Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Jossar
Apr 2, 2018

Current status: Angry about subs :argh:
Well, that seems pretty strongly in favor of getting rid of the Negative trait.

Other things to know:

- I don't know if negative traits come back in the future, but if they do, their choice will be discussed in much more detail with the thread. Trying to use them as a means of handicapping myself was not interesting to watch or to play and that is first and foremost the goal of the LP.
- I forgot to mention it in the update, but Berlin picked up Druidic Traditions at some point along the line. Probably from the Neanderthals? I don't plan on adopting it as my state religion because the majority of my other cities (particularly Persepolis and Karakorum) don't have access to the sources of agricultural resources needed to make it really worth it compared to later religions, but it's nice to note that cultural/religious spread is taking place.

Jossar fucked around with this message at 20:51 on Apr 12, 2020

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

sincx
Jul 13, 2012

furiously masturbating to anime titties

sincx fucked around with this message at 06:12 on Mar 23, 2021

Seraphic Neoman
Jul 19, 2011

It woulda been okay if we didn't take Civilized as well, because the two basically cancel each other out.

Jossar
Apr 2, 2018

Jossar’s Playthrough – Ancient 3

Before and after pictures for removing Covetous. Gold income is barely affected, while Science income jumps up 30 points. The offscreen improvements are probably the most powerful though. It isn’t as easily conveyed from screenshots, but a lot of cities are going to culture expand/jump up in population this update.

Miscellaneous small islands to the west are explored. They’re all pretty much like this though. Aren’t there supposed to be another 4-5 civilizations? Where are they all hiding?

The Neanderthals convert to Druidic Traditions, which is probably a good sign that my guess in between the update was right that they were the ones to have discovered it. I do intend to pick up a religion this update (although not convert just yet), but as stated before – most of my cities won’t benefit from the bonuses that Druidic Traditions specializes in.

Stargazing is mostly useful for the Stargazing Hut, which I will be building a lot of to ensure science production remains topped off and that my cities don’t fall too far behind on Education production. A lot of the more intelligence based stats start to fall up if you don’t pay attention to Education, even if it’s less immediately apparent than Disease and Crime.

Metal Casting lets us build a lot of new and shiny metal ingots out of our metal deposits, but most importantly comes with the Forge, a building that gives a very large number of hammers and can only be built in cities Size 6 or larger.

Tenduk completes the Hill of Tara. It’s nice for those cities that don’t have a Chief’s Hut yet, but is mostly going to be joining the list of “wonders I built because they were relatively cheap and gave culture/GPP.”

The Lascaux Cave Paintings wonder in Berlin is a little more generally useful, giving a Culture boost whenever a Great Person is born in that city.

Now that we’re getting some money from all the ingot smelters, I continue the process of settling the Southern Continent. I probably have Iron elsewhere, but it’s nice to know that there’s a supply of it here in Ongiin.

A Great Doctor is born in Karakorum, destined to be Golden Age fuel when needed. In fact, at this point I’m going to stop commenting on them unless I plan to use them for something else.

Well, the German invasion sort of shattered my hopes for the practical use of Elephant Riders in the short term, but at least I can show these guys off. They’re a better form of Worker who are particularly effective when making improvements in Jungles.

This is interesting, a Quest to build Forges. Well, I was already planning on doing so and at the rate my cities are growing I should qualify long before the Renaissance, so all should be well.

I realize that I overestimated culture spread back on the main continent. A new city is constructed to fill that gap. What is very important to know is, especially with 2 population, these new cities are getting comparable industrial bases to the older cities at a much, much faster rate than they used to. The former capitals, especially Karakorum, are always going to be comparatively larger, but some of the 2nd wave cities are starting to hit middle digit population numbers.

Trade is very good. It unlocks a whole bunch of buildings that give you a massive gold income along with several civics that mostly focus on the same. I pop a Golden Age and switch over.

