Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

syntaxrigger
Jul 7, 2011

Actually you owe me 6! But who's countin?

I am definitely not taking as much breaks as I should or drinking as much water as I normally do.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

PIZZA.BAT
Nov 12, 2016

:cheers:

yeah my current project was estimated at 18 weeks and i’m getting it done in 10. even with the distractions of home in at the point that my normal distractions have to be saved because i don’t have anything else throughout the day

4lokos basilisk
Jul 17, 2008

when i get banging on a problem it is insanely nice to just hack uninterrupted

however sometimes it is tough to get going especially when rear end in a top hat neighbors start loudly playing choral music from 2pm

also gently caress functional programming nerds forever what the gently caress is wrong with you, do that poo poo in your spare time or document and test it properly

EIDE Van Hagar
Dec 8, 2000

Beep Boop
i definitely do more work at home when i get in the groove and sit down to work, but some days it is hard to ignore laundry and other miscellaneous home things that would normally be out of my brain between 9-5 in the office. in conclusion, wfh is a land of contrasts.

Kenny Logins
Jan 11, 2011

EVERY MORNING I WAKE UP AND OPEN PALM SLAM A WHITE WHALE INTO THE PEQUOD. IT'S HELL'S HEART AND RIGHT THEN AND THERE I STRIKE AT THEE ALONGSIDE WITH THE MAIN CHARACTER, ISHMAEL.
i’d probably get a good amount of work done at home if i didn’t have a 3 year old who has not been laid off from her job of hollerin’ and wanting things very badly she cannot be allowed to have

haveblue
Aug 15, 2005

Toilet Rascal
cat has been really annoying today and I think it's because she threw up breakfast and is getting hungry early

President Beep
Apr 30, 2009

i have to have a car because otherwise i cant drive around the country solving mysteries while being doggedly pursued by federal marshals for a crime i did not commit (9/11)

Uptime Sinclair posted:

i’d probably get a good amount of work done at home if i didn’t have a 3 year old who has not been laid off from her job of hollerin’ and wanting things very badly she cannot be allowed to have

kenny, you need to share your funko pops. we’ve talked about this.

President Beep
Apr 30, 2009

i have to have a car because otherwise i cant drive around the country solving mysteries while being doggedly pursued by federal marshals for a crime i did not commit (9/11)
all down in your basement, fretting over your hoard like some fedora’d dragon

Kenny Logins
Jan 11, 2011

EVERY MORNING I WAKE UP AND OPEN PALM SLAM A WHITE WHALE INTO THE PEQUOD. IT'S HELL'S HEART AND RIGHT THEN AND THERE I STRIKE AT THEE ALONGSIDE WITH THE MAIN CHARACTER, ISHMAEL.

President Beep posted:

kenny, you need to share your funko pops. we’ve talked about this.
i’m murdered

Farmer Crack-Ass
Jan 2, 2001

this is me posting irl
beep's very hurt that you wouldn't let him play with your funkopops when he came over

The Fool
Oct 16, 2003

but moooom he always gets sticky stuff all over them

echinopsis
Apr 13, 2004

by Fluffdaddy
i can’t for the life of me understand why you’d buy a toy and keep it in a box

40 year old virgin style

Stereotype
Apr 24, 2010

College Slice

echinopsis posted:

40 year old virgin style

because the toy isn't the point, consumerism is

mystes
May 31, 2006

echinopsis posted:

40 year old virgin style
I haven't seen 40 year old virgin but I'm going to assume that "buy a toy and keep it in a box" is a metaphor for virginity here.

Jonny 290
May 5, 2005

[ASK] me about OS/2 Warp
i remembered that i cooked too much rice the other day so now i have 3.7 cubic feet of quarantine fried rice with peas and chicken and onion and i'm kinda fat now

Roosevelt
Jul 18, 2009

I'm looking for the man who shot my paw.

i still have some comic books from the mid 90s with foil and hologram covers. collectors items that they only made 5 million copies of, so now they're worth about $1.75. i think when superman died my mom bought the book and put it in a safe deposit box.

Asleep Style
Oct 20, 2010

Jonny 290 posted:

i remembered that i cooked too much rice the other day so now i have 3.7 cubic feet of quarantine fried rice with peas and chicken and onion and i'm kinda fat now

I made a big batch of fried rice at lunch and now I too have a pile of tasty leftovers :hfive:

AnimeIsTrash
Jun 30, 2018

Jonny 290 posted:

One of the big pluses of wfh is cooking fresh food daily. It beats eating a lovely sandwich for lunch each day at work.

mystes
May 31, 2006

AnimeIsTrash posted:

One of the big pluses of wfh is cooking fresh food daily. It beats eating a lovely sandwich for lunch each day at work.
This is definitely one of my favorite things about it aside from not having to wear pants and not having to commute.

