Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Mordiceius
Nov 10, 2007

If you think calling me names is gonna get a rise out me, think again. I like my life as an idiot!
Does anyone have and want to get rid of any of the following animals? I’d love to take them off your hands.

Kiki - Cat
Katt - Cat
Cherry - Dog
Bella - Mouse
Coco - Rabbit
Muffy - Sheep
Del - Alligator
Cyrano - Anteater
Olaf - Anteater
Rodeo - Bull
Bob - Cat
Olivia - Cat
Cole - Rabbit
Marshall - Squirrel

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Electric Phantasm
Apr 7, 2011

YOSPOS

Will Flick create Gamera if you give CJ 3 snapping turtles?

Dr. Stab
Sep 12, 2010
👨🏻‍⚕️🩺🔪🙀😱🙀

oddium posted:

140 percent of what

Of your sunday price.

GATOS Y VATOS
Aug 22, 2002

Electric Phantasm posted:

Will Flick create Gamera if you give CJ 3 snapping turtles?

oh poo poo

Solovey
Mar 24, 2009

motive: secret baby

the work day is winding down, so i'm opening up my island for a bit! turnip prices are mediocre (129), but able sisters has these slammin Deal With It shades, full cowboy costumes, loud 90's leggings, doctor's coats and these cute little top hats! nook shop also has fortune telling sets and exactly one big panda plush to the first person who can grab it! feel free to come chill out, take some extra recipes, pick some cherries, leave a rude design at the tailor shop, find the secret of the forbidden beach, or do whatever while i afk! just be nice to the flowers please :shobon:

dodo code is closed, thank you everyone who visited!

Solovey fucked around with this message at 00:28 on Apr 16, 2020

LastGoodBoy
Sep 7, 2014

Keep your mind be open window everyday

Super No Vacancy posted:

annoyingly the drinks machine kinda cuts off the top and bottom of the custom design so I just made this my island flag instead

Yeah, the design tool in this game is kinda a little super bad. It's been a hot minute since I played New Leaf and back, but I don't think those games had the patterns auto smooth. Auto smoothing blows rear end.

That said, nice design.

LastGoodBoy
Sep 7, 2014

Mordiceius posted:

Does anyone have and want to get rid of any of the following animals? I’d love to take them off your hands.

Kiki - Cat
Katt - Cat
Cherry - Dog
Bella - Mouse
Coco - Rabbit
Muffy - Sheep
Del - Alligator
Cyrano - Anteater
Olaf - Anteater
Rodeo - Bull
Bob - Cat
Olivia - Cat
Cole - Rabbit
Marshall - Squirrel

I like that the game has both "Cherry" and "Cheri"

A Spider Covets
May 4, 2009

This is giving off powerful energy

Gangringo
Jul 22, 2007

In the first age, in the first battle, when the shadows first lengthened, one sat.

He chose the path of perpetual contentment.

Mordiceius posted:

Kiki - Cat
Katt - Cat
Cherry - Dog
Bella - Mouse
Coco - Rabbit
Muffy - Sheep
Del - Alligator
Cyrano - Anteater
Olaf - Anteater
Rodeo - Bull
Bob - Cat
Olivia - Cat
Cole - Rabbit
Marshall - Squirrel

I will be getting rid of Katt later today

Edit: maybe not today, but tomorrow if not today.

Captain Hygiene
Sep 17, 2007

You mess with the crabbo...

LastGoodBoy posted:

Yeah, the design tool in this game is kinda a little super bad. It's been a hot minute since I played New Leaf and back, but I don't think those games had the patterns auto smooth. Auto smoothing blows rear end.

I don't 100% hate it, I think it does some nice looking stuff when it works right. It should absolutely be a selectable option though, sometimes you need pixel perfection.

LastGoodBoy
Sep 7, 2014

Captain Hygiene posted:

I don't 100% hate it, I think it does some nice looking stuff when it works right. It should absolutely be a selectable option though, sometimes you need pixel perfection.

Completely agreed. Smoothing has a time and a place in designs.

