Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Chokes McGee
Aug 7, 2008

This is Urotsuki.
Also Shadow Weaver is an abusive parent but if be lying if I said her little "oh poo poo I've created a monster" moment at the end of the last season wasn't great.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

evilmiera
Dec 14, 2009

socialsecurity posted:

Hasn't he ruled/oppressed half the planet for an extended period of time?

The issue with Hordak was that he was brought up to serve and knew nothing but that and trying to please Hordak Prime. Then when he got marooned all he knew to do was to keep trying to conquer stuff because he figured that way he could resolve his issues while tinkering with his gear.

But he kept failing and kept distancing himself from everyone because he didn't understand anything but hierarchy and conquest.

The moment he started caring about Entrapta, despite her being of "lower rank" than him is when he first started understanding what empathy was. Sure, Catra gained his trust, but it was by presenting herself as a competent subordinate.

There's arguments around if you can be truly evil if you didn't know you were causing evil, but here Hordak legit did not know how to even approach the concept of other individuals, let alone good. I am sure he can be redeemed as long as someone hammers those concepts into him.

Luckily Entrapta is good with hammers.

Elephant Ambush
Nov 13, 2012

...We sholde spenden more time together. What sayest thou?
Nap Ghost
I want the post credits stinger of the final episode to be Hordak and Entrapta enjoying tiny snacks together. They don't even have to say anything.

Captain Oblivious
Oct 12, 2007

I'm not like other posters

Elephant Ambush posted:

Shadow Weaver is the most intriguing character to me because the writers have done such a good job at hiding her true motivations. My wife and I talk about that once in a while. We have no idea what she really wants or what she's up to. Her original motivations were ultimate power but we're not sure if she learned any kind of lessons from her past mistakes. My own personal (and probably wrong) theory is that she's just an opportunist who is currently biding her time and toying with people and gathering favors until the time is right to try to make some kind of move.

What makes you think Shadow Weaver has secret true motivations? Pretty sure we've pretty much learned her deal at this point. She is a creature of spite and pride. She is a serial abuser. She always needs to feel like she's the smartest person in the room and if you stop enabling her that's the same thing as betraying her which means she will go out of her way to destroy you. She sometimes acts out these urges vicariously through a student/teacher parent/child relationship.

Taear
Nov 26, 2004

Ask me about the shitty opinions I have about Paradox games!
We don't know how big the area the horde controls is.
Or how big the planet is really.

Chokes McGee
Aug 7, 2008

This is Urotsuki.

Elephant Ambush posted:

I want the post credits stinger of the final episode to be Hordak and Entrapta enjoying tiny snacks together. They don't even have to say anything.

tiny schwarma slices

Ghost Leviathan
Mar 2, 2017

Exploration is ill-advised.

Captain Oblivious posted:

What makes you think Shadow Weaver has secret true motivations? Pretty sure we've pretty much learned her deal at this point. She is a creature of spite and pride. She is a serial abuser. She always needs to feel like she's the smartest person in the room and if you stop enabling her that's the same thing as betraying her which means she will go out of her way to destroy you. She sometimes acts out these urges vicariously through a student/teacher parent/child relationship.

That quite possibly is what makes her so dangerous, because despite her being very intelligent and very good at manipulating people, it's quite possible that spite and pride really is all that's there. Meaning there's no real big plan and no better nature to appeal to. Also means she can fit in pretty much anywhere- at Bright Moon she seems content being treated as a prisoner since she has decent lodgings, is treated with respect and fear like she's used to, and has opportunities to exercise her talents with students who are desperate for someone who can actually teach them magic, but even with that she's capable of poisoning relationships- and starting Glimmer down the road of becoming another reflection of her, like Catra.

Madurai
Jun 26, 2012

Ghost Leviathan posted:

That quite possibly is what makes her so dangerous, because despite her being very intelligent and very good at manipulating people, it's quite possible that spite and pride really is all that's there. Meaning there's no real big plan and no better nature to appeal to. Also means she can fit in pretty much anywhere- at Bright Moon she seems content being treated as a prisoner since she has decent lodgings, is treated with respect and fear like she's used to, and has opportunities to exercise her talents with students who are desperate for someone who can actually teach them magic, but even with that she's capable of poisoning relationships- and starting Glimmer down the road of becoming another reflection of her, like Catra.

A SW/Casta showdown probably isn't in the cards, but I sure want to see it.

Chokes McGee
Aug 7, 2008

This is Urotsuki.

Madurai posted:

A SW/Casta showdown probably isn't in the cards, but I sure want to see it.

I know it's a typo but man o man do I want Glimmer to teach Catra some magic. What could possibly go wrong?

Ghost Leviathan
Mar 2, 2017

Chokes McGee posted:

I know it's a typo but man o man do I want Glimmer to teach Catra some magic. What could possibly go wrong?

I get the impression magic in Etheria is something you need to have a talent and/or catalyst for, and Catra already has her own physical power in being a cat girl.

Madurai
Jun 26, 2012

Chokes McGee posted:

Not a typo. Castaspella and Shadow Weaver have the longest-standing grudge to hash out, and they're both sorceresses, so...

Taear
Nov 26, 2004

Ask me about the shitty opinions I have about Paradox games!

Ghost Leviathan posted:

I get the impression magic in Etheria is something you need to have a talent and/or catalyst for, and Catra already has her own physical power in being a cat girl.

I guess it's sort of strange that there are no other cats. Everyone else has other versions of them, but not her.

Elephant Ambush
Nov 13, 2012

Nap Ghost
I don't think they ever go into the species thing.

Also, my Catra tux costume is almost done and all the cons are getting cancelled so yay.

Chokes McGee
Aug 7, 2008

This is Urotsuki.