Midjack
Dec 24, 2007

mystes posted:

I haven't seen 40 year old virgin but I'm going to assume that "buy a toy and keep it in a box" is a metaphor for virginity here.

It is pretty explicitly called out as such about 3/4 of the way through.

power botton
Nov 2, 2011

I had an untouched KAWS toy I sold for a bunch after like a decade, which sort of makes up for the tons of worthless comics I guess.

Agile Vector
May 21, 2007

scrum bored

Jonny 290 posted:

heck yeah we made a huge corned beef and stuffed a whole head of cabbage through the cooked out water and fat and now theres several containers of delicious food and im trying not to overeat it all

Roosevelt posted:

i still have some comic books from the mid 90s with foil and hologram covers. collectors items that they only made 5 million copies of, so now they're worth about $1.75. i think when superman died my mom bought the book and put it in a safe deposit box.

imagine this: that one twilight zone about the bookworm with time to read at the end of the world but instead he keeps pulling deposit boxes and its the same comic

"it's not fair! it's not fair! I had time now!" he laments

ambient oatmeal
Jun 23, 2012

One of my roommates is a temporarily out of work chef and the fresh daily meals are definitely a sanity saver right now

Kenny Logins
Jan 11, 2011

Stereotype posted:

because the toy isn't the point, consumerism is
in fairness that’s the root cause but the intent is to choke the yawning void where defining personal characteristics could have been, with a mass produced marble comic fandom product they think is “””niche”””

ShadowHawk
Jun 25, 2000

CERTIFIED PRE OWNED TESLA OWNER

Roosevelt posted:

Search eBay for beanie babies and find them at their original price

Progressive JPEG
Feb 19, 2003

FMguru posted:

its a magic phrase that shes hoping will mean her dumb comfortable suburban life will return to normal and she can go back to her lovely megachurch and get her kids out of the house and resume yelling at the woman behind the counter at panera

this whole "coronavirus" thing is forcing her to look slightly past the tip of her nose to the greater world around her and she doesnt like that one bit

that march was basically one long shriek of "i demand to speak to your manager" (where manager = governor whitmer)

:hai:

bump_fn
Apr 12, 2004

two of them
https://twitter.com/nytimes/status/1250524321241542659

power botton
Nov 2, 2011

whats that second attorneys name. im feeling naughty and may need representation

President Beep
Apr 30, 2009

gloria all-bed

MononcQc
May 29, 2007

so the reason all the on-prem folks think working from home means staying in bed and never dressing up is literally because this is what they'd do given the chance

Progressive JPEG
Feb 19, 2003

DELETE CASCADE posted:

consensus from coworkers is that most people are doing MORE work at home than they did in the office, longer hours, etc. maybe if the ceo realizes this we'll get some flexibility when the crisis is over

meanwhile i'm sitting here posting, doing jack poo poo

i have been ultra unmotivated lately, but not sure if it's a job thing or a covid thing tbh

AnimeIsTrash posted:

on the other hand delivery of prepared food is banned here atm and needing to cook constantly kinda sucks

rotor
Jun 11, 2001

classic case of pineapple derangement syndrome

President Beep posted:

gloria all-bed

xD

rotor
Jun 11, 2001

classic case of pineapple derangement syndrome
other dude is clearly Alan Noshirtowitz

in a well actually
Jan 26, 2011

dude, you gotta end it on the rhyme

President Beep posted:

gloria all-bed

bella azbed

echinopsis
Apr 13, 2004

by Fluffdaddy

mystes posted:

u should watch it’s a cultural watershed moment

rotor posted:

other dude is clearly Alan Noshirtowitz

i can’t believe i laughed

echinopsis
Apr 13, 2004

by Fluffdaddy
i don’t thi k that’s the right saying

also time to start drinking beers to feel excitement about life 👌😎

fresh_cheese
Jul 2, 2014

MY KPI IS HOW MANY VP NUTS I SUCK IN A FISCAL YEAR AND MY LAST THREE OFFICE CHAIRS COMMITTED SUICIDE
gotta say im liking the confidence of the attorney who litigates from bed, in pajamas.

The Fool
Oct 16, 2003

like the lady in bed with the covers pulled up had any clothes on at all

fresh_cheese
Jul 2, 2014

MY KPI IS HOW MANY VP NUTS I SUCK IN A FISCAL YEAR AND MY LAST THREE OFFICE CHAIRS COMMITTED SUICIDE

The Fool posted:

like the lady in bed with the covers pulled up had any clothes on at all

plaid fleece pyjamas and a sleeping cap like Ebenezer Scrooge

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Samuel L. ACKSYN
Feb 29, 2008

i beat breath of the wild today, like 140 hours or so i think

idk what ill play next, maybe some other long rpg-type thing its not like i got anything else to do

botw was good cause u got ur action and excitement and also your slow fun exploration. highly recommended 10/10 like and subscribe for more reviews