Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Professor Beetus
Apr 12, 2007

They can fight us
But they'll never Beetus

Mods!!!??

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Orv
May 4, 2011
Punish the anime likers.

Occultatio
Aug 4, 2005

a massive toolclown who cannot stop causing problems
Going to just copy-paste the gushing "review" I just wrote about Wandersong, which EVERYBODY SHOULD PLAY RIGHT NOW:

Samuringa
Mar 27, 2017

Best advice I was ever given?

"Ticker, you'll be a lot happier once you stop caring about the opinions of a culture that is beneath you."

I learned my worth, learned the places and people that matter.

Opened my eyes.
Wandersong is super good, I'll echo that gushing.

Kanfy
Jan 9, 2012

Just gotta keep walking down that road.

Orv posted:

Punish the anime likers.

You're just upset that the sequel to your personal 10/10 game HuniePop has been taking this long.

Lord Lambeth
Dec 7, 2011

https://www.pcgamer.com/sega-says-persona-5-listing-for-pc-on-amazon-france-is-an-error/

quote:

We know for a fact that Sony is moving towards bringing its first party games to the PC, starting with Horizon: Zero Dawn this summer. Today two more PlayStation exclusives unexpectedly popped up on Amazon France, with blank listings offering no imagery, release date, or details aside from a name and a platform: Windows. Those games are Days Gone and Persona 5 Royal.

These two games are slightly different cases: Sony owns the studio that developed Days Gone, just like it owns Horizon developer Guerrilla Games. Persona 5 is currently a PlayStation exclusive, and Persona games historically tend to stick to a single platform, but it's developed and published by Sega subsidiary Atlus. In other words, even if Sony is moving to publish its own first party games on PC, it's odd that a listing for Persona would appear on Amazon France at the exact same time.

I reached out to Sega about Persona 5 Royal, who told me "That listing is an error and we’re looking into having it taken down and how it happened."

*sad trombone noises*

RBA Starblade
Apr 28, 2008

Going Home.

Games Idiot Court Jester

Occultatio posted:

Going to just copy-paste the gushing "review" I just wrote about Wandersong, which EVERYBODY SHOULD PLAY RIGHT NOW:

Wandersong's on Game Pass btw, it's great

repiv
Aug 13, 2009

the gently caress is going on at amazon france lol

https://twitter.com/Wario64/status/1250479175313395712
https://twitter.com/Wario64/status/1250475637069889536
https://twitter.com/Wario64/status/1250477753087877121

Peaceful Anarchy
Sep 18, 2005
sXe
I am the math man.

Lord Lambeth posted:

https://www.pcgamer.com/sega-says-persona-5-listing-for-pc-on-amazon-france-is-an-error/

"That listing is an error and we’re looking into having it taken down and how it happened."
*sad trombone noises*
That wording is not a no. It's consistent with "there will be a listing, but it's not supposed to show up yet."

GreenBuckanneer
Sep 15, 2007

Yeah, especially with all these other PC listings, sounds more like them wanting to capitalize on us being home with our PCs lol

Cardiovorax
Jun 5, 2011

I mean, if you're a successful actress and you go out of the house in a skirt and without underwear, knowing that paparazzi are just waiting for opportunities like this and that it has happened many times before, then there's really nobody you can blame for it but yourself.
Might be a pissed employee. As of yesterday, Amazon France is no longer allowed to deliver anything except medicine and food because a French court that Amazon was at fault of inadequately protecting its employees' health and keeping them safe from Corona infection.

https://www.bbc.com/news/world-europe-52285301

Lord Lambeth
Dec 7, 2011

Peaceful Anarchy posted:

That wording is not a no. It's consistent with "there will be a listing, but it's not supposed to show up yet."

I wouldn't be surprised if persona 5 made it eventually, considering Catherine made it to steam somehow.