Rollersnake
May 9, 2005

Please, please don't let me end up in a threesome with the lunch lady and a gay pirate. That would hit a little too close to home.
Unlockable Ben
Anybody know what the available colors are for the tam o'shanter besides blue? It's a Gulliver-exclusive item, and I want a red one (or a red/green one if it exists). I'll trade you a pyramid, the blue tam o'shanter, the pink feather turban, or whatever. I won't be able to get on for another five hours, just wanted to see if there's even anyone who has what I'm looking for.

Also, Hans is moving out today if anyone wants to grab him later.

Lux Anima
Apr 17, 2016

Dinosaur Gum
Thanks a lot to everyone who came and joined me in Smashville - all except for the person who plucked all of my lilies! Don't ever come back, you gently caress. I'm closing my gates now.

Lilies were the last seeds I'd gotten and as a result they're the ones I have the most crossbreeding work to do on. Now I've got to wait 48+ hours before I can resume! Thanks, rear end in a top hat!

Mordiceius
Nov 10, 2007

If you think calling me names is gonna get a rise out me, think again. I like my life as an idiot!

Gangringo posted:

I will be getting rid of Katt later today

Edit: maybe not today, but tomorrow if not today.

Well, when she’s ready to move, I’ll take her.

Blaziken386
Jun 27, 2013

I'm what the kids call: a big nerd
https://twitter.com/Waffliesinyofac/status/1250529600087588864
really wanna find whoever had the design decision of "no, the buildings NEED to be 1 tile apart" and strangle him just a little

Electric Phantasm
Apr 7, 2011

YOSPOS

Blaziken386 posted:

https://twitter.com/Waffliesinyofac/status/1250529600087588864
really wanna find whoever had the design decision of "no, the buildings NEED to be 1 tile apart" and strangle him just a little

Yeah I ran into this poo poo multiple times this week moving houses and building inclines. It's dumb as hell!

Centzon Totochtin
Jan 2, 2009
Ugh, I can pay off my house or spend 1.2 million bells on a crown what do I do

LastGoodBoy
Sep 7, 2014

Lux Animus posted:

Thanks a lot to everyone who came and joined me in Smashville - all except for the person who plucked all of my lilies! Don't ever come back, you gently caress. I'm closing my gates now.

Lilies were the last seeds I'd gotten and as a result they're the ones I have the most crossbreeding work to do on. Now I've got to wait 48+ hours before I can resume! Thanks, rear end in a top hat!

Sucks, dude. I'd give you some, but lilies are one of the ones I don't have yet.

tildes
Nov 16, 2018
Didn't notice it posted, but apparently the Nook's upgrade requires 30 days since the shop was built, Mabel to have visited, and 200k bells in buying/selling at Nook's. So basically it's just time gated in practice.

Also if you want to get waaaaaay too deep into flowers, this was both interesting and made me glad I got roses as my native: https://docs.google.com/document/d/1ARIQCUc5YVEd01D7jtJT9EEJF45m07NXhAm4fOpNvCs/preview

Nondevor
Jun 1, 2011

catposting

Centzon Totochtin posted:

Ugh, I can pay off my house or spend 1.2 million bells on a crown what do I do

buy the crown so you can catalogue it and order more crowns

Dip Viscous
Sep 17, 2019

All of my buildings are scattered randomly. I don't pull weeds and I've never crafted a watering can. Sometimes I dig holes and don't fill them back in.

Electric Phantasm
Apr 7, 2011

YOSPOS

The crown last for a single day, debt is forever.

The choice is clear.

LastGoodBoy
Sep 7, 2014

Dip Viscous posted:

All of my buildings are scattered randomly. I don't pull weeds and I've never crafted a watering can. Sometimes I dig holes and don't fill them back in.

That's fine as long as all your houses aren't in a perfect compact grid on the shoreline.

Tergaso
Mar 4, 2007

My God! Wooden eels! Surface! Surface!
I'm opening up my island for awhile.

Nooks are selling Apple pattern cardboard boxes and the Judge's bell. The limited item is.... also an Apple pattern cardboard box. Red/yellow roses, white/orange windflower, white/yellow Hycanlith are the seeds.

Cherries are native fruits, there are some in the orchard to the west. Help yourself to the coconuts too.

The Mables are selling the full cowboy getup, and an astronaut suit and composer wig! (it shows up as white, but actually it's based on your hair color.)

Snake was making a pear umbrella, but he may have stopped.

Please leave messages, designs, I love seeing what people have come up with.