I haven’t been that big on Cultures so far, mostly because a lot of the ones I’ve theoretically unlocked are nevertheless trapped behind weird or advanced requirements. The Ainu are the first culture I’ve found to be worth building and I’ll be using them to demonstrate the capacities of Culture heroes/Warlords.

Persepolis builds this wonder as a crime fighting stopgap. Yes, I know about all the other benefits, but at the time I was thinking “man, I really need to build something to fix the city’s crime rate.”

I found Suurin at the eastern edge of the Southeast continent. I dunno if it’s going to be the last city here, because I’ve overestimated culture spread before. But the problem is the deeper into the Southeastern Continent you go, the more it’s just ice and snow.

There’s also the matter of the barbarian city here. I hope to have it stop being a problem by the end of the update.

You know these are some very pretty graphics considering that I just seem to be throwing these things out like candy.

Anyways, Cultures can build a number of Hero units. These hero units can serve as decently powerful units on their own, based on decently high Strength and unique promotions which are very powerful compared to those of normal units. Unfortunately they are limited by being unique, meaning that you can’t combine them to make them stronger. But we can fix that…

By making the less powerful of our hero units a Warlord, combining him with a preexisting unit and granting it his abilities (or at least some bonuses).

We move the Hero unit, the Warlord unit, and one unit of maximally combined Obsidian Swordsmen down to the Barbarian city. The general weakness of the barbarians and the strength of these units is all it takes to destroy the city and free up Suurin's borders.

The destruction of the city also coincides with the founding my religion of choice: Andeanism. Science is key if we want to get through all these techs quickly, so I’m having my civilization follow one of the science-ier religions. Also if the Machu Picchu stuff still works the way it used to, you can do very silly things on the border of the world that let you speed up space development later on. That part got patched out though. Probably. Maybe.

(Techs not mentioned: Exploration, Equine Domestication, Irrigation, Negotiation, Sacrifice Cult, Caste System, Board Games, Ceremony, Priesthood, Dualism, Divination.)

Jossar fucked around with this message at 14:47 on Apr 13, 2020

Jossar
Apr 2, 2018

Jossar’s Playthrough – Ancient 4

Tenduk builds Petra, ensuring that all of those cities floating around can engage in even higher levels of trade.

The missionary spends his life to convert Tenduk, and a few more cities adopt Andeanism, I decide it’s worth it to convert, although I have to eat a few turns of anarchy in order to make the switch. Unfortunately, we’re going to have to rely on natural religious spread for a long while to come since you can’t build monasteries until Classical for some reason.

Tumulus are nice to build because the reduce War Unhappiness and generate culture. The Cahokia Mounds and the Serpent Mound make them much better at their job.

I settle Khogshin Teeliin on the off chance that if it takes longer than expected to get Seafaring, we can have a backdoor to the western part of the map. And if not, then it has the cool feature of being next to a meteor generated crater. I then send off the hero units to go on a campaign to get rid of the Barbarian Cities floating around to send some of their production back this way in the form of military captives.

It’s good to build the Great Sky Festival in Tenduk where its maintenance cost won’t really be a problem. I kinda wish I could concentrate some of the bonuses to troops more thoroughly, but it’s also nice to ensure that some level of competence exists throughout to ensure that troops aren’t too wildly disparate when you need to crank them out en masse.

It really cannot be understated how many small techs I’m going through at this point. Apiculture is at least noticeable because Candy Shops give a lot of money.

Masonry is important because it lets us build a lot of buildings, including some free tech wonders. The Civic is also pretty nifty too.

Khaidu finishes The Oracle and gets a free tech. I pick Fermentation mostly because it’s on the path to Seafaring. The beer buildings are nice, although I generally find them Sickness heavy relative to the benefits that I’m seeing at this point, and Sickness is starting to become something I have to worry about after a lot of the smelting buildings from earlier.

Sculpture is more of the same in the vein of Masonry, but you have to be really careful as to where you put the Sphinx and Pyramid if you want the free tech. Karakorum only has one more World Wonder slot at this point, and I have to save it for the Andeanism Holy City wonder any way, so I’ll be building these in Khaidu.

