Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

haveblue
Aug 15, 2005

Toilet Rascal
you should alternate super long rpgs with shorter more linear experiences. pick some indie from your backlog

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

echinopsis
Apr 13, 2004

by Fluffdaddy
can you give some good rpg recommendations?

my fave games are rpgs but i can’t get into half of them.

and honestly love the way the new assas creeds have rpg elements. I have witcher 3 i suppose I should play it

PIZZA.BAT
Nov 12, 2016

:cheers:

if you want a really good metroidvania you should check out hollow knight. i thought it was going to be a cute short indie game but it is way waaaay more than that

echinopsis
Apr 13, 2004

by Fluffdaddy
i don’t know that metro game you speak of in the first place 🤔

Samuel L. ACKSYN
Feb 29, 2008

haveblue posted:

you should alternate super long rpgs with shorter more linear experiences. pick some indie from your backlog

good point

i played mario odyssey before botw and i am in the mood for another platformer type game

ill look up whats good on the switch

PIZZA.BAT
Nov 12, 2016

Samuel L. ACKSYN posted:

good point

i played mario odyssey before botw and i am in the mood for another platformer type game

ill look up whats good on the switch

if you want a platformer then HOLLOW KNIGHT

echinopsis
Apr 13, 2004

by Fluffdaddy
I started playing “the messenger” today

it’s a retro platformer that tbh really owns although I did only play for about half an hour because I have terrible attention for games but it was fun as hell and i’ll definitely go back to it again a few times. it’s
on sale

can we please have a yospos games thread

ShadowHawk
Jun 25, 2000

CERTIFIED PRE OWNED TESLA OWNER

Samuel L. ACKSYN posted:

another platformer type game
Doom Eternal

ShadowHawk
Jun 25, 2000

CERTIFIED PRE OWNED TESLA OWNER
Like seriously half the game is jumping and it even has those spinny air fire chains from bowser's castle

ShadowHawk fucked around with this message at 07:32 on Apr 17, 2020

fart simpson
Jul 2, 2005

DEATH TO AMERICA
:xickos:

echinopsis posted:

can you give some good rpg recommendations?

my fave games are rpgs but i can’t get into half of them.

and honestly love the way the new assas creeds have rpg elements. I have witcher 3 i suppose I should play it

queens wish the conqueror

echinopsis
Apr 13, 2004

by Fluffdaddy
cool. but keep that poo poo in the games thread

fart simpson
Jul 2, 2005

DEATH TO AMERICA
:xickos:

no

Stereotype
Apr 24, 2010

College Slice
I’m playing factorio again. I feel like my MacBook got worse at playing it. either that or my base really is that big now

echinopsis
Apr 13, 2004

by Fluffdaddy
i can’t imagine how well optimised that game must be

distortion park
Apr 25, 2011

echinopsis posted:

i can’t imagine how well optimised that game must be

it's so impressive, feels like it's orders of magnitude more efficient that other base building games.

echinopsis
Apr 13, 2004

by Fluffdaddy
when I would have more than about 100 objects active in UE4 it would start to crawl

I would interested and probably confused by the kind of coding that goes into that.

Kenny Logins
Jan 11, 2011

EVERY MORNING I WAKE UP AND OPEN PALM SLAM A WHITE WHALE INTO THE PEQUOD. IT'S HELL'S HEART AND RIGHT THEN AND THERE I STRIKE AT THEE ALONGSIDE WITH THE MAIN CHARACTER, ISHMAEL.

PIZZA.BAT posted:

if you want a really good metroidvania you should check out hollow knight. i thought it was going to be a cute short indie game but it is way waaaay more than that
i bounced off hollow knight after getting the spin cut move and it’s really hard to get back in. also i’ve been playing sundered (which is also v good imo) and been spoiled by having a toggle button for the map

CRIP EATIN BREAD
Jun 24, 2002

Hey stop worrying bout my acting bitch, and worry about your WACK ass music. In the mean time... Eat a hot bowl of Dicks! Ice T

Soiled Meat

echinopsis posted:

when I would have more than about 100 objects active in UE4 it would start to crawl

I would interested and probably confused by the kind of coding that goes into that.

the devs have a blog and they have a bunch of posts about how they optimize stuff like belts etc. i would link it but im posting from the toilet

tk
Dec 10, 2003

Nap Ghost

ShadowHawk posted:

Doom Eternal

Breath of the Wild is my favorite game in the last forever and I am loving Doom Eternal so this checks out.

Hollow Knight is also an excellent choice. Ori has some fun movement and platforming if you can get over the bush league combat.

PIZZA.BAT
Nov 12, 2016

Uptime Sinclair posted:

and been spoiled by having a toggle button for the map

:confused:

Sagebrush
Feb 26, 2012

echinopsis posted:

i mean factorio doesn't waste any power on graphics or sound or anything. ultimately it's just a really big powerful database processor with a pretty (2d, sprite-based) interface. probably takes better advantage of multiple cores than most other games too.

