Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Cold on a Cob
Feb 6, 2006

i've seen so much, i'm going blind
and i'm brain dead virtually

College Slice

Lutha Mahtin posted:

goons have never encountered actual theology, example 3948472819

lol bad jokes in a bad joke forum oh nooooooooo

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Soricidus
Oct 21, 2010
freedom-hating statist shill

Lutha Mahtin posted:

goons have never encountered actual theology, example 3948472819

sir, this is a yospos

appropriate topics of theological debate would be things like: sure, christ was nailed to a tree for our sins, but was it a red-black tree or an avl tree? or: can we model the nature of the Son as multiple inheritance?

haveblue
Aug 15, 2005

Toilet Rascal
jesus conforms to the father, son, and holy ghost protocols

Soricidus
Oct 21, 2010
this whole thing where jesus == god and father == god but jesus != father is some plang level bullshit let me tell you

Agile Vector
May 21, 2007

scrum bored

please if you want to discuss this open a rfc (request for christ) with the internet ecclesiastical task force

Ornamental Dingbat
Feb 26, 2007

Adam should never have upgraded to Apple

haveblue
Aug 15, 2005

Toilet Rascal

Soricidus posted:

this whole thing where jesus == god and father == god but jesus != father is some plang level bullshit let me tell you

this is why you never use jesuscript

Carthag Tuek
Oct 15, 2005

Tider skal komme,
tider skal henrulle,
slægt skal følge slægters gang

vatican 2.0

zetamind2000
Nov 6, 2007

I'm an alien.

The Microscope Puzzle is one of the most popular versions of Ataxx. The player faces off with the AI in the game, in this case the antagonist "Stauf", who is incredibly difficult to beat—all the while laughing and ridiculing the player with phrases like "Ooooooooo Baaaaaaaad Mooooooooove," and "We'll all be dead by the time you solve this!" If the player makes a particularly successful move, Stauf yells "Curses!"

Lutha Mahtin
Oct 10, 2010

Your brokebrain sin is absolved...go and shitpost no more!

Soricidus posted:

the "javascript versus the trinity" meme is actually really funny. i explained it to my dad, an actual pastor, and he lol'd

H.P. Hovercraft
Jan 12, 2004

one thing a computer can do that most humans can't is be sealed up in a cardboard box and sit in a warehouse
Slippery Tilde

overmind2000 posted:

The Microscope Puzzle is one of the most popular versions of Ataxx. The player faces off with the AI in the game, in this case the antagonist "Stauf", who is incredibly difficult to beat—all the while laughing and ridiculing the player with phrases like "Ooooooooo Baaaaaaaad Mooooooooove," and "We'll all be dead by the time you solve this!" If the player makes a particularly successful move, Stauf yells "Curses!"

Game actions are communicated through two voices, one of the besieged Battlesat1 computer and the other of the Virus itself. The computer said phrases like "Help me. We are running out of time." while the Virus mocked the computer and the players. One would inevitably hear "You human scum" or "You fools" in a gratingly smug voice at some point during the game. The Virus also enjoyed inter-player attacks: "Green is attacking yellow. What fun! Green, take your best shot."

goblin week
Jan 26, 2019

Absolute clown.

Grassy Knowles
Apr 4, 2003

"The original Terminator was a gritty fucking AMAZING piece of sci-fi. Gritty fucking rock-hard MURDER!"
how is that not time cube

zetamind2000
Nov 6, 2007

I'm an alien.

i'm Subsym Be

prefect
Sep 11, 2001

No one, Woodhouse.
No one.

Dead Man’s Band
Movie critic Robin Wood was enthusiastic about the film, calling it "the greatest film about race ever made in Hollywood."[5] In Leonard Maltin's annual publication Leonard Maltin's Movie Guide, the film is ranked as a "BOMB" and dismissed with the word "Stinko!"[6]

Jonny 290
May 5, 2005

[ASK] me about OS/2 Warp

prefect posted:

