Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Ehud
Sep 19, 2003

football.

I saw a trailer last year for a movie that I can’t find. Here’s what I remember...

- There was a bizarre “suburbia but way weirder” vibe throughout the trailer.

- There was a moment in the trailer where a woman gives up her baby to her friend and then a close up as she forces a smile through braces.

- That same woman is later seen looking deranged driving a golf cart.

Anyone have a clue what I’m talking about? I really want to watch it if I can figure out the title!

edit: oh my god I found it right after posting.

GREENER GRASS

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=iyOvQfgQhKQ

Ehud fucked around with this message at 22:12 on Apr 6, 2020

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

The_Doctor
Mar 29, 2007

"The entire history of this incarnation is one of temporal orbits, retcons, paradoxes, parallel time lines, reiterations, and divergences. How anyone can make head or tail of all this chaos, I don't know."

Ehud posted:

I saw a trailer last year for a movie that I can’t find. Here’s what I remember...

- There was a bizarre “suburbia but way weirder” vibe throughout the trailer.

- There was a moment in the trailer where a woman gives up her baby to her friend and then a close up as she forces a smile through braces.

- That same woman is later seen looking deranged driving a golf cart.

Anyone have a clue what I’m talking about? I really want to watch it if I can figure out the title!

Definitely last year? It wasn't Suburbicon?

Ehud
Sep 19, 2003

football.

The_Doctor posted:

Definitely last year? It wasn't Suburbicon?

I’m an idiot. I just found it!

It’s called Greener Grass

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=iyOvQfgQhKQ

TTBF
Sep 14, 2005

Have one from a friend:

"Animated movie. Possibly anime, I don't recall. I saw it in 2001 on the Space Channel.
Okay, so there seems to be a group of people stuck in a city that they can’t leave, I think? The main character appears to be a blonde lady who keeps foreseeing her death. Blood pours out of her shower head in one scene, although the I think it turns into water she gets out. The other characters can see their own deaths as well I believe.
There’s also a creepy little girl who seems to ride on a large black panther who eats the woman in one scene. Like the woman walks into her room at night and she sees herself lying on a bed being eaten.
I THINK it had “city” in the title somewhere but it’s not Wicked City, although it felt quite similar tonally."

e: Solved very next post.

TTBF fucked around with this message at 09:07 on Apr 7, 2020

Phy
Jun 27, 2008

Fun Shoe

TTBF posted:

Have one from a friend:

"Animated movie. Possibly anime, I don't recall. I saw it in 2001 on the Space Channel.
Okay, so there seems to be a group of people stuck in a city that they can’t leave, I think? The main character appears to be a blonde lady who keeps foreseeing her death. Blood pours out of her shower head in one scene, although the I think it turns into water she gets out. The other characters can see their own deaths as well I believe.
There’s also a creepy little girl who seems to ride on a large black panther who eats the woman in one scene. Like the woman walks into her room at night and she sees herself lying on a bed being eaten.
I THINK it had “city” in the title somewhere but it’s not Wicked City, although it felt quite similar tonally."

Parts of that sound like GoShogun: The Time Étranger, which was a weird-rear end anime movie I saw around that time, also on the Space Channel. Mainly the bits about the main character foreseeing her own death, and no-one can leave the city. Apparently it was a sequel to a pretty standard giant robot cartoon. There is like zero giant robot in the movie from what I remember.

TTBF
Sep 14, 2005

Everything about that fits. Even found the panther scene on YouTube. I'm gonna consider it solved unless he gets back to me saying otherwise. Thank you. Goons really can find anything.

Ham Equity
Apr 16, 2013

i hosted a great goon meet and all i got was this lousy avatar
Grimey Drawer
I'm looking for a black & white movie, there's a scene with a dude talking to a woman about her son who died in the war and how glorifying that sort of thing just encourages more people to go out and die and governments to have more wars. I think they're in the woman's backyard, I feel like it's a relatively well-known scene.

fenix down
Jan 12, 2005

Thanatosian posted:

I'm looking for a black & white movie, there's a scene with a dude talking to a woman about her son who died in the war and how glorifying that sort of thing just encourages more people to go out and die and governments to have more wars. I think they're in the woman's backyard, I feel like it's a relatively well-known scene.
I was looking for that exact scene last year. All I remember is that the gentleman proclaims something like "I am a professional coward."

