Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Ballbot5000
Dec 13, 2008

Fabricati diem, pvnc.
No idea if my little dude is dead or alive but signing up.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

A Salty Affair
Oct 9, 2012

I'm a biologist but feel free to throw my body at the alien hordes.

Angry Diplomat
Nov 7, 2009

Winner of the TSR Memorial Award for Excellence In Grogging
I already died, but I request that at least one of the volunteers be given my sword (or just any sword, but we can pretend it's mine) so that they can follow in my footsteps by stabbing a bunch of poo poo and then abruptly exploding

Necros
Jul 23, 2003

i was one of the dumbasses that joined in the big group at the end. on the plus side it got me playing xcom on my own. you dont have to put me in. im fine just checking on the thread.

hydroceramics
Jan 8, 2014
Sign me up and blast my brains with space drugs if possible.

vorebane
Feb 2, 2009

"I like Ur and Kavodel and Enki being nice to people for some reason."

Wrong Voter amongst wrong voters
The amorphous vote dispenser that is currently inhabiting the engineer known as 'vorebane' is also willing to possess and send into battle some mooks.

zenguitarman
Apr 6, 2009

Come on, lemme see ya shake your tail feather

Coming back to this thread like

SniperWoreConverse
Mar 20, 2010

Gun Saliva

sebmojo posted:

Hells yeah
Dork McSpork reporting

Akratic Method posted:

I don't even remember if I'm alive, but if so, please repair that grievous state of affairs with a good ol' fashioned suicide mission.

You are in as a physics bot and will come out of retirement for one last mission, depending on what's going down

The Rabbi T. White posted:

Suuuuuuuure.

I better still be alive.

you are and you've had massive gains, 26% more ripped than previous

Discernibly Turgid posted:

Welp, biologists sure aren’t being kept busy by the US government right now, so you can blast me into space (provided, of course, that equipping me with anything deadlier than a pocket protector no longer breaks the game by duplicating the stashes of my fellow walking corpses.)

Here’s hoping I duplicate this guy’s success in terms of statistical unlikelihood (while improving on frequency.)

I wanna say the only person with broken inventory so far is honkey dong? dunno we'll see soon enough
There are critical biology research spots that are needed tho

SnotGrumble posted:

I was just assuming that a bio transport crammed with every soldier was shot down in the alien dimension. It spun in. There were no survivors.

no but this is essentially guaranteed to happen unless we can get our poo poo together

TK-42-1 posted:

Oh I'm so ready to beep boop through some skulls

ENGAGE MODE: TOTAL LIFE OBLITERATION

Jihad Joe posted:

No idea if my little dude is dead or alive but signing up.

Max brave, ready, willing, prepared to fight

A Salty Affair posted:

I'm a biologist but feel free to throw my body at the alien hordes.

Upper echelon researcher, critical work right now

Angry Diplomat posted:

I already died, but I request that at least one of the volunteers be given my sword (or just any sword, but we can pretend it's mine) so that they can follow in my footsteps by stabbing a bunch of poo poo and then abruptly exploding

the cursed sword has been passed to its next victim

hydroceramics posted:

Sign me up and blast my brains with space drugs if possible.

In, brain blasting will commence when all the recruits are at base

vorebane posted:

The amorphous vote dispenser that is currently inhabiting the engineer known as 'vorebane' is also willing to possess and send into battle some mooks.

Currently working on munitions, if agents are ripped apart by hyperspace storms we'll do what is needed to win

zenguitarman posted:

Coming back to this thread like

Plasma multi-system online, also you somehow have like 4x the amount of cargo right now, I assume we just tied all those carcasses and alien explosives to the roof

------------------------

Alright recap, just finished a mission at warehouse 5 to root out alien scum.

Currently headed home, our enemies are the aliens, Cult of Sirius, Solmine, and Extropians.
Our allies are the gov, cops, Transtellar shipping, Sensovision, and the criminal gang Osiron.
Superdynamics manufacturing and Nutrivend are somehow unfriendly to us for some reason. Every other org is neutral.

Ok, I think Dirtiest Harry, SilvergunSuperman, Discernably Turgid, and Stoner Sloth are the additional new recruits? Lemme know if I missed anyone. We have just enough room to get them fit in, might need to buy more bases.

We're 92% of the way to the next alien mission and have basically no air support. Gonna be a hard fight under dangerous alien conditions, and that's not even counting ingress or egress, which could easily become a clusterfuck.

Next step is to get the rookies to base, implant cybernetic space drugs for whoever volunteers, get everyone equipped, and by then we should be ready to launch.

SniperWoreConverse
Mar 20, 2010

Gun Saliva
Hmm there's a bunch of rookies being recruited who signed up before I paused the thread, if you don't post then you may lose your slot to one of the new baby fighters.

Neddy Seagoon
Oct 12, 2012

"Hi Everybody!"
Am I still alive? If not I request to re-enlist and be armed with enough rapid-firing heavy weaponry that the only safe place to be is behind me and mission scores based on how much property I demolish indiscriminately to kill minor threats.