The island conquering campaign bears fruit as a city is captured that’s actually worth keeping. Harappa isn’t really in a great position strategically, but I’ll take a free city at this point as long as it’s Size 2 or above.

El Dorado is built in Beshbalik and this one’s kind of interesting. It’s only available to be built in an Andean city and produces a lot of gold both locally and throughout the civilization.

Cheomsangdae finishes, another free tech wonder that gives me access to Specialization. Really, the best part of this one is the civic. I finally have enough Great People for a golden age again so I pop it, and I suddenly see a massive population boom as a result.

Wrub takes insult to our worship of the sun instead of other parts of nature. I tell him to go away and he’s annoyed, but our generally good relations and his pacifistic nature mean that’s all that happens.

Oh hey, another new continent off in the distance there. We should be able to get to Seafaring to explore it soon enough.

The island hopping campaign culminates in the capture of the Neanderthal City of Arg. I’m tempted to go for Engis, but I figure I’d rather have them sit there as a barrier to the Romans for the time being.

The happiness is welcome, but this one’s really all about the free tech that comes when you have both it and the Pyramids in the same city.

Seafaring! I’ve been harping on this one for a while because in a game with this much water, and much of it being Sea rather than Ocean, it’s really important. Galleys and up can finally traverse Sea tiles without cultural border intervention. All our cities are now connected via trade routes. Beacons start to become a thing that I should think about investing in for their hammer and commerce bonuses, although to be honest most of the time it’s still better to farm an already resource-laden tile. I also get a civic that lets me annoy my neighbours by dumping my garbage into the ocean. It’s tempting, but I think I’ll hold back on it for now.

Part of me’s thinking about beelining for Classical at this point, but I also know there’s a lot more techs to go and I’ll regret not having more of them as a foundation for later techs. Something to think about, but at least we get to start exploring again.

(Techs not mentioned: Pulley, Textile Loom, Fungiculture, Bread Making, Orchards, Oil Lamps, Leisure, Sundial, Piracy, Locks)

sincx
Jul 13, 2012

Jossar
Apr 2, 2018

I know right? What the last few updates have been demonstrating is that C2C seems to be treating most of the World Wonders as "limitedly-buildable (4 per city) advanced city improvements". It's all very meh, although i'm expanding like crazy enough that i'll be able to build most of them. I should probably save room for ones in the future, but if need be i'm sure I can flood the map with cities. Doing it already (we're at 14 cities, I think?) even trying to keep them at a fair distance from each other. The name set is definitely going to run out before cities do.

Jossar fucked around with this message at 02:09 on Apr 14, 2020

Seraphic Neoman
Jul 19, 2011

Will Wrub praise the sun if we put enough cities across the map?

Jossar
Apr 2, 2018

It's not about cities on the map, it's about the religion spreading into his cities. It might be hard to ever drag him out of Druidic Traditions, since it's presumably already well spread among his cities and presumably he has the holy city. But that's a project for at least Classical, since as mentioned before we can't send out missionaries yet.

Jossar fucked around with this message at 05:50 on Apr 14, 2020

zetamind2000
Nov 6, 2007

I'm an alien.

Are we going to convert to another religion later on in the game? Not necessarily for the bonuses but because some of the religions far down the tech tree are hilarious.

zetamind2000 fucked around with this message at 05:23 on Apr 14, 2020

Jossar
Apr 2, 2018

We'll see. Honestly by that point it might be beneficial to just keep them all and not have a single state religion. I might need to do a reevaluation on what stuff I show off once we hit a certain point because things are finally starting to eclipse the original LP.

Also managed to play out the next update already, partially because it's much shorter timeline wise than the last two. But enough stuff happened that I can't afford to go light on pictures, so it's about the usual stopping point in that respect.

Banemaster
Mar 31, 2010
Following the turn count is enlightening. For example, last update covered about 100 turns.

Jossar
Apr 2, 2018

Jossar’s Playthrough – Ancient 5

Update Mood: ”Benny, bring me everyone.” “What do you mean ‘everyone’?” “EVERYONE!”

The Great Pyramids complete in Khaidu giving me a free tech due to the dual wonder bonus. I pick Bronze Making for the free tech. It comes with a lot of units and cultures, rounding out the Classical era melee tree, and a couple of civics which are all focused on military power which I choose not to adopt.

The island conquering campaign continues with Seafaring researched and Zapotec is captured.

Oh, our first new civilization in some time, located to the southwest of our newest city. Here’s Yunupingu of the Aboriginal Empire. This one’s kind of confusing because there’s multiple different people by the name Yunupingu all from the same family. I think it’s supposed to be Galarrwuy Yunupingu based on the portrait. Anyway, the Aborigines here aren’t doing too hot, being behind everyone including some of the minor civilizations.

Further exploration to the east, beyond the Neanderthals we discover Siam, a minor civilization roughly on par with Rome.

We generate a Great Prophet who is used to found the Holy City specific building in Karakorum. It gets more powerful the more cities worship Andeanism. Also I find out that it doesn’t take up a World Wonder spot despite looking like one, so I have room for one more in the city after all.

As you all know I’ve been condensing techs, but I’m running into the problem where I’m researching a lot of techs which have moderate effects but debatable enough as to whether I should include them. This is especially the case here in the mid-to-late Ancient Era. A good example of them is Ornamentation. It comes with a few new buildings, grants culture to a lot of small buildings, and sets up World Wonders to be completed further down the line with additional techs. Imagine this process repeated for food, hammers, and science on at least one occasion and you’ll get an idea as to what I’m not showing.

We meet Brennus of the Celts, though not positionally – we just run into one of his outriggers exploring the Siamese coast. Brennus has converted to Druidic Traditions (maybe he’s the one who researched it instead?) and isn’t too happy to see us. He asks us to convert later on. I may have been underestimating just how much not having a shared religion is annoying everyone else.

Shaka Zulu of the Zulu. Southeast of Siam. Another civilization that isn’t doing too hot for some reason.

A natural wonder is discovered during the course of our wanderings right between us, the Neanderthals, and the Siamese. Hot real estate, if I can actually bother to get a city out that far… apart from the fact that it’s next to a one tile island.

You know the deal, more World Wonders, more semi-impressive sounding but actually kind of underwhelming effects.

Here’s one that’s a little more impressive. +1 Population across the entirety of the civilization is still a lot and is only going to become an even bigger deal in the future.

Matriarchy is researched, giving me access to the Matriarchy civic, which I adopt. What you don’t see here is my civilization suddenly going into panic mode as Alpha Female and Alpha Male going obsolete raises Crime and Disease levels everywhere simultaneously. A lot of the remainder of this update in-game is spent running around doing major damage control. I later get Patriarchy and switch to its corresponding civic because the bonuses are mostly the same but ambiguously better.

Here’s Krakatoa. It’s out in the middle of the ocean and I have no idea how it ever becomes relevant. Also, I don’t have anywhere else to put it so it might as well go here: All the exploration is starting to cause a problem as goody hut villages are spawning war galleys and triremes and they’re starting to wreck coastal infrastructure. It’s never too bad, but it’s a consistent annoyance.

We discover Brennus’ actual location and next to him is King Canute of the Danes. Presumably trying to command the tides to get out of his way so he can be anywhere other than next to Brennus. This marks all but one of the original civilizations and probably all the minor ones at this point. The world suddenly became very full over the course of not even 100 turns!

Only one more festival until I unlock the powers of the Avatar! (No, this does not happen, though that’s where the wonder icon assets in the building screen are from.)

We finally hit the point at which if this game had all the victory conditions on, I would have won. But we ain’t stopping now.

Folk Medicine is a surprisingly innocuous tech which has a lot of powerful benefits to it – the next healer upgrade and higher levels of disease control. This and its follow up tech Soap Making are researched because I really need to stem the Disease flow badly.

The Colossus makes all of your water tiles wealthier. It’s a pretty good Wonder to build. Chichen Itza isn’t, but it’s there.