Coaaab
Aug 6, 2006

Wish I was there...
The Americanization of Emily

Ham Equity
Apr 16, 2013

i hosted a great goon meet and all i got was this lousy avatar
Grimey Drawer

Coaaab posted:

The Americanization of Emily
That is hella it, thank you!

ExplodingChef
May 25, 2005

Deathscorts are the true American heroes.
This might be an obscure one, but it's been bugging me off and on for years.

Would have been somewhere between 1987ish and 1993ish. Was on TV, may have been an Elvira Movie Macabre showing.

I want to say it was set around Halloween, and the only thing I remember is kids walking into a house (kitchen?) and attacking someone, and the effect used was that it was flashing between regular and negative exposure. Entire movie may have been black and white, but I don't think so.

Have at it, goon experts!

PONEYBOY
Jul 31, 2013

I should know the name but it's bugging me and I can't recall it, British psychological thriller set around a mansion, the husband frames his wife's lover for her murder and towards the end has a long monologue about how he went about it, very little violence, mostly dialogue. I think the title is only one word, could be wrong on that. Not sure when the original came out, likely the 60s-70s, but it was remade sometime in the early 2000s, maybe the late 90s. It's not Dial M for Murder but that's all I can seem to find.

LesterGroans
Jun 9, 2009

It's funny...

You were so scary at night.

amenbrotep posted:

I should know the name but it's bugging me and I can't recall it, British psychological thriller set around a mansion, the husband frames his wife's lover for her murder and towards the end has a long monologue about how he went about it, very little violence, mostly dialogue. I think the title is only one word, could be wrong on that. Not sure when the original came out, likely the 60s-70s, but it was remade sometime in the early 2000s, maybe the late 90s. It's not Dial M for Murder but that's all I can seem to find.

Sleuth.

moller
Jan 10, 2007

Swan stole my music and framed me!

ExplodingChef posted:

This might be an obscure one, but it's been bugging me off and on for years.

Would have been somewhere between 1987ish and 1993ish. Was on TV, may have been an Elvira Movie Macabre showing.

I want to say it was set around Halloween, and the only thing I remember is kids walking into a house (kitchen?) and attacking someone, and the effect used was that it was flashing between regular and negative exposure. Entire movie may have been black and white, but I don't think so.

Have at it, goon experts!

Boogey Man or Bloodbeat maybe?

PONEYBOY
Jul 31, 2013

you are a loving legend

ExplodingChef
May 25, 2005

moller posted:

Boogey Man or Bloodbeat maybe?

Nope, unfortunately. Thanks 'tho!

Leave
Feb 7, 2012

Taking the term "Koopaling" to a whole new level since 2016.
I'll throw an easy one here that literally just crossed my mind and I've not even tried to remember. It takes place in a seaside town, with some kind of water worms taking over people. It's pretty recent, found footage, I think, following two teenage sisters. I think the entire town winds up infected and the army steps in.

Opopanax
Aug 8, 2007

I HEX YE!!!

Leavemywife posted:

I'll throw an easy one here that literally just crossed my mind and I've not even tried to remember. It takes place in a seaside town, with some kind of water worms taking over people. It's pretty recent, found footage, I think, following two teenage sisters. I think the entire town winds up infected and the army steps in.

Probably The Bay

Leave
Feb 7, 2012

Thank you! I might watch that tonight. I remember it being alright.

This Is the Zodiac
Feb 4, 2003

What movie is this scene from?

It's a comedy about a hip-hop group. One guy is in the bathroom and there's no TP, and he starts rapping "I got no paper, I got no paper, I'm sittin' on the toilet and I got no paper," which they end up writing into a whole song.

SiKboy
Oct 28, 2007

Oh no!😱

My Twitter Account posted:

It's a comedy about a hip-hop group. One guy is in the bathroom and there's no TP, and he starts rapping "I got no paper, I got no paper, I'm sittin' on the toilet and I got no paper," which they end up writing into a whole song.

Dont remember that scene particularly, but the only comedy about a hip hop group that springs to mind is "Fear of a black hat", so maybe that?

ExplodingChef
May 25, 2005

My Twitter Account posted:

There's a scene in CB4 (another hip-hop parody like Fear of a Black Hat ) where a character is writing lyrics on TP, does that ring a bell at all?