Deformed Church
May 12, 2012

5'5", IQ 81

StrixNebulosa posted:

Bayek's rage is breathtaking to behold

gross, groomed bayek looks terrible

explosivo
May 23, 2004

Fueled by Satan

I picked up Void Destroyers 2 on sale and I gotta say it seems pretty fun so far. It feels like Mount and Blade, Freespace, and Homeworld mashed together into one game. I'm still super early on and am literally not even out of the starter ship yet but I like the loop. The combat feels a bit wonky but that might just be me needing to get used to the controls, I have hit enemies head on before which sent me into an endless spiral which really sucked to get out of.

IShallRiseAgain
Sep 12, 2008

Well ain't that precious?

Lord Lambeth posted:

I wouldn't be surprised if persona 5 made it eventually, considering Catherine made it to steam somehow.

Persona 5 also got a switch port, and usually Atlus doesn't do ports at all.

anilEhilated
Feb 17, 2014

But I say fuck the rain.

Grimey Drawer

Deformed Church posted:

gross, groomed bayek looks terrible
Right? Hair and beard all the way.

Ulio
Feb 17, 2011

Bloodborne pc please, need to play that a 2nd time!

Ulio
Feb 17, 2011

IShallRiseAgain posted:

Persona 5 also got a switch port, and usually Atlus doesn't do ports at all.

Persona 5 has no switch port. The switch game is Persona 5 Scramble which is a sequel the story of Person5 but with Musou gameplay.

DatonKallandor
Aug 21, 2009

"I can no longer sit back and allow nationalist shitposting, nationalist indoctrination, nationalist subversion, and the German nationalist conspiracy to sap and impurify all of our precious game balance."

explosivo posted:

I picked up Void Destroyers 2 on sale and I gotta say it seems pretty fun so far. It feels like Mount and Blade, Freespace, and Homeworld mashed together into one game. I'm still super early on and am literally not even out of the starter ship yet but I like the loop. The combat feels a bit wonky but that might just be me needing to get used to the controls, I have hit enemies head on before which sent me into an endless spiral which really sucked to get out of.

I can recommend alt-A (or whatever your set your autopilot to) to get out of spins. What it does exactly depends on your target, but it'll get you back under control.

explosivo
May 23, 2004

Fueled by Satan

DatonKallandor posted:

I can recommend alt-A (or whatever your set your autopilot to) to get out of spins. What it does exactly depends on your target, but it'll get you back under control.

Bless you. I just flailed my mouse around until I noticed myself slowing down and then kept pushing in that direction.

Lord Lambeth
Dec 7, 2011

Ulio posted:

Persona 5 has no switch port. The switch game is Persona 5 Scramble which is a sequel the story of Person5 but with Musou gameplay.

Also it's only released in japan.

StrixNebulosa
Feb 14, 2012

You cheated not only the game, but yourself.
But most of all, you cheated BABA

anilEhilated posted:

Right? Hair and beard all the way.

Bayek with a beard looks terrible, like he's some goony caveman. No thanks.

Hwurmp
May 20, 2005

Occultatio posted:

Wandersong is wonderful.

StrixNebulosa posted:

Bayek with a beard looks terrible, like he's some goony caveman. No thanks.

Beard Bayek fucks, Bald Bayek does not

explosivo posted:

VD2 is a space game where you can actually get to the big capital ships in a couple hours or days rather than weeks and months

it's a mindblowing concept

Hwurmp fucked around with this message at 19:28 on Apr 15, 2020

ErrEff
Feb 13, 2012

Wandersong is fantastic and very cute.

Orv
May 4, 2011

Kanfy posted:

You're just upset that the sequel to your personal 10/10 game HuniePop has been taking this long.

:hmmyes:

Also this is your couple times a year reminder that Amazon France (and sometimes Walmart UK) does this all the goddamn time and is almost never right. Not that they couldn't be but PCGamer et al is awash with the graveyard of "Online outlet lists [port]!" that never goes anywhere.

Kennel
May 1, 2008

BAWWW-UNH!
The actual gameplay of Wandersong is pretty weak, but otherwise it's great.

repiv
Aug 13, 2009

:rip:

https://twitter.com/Nibellion/status/1250493393760858116?s=19

Sway Grunt
May 15, 2004

Tenochtitlan, looking east.
Played about an hour of Nuclear Throne. The sound effects are insanely loud and there's no separate volume slider for them, which is really annoying. And the second area is a dark sewer level, which sucks. Otherwise it seems pretty all right. I was under the impression that this was some kind of masterpiece, but maybe my expectations were too high or it's just been surpassed since its release. It's not immediately grabbing me but it's fun enough to keep at for now, I think.

Lord Lambeth
Dec 7, 2011

I think Nuclear Throne is honestly a better game on pc over console. maybe keyboard and mouse will always seem more accurate to me

edit: I got my threads mixed up, thought we were in switch thread

Lord Lambeth fucked around with this message at 20:09 on Apr 15, 2020

Peaceful Anarchy
Sep 18, 2005
sXe
I am the math man.

quote:

“The listings are not accurate. We have made no announcements to bring these games to PC.”
LOL, at that wording. It's not hard to say "we have no plans to release these games on PC." In fact, that is the usual wording, not "we have made no announcements."

Veotax
May 16, 2006

Oh no, Days Gone isn't coming to PC. What a massive loss.

repiv
Aug 13, 2009

Veotax posted:

It's more that if that listing is fake, the other listings that showed up at the same time are probably also fake.

Ulio
Feb 17, 2011

Peaceful Anarchy posted:

LOL, at that wording. It's not hard to say "we have no plans to release these games on PC." In fact, that is the usual wording, not "we have made no announcements."

Ya that definitely makes it seem like they intend to bring more than Horizon to PC. My guess is if Horizon does decently for them we will see the floodgates open. Although I don't expect exclusives from last year make it in.

Mierenneuker
Apr 28, 2010

We're all going to experience changes in our life but only the best of us will qualify for front row seats.

Veotax posted:

What will we do without a main character who is constantly talking to himself and sounds out of breath when doing so?

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=vo-iG1CnDf8

Barry Convex
Sep 1, 2005

Think of the good things, Pim! The good things!

Like Jesus, candy, and crackerjacks! Ice cream and cake and lots o'laffs!
Grandma, Grandpa, and Uncle Joe! Larry, Curly, and brother Moe!

Ulio posted:

Ya that definitely makes it seem like they intend to bring more than Horizon to PC. My guess is if Horizon does decently for them we will see the floodgates open. Although I don't expect exclusives from last year make it in.

it would make no sense for Horizon to be a one-off, unless it bombs on PC, which seems pretty unlikely. they probably already have more belated PS4 ports in development regardless of whether or not this particular leak is fake

Cowcaster
Aug 7, 2002

Ulio posted:

Bloodborne pc please, need to play that a 2nd time!

i've said it before and i'll say it again, if it'd get me bloodborne on pc i'd kill and eat everyone in this thread

GreenBuckanneer
Sep 15, 2007

Peaceful Anarchy posted:

Yeah they could have said "We have no plans to release any of these games on the PC" but instead they said “The listings are not accurate. We have made no announcements to bring these games to PC.”

Which is like saying "I can neither confirm nor deny" which is basically like pleading the 5th.

Begemot
Oct 14, 2012

The One True Oden

Glare Seethe posted:

Played about an hour of Nuclear Throne. The sound effects are insanely loud and there's no separate volume slider for them, which is really annoying. And the second area is a dark sewer level, which sucks. Otherwise it seems pretty all right. I was under the impression that this was some kind of masterpiece, but maybe my expectations were too high or it's just been surpassed since its release. It's not immediately grabbing me but it's fun enough to keep at for now, I think.

Nuclear Throne is okay, but it's no Monolith.

Roluth
Apr 22, 2014

Begemot posted:

Nuclear Throne is okay, but it's no Monolith.

Monolith is pretty good, but it turns into a full and proper bullet-hell game towards the very end. The two games are both twin-stick shooters with lots of bullets, but the gameplay philosophies are very different. So, it's hard to really compare the two games. Just go with whatever looks cool.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

StrixNebulosa
Feb 14, 2012

You cheated not only the game, but yourself.
But most of all, you cheated BABA

Ah I see, I'm not playing as some generic white guy. I'm playing as a hardcore rear end in a top hat. Just apologize, jerkface!