Elephant Ambush posted:

I don't think they ever go into the species thing.

Also, my Catra tux costume is almost done and all the cons are getting cancelled so yay.

I'm disappointed they never made Catra princess of Beast Island but by the same token it's a toxic waste dump so I guess she already is :thurman:

T-man
Aug 22, 2010

Talk shit, get bzzzt.

Catra, princess of disaster gays

Elephant Ambush
Nov 13, 2012

Nap Ghost
I'm so miffed because my wife is making an Entrapta costume and my sister is making a Princess Prom Scorpia costume and we were all gonna go hang out at cons together and now we have to wait until the roni blows over and that's such a bummer.

Chokes McGee
Aug 7, 2008

This is Urotsuki.

Elephant Ambush posted:

I'm so miffed because my wife is making an Entrapta costume and my sister is making a Princess Prom Scorpia costume and we were all gonna go hang out at cons together and now we have to wait until the roni blows over and that's such a bummer.

this is adora's fault somehow!!

Elephant Ambush
Nov 13, 2012

Nap Ghost

Chokes McGee posted:

this is adora's fault somehow!!

If Perfuma were real she would kill all the roni

Ghost Leviathan
Mar 2, 2017

Most of the princesses are basically 'give characters the opposite of the personality their power suggests', and it just works so well.

cant cook creole bream
Aug 15, 2011
I think Fahrenheit is better for weather

Ghost Leviathan posted:

Most of the princesses are basically 'give characters the opposite of the personality their power suggests', and it just works so well.

How so? Besides the overly eager, passionate ice girl, I don't see that.

Ghost Leviathan
Mar 2, 2017

cant cook creole bream posted:

The mermaid with water powers has an extremely dry personality. Perfuma is a lesser case in being a hippie but then she's also terrifyingly enthusiastic once roused to combat.

Elephant Ambush
Nov 13, 2012

Nap Ghost
In the 80s cartoon Perfuma was basically Literally Gaia and single-handedly annihilated the Horde in final season. I don't remember the details but I remember it being pretty hilarious. Hordak got owned by flowers.

Halloween Jack
Sep 12, 2003
I WILL CUT OFF BOTH OF MY ARMS BEFORE I VOTE FOR ANYONE THAT IS MORE POPULAR THAN BERNIE!!!!!
I'm confused as to why Scorpia doesn't have, y'know, earth powers. Like sandstorms or something.

Watermelon Daiquiri
Jul 10, 2010
I TRIED TO BAIT THE TXPOL THREAD WITH THE WORLD'S WORST POSSIBLE TAKE AND ALL I GOT WAS THIS STUPID AVATAR.

cant cook creole bream posted:

What personality, off the cuff, would you ascribe to someone with scorpion powers?

Compare that to scorpia.

Trying
Sep 26, 2019

Hordak's a loving Nazi

AlternateNu
May 5, 2005

ドーナツダメ!

oh but seriously I posted:

Hordak's a loving Nazi

But he's a tragic bishi! Can't you understand that? :rolleyes:

The Ultimate Doge
May 1, 2019

by Nyc_Tattoo
Hordak looks like a skull therefore he has Totenkopf powers

side_burned
Nov 3, 2004

My mother is a fish.

Elephant Ambush posted:

In the 80s cartoon Perfuma was basically Literally Gaia and single-handedly annihilated the Horde in final season. I don't remember the details but I remember it being pretty hilarious. Hordak got owned by flowers.

Skelator's undoing was the Christamas Spirt.

Whitenoise Poster
Mar 26, 2010

oh but seriously I posted:

Hordak's a loving Nazi

AlternateNu posted:

But he's a tragic bishi! Can't you understand that? :rolleyes:

There's a good quote from a streamer that I feel applies here. A character is evil when hes does evil thing. A character is Morally Grey if they do evil things while being very hot.

He was talking about Ada Wong from resident evil at the time. But it's good for a lot of characters.

The Ultimate Doge
May 1, 2019

by Nyc_Tattoo

Whitenoise Poster posted:

There's a good quote from a streamer that I feel applies here. A character is evil when hes does evil thing. A character is Morally Grey if they do evil things while being very hot.

He was talking about Ada Wong from resident evil at the time. But it's good for a lot of characters.

This is true but it only applies to men. When women do evil things while being hot it just makes them more evil

Ghost Leviathan
Mar 2, 2017

The Ultimate Doge posted:

This is true but it only applies to men. When women do evil things while being hot it just makes them more evil

But also more hot.

pentyne
Nov 7, 2012

Ghost Leviathan posted:

But also more hot.

"Ugh, she just nuked the White House...man she looks good with the radioactive wind tussling her hair"

Chokes McGee
Aug 7, 2008

This is Urotsuki.

Ghost Leviathan posted:

But also more hot.

Oh no we've invented the perpetual hotness machine

Madurai
Jun 26, 2012

Chokes McGee posted:

Oh no we've invented the perpetual hotness machine

something something Baroness from Cobra something something

T-man
Aug 22, 2010

Talk shit, get bzzzt.

My masturbation powered turbine could use this development

Ghost Leviathan
Mar 2, 2017

That does sound like something Cobra would invent.

Chokes McGee
Aug 7, 2008

This is Urotsuki.
Just gotta take a single innocent joke off a cliff huh guys

Madurai
Jun 26, 2012

All show threads enter steeper and steeper dives until new episodes air.

paradoxGentleman
Dec 10, 2013

wheres the jester, I could do with some pointless nonsense right about now

i wish i could hug scorpia

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Chokes McGee
Aug 7, 2008

This is Urotsuki.

paradoxGentleman posted:

i wish i could hug scorpia

So does she :3: