Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Kloaked00
Jun 21, 2005

I was sitting in my office on that drizzly afternoon listening to the monotonous staccato of rain on my desk and reading my name on the glass of my office door: regnaD kciN

Scientastic posted:

Although I did add something: I added quotes to back me up and try and convince others, where you were lazy and relied on players checking for themselves.

I appreciate the response. I’ve done similar things in the past, and I was basically looking to see if you would respond directly to me or not to help further guide my gut feeling on you. And I agree, the case is better with examples included rather than my description of what he was doing

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Kloaked00
Jun 21, 2005

I was sitting in my office on that drizzly afternoon listening to the monotonous staccato of rain on my desk and reading my name on the glass of my office door: regnaD kciN

merk posted:

It's the same overall point against both of you. You are here to make safe reads instead of hunt scum.

Which part do you consider the safe read. What I said about Andy/Sci or the case I put forth against E+ ?

merk
May 20, 2003

##interact

Kloaked00 posted:

Which part do you consider the safe read. What I said about Andy/Sci or the case I put forth against E+ ?

All of it. Nothing you said in that post matters. You're lightly flinging stuff.

merk
May 20, 2003

##interact
KK's tone reads pretty scummy. He's acting like town leader in posts but hasn't done anything to really advance discussion.

merk
May 20, 2003

##interact

Khris Kruel posted:

Amnistar, you are now doubling down on your vote for capn andy. That's nice and all, but who else acting around you do you suspect?

This is a classic scum move when a player is voting someone you know is town. Appear helpful by asking a question... but really distance yourself from that player's vote on town.

It doesn't really look like KK helping a scum buddy because a subsequent post where KK says that Andy is town.

merk
May 20, 2003

##interact
I think I'm down with this: ##vote KK

I would like people to comment on the Mikujin case though.

merk
May 20, 2003

##interact
...and KK's Jen X "this post screams scum" is performative.

xopods
Oct 26, 2010

merk posted:

It seems reasonable, but I will say what you're finding scummy about him here is very much like what I found scummy about him in Grandi's Cookfia just a couple weeks ago, and he turns out to be Town there.

It's only one data point and any other meta reads I have on Miku are years out of date, but it makes me less inclined to believe that "posting thoughts but not pushing for any particular lunch" is a scum tell for him. He's still in my null read pile as a result.

Scientastic
Mar 1, 2010

TRULY scientastic.
🔬🍒

merk posted:

I think I'm down with this: ##vote KK

merk posted:

Not one of these cases is very sexy,
To me, this looks like a player coming to the thread and wanting to make consistent, light callouts and throwaway town reads rather than someone actually here to find scum.

I'm ambivalent about your Mikujin case: I can see the logic, but something about Mik's posts reads as sort of innocent. I don't know, it's a feeling, they just feel like he's trying to catch up on the thread and is posting as he sees it. I don't read an ulterior motive in the tone.

Kloaked00
Jun 21, 2005

merk posted:

All of it. Nothing you said in that post matters. You're lightly flinging stuff.

I’m not expecting to convince you of anything, but I definitely disagree. Andy was a prominent topic of discussion yesterday, and I made a firm read on him though it was based on weak evidence (e.g. a gut call from prior playing experience). I also made a firm read on Sci with reasoning to back it.

The case I made was a novel one, and is pretty much the same case you made against Mikuljin and myself. So, by that, you’re lightly flinging stuff as well. If I’m missing the difference, please explain (can’t figure out a way to word that where it’s an honest ask and doesn’t come off as defensive or sarcastic)

I guess we just differ on what we think constitutes a effort post

Dexanth
Dec 4, 2003

The last thing an ice cream cone ever sees

Kashuno posted:

It’s so weird to me reading old players post and being like “wow has the overall meta shifted this much”

please elaborate im actually curious lol

Scientastic
Mar 1, 2010

TRULY scientastic.
🔬🍒

merk posted:

KK's tone reads pretty scummy. He's acting like town leader in posts but hasn't done anything to really advance discussion.

I don't think KK has made enough posts to conclude "acting like town leader"

Dexanth
Dec 4, 2003

Okay this person has gotten no scrutiny so ##Vote Mr. Humalong

honestly this requires very little to do:

it's been a bunch since d1 started and he has accused no one, no suspicion, nothing

13 posts and our best gets are

Mr. Humalong posted:

What do you think it is?

in response to Tom asking a question and

Mr. Humalong posted:

##vote kashuno

For kashuno posting 'slap fight'

like there is no signal, only noise

v scummy

merk
May 20, 2003

##interact

Scientastic posted:

I don't think KK has made enough posts to conclude "acting like town leader"

You don't need a lot of posts to have the tone I'm describing. Here are snippets that jumped out to me (almost his whole post history):

Khris Kruel posted:

points the interrogation lamp light at Amnistar

Who do you feel is supporting your case, and why are you uncomfortable with people supporting your cases?

Khris Kruel posted:

I find it a very town move to want to move to serious discussion quickly, so glad everyone's racketing up the board.

Khris Kruel posted:

Amnistar, you are now doubling down on your vote for capn andy. That's nice and all, but who else acting around you do you suspect?

One of the basic goals of scum is to get town to attack each other, and then push that lynch while making you the fall guy. If you're town, who would you suspect doing this?

Khris Kruel posted:

for the record, capnandy and amnistar are reading town to me. Looks like your normal day 1 egos clashing.

merk
May 20, 2003

##interact

Dexanth posted:

it's been a bunch since d1 started and he has accused no one, no suspicion, nothing

v scummy

Yeah, I saw this too. I thought it was weird Humalong voted Kashuno after me when I made no case. Part of me thought I might be right and that's a scum buddy distancing thinking I might have would up to making a claim, but then I thought I was overthinking it.

Amnistar
Nov 6, 2008

I am a wizard, not a poet.

Dexanth posted:

v scummy

Dislike this. It was clear that the vote on Kash was because Kash implied that both andy and I are town.

Dexanth
Dec 4, 2003

also the KK callout is a good one and I would happily vote there as well but want scrutiny on this guy in the interim

Dexanth
Dec 4, 2003

Amnistar posted:

Dislike this. It was clear that the vote on Kash was because Kash implied that both andy and I are town.

okay looking at what prompted it you have a point

otoh the fact you rush to defend him so fast kind of is also scummy

like you know let him defend himself instead of providing defense before they can justify their own actions

all he has to do now is go 'oh what amnistar said' and yea, we get no useful info

Kashuno
Oct 9, 2012

Where the hell is my SWORD?
Grimey Drawer

Dexanth posted:

please elaborate im actually curious lol

I can't really it's like..a vibe, I guess

Dexanth
Dec 4, 2003

Kashuno posted:

I can't really it's like..a vibe, I guess

but i mean vibes have a feel you know, like is it groovy or chill or full of spiders?

Amnistar
Nov 6, 2008

Dexanth posted:

okay looking at what prompted it you have a point

otoh the fact you rush to defend him so fast kind of is also scummy

like you know let him defend himself instead of providing defense before they can justify their own actions

all he has to do now is go 'oh what amnistar said' and yea, we get no useful info

Err..I am saying you are scummy for jumping on this, not defending them...

merk
May 20, 2003

##interact

Khris Kruel posted:

for the record, capnandy and amnistar are reading town to me. Looks like your normal day 1 egos clashing.

KK also implies that Andy and Amnistar are town.

merk
May 20, 2003

##interact
I feel like KK is probably scum here. The more I think about it, the stronger the feeling comes.

Amnistar
Nov 6, 2008

Because you pulled a vote and removed context.l then called it scummy.

Mr. Humalong
May 7, 2007

Yeah, what Amnistar said

merk
May 20, 2003

##interact
KK's reads are way overblown in confidence for d1:

Khris Kruel posted:

This screams scum to me.

