Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Coredump
Dec 1, 2002

fischtick posted:

Boil them bones

Gonna go listen to Alice in Chains dunno why. brb.

Edit: A shameful snipe.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Gravitee
Nov 20, 2003

I just put money in the Magic Fingers!
Just got back from a snowy trip to Costco here in Michigan. We had to line up outside which was pretty miserable, but the line moved fast. They had everything I needed (including TP!) except for chicken of any kind or hand soap. I've been striking out on hand soap everywhere but the lack of chicken was odd.

Barry
Aug 1, 2003

Hardened Criminal

Xaris posted:

while i like them, and they could be a little bigger with the bowl/noodles (220 cal is nice but i wouldn't mind if it was like 300 for a still light-lunch, i imagine most of that is the oil). my biggest gripe is it's like 50000 packages to unwrap and it feels stupidly wasteful. like there's packaging for the bowl, packaging for the noodles, packaging for the packaging of seasonings inside of it. it's kind of comical.

my insta-noodle stuff is mostly the Ning Shim Black ramen cups, they're really good.

My goto Ramen is the Shim Black in the typical ramen packages, which also has a lot of packaging. Main packaging then three packets inside for vegetables and seasonings.

JT Smiley
Mar 3, 2006
Thats whats up!

So the other day our regional manager decided he doesn't like lines going out of the building so now we just let everyone in, no wait. No joke at one point we had 300 people enter the store in the space of 15 minutes.

This just a week after a second co-worker was diagnosed with the virus.

Alan Smithee
Jan 4, 2005

A man becomes preeminent, he's expected to have enthusiasms.

Enthusiasms, enthusiasms...
welcome to costco i love you

turd in my singlet
Jul 5, 2008

DO ALL DA WORK

WIT YA NECK

*heavy metal music playing*
Nap Ghost

JT Smiley posted:

So the other day our regional manager decided he doesn't like lines going out of the building so now we just let everyone in, no wait. No joke at one point we had 300 people enter the store in the space of 15 minutes.

This just a week after a second co-worker was diagnosed with the virus.

I guess being the "good company" that "doesn't abuse their employees" is p similar to that old saying about running away from a bear. You don't have to actually treat your employees well, you just have to treat them better than the competition

keevo
Jun 16, 2011

:burger:WAKE UP:burger:
My local Costco still has lines but they extended the lines inside so you're not having to spend as much time outside. You end up free to roam the store once you get to the bakery/produce section in the back.

Pennywise the Frown
May 10, 2010

Upset Trowel

turd in my singlet posted:

You don't have to actually treat your employees well, you just have to treat them better than the competition

Hmm. This is a saying I think I'm going to remember. :smith:

Im Ready for DEATH
Oct 5, 2016

WIFEY WATCHDOG
Jun 25, 2012

Yeah, well I don't trust this guy. I think he regifted, he degifted, and now he's using an upstairs invite as a springboard to a Super Bowl sex romp.

bird with big dick
Oct 21, 2015

Barry posted:

My goto Ramen is the Shim Black in the typical ramen packages, which also has a lot of packaging. Main packaging then three packets inside for vegetables and seasonings.

Xaris posted:

while i like them, and they could be a little bigger with the bowl/noodles (220 cal is nice but i wouldn't mind if it was like 300 for a still light-lunch, i imagine most of that is the oil). my biggest gripe is it's like 50000 packages to unwrap and it feels stupidly wasteful. like there's packaging for the bowl, packaging for the noodles, packaging for the packaging of seasonings inside of it. it's kind of comical.

my insta-noodle stuff is mostly the Ning Shim Black ramen cups, they're really good.

It's Nongshim Shin Ramyun Black you butt plugs.

The packages (as opposed to the cups) are considered to be of superior quality due to how their noodles are prepared but I've never cared enough to compare them back to back, they're both very good.

Prima Taste Laksa La Mian is, of course, the best of all the instant noodle type meals, but they're also around double the price of Shin Black depending on where you're getting them. They also are really only properly prepared on a stove top in a small pot, so not as convenient as something that is easily microwaved.

