Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Fellis
Feb 14, 2012

Kid, don't threaten me. There are worse things than death, and uh, I can do all of them.
I would be extremely down with a surreal slice of life about the Kure clan, with daily life interspersed with brutal assasinations and extremely weird family interactions

From the perspective of a relatively normal (but strong) person that married in would be really great. Start with a summary of their dating life and the foreshadowing, then a strange wedding. During the honeymoon the Kure spouse is preparing to confess the true nature of the family when they get called in to do an emergency hit

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

gimme the GOD DAMN candy
Jul 1, 2007
my favorite kure will always be the old man in a wheelchair who somehow got up on the roof of yamashita's house.

Stairmaster
Jun 8, 2012

He rolled.

Electric Phantasm
Apr 7, 2011

YOSPOS

Didn't he have some attendant with him?

Plutonis
Mar 25, 2011

Jerry's Back!!! Also the reason why Julius is in instead of Muteba. Wonder how the Carlos dude can fare since he's so loving tiny and skinny, he's a boxer so he must be insanely fast with punching though.

https://mangadex.org/chapter/860283

Plutonis fucked around with this message at 13:49 on Apr 16, 2020

Artelier
Jan 23, 2015

awww yiss right into the fights

tweet my meat
Oct 2, 2013

yospos
I'm a fan of Carlos already, though I'm doubtful of his chances.

Hypocrisy
Oct 4, 2006
Lord of Sarcasm

Well, if they're going by Purgatory rules go figure.

Props to the ex-Fang for attempting to be as big a dick as possible in each and every one of his appearances.

Cheering for handsome lad Gaolong since Saw Paing isn't here.

tweet my meat
Oct 2, 2013

yospos
It definitely feels like they're trying to hurry this tournament along, which I think is good. Just a nice fast paced appetizer of top tier fighters competing and old faces getting some more matches before they move on to the main course after the tournament.

Catpetter1981
Apr 9, 2020

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS
Seems like pony-tailed Purgatory fighter isn't Kureishi after all.

ZepiaEltnamOberon
Oct 25, 2010

I Failed At Anime 2022
I'm gonna assume this guy is a Wu since he has the characteristic dark eyes and also a vaguely Chinese-lookin' outfit.

Venuz Patrol
Mar 27, 2011
el dorado looks loving sick. im rooting for purgatory now

gimme the GOD DAMN candy
Jul 1, 2007
gaolang's a cool guy and all, but his opponent is a boxer from a much lower weight class. you've gotta admire those guts.

Lt. Lizard
Apr 28, 2013
I still think its kinda hilarious that Purgatory, which was kinda hyped as this alternate, evil, hardcore version of Kengan tournament actually has far saner and less ruthless rules than Kengan matches. Also I agree that the Ex-Fang dude is really committed to maximizing his rear end in a top hat points and it rules. :allears:

IceBorg
Oct 23, 2012

I KINDA DOUBT THAT!

ZepiaEltnamOberon posted:

I'm gonna assume this guy is a Wu since he has the characteristic dark eyes and also a vaguely Chinese-lookin' outfit.

He's probably this guy from Fist of the Seeker, they are pretty similar.

Angry Lobster
May 16, 2011

Served with honor
and some clarified butter.
Cool Raian is an absolute lad, gently caress the cop. Also I feel bad for Koga, he was getting super buff just before being severly injured.

RatHat
Dec 31, 2007

A tiny behatted rat👒🐀!

IceBorg posted:

God that art is so bad.

Caidin
Oct 29, 2011
Oh cool, I thought Carlos was immediately one of the more interesting looking Purgatory fighters and Gaolang rocks so this is a strong start.

Electric Phantasm
Apr 7, 2011

YOSPOS

Think this will strictly be a boxing match?

Angry Lobster
May 16, 2011

Served with honor
So it seems, honestly when I saw Gaolang as the first fighter I was expecting team Purgatory to pick a grappler to counter him, I guess that was too cliche for this manga.

Dias
Feb 20, 2011

by sebmojo
I'm hyped for punchboi fight. El Dorado is already cool for jabbing rear end in a top hat Fang in the nose just because.

Hypocrisy
Oct 4, 2006
Lord of Sarcasm

Electric Phantasm posted:

Think this will strictly be a boxing match?

Probably not. I can't imagine Gaolong not using his Muay Thai if he needs to.