I try to settle a new city on the continent where Zapotec is, but doing so is getting pricey again. I recoup most of the costs a few turns later, but I’m done with settling for the time being.

We end this update with a marriage crisis. Not that it really means too much because our neighbours are decently entrenched in their geopolitical situation, but it’s sufficiently amusing to watch the fireworks go off. This update was a very jam packed set of turns, so I hope you'll pardon the image stuffing. Might start leaving out boring wonders in the future, but unlike the techs they at least look interesting so it's harder to justify.

(Techs not mentioned: Heritage, Linguistics, Gardening, Cuisine, Gears, Lead Working, Plumbing, Central Heating, Brass Working, Salt Processing.)

Jossar fucked around with this message at 14:19 on Apr 14, 2020

Seraphic Neoman
Jul 19, 2011

Where are we in the tech tree?

Jossar
Apr 2, 2018

We are here:

Further than it seems, but still a long way to go. Tbh there's a bunch of miscellaneous stuff left in Ancient Era and even a few Prehistorics, but I kinda want to rush over to Classical get a functioning Iron economy ASAP because i've been having problems setting up the Bronze supply chain for some reason.

Also after some more testing, I think converting the Neanderthals might be a lost cause: missionaries aren't stealth based, so without an Advanced Diplomacy feature you can't get an agreement to send them in. But even if I turned it on, I can't get the option to show. This might be because I didn't have Advanced Diplomacy on from the beginning, but the notifications seem to be working? I read somewhere (though it might be outdated) that it could be because a lot of diplomacy stuff is keyed to multiple parties having Writing (which is when the Minor Civs graduate to full civs, for instance) and everyone else is laughably far behind in the Ancient Era by comparison and will take many turns to get there. And of course, the Neanderthals are really annoyed at us for being heathens so even if we did leave them alone until they developed Writing they might not agree to it anyway.

To be fair, I kind of figured that we were going to have to plow through everyone eventually to obtain the full industrial capacity of the planet for maximum efficiency.

Seraphic Neoman
Jul 19, 2011

Hot drat almost at the next era hell yeah

Shame our Neanderthal friends won't see the light but oh well, let's do what we gotta do.

LJN92
Mar 5, 2014

I don't know if this was ever mentioned, but is it likely we'll encounter civilizations beyond our planet? Cause I know there's a space age and you can go to other planets, but is there any chance other civs spawned out there?

sincx
Jul 13, 2012

Telsa Cola
Aug 19, 2011

No... this is all wrong... this whole operation has just gone completely sidewaysface

LJN92 posted:

I don't know if this was ever mentioned, but is it likely we'll encounter civilizations beyond our planet? Cause I know there's a space age and you can go to other planets, but is there any chance other civs spawned out there?

I dont think he picked a map with space tiles, and no. Pretty much everything before the space age era has a marker that says "Earth tiles only" so nothing would have spawned.

Jossar
Apr 2, 2018

It's unlikely.

I won't say impossible. The barbarian spawning algorithm used to do stupid stuff like spawn really tiny cities out in space once you owned too much of the planet for them to generate on Earth. If they can still spawn out there (there are in fact space tiles on this map, I can even see one right now but it's pointless to show it off) it might be theoretically possible for one of those cities to eventually meet the threshhold requirement for graduating to a full civilization, particularly if they spawn late-game and have the adaptation techs that let them actually use the terrain. It would be very wacky though.

Jossar fucked around with this message at 03:56 on Apr 15, 2020

Randalor
Sep 4, 2011

That's a bit of a shame. It sounds like the biggest flaw of this mod is that the game ends long before you get to space. I wonder if they would be able to put in "alien" races that start off in space, and can't spawn on earth as a late-game thing to work towards.

Jossar
Apr 2, 2018

The "game" ends sometime in the next few eras if I have anything to say about it and basically becomes a simulationist sandbox from the Medieval/Renaissance Era onwards, so having stuff in space doesn't help for a decently long haul on Earth. But i'm willing to be generous and say that's a problem which regular Civilization has struggled with too so i'm not sure how the C2C devs can really fix that.