Movie critic Robin Wood was enthusiastic about the film, calling it "the greatest film about race ever made in Hollywood."[5] In Leonard Maltin's annual publication Leonard Maltin's Movie Guide, the film is ranked as a "BOMB" and dismissed with the word "Stinko!"[6]

stop posting reviews of Crash tia

Jonny 290
May 5, 2005

[ASK] me about OS/2 Warp
On the final hole, Romeo tells Roy that he's down to his last ball and will be disqualified if he loses it. Actually, both PGA rules & USGA rules allow you get more balls from any source, including other players or from the crowd, but it has to be exactly the same type of ball, e.g., if you use a Titleist Pro V1x, you can't use a Titleist Pro V1, and you can't cause a lengthy delay or you may be subject to a 2-stroke penalty for delay of play.[6][7] You can also borrow tees, gloves, towels, but you can't get a club from another player. You also can't ask for advice from any source other than your own caddy. You can receive advice, but you can't continually do so from the same source, which prevents a player from being disqualified simply because somebody in the crowd or another player offers unsolicited advice once; however, the player giving advice to the other player would incur a 2-stroke penalty.[8][9] You can replace a broken club with one from your own stock in the clubhouse or in your vehicle, or fix it, or continue using it if usable or simply do without it, so long as the club is broken in the normal course of play. It can even be replaced with another type of club, e.g., a wedge for a driver.[10]

prefect
Sep 11, 2001

No one, Woodhouse.
No one.

Dead Man’s Band

Jonny 290 posted:

On the final hole, Romeo tells Roy that he's down to his last ball and will be disqualified if he loses it. Actually, both PGA rules & USGA rules allow you get more balls from any source, including other players or from the crowd, but it has to be exactly the same type of ball, e.g., if you use a Titleist Pro V1x, you can't use a Titleist Pro V1, and you can't cause a lengthy delay or you may be subject to a 2-stroke penalty for delay of play.[6][7] You can also borrow tees, gloves, towels, but you can't get a club from another player. You also can't ask for advice from any source other than your own caddy. You can receive advice, but you can't continually do so from the same source, which prevents a player from being disqualified simply because somebody in the crowd or another player offers unsolicited advice once; however, the player giving advice to the other player would incur a 2-stroke penalty.[8][9] You can replace a broken club with one from your own stock in the clubhouse or in your vehicle, or fix it, or continue using it if usable or simply do without it, so long as the club is broken in the normal course of play. It can even be replaced with another type of club, e.g., a wedge for a driver.[10]

is this about "tin cup"?

Sagebrush
Feb 26, 2012

why can't you give or receive advice? what a stupid sport

Jonny 290
May 5, 2005

[ASK] me about OS/2 Warp

prefect posted:

is this about "tin cup"?

yeah lol

prefect
Sep 11, 2001

No one, Woodhouse.
No one.

Dead Man’s Band

i'm embarrassed that i guessed correctly :blush:

(i was way too into golf for a while in the '90s)

Jonny 290
May 5, 2005

[ASK] me about OS/2 Warp
I have enjoyed strolling around a lovely public par3 with a couple of clubs now and then but the land use is no longer justifiable to me. i feel ya

Midjack
Dec 24, 2007

The following list is for Japanese anime only. The list covers broadcasts after 26 September 1977. Video Research had previously recorded an episode of the 1960s Astro Boy anime that earned a 40.3% rating.[120]

goddamnedtwisto
Dec 31, 2004

If you ask me about the mole people in the London Underground, I WILL be forced to kill you
Fun Shoe
not worthless, but lol at this rejected-by-a-bob-hope-movie thing that happened:

In the Peking to Paris race of 1907, the first to arrive in Paris was Prince Scipione Borghese, an Italian aristocrat. He was accompanied by Luigi Barzini, a journalist who worked for The Daily Telegraph, and a valet, Ettore, who acted as his mechanic and traveled with a supply of Lanson champagne. The prince was so confident of winning that he took a detour of several hundred miles from Moscow to St Petersburg for a dinner in honour of the team, and afterwards headed back to Moscow and rejoined the race. Their chief rival was Charles Goddard, a fairground worker and con artist who, until he learned of the race from a scrap of newspaper he found blowing in the wind, had never sat in a motor car and who was arrested for fraud as he approached the finishing line.

