Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Captain Foo
May 11, 2004

we vibin'
we slidin'
we breathin'
we dyin'

Bifauxnen posted:

Seriously what the gently caress you want to just end the day with that resource spent in lieu of a normal lunch gently caress that

sunk cost fallacy, imo

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

merk
May 20, 2003

##interact
:beerpal: (but coffee)

Bifauxnen
Aug 12, 2010

Curses! Foiled again!

If y'all aren't ready to risk steeping yourselves in townie blood for fear of sometimes being wrong go play fuckin solitaire

merk
May 20, 2003

##interact
I take back my restriction thing. It’s basically just a vig since we get multiple lynches.

Bifauxnen
Aug 12, 2010

Curses! Foiled again!

Captain Foo posted:

sunk cost fallacy, imo

It's ok foo i know you know you have no reads or confidence in your ability to find scum just don't ruin it for the rest of us

merk
May 20, 2003

##interact
If it ended the day, that’d be way too powerful in a game this size.

merk
May 20, 2003

##interact

Mr. Steak posted:

currently trying to divine more ancient wisdoms from posts further into the game than page 3, but it'll take some time

Steak's entire content today is a joke/serious 'first post' analysis and then a promise to do more without doing more. ##vote Steak

merk
May 20, 2003

##interact

Iron Chef Ramen posted:

Steak's giant "I AM SCUM" sign still attached to his back, I see.

Iron Chef Ramen posted:

Like "I don't believe he's town, but if he's a tracker, we can verify that. "

ICR has no content today but made sure to chime in weirdly on Steak and then again after a claim was made. Potentially awkward scum not knowing how to interact with the thread.

merk
May 20, 2003

##interact

Captain Foo posted:

imo that steak post was entertaining but a huge waste of effort into actually making reads, but it has stimulated a good amount of discussion, +1 town read

eyes sliding off the page reading walls of bif posts but it seems to be coming from the idea that ssv is already scum and then backfitting every single post ssv made into that theory, which is backwards. Maybe there are some accidentally good calls in there idk

This is an odd callout. Do you think Bif is scum?

merk
May 20, 2003

##interact

Hal Incandenza posted:

Well there isn't much yet and I don't think it's more compelling than vimes, just think she's someone to keep an eye on.

Hal was voting KB here but noting that he thinks SSV is scummy?

This could be scum Hal trying to see where the chips are going to fall for the day before voting again.

Captain Foo
May 11, 2004

we vibin'
we slidin'
we breathin'
we dyin'

merk posted:

If it ended the day, that’d be way too powerful in a game this size.

Day-ending dayvig is "way too powerful" in a 13 player game?

merk
May 20, 2003

##interact

Captain Foo posted:

Day-ending dayvig is "way too powerful" in a 13 player game?

For scum, I think yes. It lets scum win at mylo.

merk
May 20, 2003

##interact
You've also happily jumped into a pointless general mafia argument because the day vig we have in this game did not end the day, so who gives a gently caress what I think about the general balance of that non-existent role?

merk
May 20, 2003

##interact
I like MMT's early vote on Grandicap that I just didn't read before. I'd like to see SSV's flip before thinking more on Grandicap. It was very weird that he dove head first into Steak's joke/serious thing but nodded that he thought SSV was scum when I asked. He later votes SSV with a case that isn't all that persuasive.

Captain Foo
May 11, 2004

we vibin'
we slidin'
we breathin'
we dyin'

merk posted:

This is an odd callout. Do you think Bif is scum?

Not at the top of my list

The backfitting is more town tunnel than scum inconsistency, I feel

merk
May 20, 2003

##interact
That's probably all I got. I think a lot of things make more sense to probe based on SSV's flip.

##vote no lynch

merk
May 20, 2003

##interact

Captain Foo posted:

Not at the top of my list

The backfitting is more town tunnel than scum inconsistency, I feel

Oh, ok. I misinterpreted what you were saying then.

George Kansas
Sep 1, 2008

preface all my posts with this

Grandicap posted:

I don't want to undercut your questioning of MMT, but the way I read the case was that GK thought my steak stuff wasn't adding to scum hunting and was largely worthless. And then said I was bad town for it.
The part about me being town was a baseline for GK. The only way to come at it from that angle was that GK knew my alignment because he is a scum.

But no followup on actual suspicion of me for my not very town mindset. I can see it.

my thought on your not very town mindset is basically parallel to this post of yours:

Grandicap posted:

I like Murmur's case on GK. I like it less than the SSV case, but GK rockets up my scumspects. Hal slips to 3, foo is 4.

I still like Sam for scum more (even after the claim) but I thought you putting a ton of effort into a completely useless series of effortposts about someone you think is town was faking content and scummy.

George Kansas
Sep 1, 2008

Podima posted:

It all happens so fast, with unheard voices lending themselves to the already-building hue and cry. But the deed is done, and one of the nooses is filled. Three more await.

