Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Josef bugman
Nov 17, 2011

Pictured: Poster prepares to celebrate Holy Communion (probablY)

This avatar made possible by a gift from the Religionthread Posters Relief Fund
I support the NHS by do things to support it. Demonstrating support through action is more important than talking and doing nothing of material consequence.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Guilty
May 3, 2003
Ask me about how people having a bad reaction to MSG makes them racist, because I've never heard of gluten sensitivity

sugar mouse posted:

But actually, people do take note. I've seen more than a few Facebook posts moaning that their street isn't taking part enough.

Yes. The British stereotype is real.
These are probably the same people that panic bought all the PPE equipment at the start of the crisis, so their opinions on the NHS mean exactly 0

Data Graham
Dec 28, 2009

📈📊🍪😋

I like how when Boris Johnson got out of the hospital he said "the thing I'm proudest of is that the British people formed a human shield around the NHS"

AND SAVED IT FROM WHOOOO

Biplane
Jul 18, 2005

Whatever idiot on the last page admiring the queen for "working" is the biggest idiot so far today.

MizPiz
May 29, 2013

by Athanatos
Never forget that the royal family, yes, including the queen, are the center of Britain's pedophile network.

PetraCore
Jul 20, 2017

👁️🔥👁️👁️👁️BE NOT👄AFRAID👁️👁️👁️🔥👁️

Honest question, what do you think about Harry and Meghan leaving? I think it's both funny and honestly they should run even further.

MizPiz
May 29, 2013

by Athanatos

PetraCore posted:

Honest question, what do you think about Harry and Meghan leaving? I think it's both funny and honestly they should run even further.

Says a lot about a family that the most likeable member is someone who's worn full nazi regalia on more than one occassion

PetraCore
Jul 20, 2017

MizPiz posted:

Says a lot about a family that the most likeable member is someone who's worn full nazi regalia on more than one occassion
Yes but the humor is in how the people who really care about the royal family are super upset someone can just leave. It's almost like... royalty doesn't mean anything?

sugar mouse
Oct 17, 2006

Honestly I don't think most people here care what Megan and Harry do. The people that do are the type that still have a Diana porcelain decorative plate on their wall and read the daily mail.

BioEnchanted
Aug 9, 2011

He plays for the dreamers that forgot how to dream, and the lovers that forgot how to love.
I just kind of want them to totally drop off the map, only take enough money to start themselves off in Canada then just get normal jobs. Prince Harry working doing tech support for Aon or something is just funny to me.

Nastyman
Jul 11, 2007

There they sit
at the foot of the mountain
Taking hits
of the sacred smoke
Fire rips at their lungs
Holy mountain take us away
I'm finding it exceedingly hard to believe they won't have money thrown at them for the rest of their lives.

CharlestheHammer
Jun 26, 2011

YOU SAY MY POSTS ARE THE RAVINGS OF THE DUMBEST PERSON ON GOD'S GREEN EARTH BUT YOU YOURSELF ARE READING THEM. CURIOUS!
Well yeah but that’s how it it goes for any wealthy person.

It’s extremely hard to go broke unless you are legendarily bad with money

Edgar Allen Ho
Apr 3, 2017

by sebmojo
The literal disgraced nazi-sympathizer former King lived like, well, a king for the rest of his long and happy life.

there wolf
Jan 11, 2015

by Fluffdaddy

BioEnchanted posted:

I just kind of want them to totally drop off the map, only take enough money to start themselves off in Canada then just get normal jobs. Prince Harry working doing tech support for Aon or something is just funny to me.

They're both independently wealthy so there's no 'taking just enough money.' They're probably just smart enough to see which way the wind is blowing in regards to overall popularity of the monarchy and their own popularity within it, and are loving off while they're in a position of financial and social strength.

Tenebrais
Sep 2, 2011

there wolf posted:

They're both independently wealthy so there's no 'taking just enough money.' They're probably just smart enough to see which way the wind is blowing in regards to overall popularity of the monarchy and their own popularity within it, and are loving off while they're in a position of financial and social strength.

Also the racism. The sort of people that are big fans of the royal family are also the sort to care deeply that a part of it is black now. It's barely concealed at best.

PetraCore
Jul 20, 2017

there wolf posted:

Right, my understanding is they're no longer taking taxpayer money and that sounds good to me.

Biplane
Jul 18, 2005

They've built up a stockpile of taxpayer money though that will keep giving them more money forever due to economics. It's all undeserved. Well I guess Megan Markle actually worked for whatever money she has banked.

PetraCore
Jul 20, 2017

Biplane posted:

They've built up a stockpile of taxpayer money though that will keep giving them more money forever due to economics. It's all undeserved. Well I guess Megan Markle actually worked for whatever money she has banked.
Listen - I'm happy if they settle down, pay taxes, and fade away. A lot of poo poo in life is undeserved, positive and negative. Them actually walking away from being taxpayer funded for life just because of who Harry's dad happens to be is a chink in the idea that monarchy deserves that money, and that's not nothing.

trickybiscuits
Jan 13, 2008

yospos

sugar mouse posted:

It's like you know me personally.

But actually, people do take note. I've seen more than a few Facebook posts moaning that their street isn't taking part enough. Not to mention the discussions over queuing etiquette. My other half nearly got in a fight today at tesco because he queued wrong.