Help yourself to the free poo poo by the stall and ram statue.

Dodo Code tm is M12T8

I'll be AFK for a bit.

Tergaso fucked around with this message at 00:36 on Apr 16, 2020

Kart Barfunkel
Nov 10, 2009

What’s the mechanical reason for the 2 “getting permit” text boxes before you can construct things? Why would a loading screen be needed for that?

Bullfrog
Nov 5, 2012

hello, welcome. please take a seat. do not be shy, my friends. You can empty your fruit here, safely.

DEEP STATE PLOT
Aug 13, 2008

Yes...Ha ha ha...YES!

Lux Animus posted:

anyone caught doing this horse poo poo should be named and shamed in this thread so that they can't pull it on anyone else. how the gently caress you gonna be an rear end in a top hat in fuckin animal crossing.

LastGoodBoy
Sep 7, 2014

DEEP STATE PLOT posted:

anyone caught doing this horse poo poo should be named and shamed in this thread so that they can't pull it on anyone else. how the gently caress you gonna be an rear end in a top hat in fuckin animal crossing.

Agreed. Flowers are a well known "off limits".

Color Printer
May 9, 2011

You get used to it. I don't
even see the code. All I see
is Ipecac, Scapular, Polyphemus...

Ah, poo poo, I've been forgetting to check shops on islands I visit to see their flower options

Bobulus
Jan 28, 2007

Kart Barfunkel posted:

What’s the mechanical reason for the 2 “getting permit” text boxes before you can construct things? Why would a loading screen be needed for that?

My guess is that it's there because it says different stuff if you try that indoors, while people are visiting your island, or on a mystery island.

If you have it on when you visit the airport, Wilbur or Orville will even crack a joke about turning it off before you leave.

A Spider Covets
May 4, 2009

Lux Animus posted:

I have an absolute butt ton of lilies (they are my island's "native flower" if those are a thing), would you like to come dig some up from my island to bring back to yours?

edit: and right after posting I learn native flowers are in fact a thing. Cool!

Blaziken386
Jun 27, 2013

I'm what the kids call: a big nerd

tildes posted:

Also if you want to get waaaaaay too deep into flowers, this was both interesting and made me glad I got roses as my native: https://docs.google.com/document/d/1ARIQCUc5YVEd01D7jtJT9EEJF45m07NXhAm4fOpNvCs/preview
quick question: why are flowers this god drat complex :psyduck:

The Duke
May 19, 2004

The Angel from my Nightmare

Bullfrog posted:

hello, welcome. please take a seat. do not be shy, my friends. You can empty your fruit here, safely.

Very courteous of you to provide a poop knife!

Mercedes Colomar
Nov 1, 2008

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS

Blaziken386 posted:

quick question: why are flowers this god drat complex :psyduck:

Gregor Mendel, my dude.

Soysaucebeast
Mar 4, 2008

Lux Animus posted:

That's so lovely. I made sure I wasn't even running so I didn't mess up anyone's flower gardens. At least they're not permanently gone, but still.

jackhunter64
Aug 28, 2008

Keep it up son, take a look at what you could have won

:getout: of our club, you fat cockney bastard

https://twitter.com/jackhunter64/status/1250532451027320832

Tanyu
Feb 19, 2011
Thanks for the white mums Victoria! If you took the rotten turnips (or whoever took them) you should get your ants/flies and then pass 'em along so no one has to waste turnips.

LastGoodBoy
Sep 7, 2014

rear end COVE PAY-WHAT-YOU-WANT YARD SALE DAY 2

Dodo Code: 9KYMK

I take bells, furniture, DIY. Don't give me any Bunny Day bullshit. If you have BD stuff, throw it in the trash can next to the sign.

Mordiceius
Nov 10, 2007

I think I’m starting to kind of be over this game. There are just too many annoying aspects to it.

It could have been great, instead the local multiplayer sucks, there is endless unskippable dialog, and it takes forever to do anything I want.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Rollersnake
May 9, 2005

Please, please don't let me end up in a threesome with the lunch lady and a gay pirate. That would hit a little too close to home.
Unlockable Ben
Maybe a stupid question, but will hybrid flowers propagate themselves? Or can I only ever grow blue pansies from two white pansies?