Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Tatsujin
Apr 26, 2004

:golgo:
EVERYONE EXCEPT THE HOT WOMEN
:golgo:

Fuzzy Mammal posted:

advice from a doctor friend of mine

oh yeah Ive had to go to the ER for asthma and I had to take my roommate once bc he went into diabetic shock and each time it was like dont take us to the nearest hospital it loving sucks take me to the not lovely one

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

French Canadian
Feb 23, 2004

Fluffy cat sensory experience
I'm in a teams meeting rn

President Beep
Apr 30, 2009

i have to have a car because otherwise i cant drive around the country solving mysteries while being doggedly pursued by federal marshals for a crime i did not commit (9/11)

French Canadian posted:

I'm in a teams meeting rn

add me as a guest. i have important information to share.

Kenny Logins
Jan 11, 2011

EVERY MORNING I WAKE UP AND OPEN PALM SLAM A WHITE WHALE INTO THE PEQUOD. IT'S HELL'S HEART AND RIGHT THEN AND THERE I STRIKE AT THEE ALONGSIDE WITH THE MAIN CHARACTER, ISHMAEL.

President Beep posted:

man i just hope they get moving on the airbnb stimulus soon!
canada had a great response to airbnb imo

https://twitter.com/kennethlogins/status/1246440170313916423?s=21

French Canadian
Feb 23, 2004

Fluffy cat sensory experience

President Beep posted:

add me as a guest. i have important information to share.

it's about electric bicycles so we should probably invite shaggar too

Kenny Logins
Jan 11, 2011

EVERY MORNING I WAKE UP AND OPEN PALM SLAM A WHITE WHALE INTO THE PEQUOD. IT'S HELL'S HEART AND RIGHT THEN AND THERE I STRIKE AT THEE ALONGSIDE WITH THE MAIN CHARACTER, ISHMAEL.

French Canadian posted:

it's about electric bicycles so we should probably invite shaggar too
remember this lil’ laff when you’re on minute 196 of how big the shed for them should be

President Beep
Apr 30, 2009

i have to have a car because otherwise i cant drive around the country solving mysteries while being doggedly pursued by federal marshals for a crime i did not commit (9/11)

Uptime Sinclair posted:

remember this lil’ laff when you’re on minute 196 of how big the shed for them should be

u fucker now you're triggering me too. i immediately thought about our setback regulations based on accessory building size

:tizzy:

Corla Plankun
May 8, 2007

improve the lives of everyone

echinopsis posted:

come move to nz and work bleep bloops here

arent nz borders literally closed rn? id love to change countries rn but i dont think anywhere good would have me

fart simpson
Jul 2, 2005
Probation
Can't post for 6 hours!
wow, trump just said if you cash out your trump bux you have to vote for him

Cat Face Joe
Feb 20, 2005

goth vegan crossfit mom who vapes

fart simpson posted:

he absolutely floated this as legally binding

Farmer Crack-Ass
Jan 2, 2001

this is me posting irl
lol as if anything the president says matters

Kenny Logins
Jan 11, 2011

Farmer Crack-rear end posted:

lol as if anything the president says matters

Cosa Nostra Aetate
Jan 1, 2019

Farmer Crack-rear end posted:

lol as if anything matters

SO DEMANDING
Dec 27, 2003

*valley girl voice*

big shtick energy
May 27, 2004

echinopsis posted:

come move to nz and work bleep bloops here

that graph measures disease prevalence in the small subpopulation which has been tested. disease prevalence in the rest of the population is still somewhat unknown but 3-5% of the population as of a week or two ago is a decent estimate.

Kenny Logins
Jan 11, 2011

https://twitter.com/kennethlogins/status/1250456565095837697?s=21

Arcteryx Anarchist
Sep 15, 2007

Fun Shoe

its funny how much all this poo poo works and really everything has been a farce for the past 240+ years

Kenny Logins
Jan 11, 2011

it’s hosed up that i have gone from getting mad at kac for lying on behalf of the president to getting mad at her for so ruthlessly bodying his base in public

H.P. Hovercraft
Jan 12, 2004

one thing a computer can do that most humans can't is be sealed up in a cardboard box and sit in a warehouse
Slippery Tilde

fart simpson posted:

lol good thing we made too much money last year to get any trumpbux

qirex
Feb 15, 2001

lancemantis posted:

its funny how much all this poo poo works and really everything has been a farce for the past 240+ years

nothing in our development as a species or as a culture could prepare us for lies being continuously broadcast at you every waking second, we don't have good defenses against that

TerminalRaptor
Nov 6, 2012

Mostly Harmless

lancemantis posted:

I'm sure as hell not getting smarter as I get older. It's just so confusing as to why everyone else seems to be getting dumber.

