Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

IcePhoenix
Sep 18, 2005

Take me to your Shida

Failson posted:

At this point, it's just something I can watch with my elderly mother. Joel was a slight glimmer of hope, but the show has worn so, so thin.

I was replying to the poster before me, not expressing a general opinion of the show, sorry if it wasn't clear.

I still like the show even if it's fourth on my "which show do I watch from tonight" list (it gets a "watch third" pass sometimes because of how youtube's dvr clips recordings though)

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Waltzing Along
Jun 14, 2008

There's only one
Human race
Many faces
Everybody belongs here
I agree that Astronaut is JGL. I read your prediction and when I heard 500 I was like...yup. And the voice sounds like him, too.

Trex is gone next week. She's awful. Moves around a lot but might be the worst singer since Chong.

Dell_Zincht
Nov 5, 2003

Pretty much everyone on the internet seems to think Astronaut is Hunter Hayes.

As a Brit, I have no idea who he is but by looking at his Wikipedia absolutely none of the clues so far seem to fit if it is him.

Crusty Nutsack
Apr 21, 2005

SUCK LASER, COPPERS

that was some real bottom of the barrel poo poo with t-rex, but we all figured that was the case.

somekindofguy
Mar 9, 2011
Grimey Drawer
Eh, takes all audiences I suppose. Given we had Ninja last season, it wasn't off the table.

I'm excited to see Turtle back again next week though. Maybe White Tiger will finally go home.

IcePhoenix
Sep 18, 2005

Take me to your Shida

We can only hope

ArtVandelay
Jul 13, 2004

I'm 35 and try and pay attention to pop culture as much as I can. I have no idea who Bella Thorne or JoJo Siwa are. You kids gets off my lawn, I guess.

Dell_Zincht
Nov 5, 2003

Haha T-Rex was loving awful

Waltzing Along
Jun 14, 2008

There's only one
Human race
Many faces
Everybody belongs here
I think Night Angel has the worst mask of any contestant in the 3 seasons so far. I find it really disturbing. Great singer, but I hope she is gone soon so I don't have to look at it any more.

Color Printer
May 9, 2011

You get used to it. I don't
even see the code. All I see
is Ipecac, Scapular, Polyphemus...

So White Tiger definitely bites it tonight right? Right??? Right????????

Seiyal
Jul 9, 2015

In my mind I just pretend. My brain is my only true friend.

Color Printer posted:

So White Tiger definitely bites it tonight right? Right??? Right????????

If we quote it, so it *should* be.

2 hour show tonight all!

Edit: There's about 1 "weaker" link in each group, so if they don't kick Tiger to the curb, based on past week's, it'll either be Banana or Astronaut. The rest are pretty noticeably stronger singers.

Seiyal fucked around with this message at 01:10 on Apr 2, 2020

Crusty Nutsack
Apr 21, 2005

SUCK LASER, COPPERS

that was just as bad as expected

Color Printer
May 9, 2011

If we're going off performance rather than singing, that wasn't even that good this time, at all

Crusty Nutsack
Apr 21, 2005

SUCK LASER, COPPERS

Color Printer posted:

If we're going off performance rather than singing, that wasn't even that good this time, at all

it's because he clearly doesn't care about even trying

Seiyal
Jul 9, 2015

1/3rd of the way there now...

Seiyal
Jul 9, 2015

I was about to be very mad at the television. April Fools indeed.

Crusty Nutsack
Apr 21, 2005

SUCK LASER, COPPERS

I feel like I just wasted two hours of my life since we all knew it was gronk

good lord he got even worse with his end-of-show "singing"

Crusty Nutsack fucked around with this message at 03:00 on Apr 2, 2020

Color Printer
May 9, 2011

"I wanted to learn how to sing" well Gronk I have some unfortunate news for you

somekindofguy
Mar 9, 2011
Grimey Drawer
And the world rejoiced.

Smackdowns are coming back next week apparently. Should be fun.

Faustian Bargain
Apr 12, 2014

Oh my god Gronk singing too sexy was the worst.

IcePhoenix
Sep 18, 2005

Take me to your Shida

I keep getting increasingly annoyed that the judges don't guess people with heterochromia for the Kitty. Or at least acknowledge it I guess. It feels like a Chekhov's Gun.

Waltzing Along
Jun 14, 2008

There's only one
Human race
Many faces
Everybody belongs here
I actually enjoyed Gronks performance in this ep more than any of the others. He had to go, but I wouldn't have minded him staying one more week.

Dell_Zincht
Nov 5, 2003

Hah, Gronk gets eliminated one week away from being the host of WWE Wrestlemania.