My Lovely Horse
Aug 21, 2010

Seems like that would be the entire opposite of that scene

SiKboy
Oct 28, 2007

Oh no!😱

My Lovely Horse posted:

Seems like that would be the entire opposite of that scene

Considering the number of times someone in these threads gives a bunch of details then it turns out they were misremembering 90% of them, its got to be worth a punt.

Jedit
Dec 10, 2011

Proudly supporting vanilla legends 1994-2014

SiKboy posted:

Considering the number of times someone in these threads gives a bunch of details then it turns out they were misremembering 90% of them, its got to be worth a punt.

Also it means you've watched CB4 and FoaBH, which is time well spent.

Unkempt
May 24, 2003

...perfect spiral, scientists are still figuring it out...
1) There was a rock biopic I saw on Amazon last year about a (real) 1960s Californian band who had one big hit, went to London and met Jimi Hendrix (went well) and the Beatles (did not go well). What the hell was it?

2) I swear to god IMDB used to let you search for actors who had played someone, e.g. Jimi Hendrix or John Lennon. Can you still do that? It gets shitter every year.

Edit: It was 'My Dinner With Jimi', but I couldn't find it by searching for 'jimi hendrix' for some loving reason.

Unkempt fucked around with this message at 15:25 on Apr 25, 2020

Torquemada
Oct 21, 2010

Drei Gläser
A movie I saw sometime between 1978 and 1983, which seemed completely impenetrable to me as a child. The only thing I remember about it was a scene at what I assume was the end. A group of figures in dark robes stand in a circle in a large dark (round?) room, and discuss something ominously, then Earth (or a planet that looks like it) explodes. I remember it chiefly for how unsettling and abrupt the end was, because nothing stood out about the rest of it. The people may have been standing around a table, or altar, or plinth doohickey.

I saw this on a screen with a projector at school.

Leave
Feb 7, 2012

A co-worker was talking about a movie today that sounds pretty good. Two girls were making prank calls to people, saying stuff like, "We know what you did," and eventually, they stumble upon a guy who had just committed murder. This guy starts trying to track them down. It's an older movie, and she couldn't remember the title. Any idea?

gey muckle mowser
Aug 5, 2003

Do you know anything about...
witches?

Buglord

Leavemywife posted:

A co-worker was talking about a movie today that sounds pretty good. Two girls were making prank calls to people, saying stuff like, "We know what you did," and eventually, they stumble upon a guy who had just committed murder. This guy starts trying to track them down. It's an older movie, and she couldn't remember the title. Any idea?

Sounds like the William Castle movie "I Saw What You Did"

https://www.imdb.com/title/tt0059297/

feedmyleg
Dec 25, 2004
Alright, I'll throw one out there that may or may not be real. The scene is of a character walking in some sort of a tomb/dungeon/etc. when the floor crumbles beneath them and they nearly fall through. We are then shown the reverse shot beneath them of a much larger hidden cavern with a completely different layer of the tomb/dungeon/etc. with the real path forward inside of it. The hidden space was a long rock bridge over a deep cave/chasm that led to a door or exit on the other side, and there may have been a dais on the bridge that held some kind of artifact.

This would have been mid-90s or before. I remember associating it with the Indiana Jones films as a kid, but later realized that the sequence wasn't in any of those films. It's possible that it's from another type of film, possibly a medieval movie or fantasy or even a cartoon, but I remember it as live-action. There were enough Jones ripoffs and parodies over the years that it easily could have been from one of those, or even more likely it could just be my child mind combining the "Word of God" and the "Leap from the Lion's Head" sequences of Last Crusade together. The latter seems most probable, but when I think back to the sequence in my head it's significantly different from those individual sequences.

The_Doctor
Mar 29, 2007

"The entire history of this incarnation is one of temporal orbits, retcons, paradoxes, parallel time lines, reiterations, and divergences. How anyone can make head or tail of all this chaos, I don't know."

feedmyleg posted:

Alright, I'll throw one out there that may or may not be real. The scene is of a character walking in some sort of a tomb/dungeon/etc. when the floor crumbles beneath them and they nearly fall through. We are then shown the reverse shot beneath them of a much larger hidden cavern with a completely different layer of the tomb/dungeon/etc. with the real path forward inside of it. The hidden space was a long rock bridge over a deep cave/chasm that led to a door or exit on the other side, and there may have been a dais on the bridge that held some kind of artifact.

