Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

TerminalRaptor
Nov 6, 2012

Mostly Harmless

echinopsis posted:

the person i work with who was gonna break quarantine ended up doing so and was caught by the cops and is probably gonna get fired

it’s usually very hard to get fired in nz but she purposely stayed as a non-employee this whole time. she was always so casual about losing her job and working somewhere else but this is such a different time.

she might be hosed

Congrats

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Blinkz0rz
May 27, 2001

MY CONTEMPT FOR MY OWN EMPLOYEES IS ONLY MATCHED BY MY LOVE FOR TOM BRADY'S SWEATY MAGA BALLS
welp, doc is pretty sure i've got the covid

course there's only one rapid testing site nearish me but tbh it doesn't really matter if i have an official diagnosis 'cause my doc is pretty sure just based on symptoms

i've been socially isolating this whole time. haven't actually been anywhere that's not on my property since the 2nd. maybe my wife is an asymptomatic carrier who caught it at a grocery store and gave it to me but idk

who ever even really knows

this sucks

Midjack
Dec 24, 2007

^^^^^ be well dude

echinopsis posted:

the person i work with who was gonna break quarantine ended up doing so and was caught by the cops and is probably gonna get fired

it’s usually very hard to get fired in nz but she purposely stayed as a non-employee this whole time. she was always so casual about losing her job and working somewhere else but this is such a different time.

she might be hosed

fatum iustum stultorum

Roosevelt
Jul 18, 2009

I'm looking for the man who shot my paw.

qirex posted:

"delight" is up there with "engagement" in the "bs words that people who don't actually know anything about user experience but want to make it think like they do" power ranking

the "customer journey" is something that makes sense, but the terminology is so oily and marketing-speak that i can't help but hate it. what are the customers' emotions & motivations? obstacles and pain points? how do we best nurture their experience to build a positive kinship?

look man i just want to buy the biggest dildo you have in the fewest number of clicks, this isn't complicated

power botton
Nov 2, 2011

considering a lot of our business comes from satisfying audit requirements its always very funny to apply those words to "show a list of enterprise admins" or "display this registry setting". the most boring poo poo ever. no one is delighted looking at a list of group policy objects.

TerminalRaptor
Nov 6, 2012

Mostly Harmless

Roosevelt posted:

look man i just want to buy the biggest dildo you have in the fewest number of clicks, this isn't complicated

Thankfully, Styme was never for sale

PIZZA.BAT
Nov 12, 2016

:cheers:

echinopsis posted:

she might be hosed

she was the one you were worried would burn down your house if you called her out, right? it's nice when these things work themselves out

Agile Vector
May 21, 2007

scrum bored

qirex posted:

"delight" is up there with "engagement" in the "bs words that people who don't actually know anything about user experience but want to make it think like they do" power ranking

"surprise and delight is exactly what someone wants from a rote workflow theyre required to do dozens of times a day! dont you want to be surprised by a simple search!?" a pm shouts as they frantically add stories

Agile Vector
May 21, 2007

scrum bored

ive come in to fix systems where i wanted to take the person aside and explain 'poo poo man people are delighted the tasks completed and the crappy backend doesnt poo poo the bed like normal' while theyre talking about adding success animations and sounds

Roosevelt
Jul 18, 2009

Agile Vector posted:

"surprise and delight is exactly what someone wants from a rote workflow theyre required to do dozens of times a day! dont you want to be surprised by a simple search!?" a pm shouts as they frantically add stories

goatse randomly pops up like yospos doge.jpg

Kenny Logins
Jan 11, 2011

EVERY MORNING I WAKE UP AND OPEN PALM SLAM A WHITE WHALE INTO THE PEQUOD. IT'S HELL'S HEART AND RIGHT THEN AND THERE I STRIKE AT THEE ALONGSIDE WITH THE MAIN CHARACTER, ISHMAEL.

syntaxrigger posted:

who is kac? I tried to use context clues but people lying for pissbaby is a pretty big set of ppl.