Another reason why alien civilizations might be a problem is because the game devours computer processing power as it is. Adding more things that have to be kept track of in the background is going to bring a lot of systems already struggling with the game to their knees.

Here, have an update:

Jossar’s Playthrough – Ancient 5 / Classical 1

We complete the quest of the Master Blacksmith and I get a free Engineer in Berlin. In retrospect the promotion for Swordsmen units might have been more worth it, but it was suitably situational enough that I felt the Engineer was better.

Writing is a tech which is simultaneously really useful and really annoying. A lot of the stuff that deals with actual diplomacy and espionage starts here. But it also tanks a good portion of your science production as a large number of buildings which used to be science and education focused either switch to culture or drop their bonuses entirely. Writing gives you the tools to build yourself back up in the form of Scriptoriums, science generation buildings, but it’s a decent amount of time spent behind the 8 ball.

Monarchy is going to give us access to a lot of wonders focused on Great General production and also a decent civic. Of course it’s a bit overshadowed by…

The transition to the Classical Era. No minor civilizations manage to scoop me to it this time (although I can see that a few are spawning somewhere off in the darkness), so I get a free tech for being the first to discover it.

As mentioned before, I pick up Iron Working straight away so I can upgrade these Obsidian Swordmen to Light Swordsmen. I’m starting something of an arms build up at this point because I want to go out and take some cities from opposing civilizations in the near-ish future. Only 1-2 cities focusing on it right now though.

Meditation comes a little bit too late to help with the conversion process as all my cities have adopted Andeanism through natural spread. But the monasteries are still nice for additional science and the civic’s pretty good too, allowing for a lot of increased GPP generation.

Okay Abu Simbel is kind of important even if the effects look boring. That reduction in maintenance can go a really long way in bringing some of the economy back up.

And there we go. Imagine another 2-3 of these with slightly different effects. It’s going to get pretty nuts eventually.

Ship building allows us to build better warship equivalents but the most powerful function here is really the Transport Troops promotion. One maximally combined Galley can now hold a lot of maximally combined troops at the cost of some strength.

Alphabet allows for the adoption of an entirely new type of civic. My panicking for the Matriarchy/Patriarchy fiasco has shored up the crime/disease preparation level of cities so Open Borders is the better choice here.

Oh hey, free tech Wonder. I pick up Mathematics, which has a few wonders which are really good for science and various engineering utility.

Likewise Military Training comes with more wonders for military production, the ability to build a generic Warlord unit and an improved education civic. This last one’s decently important because it lets some of my cities give extra promotions to military units from the very start.

And with that it’s already time for another trait vote.

(Techs not mentioned: Monotheism, Scriptures, Folk Music, Mummification, Currency.)

Jossar
Apr 2, 2018

Jossar’s Playthrough – 4th Trait Vote

A positive and a negative this time!

Positive

As I mentioned before, most of the best Positives at this point are those mono-focused on improving a facet of the Civilization (Food, Science, Commerce/Wealth, Hammers, Culture, etc.) However, Geshtal's comment about Strategist is now becoming increasingly relevant:

The game's been throwing enough GPP wonders and military infrastructure improvements at me that now's the time to consider gearing my economy entirely towards war and bulldozing at least a few of my closer neighbours (or at the very least Rome) and this would help maximize the bonuses from that. Not sure how much benefit we're gonna get out of the "fighting within borders" bit short term, but hunters are still floating around and definitely will be for future taken territory.

Negative

Okay last time didn't work out so well. Let's try this again with a bit more choice.

Negligent - Maximum Outward Focus - since we're going on the warpath anyway, I can afford to sacrifice a little bit of native military efficiency and when the bonuses start rolling in from Golden Ages it'll all be worth it. Plus look at all the maintenance reduction! It's a bit goofy, and I wouldn't recommend it if you're voting Strategist, but even if it doesn't work out perfectly the negatives aren't exceptionally awful especially since we're going to be on offense all the time.