This would have been mid-90s or before. I remember associating it with the Indiana Jones films as a kid, but later realized that the sequence wasn't in any of those films. It's possible that it's from another type of film, possibly a medieval movie or fantasy or even a cartoon, but I remember it as live-action. There were enough Jones ripoffs and parodies over the years that it easily could have been from one of those, or even more likely it could just be my child mind combining the "Word of God" and the "Leap from the Lion's Head" sequences of Last Crusade together. The latter seems most probable, but when I think back to the sequence in my head it's significantly different from those individual sequences.

Yeah, that definitely sounds like Last Crusade.

TITTIEKISSER69
Mar 19, 2005

SAVE THE BEES
PLANT MORE TREES
CLEAN THE SEAS
KISS TITTIESS

feedmyleg posted:

the floor crumbles beneath them and they nearly fall through.

Last Crusade

quote:

We are then shown the reverse shot beneath them of a much larger hidden cavern with a completely different layer of the tomb/dungeon/etc. with the real path forward inside of it.

something else.

quote:

The hidden space was a long rock bridge over a deep cave/chasm that led to a door or exit on the other side

Last Crusade

quote:

and there may have been a dais on the bridge that held some kind of artifact.

I'm thinking the opening sequence of Raiders

Davros1
Jul 19, 2007

You've got to admit, you are kind of implausible

feedmyleg posted:

Could be from the cartoon video game "Dragon's Lair"

Twitch
Apr 15, 2003

by Fluffdaddy

Torquemada posted:

A movie I saw sometime between 1978 and 1983, which seemed completely impenetrable to me as a child. The only thing I remember about it was a scene at what I assume was the end. A group of figures in dark robes stand in a circle in a large dark (round?) room, and discuss something ominously, then Earth (or a planet that looks like it) explodes. I remember it chiefly for how unsettling and abrupt the end was, because nothing stood out about the rest of it. The people may have been standing around a table, or altar, or plinth doohickey.

This might be Beneath the Planet of the Apes.

Torquemada
Oct 21, 2010

Drei Gläser

Twitch posted:

This might be Beneath the Planet of the Apes.

I remember that one quite well, I don’t think it’s that. There was a very definite ‘planet being destroyed’ shot rather than a ‘single nuke fade to white’ explosion. Also the whole thing was very subdued and weirdly talky in a way the Apes movies aren’t. The guys in robes were like gods maybe, or beings who run the universe or something?

doomrider7
Nov 29, 2018
I've had some awesome luck so far here so here's another one. Old animated movie or something about cavemen that stuck out to me. Only scenes I can recall were some scenes of a dead woolly mammoth from earlier in the movie, a caveman whom I assume was the lead being bitten by ants, and a bizarre scene where an anthill shoots off like a rocket and explodes. The mammoth scene and anthill were from what seemed like the end of the movie. I saw when I was like five or six so we're talking early to mid 90's here between 1993 to 1996.

speedofdark
Jun 25, 2003
Nobody knows you when you're a stupid newbie.

Torquemada posted:

Could it be The Watcher in the Woods?

Torquemada
Oct 21, 2010

Drei Gläser

This has a significantly different vibe, more Hammer Films-ish. Mine falls somewhere between ‘Planet of the Apes’ and ‘Battlestar Galactica’ in terms of tone, a very late-60’s to late-70’s US sci fi feel.

Ape Agitator
Feb 19, 2004

Soylent Green is Monkeys
College Slice

feedmyleg posted:

Perhaps the Allan Quartermain movies from the 80s? Lost city of gold and King Solomon's Mines are both on YouTube, might be worth glancing at

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

cr0y
Mar 24, 2005

Can someone help me figure out what movie I am thinking of?

The plot is some post-9/11 war on terror flick about a soldier who is sent...somewhere and is going crazy from boredom, he ultimately gets involved in the enhanced interrogation program and eventually gets outted on national television through some news report. It's a more recent movie (within the past 5-10 years or so). I have seen it before but cannot for the life of me remember what it was called or even who was in it.