SniperWoreConverse
Mar 20, 2010

Gun Saliva

p solid with the autocannon. Reminds me I need to buy a shitload of incendiary rounds for these upcoming alien dimension missions. It's really the only real situation where you actively want to just blow up the whole map

Neddy Seagoon
Oct 12, 2012

"Hi Everybody!"

SniperWoreConverse posted:

p solid with the autocannon. Reminds me I need to buy a shitload of incendiary rounds for these upcoming alien dimension missions. It's really the only real situation where you actively want to just blow up the whole map

Perfect.

sebmojo
Oct 23, 2010

Legit Cyberpunk

Drug me up coach I know I'm ready!

SniperWoreConverse
Mar 20, 2010

Gun Saliva
injecting cybernetics...
code:
sebmojo                        Value|Change|Result
----                           -----|~~~~~~|======
Health                         47   |88    |135
Accuracy                       67   |2     |69
Reactions                      13   |-8    |5
Speed                          75   |-8    |67
Stamina                        97   |-52   |45
Bravery                        20   |-10   |10
Strength                       50   |65    |115
Psi Energy                     5    |85    |90
Psi Attack                     9    |-4    |5
Psi Defense                    18   |-3    |15
Biochemistry                   0    |77    |77
Quantum Physics                0    |0     |0
Engineering                    0    |74    |74
                                  Ä: 306 
Literally now the most mathematically cowardly agent possible within the game. Hopefully the boosted stats will help. Plenty of psi energy but weak attack and defense -- it's like having amazing stamina and trash accuracy and strength. You'd also be an acceptable biologist or engineer now.

>
drugs do not appear in inventory because of a temporary glitch
also stamina and speed is showing up wrong but whatever it'll buff out i'm sure

sebmojo
Oct 23, 2010

Legit Cyberpunk

injecting cybernetics...
code:
sebmojo                        Value|Change|Result
----                           -----|~~~~~~|======
Health                         47   |88    |135
Accuracy                       67   |2     |69
Reactions                      13   |-8    |5
Speed                          75   |-8    |67
Stamina                        97   |-52   |45
Bravery                        20   |-10   |10
Strength                       50   |65    |115
Psi Energy                     5    |85    |90
Psi Attack                     9    |-4    |5
Psi Defense                    18   |-3    |15
Biochemistry                   0    |77    |77
Quantum Physics                0    |0     |0
Engineering                    0    |74    |74
                                  Ä: 306 
Literally now the most mathematically cowardly agent possible within the game. Hopefully the boosted stats will help. Plenty of psi energy but weak attack and defense -- it's like having amazing stamina and trash accuracy and strength. You'd also be an acceptable biologist or engineer now.

>
drugs do not appear in inventory because of a temporary glitch
also stamina and speed is showing up wrong but whatever it'll buff out i'm sure

Send me into that closet over there coach, where it's safe! I'm ready!

I'll need a torch because darkness gives me the heebie jeebies

Neddy Seagoon
Oct 12, 2012

"Hi Everybody!"

sebmojo posted:

Send me into that closet over there coach, where it's safe! I'm ready!

I'll need a torch because darkness gives me the heebie jeebies

Give me a minute and I'll light up the place real nice for you :supaburn:.

Sick Ness Monster
Dec 25, 2016
I can't remember if my character is alive, but if he is he's ready to die takin' down aliens, commander

SniperWoreConverse
Mar 20, 2010

Gun Saliva
sorry for the delay the psi lab exploded irl

Sick Ness Monster posted:

I can't remember if my character is alive, but if he is he's ready to die takin' down aliens, commander

I forgot how much of a pain in the rear end it is to wrangle 500 goon soldiers and can't remember who's who
CannonFodder is fired and swapped out for:

bromplicated is fired and replaced with

Necros gets swapped out for Stoner Sloth

SavageLad gets swapped with Discernibly Turgid

Next up will to try and get these guys equipped and look at the situation

SniperWoreConverse
Mar 20, 2010

Gun Saliva
So far we've been pretty lucky. The aliens haven't been able to assume control of any organizations, but they got sort of close a few times.

Right now Lifetree is the worst off but it's not a big deal imo, we're gonna go ahead and ignore it.

Yeah this is not a problem.

Our biologists have made a breakthru:

:siren::siren::siren: ALRIGHT THIS IS IT :siren::siren::siren:

We have 3 transport ships, and nothing else. No serious antiair systems, nothing. So, we need volunteers for a probable suicide mission to check out the alien food chamber. If you get shot down in the alien dimension, there isn't gonna be a way back home.