Naive - Subtlety is Dead - Espionage is providing some conceptually interesting passive bonuses, but let's be honest, they kind of suck in practice. Just throw that part of the game out entirely in exchange for some minor bonuses, although we're also gonna take a research hit on techs associated with espionage. The Naive promotion is mostly about evasion/nondetection so we' should be good. Probably the safest of all the options.

Zealous - Praise The Sun - Well I mean everyone's going to hate us anyway, right? Slight economic downturn and everyone hates us in exchange for even higher GPP and a +15% combat modifier. Probably the best combo with Strategist of these options.

Minimialist - Forgot To Stop And Eat - Uh, this one's a little less useful than I initially thought it'd be because of the maintenance penalty on top of everything else. But there's lots of people who love to maximize Science at every opportunity, so here you go.

First to 7 votes takes it, or if not, the Positive and Negative traits with the most votes by 8:00 AM EST tomorrow.

Jossar fucked around with this message at 16:50 on Apr 15, 2020

Soylent Pudding
Jun 22, 2007

We've got people!

Strategist, Zealous

SIGSEGV
Nov 4, 2010

I'm looking at those traits with ten thousand modifiers, and I'm just gonna sigh.

Cythereal
Nov 8, 2009

I love the potoo,
and the potoo loves you.
I voted for Science and Minimalist before, and I will again.

OOrochi
Jan 19, 2017

On my honor as the Dawnspear.
Strategist, Zealous

Xelkelvos
Dec 19, 2012
One of the big flaws with Civ that's basically perpetual is the snowballing that occurs as a human player. Difficulty mostly gives the AI a leg up at the start along with some other bonuses to them and maluses to the player, but it's basically just a steeper hill to climb before you dominate the AI and when.

Kangxi
Nov 12, 2016

"Too paranoid for you?"
"Not me, paranoia's the garlic in life's kitchen, right, you can never have too much."
Strategist, Zealous

sincx
Jul 13, 2012

Servetus
Apr 1, 2010
Strategist, Naive

Jossar
Apr 2, 2018

It should be obvious from the images, but since I didn't explicitly state it, I should probably emphasize that picking Zealous means we're sticking with Andeanism for the long term. I might be able to get away with the unhappiness bonus in a few places like the already religious cities that other civilizations have, but a concentrated effort to spread religion everywhere is going to mire the civilization in horrible penalties unless we get rid of it later.

zetamind2000
Nov 6, 2007

I'm an alien.

Strategist, Zealous

DTurtle
Apr 10, 2011

More Science is always good.
And if we are negligent our widespread empire's maintenance gets a lot smaller AND our Golden Ages get better! I mean, those are actually really good bonuses for a theoretically negative trait.

LJN92
Mar 5, 2014

I'm seeing a lot of Rome Total War pictures in these techs. I guess it's appropriate for the age.

Geshtal
Nov 8, 2006

So that's the post you've decided to go with, is it?
Yay, I contributed! Well, it would be utterly hypocritical now to vote for anything other than Strategist, and might as well toss a vote for Naive.

Poil
Mar 17, 2007

More Culture. Also I'm sure Naive will be a good choice for a bad trait. Surely it won't be very bad?

Sorry if this has been explained, but can we level up our traits? Like becoming Civilized II?

Jossar
Apr 2, 2018

Poil posted:

More Culture. Also I'm sure Naive will be a good choice for a bad trait. Surely it won't be very bad?

Sorry if this has been explained, but can we level up our traits? Like becoming Civilized II?

You can, but for some reason you can't do it until the Renaissance... which is two eras after this one, which we just started.

Also Strategist is in, but still a chance for Naive to eclipse Zealous or Zealous to lock in its lead.

Jossar fucked around with this message at 21:53 on Apr 15, 2020

SIGSEGV
Nov 4, 2010

I'm gonna go for strategist and naive and gently caress everything up again.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Arcanuse
Mar 15, 2019

Strategist/Naive.