Myojo Ippei-chan Yakisoba style noodles are also nice (the ones in the red/green package, not to be confused with the similar product in the white/blue package which can go gently caress itself as far as I'm concerned). These are particularly great for work if you have a water cooler that dispenses hot water. You fill the package with hot water and then the lid becomes a seive and you pour all the water out, then add the seasonings and sauces. Because of that there's no broth here, you just eat the noodles with a fork you don't need a spoon to eat the broth or a cup to pour it down your gullet, because there is no broth. But the main attraction here is yakisoba sauce (which is basically molasses/worcestershire/umami/oyster flavor) and the spicy mustard/mayo packet, so if you don't like those two things then you definitely won't like Myojo Yaki.

But of course neither of those are available at Costco so I'm not sure why I brought them up.

Good soup!
Nov 2, 2010

BONGHITZ
Jan 1, 1970

FCKGW posted:

OH poo poo NOT MY PROPERTY TAXES?!?!?!

Anton Chigurh
Mar 18, 2008
Probation
Can't post for 9 years!

Bloodplay it again posted:

Haven't been to the warehouse in about a month at this point so we put an online order in last weekend. One of the ten items finally shipped, by itself, but UPS didn't even bother attempting delivery today and instead just took it to the drop off point, which is a packed grocery store. Cool stuff UPS. I can't hate on Costco for taking so long (they were all eligible for 2-day delivery) but I should have guessed delivery would wind up being a bad idea. In an hour-long queue to talk to customer service about canceling the rest of the order.

UPS is a piece of poo poo delivery service and constantly misses ground delivery dates and times. The only ones they make an effort to deliver on time are the overnight, 2-day or 3-day ones, they couldn't care less about ground packages.

Oh, and PBUC.

Paul MaudDib
May 3, 2006

TEAM NVIDIA:
FORUM POLICE

Anton Chigurh posted:

UPS is a piece of poo poo delivery service and constantly misses ground delivery dates and times. The only ones they make an effort to deliver on time are the overnight, 2-day or 3-day ones, they couldn't care less about ground packages.

Oh, and PBUC.

wrongo, UPS is consistently far better than fedex and DHL

Anton Chigurh
Mar 18, 2008
Probation
Can't post for 9 years!

Paul MaudDib posted:

wrongo, UPS is consistently far better than fedex and DHL

Not in my experience, at least with FedEx, they've always been great. I haven't gotten a DHL package in many years, but I don't recall them ever missing a deadline either.

To contribute: I haven't been to Costco since this whole coronavirus thing started, but I need to go soon for food. Thankfully I don't need any toilet paper.

I'll give a trip report after I get back.

red19fire
May 26, 2010

Is early morning the better time to go nowadays? Every time I drive past costco in afternoon, there’s a line of dozens of people waiting to go in.

I went two weeks ago and they had zero chicken. That was unnerving.

FilthyImp
Sep 30, 2002

Anime Deviant
They're instituting occupancy caps so there's usually a small line through the day. Maybe right before closing if you don't need a high scarcity item.

silence_kit
Jul 14, 2011

by the sex ghost

red19fire posted:

They haven't had boneless skinless chicken thighs in the last month at my Costco, but I have usually been able to find them at other grocery stores. I feel like Costco shoppers are more likely than the average grocery shopper to panic buy and hoard food.

StormDrain
May 22, 2003

Thirteen Letter
I ordered tires expecting them to take a while and they must have been in stock. I feel kind of bad about getting them now. It could have waited. Then, since I was there and it there wasn't a line and nobody arriving I shopped. I was actually down to the last few rolls of toilet paper and packs of dishwasher detergent so I was inbound soon enough anyway feels good to have what I needed again.

Do you guys feel a little guilty if you buy something that's not essential? I stopped to look at spring bulbs and it's like, I didn't come here for this so I shouldn't buy them. Just get what you need to get through this. On the other hand, if I'm not supposed to buy it don't put it out. I didn't even glance at the housewares tools and sports aisles, and just a peek at the seasonal stuff but no I don't need BBQ stuff.