Carthag Tuek
Oct 15, 2005

Tider skal komme,
tider skal henrulle,
slægt skal følge slægters gang

Sagebrush posted:

why can't you give or receive advice? what a stupid sport

im guessing cause theres no official timeout system, it would end up with a bunch of dads in the shade nodding and pointing and nothing would happen

802.11weed
May 9, 2007

no

goddamnedtwisto posted:

not worthless, but lol at this rejected-by-a-bob-hope-movie thing that happened:

In the Peking to Paris race of 1907, the first to arrive in Paris was Prince Scipione Borghese, an Italian aristocrat. He was accompanied by Luigi Barzini, a journalist who worked for The Daily Telegraph, and a valet, Ettore, who acted as his mechanic and traveled with a supply of Lanson champagne. The prince was so confident of winning that he took a detour of several hundred miles from Moscow to St Petersburg for a dinner in honour of the team, and afterwards headed back to Moscow and rejoined the race. Their chief rival was Charles Goddard, a fairground worker and con artist who, until he learned of the race from a scrap of newspaper he found blowing in the wind, had never sat in a motor car and who was arrested for fraud as he approached the finishing line.

the past is wild

haveblue
Aug 15, 2005

Toilet Rascal
until a few years ago golf allowed the audience, including the television audience at home, to act as a referee and call in to point out penalties the officials missed, even long after the infraction happened and after scores were finalized. they only changed this when it cost someone a tournament

H.P. Hovercraft
Jan 12, 2004

one thing a computer can do that most humans can't is be sealed up in a cardboard box and sit in a warehouse
Slippery Tilde
lol that rules

i would love to be able to own a sportsman from my living room by basically shouting at the tv

Pakled
Aug 6, 2011

WE ARE SMART
https://youtube.com/watch?v=_yNDJH_FyN4

goblin week
Jan 26, 2019

Absolute clown.
The northern quoll (Dasyurus hallucatus), also known as the northern native cat, the North Australian native cat, the satanellus or the njanmak (in the indigenous Mayali language, djabo'' in Kunwinjku[3][4] in is a carnivorous marsupial native to Australia. Kunwinjku people of Western Arnhem Land regard djabo as "good tucker".[5][6] The hair is singed, the gut is removed (but not the heart or liver) and the cavity packed with bush herbs. It is roasted on hot rocks in a hole.

Lutha Mahtin
Oct 10, 2010

Your brokebrain sin is absolved...go and shitpost no more!

H.P. Hovercraft posted:

lol that rules

i would love to be able to own a sportsman from my living room by basically shouting at the tv

you can't do it from home but the Ryder Cup lets fans heckle the players and it kicks rear end, players get annoyed and yell back at the hecklers. one time some players even challenged a random dude because he kept saying "you can't make that putt"

https://youtu.be/98Wi_f6in28

Soricidus
Oct 21, 2010
i sure am glad wikipedia has responsible content policies, it would be awkward if searching for something completely innocuous could instantly display images that are highly inappropriate in many contexts even if you don't open the article

:nws:

go play outside Skyler
Nov 7, 2005

Soricidus posted:

i sure am glad wikipedia has responsible content policies, it would be awkward if searching for something completely innocuous could instantly display images that are highly inappropriate in many contexts even if you don't open the article

bUt KnOwLeDgE sHoUlD bE FrEe

Dixie Cretin Seaman
Jan 22, 2008

all hat and one catte
Hot Rope Guy

Soricidus posted:

fired from the teabag factory

Cold on a Cob
Feb 6, 2006

i've seen so much, i'm going blind
and i'm brain dead virtually

College Slice
tea is stored in the balls

haveblue
Aug 15, 2005

Toilet Rascal
hey at least it wasn't a photo

Dixie Cretin Seaman
Jan 22, 2008

all hat and one catte
Hot Rope Guy

Cold on a Cob posted:

tea is stored in the balls

Midjack
Dec 24, 2007

haveblue posted:

hey at least it wasn't a photo

somebody had to draw that

Parahexavoctal
Oct 10, 2004

I AM NOT BEING PAID TO CORRECT OTHER PEOPLE'S POSTS! DONKEY!!

Midjack posted:

somebody had to draw that

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Seedfeeder

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Midjack
Dec 24, 2007

o7