Kenny Logins
Jan 11, 2011

EVERY MORNING I WAKE UP AND OPEN PALM SLAM A WHITE WHALE INTO THE PEQUOD. IT'S HELL'S HEART AND RIGHT THEN AND THERE I STRIKE AT THEE ALONGSIDE WITH THE MAIN CHARACTER, ISHMAEL.
hk, you have to push buttan then game pauses and big map comes up and you have to zoom in

sundered, you hold a shoulder button, it’s already zoomed and centered on you, does not pause the game

i prefer the latter

PIZZA.BAT
Nov 12, 2016

Uptime Sinclair posted:

hk, you have to push buttan then game pauses and big map comes up and you have to zoom in

sundered, you hold a shoulder button, it’s already zoomed and centered on you, does not pause the game

i prefer the latter

ah gotcha

it's still an incredible game though. finally beating the trial of the fool felt fantastic

haveblue
Aug 15, 2005

Toilet Rascal
it's a fantastic and enormous game

qirex
Feb 15, 2001

horizon zero dawn is a really well made game with shitloads of content that is awesome when you're fighting robot dinosaurs and slightly less awesome when you're fighting humans

The Fool
Oct 16, 2003

I bought factorio ages ago because on paper it seems right up my ally, but I kept bouncing off of it every time I played.

Until quarantine. Tried it again late last week and I've really dug into it this time.

big scary monsters
Sep 2, 2011

-~Skullwave~-
lol if you don't take morning meetings from your receiving bed, ludwig ii style

Methanar
Sep 26, 2013

by the sex ghost
The current date is 17 April 2020

There are 53 working days until 1 July 2020

There are 75 days until 1 July 2020

Methanar
Sep 26, 2013

by the sex ghost
give me my fking RSUs so I can get a new job

Samuel L. ACKSYN
Feb 29, 2008

ShadowHawk posted:

Doom Eternal

yeah i gotta play that, excellent idea

qirex posted:

horizon zero dawn is a really well made game with shitloads of content that is awesome when you're fighting robot dinosaurs and slightly less awesome when you're fighting humans

i dont have a ps4 and probably not getting one anytime soon judging by the current stock levels

if i did i'd be all over that final fantasy 7

Arcteryx Anarchist
Sep 15, 2007

Fun Shoe
I guess I never really considered electronics being out of stock

Jonny 290
May 5, 2005

[ASK] me about OS/2 Warp

lancemantis posted:

I guess I never really considered electronics being out of stock

nintendo switches are five hundred dollars if you can find one lmao

Arcteryx Anarchist
Sep 15, 2007

Fun Shoe
I have no frame of reference for this stuff anymore

The last stuff I had was like an Xbox 360 and ps2 that I gave to my sister, and a WiiU I got for free that I sold to a local game store, all before I moved to California, and I hadn’t really used them for anything but Netflix for a while

qirex
Feb 15, 2001

Jonny 290 posted:

nintendo switches are five hundred dollars if you can find one lmao

there's an open source script for sniping best buy and walmart
https://www.vice.com/en_us/article/bvgqp3/nintendo-switch-check-out-bots-shortage

Phone
Jul 30, 2005

親子丼をほしい。
corona-chan has claimed another victim...

hotdesking

haveblue
Aug 15, 2005

Toilet Rascal
microsoft finally put custom backgrounds into teams so I'm doing the weekly social call from mordor

Agile Vector
May 21, 2007

scrum bored

Samuel L. ACKSYN posted:

i beat breath of the wild today, like 140 hours or so i think

idk what ill play next, maybe some other long rpg-type thing its not like i got anything else to do

botw was good cause u got ur action and excitement and also your slow fun exploration. highly recommended 10/10 like and subscribe for more reviews

check the map for the spots you missed because i found a whole section i apparently walked and climbed around but never went through. its probably been a year since i played it last so now might be a good time to reintroduce myself to climbing mountains and seeing cool views

i bought black mesa for a nostalgia run and its fun, theres just enough tweaked to feel freshish but the gameplay feels comfortable

Jonny 290
May 5, 2005

[ASK] me about OS/2 Warp
https://twitter.com/jonny290/status/1251269008176762881

Arcteryx Anarchist
Sep 15, 2007

Fun Shoe

ah I see California and New Mexico are trying to form District 13

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Stereotype
Apr 24, 2010

College Slice

Why not include the states that have already formed their own unions since the federal government is just completely absent? So far we have three: West Coast Pact, MOM WIKI, and Council of Six. Texas said they're flying alone. I assume that a bunch of other states will join up with the first three at some point, and we'll probably get a Southern Alliance and Mountain Coalition at some point too