On top of this, our transports are still damaged from the last mission. They're not even close to repaired, in fact, they're totally hosed up. One is still pretty good tho, so

Launch dimension assault?
A: Scramble all craft
B: Cram everyone into the one good boat and launch
C: Wait until all ships are up and running, then send multiple squads

Discernibly Turgid
Mar 30, 2010

This was not the improvement I was asking for!
Hell yes!!! (Apologies to user Hell Yeah if that sashays a little too closely to trademark infringement .) No longer a prisoner of my puny biologist-appropriate meat prison, I am now capable of dying in a crash in an alien dimension, having vast sections of carelessly detonated building fall on me, or failing to shoot a slowly approaching alien at a distance that violates CDC guidelines for nCovid-19.

Why is nobody investigating whether aliens are the ones that engineered the virus??? Let’s get ‘em!!!

So happy to have a slammin’ codpiece and to be part of the sanctioned rabble! Now that I’m newly enlisted for fightin’, I just take orders (and, maybe, enjoy the hazing rituals I never experienced at summer camp.)

I prefer to die in combat, but in these times nobody is really getting their death of choice, are they?

Draadnagel
Jul 16, 2011

..zoekend naar draadnagels bij laag tij.
I’m for B. Load me in a transport vehicle and shove as many grenades and explosives in there.

HukHukHuk
Jun 27, 2011

I am the sound of cats and hairballs.
We folllow the curse to the end. Load me up.

Neddy Seagoon
Oct 12, 2012

"Hi Everybody!"
Oooh, a suicide mission, wow... geeze... uh... I'm just gonna stay and mind the base in case the Aliens come through in the meantime. Defend the homefront and all that...

I may be crazy, but I ain't stupid enough to sign up for a suicide run.

Also I vote Option C. If we do go in gun's blazing, let's do it right.

HBar
Sep 13, 2007

Did we ever capture a UFO 5? If we’re stuck with just the transports I better stay in engineering so we can rebuild faster when the existing trio gets vaporized.

Option C is the least bad. Be ready to make some immediate u-turns back into the portal if the alien fleet is concentrated too strongly around it.

SniperWoreConverse
Mar 20, 2010

Gun Saliva
Yeah right now we're repairing the ships and are building one probe to run as a distraction. Haven't gotten anything past that. The tanks might help with shooting down those guys, dunno.

I was thinking try to slink in by hiding in the craters of other buildings till we can get close enough to the alien food to scope it. We'll see what happens.

Iron Chef Ramen
Sep 15, 2007

HA HA! YOU HAVE CHOSEN POORLY!
Option B: Cram everyone into a boat and YOLO into the alien scum.

I think I'm still alive.

Big Beef City
Aug 15, 2013

Hello.

I am ready to do what I do best.
Die senselessly and terrified in some kind of upside alien ballsack.

I was born for this.

vorebane
Feb 2, 2009

C We got time, let's save our crazy up.

sebmojo
Oct 23, 2010

Legit Cyberpunk

B: pipette my fear-wracked meatjelly into the Death Wagon

sebmojo fucked around with this message at 01:17 on May 8, 2020

SniperWoreConverse
Mar 20, 2010

Gun Saliva
alright yeah it seems like B is narrowly winning. If it does and it looks like we're going to get shot down do we abort mission or are we truly going ALL IN on burning down the alien food?

Iron Chef Ramen
Sep 15, 2007

Don't abort, never abort.

Iron Chef Ramen
Sep 15, 2007

Just keep sending in endless dudes with guns, we'll win eventually.

Akratic Method
Mar 9, 2013

It's going to pay off eventually--I'm sure of it.

Any day now.

alright yeah it seems like B is narrowly winning. If it does and it looks like we're going to get shot down do we abort mission or are we truly going ALL IN on burning down the alien food?

They can take our lives, but by god we will take their potato chips, or alien bullshit dimension equivalent

zenguitarman
Apr 6, 2009

Come on, lemme see ya shake your tail feather

My body says B but my mind alSO SAYS B LET'S RIDE THIS SUMBITCH STRAIGHT TO GLORY

vorebane
Feb 2, 2009

You fools turn back at every available reason to do so

Stoner Sloth
Apr 2, 2019

B, and volunteering for first mission being a crazy one!

Draadnagel
Jul 16, 2011

..zoekend naar draadnagels bij laag tij.
If I remember correctly I have a lot of experience in killing aliens and i am still not a sergeant. So my resolve is to get a promotion through valiant idiocy (the American way). Send me in whatever happens.

SecretOfSteel
Apr 29, 2007

The secret of steel has always
carried with it a mystery.

I also want to remind people I was shot in the head by Psyche while loitering in the security station. I'm happy for everyone else to go and risk their lives, I'll be waiting here with either a "we did this as a team!" or a "I told them it wouldn't work" depending on how things go.

Discernibly Turgid
Mar 30, 2010

This was not the improvement I was asking for!
I need space drugs. Maybe some of the ones preemptively approved by the FDA during the great COVID sickening of 2020? I know they won’t prevent plague, but we were only in it for the side effects anyhow.

I miss this game and our pending destruction

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

SniperWoreConverse
Mar 20, 2010

Gun Saliva
Still got the saves. Did any heroes of earth get banned during the forums turmoil?