Yes. The British stereotype is real.
Tell people that you support the NHS in the only way that matters: with money.

nexus6
Sep 2, 2011

If only you could see what I've seen with your eyes

trickybiscuits posted:

Or by not cluttering up the system by ignoring social distancing policies and going to the park for ice cream.

Internet Wizard
Aug 9, 2009

BANDAIDS DON'T FIX BULLET HOLES

PetraCore posted:

Listen - I'm happy if they settle down, pay taxes, and fade away. A lot of poo poo in life is undeserved, positive and negative. Them actually walking away from being taxpayer funded for life just because of who Harry's dad happens to be is a chink in the idea that monarchy deserves that money, and that's not nothing.

Lookit this naive soul that thinks people that rich pay taxes

christmas boots
Oct 15, 2012

To these sing-alongs 🎤of siren 🧜🏻‍♀️songs
To oohs😮 to ahhs😱 to 👏big👏applause👏
With all of my 😡anger I scream🤬 and shout📢
🇺🇸America🦅, I love you 🥰but you're freaking 💦me 😳out
Biscuit Hider

Tenebrais posted:

Also the racism. The sort of people that are big fans of the royal family are also the sort to care deeply that a part of it is black now. It's barely concealed at best.

Between the British media killing his mom and harassing his wife, I wouldn’t be surprised if he was the one that wanted to leave

MizPiz posted:

He’s probably just the only one that got caught

sugar mouse
Oct 17, 2006

trickybiscuits posted:

I'm not a wealthy person... However I'm doing any volunteer stuff I can find. I got my neighbour some jelly babies because he missed them. Does that help?

(Thing is, if you live in a small town here, there's not a huge amount you can do except sit home)

there wolf
Jan 11, 2015

by Fluffdaddy

Tenebrais posted:

That's exactly what I was going for with popularity within. I think they saw a future where republican sentiments were strong, and they and their children would constantly be subjected to racism and told they should shut up and be grateful for it because the Family needs the support of the royalists in this trying time, and they opted to bow the gently caress out before things got there.

BattyKiara
Mar 17, 2009

Josef bugman posted:

I think she's holding on in the hope that Charlie dies first.

It wouldn't surprise me if he did either.

According to one conspiracy theory I read somewhere Liz died just after her mum did. Today's "Queen" is a paid lookalike. Proof: the "New Queen" never smiles, because the double doesn't do the smile correctly. Why? To keep Charles and especially Camilla from the throne!

chitoryu12
Apr 24, 2014

https://twitter.com/laurawags/status/1250601850023358464?s=21

Son of Thunderbeast
Sep 21, 2002

PetraCore
Jul 20, 2017

does this guy think people can normally see out of glass eyes?

TinTower
Apr 21, 2010

You don't have to 8e a good person to 8e a hero.
https://twitter.com/sunnydelight/status/1250825411606478849?s=21

hawowanlawow
Jul 27, 2009

well I guess all the conspiracy nutsos have to do something for a living, and some of them run obscure corporate twitters

they can't all be nurses

chitoryu12
Apr 24, 2014

Push El Burrito
May 9, 2006

Soiled Meat
Chemtrails, 5G, loose change... OOH SUNNY D!

Anora
Feb 16, 2014

I fuckin suck!🪠
https://twitter.com/JThomsonCook/status/1250397687146561538

hawowanlawow
Jul 27, 2009

human resource sustainment hour, satisfy all of your biological needs!

rad!

sugar mouse
Oct 17, 2006

If you ever wondered what small town Britain is really like, one woman just posted asking people to not bang pots and pans for the NHS clap on Facebook because it wakes up her kid and now half the town is planning to make even more noise next week just to piss her off.

BioEnchanted
Aug 9, 2011

He plays for the dreamers that forgot how to dream, and the lovers that forgot how to love.

Reminds me of the episode of Recess where they cancel Recess but then end up completely reinventing it as if it was a new idea when the kid's start performing worse than ever.

END OF AN ERROR
May 16, 2003

IT'S LEGO, not Legos. Heh

sugar mouse posted:

If you ever wondered what small town Britain is really like, one woman just posted asking people to not bang pots and pans for the NHS clap on Facebook because it wakes up her kid and now half the town is planning to make even more noise next week just to piss her off.

All the clap stuff around here is 7pm. Is that what it is there too? Because if so, gently caress her. It’s 7pm, not midnight. Why are your kids even asleep at 7pm.

Henchman of Santa
Aug 21, 2010

Tiny Lowtax posted:

All the clap stuff around here is 7pm. Is that what it is there too? Because if so, gently caress her. It’s 7pm, not midnight. Why are your kids even asleep at 7pm.

That's pretty normal for a baby or toddler.

END OF AN ERROR
May 16, 2003

IT'S LEGO, not Legos. Heh

Henchman of Santa posted:

Lol

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

christmas boots
Oct 15, 2012

To these sing-alongs 🎤of siren 🧜🏻‍♀️songs
To oohs😮 to ahhs😱 to 👏big👏applause👏
With all of my 😡anger I scream🤬 and shout📢
🇺🇸America🦅, I love you 🥰but you're freaking 💦me 😳out
Biscuit Hider

Henchman of Santa posted:

lmao what is it a school night? loving losers