:cheers: SirSamVimes has been executed! :cheers:

:cheers: Day 4 continues. Votes have been reset. Deadline is 7 PM EDT, Thursday 16-APR. [~42 hours]
:cheers:

:siren: The execution method is LIMITED LIGHTS OUT. You may execute up to four three more times today, with the deadline extended by 24/12/6 hours with each of the first three next two executions respectively. Results of the execution(s) will be available at day's end. A majority ##vote no execute will end the day early. If you are executed, stop posting immediately - no exceptions.

huh buh whuh

merk
May 20, 2003

##interact

George Kansas posted:

I still like Sam for scum more (even after the claim) but I thought you putting a ton of effort into a completely useless series of effortposts about someone you think is town was faking content and scummy.

Yes.

George Kansas
Sep 1, 2008

quote="King Burgundy" post="504118884"]
Hah, I guess that's that.

##vote no execute
[/quote]

George Kansas
Sep 1, 2008

Somberbrero posted:

no, i firmly don't like how this went down. i'm not saying moat is scum but i am saying that maybe scum could be using this to shut down conversation and distract from a better dunk target.

##vote hal

this really feels to me like moat being reckless town.

George Kansas
Sep 1, 2008

oh huh the day action reset the deadline

hmmmm.

d1 was such a stupid time to use this moat oh my god ##unvote

Somberbrero
Feb 14, 2009

ꜱʜʀɪᴍᴘ?

George Kansas posted:

this really feels to me like moat being reckless town.

I mean probably but it feels to me like moat hit town and scum want to end the day so they can soft reset.

Grandicap
Feb 8, 2006

Why would scum want a soft reset? I would think they would want to pounce on directing another lunch choice.

Grandicap
Feb 8, 2006

And why do you feel like Moat hit town? Did you have a town read on Vimes? Or are you taking the temp of the thread after the action?

merk
May 20, 2003

##interact

Somberbrero posted:

I mean probably but it feels to me like moat hit town and scum want to end the day so they can soft reset.

what

merk
May 20, 2003

##interact

Somberbrero posted:

I will also consent to a SSV vote because a lot of people wrote a lot of good words that I liked when I read them 🙂 although why not both?

Somberbrero posted:

##vote Somb

Grandicap
Feb 8, 2006

I see what you are seeing merk, but I think going for another lunch is a bad idea. We need the flips.

merk
May 20, 2003

##interact
Probably correct, but that seems damning. ##vote no lynch

Somberbrero
Feb 14, 2009

ꜱʜʀɪᴍᴘ?

Grandicap posted:

And why do you feel like Moat hit town? Did you have a town read on Vimes? Or are you taking the temp of the thread after the action?

The latter

merk posted:

##vote Somb

I'm maybe not being clear or I'm just being stupid, but it feels weird having everyone just agree to end the day after the lunch decision is made for us.

it feels like you're hanging back in the cut more than usual, taking pot-shots but not engaging discussion the way you would normally

Somberbrero
Feb 14, 2009

ꜱʜʀɪᴍᴘ?

Grandicap posted:

Why would scum want a soft reset? I would think they would want to pounce on directing another lunch choice.

Not if a lot of the names being floated are scum, i.e. foo and Hal.

merk
May 20, 2003

##interact

Somberbrero posted:

it feels like you're hanging back in the cut more than usual, taking pot-shots but not engaging discussion the way you would normally

I was the first to case SSV and SSV died.

##vote somb

merk
May 20, 2003

##interact
You didn't comment on my SSV case or any SSV case except to say that "a lot of people wrote a lot of good words that I liked when I read them." Did you read my SSV case?

Hal Incandenza
Feb 12, 2004

I don't want to vote anyone else today I don't think but I definitely agree that sombers whole push since SSV was killed has been pretty scummy.

He was pinging me a bit earlier for how he's been a little snipish so far this game

Moatillata
Dec 13, 2006

Maintain.

Somberbrero posted:

With all due respect, Somb you look the worst of everyone since my day action

Also good morning everyone :sun:

Somberbrero
Feb 14, 2009

ꜱʜʀɪᴍᴘ?
I don't understand what the scum motivation behind my paranoia posting would be but go on then.

merk
May 20, 2003

##interact
To appear town? What is happening here?

Somberbrero
Feb 14, 2009

ꜱʜʀɪᴍᴘ?

merk posted:

To appear town? What is happening here?

Well it's not working then. I clearly don't understand what's happening here, I feel like only a handful of people are engaging with the turbo lunch and it's weird and it's spiking my paranoia.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Hal Incandenza
Feb 12, 2004

Somberbrero posted:

Well it's not working then. I clearly don't understand what's happening here, I feel like only a handful of people are engaging with the turbo lunch and it's weird and it's spiking my paranoia.

To be honest, I though Vimes was closer than -3, but there wasn't really much momentum towards anyone else and so it just felt like speeding up the inevitable. Seems dumb, but if you really think it was scum trying to rewrite the narrative why weren't you more into voting Moat than me after it happened?