TerminalRaptor
Nov 6, 2012

Mostly Harmless
It's like that episode of Futurama, The Day The Earth Stood Stupid.

rotor
Jun 11, 2001

classic case of pineapple derangement syndrome

qirex posted:

nothing in our development as a species or as a culture could prepare us for lies being continuously broadcast at you every waking second, we don't have good defenses against that

this is the thing. Propaganda works, and it even works on you.

power botton
Nov 2, 2011

yes but only Russian propaganda.

Arcteryx Anarchist
Sep 15, 2007

Fun Shoe

power botton posted:

same but unironically :getin:

Roosevelt
Jul 18, 2009

I'm looking for the man who shot my paw.

Uptime Sinclair posted:

it’s hosed up that i have gone from getting mad at kac for lying on behalf of the president to getting mad at her for so ruthlessly bodying his base in public

dr. fauci is getting death threats from chuds because he's not in total lockstep with president augustus gloop. that's how dumb things are now.

Stereotype
Apr 24, 2010

College Slice
I thought webex was bad, but now I have to use Microsoft Lync for a project and it is somehow worse.

Arcteryx Anarchist
Sep 15, 2007

Fun Shoe

Roosevelt posted:

dr. fauci is getting death threats from chuds because he's not in total lockstep with president augustus gloop. that's how dumb things are now.

our very own Lysenkoism

Archduke Frantz Fanon
Sep 7, 2004

Stereotype posted:

I thought webex was bad, but now I have to use Microsoft Lync for a project and it is somehow worse.

lync is terrible. we got slack but some co workers refuse to move off lync

Agile Vector
May 21, 2007

scrum bored

Stereotype posted:

you mean communicator skype for business

Asleep Style
Oct 20, 2010

I thought Lync was Skype now

Agile Vector
May 21, 2007

scrum bored

the process is still called lync and all they did was add a skype skin, its an amazing app in its sheer laziness

Stereotype
Apr 24, 2010

College Slice
Yeah its a skype link but then it opens up the Lync Web App and it is impossible to use and for some reason wont put sound over my headphones

Sagebrush
Feb 26, 2012

power botton posted:

there's an old joke from the soviet union that the only difference between russian propaganda and american propaganda is that the americans believe it.

syntaxrigger
Jul 7, 2011

Actually you owe me 6! But who's countin?

Uptime Sinclair posted:

who is kac? I tried to use context clues but people lying for pissbaby is a pretty big set of ppl.

Crusader
Apr 11, 2002

writing a user story even though that's not my role and feels weird

Broken Machine
Oct 22, 2010

syntaxrigger posted:

who is kac? I tried to use context clues but people lying for pissbaby is a pretty big set of ppl.

kellyanne conway

power botton
Nov 2, 2011

Crusader posted:

writing a user story even though that's not my role and feels weird

one of the guys we just fired went all in on the personas and user stories things.

"As an active directory admin, I click this button and I'm delighted to see the complete membership of the specified group"

I kept telling him he's embarrassing me in front of all my friends and cut it out but he kept doing it. the first PM ive ever worked with who really took that poo poo to heart.

qirex
Feb 15, 2001

"delight" is up there with "engagement" in the "bs words that people who don't actually know anything about user experience but want to make it think like they do" power ranking

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

echinopsis
Apr 13, 2004

by Fluffdaddy
the person i work with who was gonna break quarantine ended up doing so and was caught by the cops and is probably gonna get fired

it’s usually very hard to get fired in nz but she purposely stayed as a non-employee this whole time. she was always so casual about losing her job and working somewhere else but this is such a different time.

she might be hosed