFC thread:

Waroduce posted:

My buddy also happens to be my companies corporate attorney who also happens to have a giant juvenile love of WWE mentioned that the bill was poorly written and heres a lovely copy paste from Teams -

quote:

...getting into the weeds here but here's something that I found interesting regardign the Desantis EO thats allowing WWE to continue live events as long as they are closed to the public and no crowd. It looks like the lawyer or wheover drafted hosed it up. Nothing in that or ANY other executive order defines employees to include independent contrators which the in-ring talent are working as. The EO only applies to "employees at a professional sports and media production with a national audience...if the location is closed to the general public". If I were an employment attorney representing in-ring talent (or a group of them...perhaps...a union...) I would use that to argue that either (1) The RO would not apply to my clients as an independent contractor and/or by relying on that EO the WWE acknowledges that they are employees and not true independent contractors who deserve the protections and benefits of employment. Im sure it will prboably be fixed but it's a giant hole.

e: fighters are independent contractors btw if you didn't know

WrasslorMonkey
Mar 5, 2012

MorningMoon posted:

You'll have to unban vinceflex if it's a presidential order, J-Ru.

STAC Goat
Mar 12, 2008

Watching you sleep.

Butt first, let's
check the feeds.

SatoshiMiwa posted:

Opening up sports should be like the last thing they do and only if we have a vaccine cause large crowds/travel is the thing that makes this disease worse so ofc they'll open those first welp

It is however a priority for the president because then he gets to say "look, I fixed everything, its back to normal" and maybe they'll finally cheer him.

The Cameo
Jan 20, 2005

Jerusalem posted:

You know I used to think the mayor in Jaws was an unrealistically written character.

There's no Mitch Hedberg punchline here.

The difference between Americans and non-Americans is that when non-Americans saw Jaws, they saw the mayor as something of a cartoon. When Americans saw Jaws, they saw their elected representatives.

ARMBAR A COP
Nov 24, 2007

So once a-loving-gain.

UNIONIZE

Benne
Sep 2, 2011

STOP DOING HEROIN
There's a scenario where the lockdown gets lifted way too soon, people flood the streets like it's loving VJ Day, and the second wave ends up much worse than the first.

That scenario looks more likely every day.

Do it ironically
Jul 13, 2010

by Pragmatica
The problem is the wrestlers are just as awful as Vince and won’t unionize because “gently caress you got mine, not letting another wrestler get a piece of my pie”

Chris James 2
Aug 9, 2012

Do it ironically posted:

The problem is the wrestlers are just as awful as Vince and won’t unionize because “gently caress you got mine, not letting another wrestler get a piece of my pie”

I think I mentioned it earlier in the week, and I'd love to be wrong and for someone to rally the gang sometime soon, but this basically closes the door on union attempts in American wrestling at this point for...a good long while. It's hard to envision talent in the business having a better opportunity to attempt unionizing than during this period of time

Credit to David Starr for having the balls and caring enough to be vocal, even when it's cost him bookings. Never understood why some fans thought he wasn't serious about it

STAC Goat
Mar 12, 2008

Watching you sleep.

Butt first, let's
check the feeds.

Benne posted:

There's a scenario where the lockdown gets lifted way too soon, people flood the streets like it's loving VJ Day, and the second wave ends up much worse than the first.

That scenario looks more likely every day.

The problem is and will remain the insignificance of state lines. The federal government has no power to "open America" as Trump claims. Many governors will continue to play it safe and try to be responsible. Others will continue to be irresponsible. And unfortunately the good and bad doesn't just stop at state lines so there's no easy way to lock down the problem in America.

But also if you think that all the sports are gonna open up because Trump said so then you haven't been paying attention. Vince and Dana White are one thing but the NBA and other team sports can't open up any time soon without the first positive test shutting everything back down again. And they have unions to deal with. This is Trump bluster as it always is because he's desperate to convince people that he fixed things and is our hero.

Orange Carlisle
Jul 14, 2007

Im glad Vice is digging up the Snuka coverup again

SatoshiMiwa
May 6, 2007

Like I can see opening businesses aside from restaurants and gyms at the end of May just to get things feeling a bit more normal but given that the big outbreaks in Italy/Spain/England have been in parts traced back to soccer matches starting back live sports even without a crowd feels super dumb

STAC Goat
Mar 12, 2008

Watching you sleep.

Butt first, let's
check the feeds.

SatoshiMiwa posted:

Like I can see opening businesses aside from restaurants and gyms at the end of May just to get things feeling a bit more normal but given that the big outbreaks in Italy/Spain/England have been in parts traced back to soccer matches starting back live sports even without a crowd feels super dumb

Yeah, I can see stuff start to open up more by then but sports is gonna be a lot longer. Even if they do empty arena games you're still dealing with massive teams of players and crew and its just too impossible to make sure they all act responsibly and stay clean. Even with like the insane ideas of sequestering them. It just isn't feasible.

Sono
Apr 9, 2008

The Cameo posted:

The difference between Americans and non-Americans is that when non-Americans saw Jaws, they saw the mayor as something of a cartoon. When Americans saw Jaws, they saw their elected representatives.

When Boris Johnson saw Jaws, he saw the mayor as heroic.

Blaise330
Aug 13, 2007

GOD'S FAVORITE CHAMPION

MorningMoon posted:

Vince is gonna book the entirety of Michigan like it's Ricochet.

Michigan: haha can't everyone just enjoy things haha

*gets put in a tag team with Louisiana*

Benne
Sep 2, 2011

STOP DOING HEROIN
MLB was briefly floating the hilariously stupid idea of building like bubble cities in Arizona and playing the season there. I don't know if it's still a plan, but the talk noticeably died down when players were like "what the gently caress, we're not leaving our families to live in a biodome for 6 months, are you insane"

Golden Bee
Dec 24, 2009

I came here to chew bubblegum and quote 'They Live', and I'm... at an impasse.
It would be really funny if you got coronavirus by winning someone’s title belt. How long can the virus live on the 24/7 title.

WatermelonGun
May 7, 2009
i’ll live in a biodome

BrigadierSensible
Feb 16, 2012

I've got a pocket full of cheese🧀, and a garden full of trees🌴.

Benne posted:

MLB was briefly floating the hilariously stupid idea of building like bubble cities in Arizona and playing the season there. I don't know if it's still a plan, but the talk noticeably died down when players were like "what the gently caress, we're not leaving our families to live in a biodome for 6 months, are you insane"

This idea was also floated by the NRL in Australia. But instead of players going "gently caress off", over here it was, and still is a serious possibility

WatermelonGun posted:

i’ll live in a biodome

Well you do get to meet Kylie Minogue.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Hirez
Feb 3, 2003

Weber scored 49 points?

:allears: :allears: :allears:
Bio-dome holds up, so does In the Army now :colbert: