Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Hasselblad
Dec 13, 2017

My dumbass opinions are only outweighed by my racism.

No one forgot that I exist to defend violent cops, champion chaining down immigrants, and have trash opinions on cooking.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Bloodplay it again
Aug 25, 2003

Oh, Dee, you card. :-*
Haven't been to the warehouse in about a month at this point so we put an online order in last weekend. One of the ten items finally shipped, by itself, but UPS didn't even bother attempting delivery today and instead just took it to the drop off point, which is a packed grocery store. Cool stuff UPS. I can't hate on Costco for taking so long (they were all eligible for 2-day delivery) but I should have guessed delivery would wind up being a bad idea. In an hour-long queue to talk to customer service about canceling the rest of the order.

Im Ready for DEATH
Oct 5, 2016

thinkin about those chops

astral
Apr 26, 2004

Bloodplay it again posted:

Haven't been to the warehouse in about a month at this point so we put an online order in last weekend. One of the ten items finally shipped, by itself, but UPS didn't even bother attempting delivery today and instead just took it to the drop off point, which is a packed grocery store. Cool stuff UPS. I can't hate on Costco for taking so long (they were all eligible for 2-day delivery) but I should have guessed delivery would wind up being a bad idea. In an hour-long queue to talk to customer service about canceling the rest of the order.

Do you have a UPS My Choice account? Had you specified an alternate delivery location?

Hed
Mar 31, 2004

Fun Shoe

Squashy Nipples posted:

I also really like some of the RD store brand products, now there is something that you can't buy at church.

A friend of mine has a pizza shop, and he makes a killing selling the RD store brand french fries.

Are those the Big-C ones? I’ve been debating giving them a try.

Bloodplay it again
Aug 25, 2003

Oh, Dee, you card. :-*

astral posted:

Do you have a UPS My Choice account? Had you specified an alternate delivery location?

The issue is that UPS is getting paid to deliver these to our place, not to another dropoff spot after 0 delivery attempts. I do have a UPS MyChoice account but the shipment is under my girlfriend's name and I can't change the location, not that it matters anymore because it is currently sitting at a Kroger. My issue is less with Costco's online setup and more with delivery companies getting paid to deliver stuff to the wrong address. The entire point of doing an online grocery order was to not go to a packed grocery store, so UPS not attempting delivery (we're both working from home) and instead taking it to a grocery store 3x as busy as usual sure sucks.

E: want some bitchin sauce and also I found a receipt from June 2018 today as proof we bought naanwiches. I miss naanwiches.

Bloodplay it again fucked around with this message at 00:36 on Apr 15, 2020

Cowslips Warren
Oct 29, 2005

What use had they for tricks and cunning, living in the enemy's warren and paying his price?

Grimey Drawer
Why IS the Costco website so bad?

bird with big dick
Oct 21, 2015

BaseballPCHiker posted:

To the people who insist on flushing the "flushable" wipes.

Enjoy your higher property taxes in the coming years as your towns public works department has to pay to dig up streets and rip up and replace sewers and upgrade water treatment plants because you're to dumb to ignore good advice.

Headed to church today. Havent bought gas in close to a month, going to fill up and try and get some eggs and Fage yogurt.

I’m a job creator.

BaseballPCHiker
Jan 16, 2006

Went yesterday after work. Gas was $1.35 which is the cheapest I've seen around. Finally picked up some Bitchin Sauce and its as great as everyone has mentioned, they only had the chipolte flavor but its really good.

Store was pretty empty, they're counting the number of customers they'll allow in at once now, my store had a cap at 120. Still no toilet paper of hand sanitizer but everything else was in stock.

GORDON
Jan 1, 2006

by Fluffdaddy
I was finally able to buy chicken breasts/thighs/boneless thighs. It had been about a month.

Also don't flush your wipes into a sewer system, christ.

Pennywise the Frown
May 10, 2010

Upset Trowel
I have no idea what I'm going to do today. Probably drink a ton of caffeine so I can accomplish at least something.

I'm going to make tacos tonight. Just regular stuff with the packet of seasoning and hard shells from the store. I like lettuce on them but I'm not going to buy a whole head of lettuce for a few tacos.

toplitzin
Jun 13, 2003

Our costco (Durham, NC) still has lines out past the tire center and propane tank.

All i want are some meats, eggs, coffee, cream, and dog food.

Alan Smithee
Jan 4, 2005

A man becomes preeminent, he's expected to have enthusiasms.

Enthusiasms, enthusiasms...

toplitzin posted:

Our costco (Durham, NC) still has lines out past the tire center and propane tank.

Go before closing

pnumoman
Sep 26, 2008

I never get the last word, and it makes me very sad.

foonykins posted:

My girlfriend went there last week (on this thread's very reccomendation!) and they had a sign at the door stating that they do not have stock of ANY toilet paper so it people mightve gotten privvy to it at this point.

But holy gently caress the huge, commercial boxes of eggs, meats, fish, and cheeses made my heart flutter when she got home. PBUC.

The business center in Hackensack, NJ still has the commercial use jumbo TP rolls in stock, and afaik never ran out of stock on them, despite what the sign out front says. Still in stock today and the sign out front said no toilet paper. So if you're near Bergen County NJ and you desperately need TP from a Costco, go get yourself a box of these:

Edit: forgot to say where you can find them in there; waaaay in the back corner, in the farthest reaches of the frozen food section.

shovelbum
Oct 21, 2010

Fun Shoe

toplitzin posted:

you dont need costco when u have heavenly buffalos right there

Alan Smithee
Jan 4, 2005

pnumoman posted:

The business center in Hackensack, NJ still has the commercial use jumbo TP rolls in stock, and afaik never ran out of stock on them, despite what the sign out front says. Still in stock today and the sign out front said no toilet paper. So if you're near Bergen County NJ and you desperately need TP from a Costco, go get yourself a box of these:

Edit: forgot to say where you can find them in there; waaaay in the back corner, in the farthest reaches of the frozen food section.

I'd rather wipe with a motorized shoe shiner than industrial tp

toplitzin
Jun 13, 2003

shovelbum posted:

you dont need costco when u have heavenly buffalos right there

As much as I wish I could, I cannot subsist on wings alone.
I need sanders salted caramel chocolate bites.

pnumoman
Sep 26, 2008

I never get the last word, and it makes me very sad.

Alan Smithee posted:

I mean, no argument from me. But I have to imagine some people might just get that desperate.

Lobsterboy
Aug 18, 2003

start smoking (what's up, gold?)

Manuel Calavera posted:

The Meijer is good at least. I only hit the Kroger when I have coupons. lol
I'll have to look for this sourdough. Especially for the next two weeks when I've got a few days of, using PLT because we're not super busy at the hospital, yet.

yeah the meijer at 23/polaris is solid, thats on my way home from work so also very convenient (lol for whenever we actually go back to work). Last time I was there we got 2 huge things of cat litter and I havent see any in a store since for some reason. I assume its 'roni related but I hope people are not pooping into cat litter.

Anyways, still churning through our supply of costco snacks. They had a 15oz bag of Sahale tangerine vanilla cashew-macadamia mix that is just fantastic, and we have another box of lime lacroix unopened. bulk shopping best shopping.

Inspector 34
Mar 9, 2009

DOES NOT RESPECT THE RUN

BUT THEY WILL

Alan Smithee posted:

Go before closing

Well duh, they don't let people in after closing

Tiny Timbs
Sep 6, 2008

Alan Smithee posted:

I swear they wax that poo poo so it's extra nonabsorbent

bird with big dick
Oct 21, 2015

We made fajitas using Costco NY strip loin last night and they were delicious. Kenji's marinade is the best.

https://www.seriouseats.com/recipes/2013/06/grilled-skirt-steak-fajitas-food-lab-recipe.html

1/2 cup (120ml) soy sauce
1/2 cup (120ml) lime juice, from 6 to 8 limes
1/2 cup (120ml) canola oil
1/4 cup (55g) packed brown sugar
2 teaspoons ground cumin seed
2 teaspoons freshly ground black pepper
1 tablespoon chili powder (see note)
3 medium cloves garlic, finely minced (about 1 tablespoon)

bird with big dick
Oct 21, 2015

I haven’t gotten my Trump bux yet I hope I get them soon as I was planning on using them to purchase Costco meat products.

DeadFatDuckFat
Oct 29, 2012

This avatar brought to you by the 'save our dead gay forums' foundation.

Ya'll think we might see some meat shortages at Costco with all the packing plants shutting down?

bird with big dick
Oct 21, 2015

I wonder if stuff like this means every grocery store in the country has three less Smithfield ham products or of it means every grocery store within a 400 mile radius of that particular meat packer has zero Smithfield anything. I would guess closer to the former so it'll probably result in less product on the shelves nationwide but probably not the type of thing your average shopper would notice unless a lot more plants shut down. But I'm just spitballin here.

I wish I had gotten some pork shoulders or maybe a brisket to smoke, working from home all day it's perfect to get up every once in a while and check on the smoker.

phosdex
Dec 16, 2005

DeadFatDuckFat posted:

Ya'll think we might see some meat shortages at Costco with all the packing plants shutting down?

I think for sure we're going to see them. I was at the grocery store and then Costco today. Grocery store was already out of its normal ground beef packages. And Costco was out of those 5 1lb packs.

MisterOblivious
Mar 17, 2010

by sebmojo
No tp, no eggs, no tortillas, no ground beef, and that was using the healthcare worker early shopping hour.

spacebard
Jan 1, 2007

Football~

Lobsterboy posted:

yeah the meijer at 23/polaris is solid, thats on my way home from work so also very convenient (lol for whenever we actually go back to work). Last time I was there we got 2 huge things of cat litter and I havent see any in a store since for some reason. I assume its 'roni related but I hope people are not pooping into cat litter.

Anyways, still churning through our supply of costco snacks. They had a 15oz bag of Sahale tangerine vanilla cashew-macadamia mix that is just fantastic, and we have another box of lime lacroix unopened. bulk shopping best shopping.

I miss being 5 minutes from there and that Costco. The Easton Costco is awful, crowded, and I haven't seen panda-brand pot stickers in months. It wasn't that bad when I went for supplies and communion today around noon. Got more mango juice, booze, fruit, and snacks.

shovelbum
Oct 21, 2010

Fun Shoe

toplitzin posted:

oh hey have you seen many people with masks out and about in NC? I want to know when the plague is bad enough that I can acceptably go out in my full face painting respirator that I use to like wash engines down with heavy solvents

Crusty Nutsack
Apr 21, 2005

SUCK LASER, COPPERS

I ordered a 45-roll pack of TP from Sam's Club because it was in stock online the other day

suck it, Costco's lovely website :boom:

Alan Smithee
Jan 4, 2005

are people seeing lysol/sani at all?

Alan Smithee
Jan 4, 2005

Inspector 34 posted:

Well duh, they don't let people in after closing

dad I will gently caress you up

Jingleheimer
Mar 30, 2006

Crusty Nutsack posted:

I ordered a 45-roll pack of TP from Sam's Club because it was in stock online the other day

suck it, Costco's lovely website :boom:

I can't believe that Costco still hasn't noticed that it is the 21st century, and it is entirely possible to make a website that isn't total garbage. And the really sad part about that is that the website is way better than it was 5 years ago.

bird with big dick
Oct 21, 2015

Is there a Costco vs population density heatmap that accounts for Sam's club locations also I'm thinking about moving and would like to move to a location that has a high Costco per capita ratio.

SilvergunSuperman
Aug 7, 2010

Jingleheimer posted:

I can't believe that Costco still hasn't noticed that it is the 21st century, and it is entirely possible to make a website that isn't total garbage. And the really sad part about that is that the website is way better than it was 5 years ago.

Walmart canada also has a shockingly inept website, had to double check it wasn't geocities.

FogHelmut
Dec 18, 2003

bird with big dick posted:

Is there a Costco vs population density heatmap that accounts for Sam's club locations also I'm thinking about moving and would like to move to a location that has a high Costco per capita ratio.

https://www.allstays.com/c/costco-locations-map.htm

FogHelmut
Dec 18, 2003

Is that the rack of pork? Those are fantastic. I cooked the whole rack last time, this time I broke up the ribs separate, then I cut the rest into 1-in chops.

BeastOfExmoor
Aug 19, 2003

I will be gone, but not forever.

DeadFatDuckFat posted:

It doesn't actually matter whether there is an actual shortage, the mere perception that there may be a shortage will cause people to buy more.

This whole thing is going to cause a bunch of really weird shortages over the next months or possibly even years as the work stoppages and slowdowns work their way through the supply chain.

GORDON
Jan 1, 2006

by Fluffdaddy
Are there seriously like 40 Costcos in the LA area?

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

astral
Apr 26, 2004

GORDON posted:

Are there seriously like 40 Costcos in the LA area?

Didn't help with the toilet paper shortages.