Khris Kruel posted:

KK makes no mention at all of his concern over Amnistar earlier in the day. He also never makes an alignment read during that questioning.

Khris Kruel posted:

points the interrogation lamp light at Amnistar

Who do you feel is supporting your case, and why are you uncomfortable with people supporting your cases?

Khris Kruel posted:

I find it highly waffly and scummy to make cases and "feel uneasy" when people agree with your case.

Did KK forget that he had this read on Amnistar earlier?

merk
May 20, 2003

##interact
All, it's KK. I'll put the merk stamp of approval on that vote.

Mr. Humalong
May 7, 2007

The only people that call two other posters arguing a “slap fight” are scum or very bad players because it’s an enormous scum tell

Kashuno
Oct 9, 2012

Grimey Drawer
lmao

merk
May 20, 2003

##interact

Mr. Humalong posted:

The only people that call two other posters arguing a “slap fight” are scum or very bad players because it’s an enormous scum tell

When I read Kashuno's other stuff, I felt less confident about my vote. I didn't really think of this point though. I was instead thinking about your making the vote.

Hmm.

xopods
Oct 26, 2010

merk posted:

I feel like KK is probably scum here. The more I think about it, the stronger the feeling comes.

Yep, same. Though I focused on the inconsistency in that Jen post as the most concrete thing I can point to, everything about his history sets my spider sense tingling and definitely stronger when I was reading it the second time this morning than the first time yesterday.

It's that infallible D1 gut feeling for sure.

merk
May 20, 2003

##interact

Do you think Humalong is town or scum?

Amnistar
Nov 6, 2008

Mr. Humalong posted:

Yeah, what Amnistar said

I love you hum.

Mr. Humalong
May 7, 2007

merk posted:

Prepare for waffling

Kashuno
Oct 9, 2012

Grimey Drawer

merk posted:

Their laziness in their posting and their casing, considering how much content there is to analyze, is dumb bad town.

Mr. Humalong
May 7, 2007

merk posted:

KK's reads are way overblown in confidence for d1:

KK makes no mention at all of his concern over Amnistar earlier in the day. He also never makes an alignment read during that questioning.

Did KK forget that he had this read on Amnistar earlier?

I like this along with the point about his case on Jen. Combine that with that weird roleplay post and yeah, I can dig a KK vote.

##vote KK

For reference, I feel good about KK being scum. Slightly less so about Kash.

Not super excited about all the people throwing spaghetti at the wall but they’re old players shaking off the rust.

Is yuming in this game?

Mr. Humalong
May 7, 2007

Kashuno posted:

Their laziness in their posting and their casing, considering how much content there is to analyze, is dumb bad town.

Lol someone’s offended

Kashuno
Oct 9, 2012

Grimey Drawer

Dexanth posted:

but i mean vibes have a feel you know, like is it groovy or chill or full of spiders?

It's like a chill vibe

xopods
Oct 26, 2010

Also, for anyone on the fence about KK or not really seeing it, there's a strong case to be made for a D1 lunch that can clearly be attributed to one or a small number of players.

Often you end up with votes scattered around close to deadline and Townies shuffle around semi-randomly trying to figure out who there's enough support to lunch. That makes it very easy for Scum to get a Town lunch without taking direct responsibility for it.

I'm not going to say I'm 100% sure KK's Scum cause it's impossible to be 100% sure. But you've got me and merk here willing to take responsibility for this, plus probably DBD though I don't want to speak for him. Anyway, IMO any lunch where you can say clearly "here are the people who made that happen" is a good one from the perspective of information later in the game.

Also, KK will probably turn out to be Scum, so that's also a very good reason to lunch him.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Kashuno
Oct 9, 2012

Grimey Drawer

merk posted:

When I read Kashuno's other stuff, I felt less confident about my vote. I didn't really think of this point though. I was instead thinking about your making the vote.

Hmm.

I wish search on these dumb forums worked so I could go back and find all the times I've used slapfight or slap fight over the years