Broken Machine posted:

kellyanne conway

Kenny Logins
Jan 11, 2011

EVERY MORNING I WAKE UP AND OPEN PALM SLAM A WHITE WHALE INTO THE PEQUOD. IT'S HELL'S HEART AND RIGHT THEN AND THERE I STRIKE AT THEE ALONGSIDE WITH THE MAIN CHARACTER, ISHMAEL.

Blinkz0rz posted:

course there's only one rapid testing site nearish me but tbh it doesn't really matter if i have an official diagnosis 'cause my doc is pretty sure just based on symptoms

i've been socially isolating this whole time. haven't actually been anywhere that's not on my property since the 2nd. maybe my wife is an asymptomatic carrier who caught it at a grocery store and gave it to me but idk

this sucks
on the plus side when you recover you can sell your superplasma to the highest bidder

Kenny Logins
Jan 11, 2011

PIZZA.BAT posted:

she was the one you were worried would burn down your house if you called her out, right? it's nice when these things work themselves out

echinopsis
Apr 13, 2004

by Fluffdaddy

PIZZA.BAT posted:

yeah thankfully her getting busted and everything all occurred without my input, so she has no reason to point to me as a person who has slighted her here

thank goodness

Blinkz0rz posted:

this sucks

god sneed

Stereotype
Apr 24, 2010

College Slice

echinopsis posted:

she might be hosed

nice

Kenny Logins
Jan 11, 2011

echinopsis posted:

yeah thankfully her getting busted and everything all occurred without my input, so she has no reason to point to me as a person who has slighted her here
yeah she deffo seemed to be someone whose behaviour and reprisal was bound by reason

power botton
Nov 2, 2011

I bought a few echinopsis (and some other plants) today

I needed something new in my house or im gonna start to lose it

Roosevelt
Jul 18, 2009

power botton posted:

I bought a few echinopsis (and some other plants) today

I needed something new in my house or im gonna start to lose it

TIL that echinopsis is a real thing and not just a bastardization of the words echidna penis

Captain Foo
May 11, 2004

we vibin'
we slidin'
we breathin'
we dyin'

Roosevelt posted:

TIL that echinopsis is a real thing and not just a bastardization of the words echidna penis

it's a cactus

Progressive JPEG
Feb 19, 2003

Corla Plankun posted:

arent nz borders literally closed rn? id love to change countries rn but i dont think anywhere good would have me
you need to be a resident, permanent resident, or citizen (or australian, if you can prove to the govt that you are already primarily resident in nz)

and even then you are going into a mandatory 14 day quarantine in a govt-provided hotel

oh also there's hardly any flights left, it's down to like <100 people/day entering the country, from 15-20k in a normal day

when announcing the mandatory quarantine thing a few days ago they had said they wanted to do it sooner, but needed to wait for the incoming numbers to go down so that they'd have enough capacity to quarantine 14 days of people

going by what contact tracing has been showing im pretty glad they did it too

echinopsis posted:

she might be hosed
lol owned

French Canadian
Feb 23, 2004

Fluffy cat sensory experience
I had a two hour meeting with a pile of mulch today. It smelled pretty good and did not talk back to me. I liked that I could just go do the thing instead of having to deal with leaving the office.

Methanar
Sep 26, 2013

by the sex ghost
I have do to my annual self assessment review.

I should just say that I'm the best and not acknowledge anything that isn't AAA+++ right?

Arcteryx Anarchist
Sep 15, 2007

Fun Shoe

Uptime Sinclair posted:

yeah she deffo seemed to be someone whose behaviour and reprisal was bound by reason

PIZZA.BAT
Nov 12, 2016

started getting back into running being able to go a mile and a half and am now up to 2 and a quarter. want to hit 5k by the end of this or in another month. who am i kidding this won't be over in another month

FMguru
Sep 10, 2003

peed on;
sexually

PIZZA.BAT posted:

started getting back into running being able to go a mile and a half and am now up to 2 and a quarter. want to hit 5k by the end of this or in another month. who am i kidding this won't be over in another month
well you could be dead in another month and then it would be over - for you

PIZZA.BAT
Nov 12, 2016

youtube just decided to suggest a fox news clip, 'coronavirus may have started in chinese lab according to sources' to me

President Beep
Apr 30, 2009

i have to have a car because otherwise i cant drive around the country solving mysteries while being doggedly pursued by federal marshals for a crime i did not commit (9/11)

PIZZA.BAT posted:

youtube just decided to suggest a fox news clip, 'coronavirus may have started in chinese lab according to sources' to me

there's this youtube channel i watch sometimes where the dude talks about all sorts of weird military firearms but he's not all 2nd amendment about it. kind of interesting stuff. now i get ads for epoch times and laser gunsights and poo poo.

e: those fucks don't even say the name of their dumb paper right. they pronounce it like "epic".

Sagebrush
Feb 26, 2012

President Beep posted:

there's this youtube channel i watch sometimes where the dude talks about all sorts of weird military firearms but he's not all 2nd amendment about it. kind of interesting stuff. now i get ads for epoch times and laser gunsights and poo poo.

e: those fucks don't even say the name of their dumb paper right. they pronounce it like "epic".

is it the forgotten weapons one with the guy who looks like a young colonel sanders? that one is very good. i like that he talks almost entirely about the mechanisms. i don't care about gun right stuff or shooting at people or things but i do like machines.

Jonny 290
May 5, 2005

[ASK] me about OS/2 Warp
forgotten weapons and hickok45 are the two best youtube channels for things that go bang. Hickok had a streak where he was shilling the NRA a bit, but actually put out a video repudiating them. retired school teacher that just likes to blast 2 liter bottles with weird guns.

President Beep
Apr 30, 2009

i have to have a car because otherwise i cant drive around the country solving mysteries while being doggedly pursued by federal marshals for a crime i did not commit (9/11)

Sagebrush posted:

is it the forgotten weapons one with the guy who looks like a young colonel sanders? that one is very good. i like that he talks almost entirely about the mechanisms. i don't care about gun right stuff or shooting at people or things but i do like machines.

Jonny 290 posted:

forgotten weapons

that's the dude. lots of oddball stuff.

H.P. Hovercraft
Jan 12, 2004

one thing a computer can do that most humans can't is be sealed up in a cardboard box and sit in a warehouse
Slippery Tilde

President Beep posted:

that's a valid pronunciation in american english :eng101:

Blinkz0rz
May 27, 2001

MY CONTEMPT FOR MY OWN EMPLOYEES IS ONLY MATCHED BY MY LOVE FOR TOM BRADY'S SWEATY MAGA BALLS

President Beep posted:

i watched a single youtube video today about a breathing technique to help those with covid symptoms and the pre- and post-video ads were both for epoch times and i pretty much never use youtube except for linked videos from this dumb forum

Shaggar
Apr 26, 2006

Jonny 290 posted:

forgotten weapons and hickok45 are the two best youtube channels for things that go bang. Hickok had a streak where he was shilling the NRA a bit, but actually put out a video repudiating them. retired school teacher that just likes to blast 2 liter bottles with weird guns.

I haven't watched hickok45 but Ian from Forgotten Weapons is really great.

President Beep
Apr 30, 2009

H.P. Hovercraft posted:

that's a valid pronunciation in american english :eng101:

i will never say it like that :colbert:

President Beep
Apr 30, 2009

it's loving dumb!

President Beep
Apr 30, 2009

j'sign!

rotor
Jun 11, 2001

classic case of pineapple derangement syndrome

President Beep posted:

it's loving dumb!

super agreed

Broken Machine
Oct 22, 2010

kinda surprised epoch times isn't about linux / unix

President Beep
Apr 30, 2009

i don’t doubt that hp is correct, but when some smuggo white young conservative pops up on my ipad screen talking about “the epic times” and how the chinese COMMUNISTS are after him i get a bit annoyed

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Captain Foo
May 11, 2004

we vibin'
we slidin'
we breathin'
we dyin'

oh man i forgot about hickok45, that guy's great