I almost forgot the best part, I saw a guy walk in wearing his CPAP mask.

BeastOfExmoor
Aug 19, 2003

I will be gone, but not forever.

StormDrain posted:

Do you guys feel a little guilty if you buy something that's not essential?

No. Making a trip just for trivial items is a different story, but just get it if you're there.

Unison
Oct 12, 2005

StormDrain posted:

Do you guys feel a little guilty if you buy something that's not essential? I stopped to look at spring bulbs and it's like, I didn't come here for this so I shouldn't buy them. Just get what you need to get through this. On the other hand, if I'm not supposed to buy it don't put it out. I didn't even glance at the housewares tools and sports aisles, and just a peek at the seasonal stuff but no I don't need BBQ stuff.

The economy needs all the help it can get, tbh...

I wouldn't go to the store just to browse for non-essentials, nor would I spend significantly longer than I needed to in the store (especially if there's a line-up), but buying something that catches your eye while you're there anyhow?... sounds perfectly fine.

FCKGW
May 21, 2006

red19fire posted:

Is early morning the better time to go nowadays? Every time I drive past costco in afternoon, there’s a line of dozens of people waiting to go in.

If you need an item that will likely be out of stock, then early morning is your only shot.
If you're grabbing items that don't seem to be out of stock during all this then hour before closing seems to be the best time.

Pinus Porcus
May 14, 2019

Ranger McFriendly

StormDrain posted:

I don't count alcohol and junk food as essential, but I buy it when I go grocery shopping. If you are at a store, you are already exposed/exposing others, so just shop whatever they have, just don't make special trips/stops for the non essentials.

Try not to cough on everything or manhandle every item or anything though.

fallin1
May 14, 2007

...mostly MSG.
I had to make a supply run yesterday and was able to get toilet paper, sanitizer wipes, a big rear end bottle of lysol, and a couple of other essentials with no real issue. Everything was of course limit 1. Also since rendering plants seem to be hot spots now and shutting down I went ahead and stocked up on meat.

Im Ready for DEATH
Oct 5, 2016

There isnt a good time for the Co. Early in the morning, line out the door. Afternoon, lots of stuff is sold out, but no line. But then even in the afternoon if the checkout lines get to be too long, there's a line out the door to get in because they limit the number of members in the warehouse.

Pennywise the Frown
May 10, 2010

Upset Trowel

StormDrain posted:

I almost forgot the best part, I saw a guy walk in wearing his CPAP mask.

Maybe he was a Star Citizen cosplayer.

A Real Hologram
Jun 22, 2018

Moo!
The Vitamix deal is live online... $100 off. Ships in 5-7.

MageMage
Feb 11, 2007

I SUCK AND LOVE TO YELL PERFORMATIVE HOT TAKES AND NONSENSE LIES WHEN I GET WORKED UP. SOMETIMES AUTOBANNED IS BETTER. MAYBE ONE DAY WHEN I STORM OFF I'LL ACTUALLY STOP SHITTING UP THE SITE FOR REAL

SirPablo posted:

Even Phoenix has 13.

Fun fact I have worked at every single one of those Costco's at least once.

Mandalay
Mar 16, 2007

WoW Forums Refugee
Tried Instacart Costco again last week. Inexplicably the shopper picked all the goods on Saturday but it was delivered on Sunday? Half the items were refunded (unable to be found) but we got some day-old salad greens and some toilet paper delivered in the afternoon, so I guess those are wins.

Pennywise the Frown
May 10, 2010

Upset Trowel
I just got gas for $0.99 a gallon. :getin:

Paul MaudDib
May 3, 2006

TEAM NVIDIA:
FORUM POLICE
I, too, understand the siren song of <$1 gasoline, but do bear in mind that you will probably want to make sure you turn over your gasoline every once in a while during this quarantine. Ethanol gasoline tends to not do the best if you let it just sit in your tank, and I know I'm only doing maybe 30 miles a week right now. So you may not want to top up every time you're at the 'co, because that means it'll never turn over.