Yeah, this show isn't fixed at all.

Waltzing Along
Jun 14, 2008

There's only one
Human race
Many faces
Everybody belongs here
Is Wrestlemania happening?

ghost emoji
Mar 11, 2016

oooOooOOOooh

Dell_Zincht posted:

Hah, Gronk gets eliminated one week away from being the host of WWE Wrestlemania.

Honestly I don't mind if it's fixed. It's not like they're struggling artists competing for a record contract.

Dell_Zincht
Nov 5, 2003

Waltzing Along posted:

Is Wrestlemania happening?

Over two nights, already taped from the WWE Performance Center with no audience, lol

IcePhoenix
Sep 18, 2005

Take me to your Shida

Dell_Zincht posted:

nobody caaaares

Waltzing Along
Jun 14, 2008

There's only one
Human race
Many faces
Everybody belongs here
I was thinking about this while watching:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=5LFq4VLWPJQ

And I still think that this has been the best performance of the show. And if he had done it in the finale he would have won.

Dell_Zincht
Nov 5, 2003

I don't think it aired in the USA, or if anybody watched it via other means, but the UK version was just so much better in every single aspect.

It was still pre-recorded, and seemed to have a much smaller production budget than the USA version, but everything about it just seemed a bit more...honest? Like our host actually told us that the characters performing in the clue packages weren't actually the celebs, and the audience weren't made to do the stupid character chants (with accompanying cringeworthy hand motions!) after each performance, and the panelists didn't act QUITE so dumb about their guesses (Ken Jeong notwithstanding) but the biggest shock of all is that the UK version actually got rid of the worst singers early on, for the most part.

I mean our winner was Queen Bee, who sang THIS as her first song:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=MviBWnDOorw

It's strange. I like watching the US version, but it's like watching Kitchen Nightmares USA. The formula is very similar, but it just seems so much more....fake.

somekindofguy
Mar 9, 2011
Grimey Drawer
Kind of called that unmasking. But what is with Jenny nailing all these guesses lately?

IcePhoenix
Sep 18, 2005

Take me to your Shida

somekindofguy posted:

Kind of called that unmasking. But what is with Jenny nailing all these guesses lately?

She gets a lot of weird ones but I guess it's her job to know some of that stuff.

I almost got really shook because I wasn't paying full attention at the end so I thought that Astronaut was voted out lol

Color Printer
May 9, 2011

IcePhoenix posted:

She gets a lot of weird ones but I guess it's her job to know some of that stuff.

I almost got really shook because I wasn't paying full attention at the end so I thought that Astronaut was voted out lol

he fuckin switched!!! before the break he said "the person going home is....." and afterwards he said he was announcing the winner! what the gently caress Nick!!!!!

IcePhoenix
Sep 18, 2005

Take me to your Shida

Oh good so it was only partially my fault then

Crusty Nutsack
Apr 21, 2005

SUCK LASER, COPPERS

sooo this ep is a dumb karaoke clip show or?

edit: that ending was honestly the worst loving thing ever

Crusty Nutsack fucked around with this message at 01:59 on Apr 16, 2020

Failson
Sep 2, 2018
Fun Shoe

Crusty Nutsack posted:

sooo this ep is a dumb karaoke clip show or?

edit: that ending was honestly the worst loving thing ever

Was that planned, or did the show catch the 'roni?

Waltzing Along
Jun 14, 2008

There's only one
Human race
Many faces
Everybody belongs here
I'm guessing they ran out of episodes.

IcePhoenix
Sep 18, 2005

Take me to your Shida

Failson posted:

Was that planned, or did the show catch the 'roni?

Waltzing Along posted:

I'm guessing they ran out of episodes.

I didn't want to guess so I googled it and this was the first result

https://www.goldderby.com/article/2020/the-masked-singer-season-3-schedule-coronavirus/

(It was planned because their filming is already done)

Waltzing Along
Jun 14, 2008

There's only one
Human race
Many faces
Everybody belongs here
How are they keeping the results under wraps with 200+ people in the audiences?

IcePhoenix
Sep 18, 2005

Take me to your Shida

Short version is: NDAs, they don't allow phones and stuff inside the studio, and (probably most importantly) most of the audience is removed when the actual reveal happens so the only ones who actually know are probably pre-vetted

I read an article about it sometime near the end of season 1 that's probably linked in one (or maybe both!) of the first two threads but don't feel like spending the thirty seconds to find it again :v:

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Dell_Zincht
Nov 5, 2003

Yeah the actual reveal isn't shown to the studio audience, the reactions are manufactured just like pretty much everything else.

It was the same for the UK version, apparently.