Kanos
Sep 6, 2006

was there a time when speedwagon didn't get trolled

Hypocrisy posted:

Props to the ex-Fang for attempting to be as big a dick as possible in each and every one of his appearances.

Seriously, I love it. He's not looking to prove a point or defeat his fated rival or anything like that, he's just doing whatever he can to absolutely maximize how much of a shithead he is and it's absolutely hilarious.

Kanos fucked around with this message at 20:24 on Apr 16, 2020

Jose
Jul 24, 2007

Adrian Chiles is a broadcaster and writer
Yumigahama is going to fight against misasa and agito will lose as a result of losing his motivation

Suspicious Lump
Mar 11, 2004
Raian is loving hilarious.

the look on his face hah, he's squinting in utter disbelief.

AtomikKrab
Jul 17, 2010

Keep on GOP rolling rolling rolling rolling.

I'm already a fan of this motherfucker for popping jerkfang in the face. And Gaolong gets to fight!

ZepiaEltnamOberon
Oct 25, 2010

I Failed At Anime 2022

IceBorg posted:

Oh dang they even got the same sneer.

Where is my boy Edward Wu, then...

Brought To You By
Oct 31, 2012
Edward didn't actually ask to be in the tournament for Purgatory, just that he wanted one of Toyoda's slots. I assume the masked man is the rep from the Worms and given the stature and hairstyle Maybe a clone of Agito

RareAcumen
Dec 28, 2012

Lol Koga's so loving out of his league. When he invented his Secret Deadly Technique you could actually see him doing it if you were paying attention. Carlos on the other hand, you've got nothing to see and now Yumigahara's nose is broken.

Lt. Lizard
Apr 28, 2013
It is implied that Koga's has Kazzy's "kinetic vision" or whatever it's called and he already demonstrated that he is pretty good at copying and utilizing techniques he observes. And he will be watching the whole tournament. What I'm saying is that this is basically his training arc.

CharlestonJew
Jul 7, 2011

Illegal Hen
As much as I like Gaolang I'm rooting for Carlos if only to get a scene where the audience faintly hears Saw Paing screaming from thousands of miles away

Angry Lobster
May 16, 2011

Served with honor
I predict Gaolang is going to struggle a lot in this fight, but at the last moment Fisherman Grandpa will appear to inspire him and win with the power of bromance.

Stairmaster
Jun 8, 2012

CharlestonJew posted:

As much as I like Gaolang I'm rooting for Carlos if only to get a scene where the audience faintly hears Saw Paing screaming from thousands of miles away

that's why gaolang is gonna win

Oh Snapple!
Dec 27, 2005

i appreciate okubo literally begging people to comment on his get-up

also i think this is the least revealing outfit sayaka has worn at an event

Mary Annette
Jun 24, 2005

Ring out = instant DQ is the only Purgatory rule I don't care for and I hope it doesn't figure into any results but if it was a compromise Nogi had to make to get Jerry and Sayaka as our announcers it was the right call to make.

Brought To You By
Oct 31, 2012

Stairmaster posted:

that's why gaolang is gonna win

Of all the returning fighters. If Gaolang doesn't win I might actually drop the series because he got robbed in the main one vs Agito and I will not be able to withstand Gaolang becoming the Worf of the series.

Fabricated
Apr 9, 2007

Living the Dream
Gaolang jobbing would bum me out but I guess the ring out stuff is so people can lose without getting super, super hosed up. Two boxers fighting without ropes could lead to a ring out.

Begemot
Oct 14, 2012

The One True Oden

They're gonna make us love Carlos and then have Gaolang win.

Kanos
Sep 6, 2006

was there a time when speedwagon didn't get trolled

Angry Lobster posted:

I predict Gaolang is going to struggle a lot in this fight, but at the last moment Fisherman Grandpa will appear to inspire him and win with the power of bromance.

In his moment of greatest extremis, Gaolang will look to the audience, spot Fishing Grandpa, and deliver a brutal knockout punch to Carlos while making the :geno: face.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Catpetter1981
Apr 9, 2020

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS

Begemot posted:

They're gonna make us love Carlos and then have Gaolang win.

The surest way to make us love Carlos is to give him flashbacks about his past and background, showing us that he is fighting to pay for his little sister's medical bills to treat her mysterious incurable illness.

And we all know what happens when someone gets flashbacks in this series.