(although maybe it would be better to keep it full so there's less air in the tank to pull moisture out of? idk, I just know it's hell on small engines to leave them full of ethanol gas over the winter, they start way easier in the spring if you use "rec gas" with no ethanol.)

Supposedly the auto service garages are figuring on a massive wave of battery replacements and that sort of thing in a couple months here. Cars aren't made to sit, all kinds of things start going wrong. Brakes seize up, batteries get trashed, etc. If you have one of those trickle maintenance chargers it might not be a bad idea to throw it on your car.

Pennywise the Frown
May 10, 2010

Upset Trowel
I don't drive much anyway and I've never had a problem. Now if it's going to be sitting for 6 months or so with zero driving then I'd toss some Stabil in it.

fordham
Oct 5, 2002

Your argument is invalid.
Exciting Lemon

Paul MaudDib posted:

I, too, understand the siren song of <$1 gasoline, but do bear in mind that you will probably want to make sure you turn over your gasoline every once in a while during this quarantine. Ethanol gasoline tends to not do the best if you let it just sit in your tank, and I know I'm only doing maybe 30 miles a week right now. So you may not want to top up every time you're at the 'co, because that means it'll never turn over.

(although maybe it would be better to keep it full so there's less air in the tank to pull moisture out of? idk, I just know it's hell on small engines to leave them full of ethanol gas over the winter, they start way easier in the spring if you use "rec gas" with no ethanol.)

Supposedly the auto service garages are figuring on a massive wave of battery replacements and that sort of thing in a couple months here. Cars aren't made to sit, all kinds of things start going wrong. Brakes seize up, batteries get trashed, etc. If you have one of those trickle maintenance chargers it might not be a bad idea to throw it on your car.

Honestly just go drive your car around for 30 min once/week and you'll be fine. Let it warm up completely and recharge the battery.

Keeping the tank full will reduce water absorption and delay phase separation.

Anton Chigurh
Mar 18, 2008
Probation
Can't post for 9 years!
I live near Seattle and gas at my local Costco is still $2.29/gal. :mad:

BONGHITZ
Jan 1, 1970

canyoneer posted:

Our poor children are going nuts in isolation. My wife decided we'd buy a playhouse/swingset thing from Costco to set up in the backyard. We had been wanting one anyway, and them being stuck at home for the next month is a good reason to go for it.

She went yesterday, and asked for help up front to load all 5 gigantic boxes on a flatbed. Every employee involved thought she was a lunatic. People stared at her all through the store, and at least one took a picture.

We spent all day and we're halfway through assembly :suicide:

lol

shovelbum
Oct 21, 2010

Fun Shoe

Do you read every post in every thread on several days' delay, are you posting from a very boring job in the oort cloud or something I don't know but I fuckin love it

MarcusSA
Sep 23, 2007

This is a great price for these Levis

https://www.costco.com/.product.100512566.html

(for member only) Levi Jean $30-$10 Discount = $20. Discount valid till 04/24

Price is online and in store so I'd check the website first since its free shipping.

They are super comfy.

The Hambulance
Apr 19, 2011

:20bux:

ASK ME ABOUT MY AWESOME STARTUP IDEA

Pillbug
I went to church on Sunday and was able to get toilet paper, paper towels, and kleenex. It looked like the limits were removed, as there was none posted on any of the listed items. Even water was back to the old ways. No wipes or hand soap though.

MarcusSA posted:

This is a great price for these Levis

https://www.costco.com/.product.100512566.html

(for member only) Levi Jean $30-$10 Discount = $20. Discount valid till 04/24

Price is online and in store so I'd check the website first since its free shipping.

They are super comfy.

This looked like a great deal, until I found out these are the stretchy fabric ones, not regular denim. I accidentally bought some stretchy ones before, and I didn't like them. vOv

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

ShortyMR.CAT
Sep 25, 2008

:blastu::dogcited:
Lipstick Apathy
What are you? Skinny and in shape!? Stretchy pants 4 lyfe