Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Unexpected Raw Anime
Oct 9, 2012

If PS5 launches with Bloodborne 60FPS as it’s only launch title I will pay $500 again to play it

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Ruffini
Oct 2, 2018
Ready for the Demon's Souls remake.

mysterious loyall X
Jul 8, 2003

the chalices aren't worth playing

tote up a bags
Jun 8, 2006

die stoats die

mysterious loyall X posted:

They have some unique bosses but most of those suck poo poo so yes, you are right probably

Scrub-Niggurath
Nov 27, 2007

just you wait until they discover the boss rush one

ziasquinn
Jan 1, 2006

Fallen Rib
chalices are a fun podcast diversion imo. plus i really enjoyed cooping the bosses through the short ritual search

Man with Hat
Dec 26, 2007

Open up your Dethday present
It's a box of fucking nothing

Exciting Lemon
I've been playing through Bloodborne again as a quarantine thing and it's drat good but holy loving poo poo frenzy is the worst goddamned piece of poo poo status effect I've ever experienced in a video game! A whole game of running up to and beating enemies up and being aggressive and then just wham, here, hide behind a rock for 4 minutes or die! It's cool, you can come back and explore later after you've found a secret passage you jump to from an elevator if you're lucky because half of the time you're gonna miss the hole in the wall and die! Oh, and after that we put three enemies that kill you in no time if you look at them lol, glhf. gently caress frenzy

Edit: I wrote that and immediately fell off the drat elevator

Ruffini
Oct 2, 2018
Maybe you should avoid getting frenzied.

The Klowner
Apr 20, 2019

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS

Man with Hat posted:

I've been playing through Bloodborne again as a quarantine thing and it's drat good but holy loving poo poo frenzy is the worst goddamned piece of poo poo status effect I've ever experienced in a video game! A whole game of running up to and beating enemies up and being aggressive and then just wham, here, hide behind a rock for 4 minutes or die! It's cool, you can come back and explore later after you've found a secret passage you jump to from an elevator if you're lucky because half of the time you're gonna miss the hole in the wall and die! Oh, and after that we put three enemies that kill you in no time if you look at them lol, glhf. gently caress frenzy

Edit: I wrote that and immediately fell off the drat elevator

Lmao

scary ghost dog
Aug 5, 2007

Ruffini posted:

This

In Training
Jun 28, 2008

Ruffini posted:

Pretty good advice

EmmyOk
Aug 11, 2013

Ruffini posted:

Arrhythmia
Jul 22, 2011

Ruffini posted:

Seems like a good idea.

Heath
Apr 30, 2008

🍂🎃🏞️💦
The Ashen Hunter set has the highest frenzy resist if I remember right

Man with Hat
Dec 26, 2007

Exciting Lemon

Ruffini posted:

I tried that and it worked pretty well, thanks.

Still call bullshit on having to warp to home and change my whole rune thing to fight three random monsters

Man with Hat
Dec 26, 2007

Exciting Lemon
So apparently there's DLC to this which I hear is good from this thread. Can I access the dlc bits from my save file after killing the wetnurse?

scary ghost dog
Aug 5, 2007

Man with Hat posted:

So apparently there's DLC to this which I hear is good from this thread. Can I access the dlc bits from my save file after killing the wetnurse?

any time after killing amelia but before entering ng+

In Training
Jun 28, 2008

the old hunters is in fact good. hell, better than good.

Man with Hat
Dec 26, 2007

Exciting Lemon
I found it and I'm now excited to play new Bloodborne content (for me). Lost my disk years ago and just bought it last week but I'd forgotten how drat good it is. I had also never found Cainhurst Castle before as it turns out, so that was also new and fun

scary ghost dog
Aug 5, 2007
cainhurst is so pretty

Man with Hat
Dec 26, 2007

Exciting Lemon

scary ghost dog posted:

cainhurst is so pretty

Yeah, but those giant four-legged bloodsac spiders outside were loving gross.

So far the DLC's real nice. Love the environment and the enemies/hunters are fun to fight! Made it to a guy with two claw weapons who liked to yell and jump at me and died with it having about 10 health left. It seems like they did the opposite of the Dark Souls DLC that took you back in time and took you forward in time here but that's just based on how the environment. Real pretty with Bloodborn in the sunshine!

scary ghost dog
Aug 5, 2007

Man with Hat posted:

Yeah, but those giant four-legged bloodsac spiders outside were loving gross.

So far the DLC's real nice. Love the environment and the enemies/hunters are fun to fight! Made it to a guy with two claw weapons who liked to yell and jump at me and died with it having about 10 health left. It seems like they did the opposite of the Dark Souls DLC that took you back in time and took you forward in time here but that's just based on how the environment. Real pretty with Bloodborn in the sunshine!

the old hunters isnt really the future or the past.....its set in Hunter Hell, which happens to also connect to Church Hell and Random Guy Hell, both of which u will get to, later.

The Klowner
Apr 20, 2019

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS
Bloodborne came out 5 years ago last month. What the gently caress.

Heath
Apr 30, 2008

🍂🎃🏞️💦

The Clowner posted:

Game of the year five years in a row baybeeeee

mysterious loyall X
Jul 8, 2003

holy poo poo this is epic epic for the win

mysterious loyall X
Jul 8, 2003

The Clowner posted:

now bloodbornes age and its average fps are the same. lets savor the moment gamers

Frenz
Jan 14, 2009

holy poo poo this is epic epic for the win

lol

A CRUNK BIRD
Sep 29, 2004

now bloodbornes age and its average fps are the same. lets savor the moment gamers

Lol

EmmyOk
Aug 11, 2013

lol

Leadthumb
Mar 24, 2006

Playing this game again after bouncing off of it the first time. Getting shotgunned in the face by father gascoigne while trying to enter the fog door is probably the most insulting thing in any fromsoftware game.

tote up a bags
Jun 8, 2006

die stoats die

I played through Sekiro and went from full "This game is bad it's just QTEs" to "I am a loving god of the 1000-time folded sword" and in many ways I preferred it to Bloodborne. It only has one total shitter boss (you know the one) whereas Bloodborne had a handful. Bloodborne's still the GOAT but Sekiro gave it a real run for its money. Also drat the environments in Sekiro were lush.

Leadthumb
Mar 24, 2006

What's up with visceral attacks just straight up not activating half the time. What am I doing wrong, or even different from when they do work.

Man with Hat
Dec 26, 2007

Exciting Lemon

tote up a bags posted:

I played through Sekiro and went from full "This game is bad it's just QTEs" to "I am a loving god of the 1000-time folded sword" and in many ways I preferred it to Bloodborne. It only has one total shitter boss (you know the one) whereas Bloodborne had a handful. Bloodborne's still the GOAT but Sekiro gave it a real run for its money. Also drat the environments in Sekiro were lush.

I don't know the one. Monkeys? But yeah, I agree with what you say. I never thought the Dark Souls games would be the bad games by From then Bloodborne and Sekiro came out

Heath
Apr 30, 2008

🍂🎃🏞️💦

Leadthumb posted:

What's up with visceral attacks just straight up not activating half the time. What am I doing wrong, or even different from when they do work.

They tend to fail if you're on uneven terrain, stairs especially

Without actually seeing you play it's hard to know what's wrong

tote up a bags
Jun 8, 2006

die stoats die

Man with Hat posted:

I don't know the one. Monkeys? But yeah, I agree with what you say. I never thought the Dark Souls games would be the bad games by From then Bloodborne and Sekiro came out

Ah no I loved monkey fun, it was a weird but fun puzzle. I was talking about Demon Of Hatred who would be a perfectly acceptable Bloodborne boss but instead they jammed him in Sekiro for no gosh darn good reason

Heath
Apr 30, 2008

🍂🎃🏞️💦
I liked DoH for that reason

The Klowner
Apr 20, 2019

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS

hahaha

Man with Hat
Dec 26, 2007

Exciting Lemon

tote up a bags posted:

Ah no I loved monkey fun, it was a weird but fun puzzle. I was talking about Demon Of Hatred who would be a perfectly acceptable Bloodborne boss but instead they jammed him in Sekiro for no gosh darn good reason

DoH is fun as soon as you figure out that you should jump over the rush attack even though it doesn't make any drat sense but you're right that it's more Bloodborne than Sekiro

Knuc U Kinte
Aug 17, 2004

I just remembered I own this and I was so butthurt after beating father gasgoine that I didn't play it for 5 years, so now I decided to try it out again.

still right at the beginning and keep dying in old yarnham to the mobs there while I figure out the controls again.

there is a finesse to this that has been blunted by years of God of War, Spiderman, The Last of Us Remastered, and jerking off where if I try to mash roll or whatever I just roll back into the crowed and get bum raped. im bad at this, guys

any pro tips? I chose the threaded cane, because I want to swagger around all day with the top hat I saw in a loading screen

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Heath
Apr 30, 2008

🍂🎃🏞️💦
Contrary to what your intuition may tell you the threaded cane does more damage in its whip form than in its cane form, is almost exactly as fast and has obviously much better range and coverage

In short, whip it good

When you go back to the Hunter's Dream, spend your echoes on a level and use the remainder to buy Blood Vials and keep a healthy stock of them at all times. They will keep you from dying and thus will save you more echoes than you spend to get them, and if you have more you will play less risky by not being motivated to conserve them. Also the price on them rises over the course of the game so they're cheapest at the beginning