Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Darchangel
Feb 12, 2009

Tell him about the blower!

Applebees Appetizer posted:

Yeah the filters in FB marketplace definitely suck rear end, you have to look through a lot of garbage to find anything worthwhile

To top it off, without filters and more detailed categories, you are completely at the mercy of low-effort descriptions and titles.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

NoWake
Dec 28, 2008

College Slice
FB marketplace... if you end up using it, don't keep messenger on your phone and definitely don't put your number in the description (assuming anybody actually reads the description) if you want any peace in your life.

So frustrating. Listed my motorcycle and I've got 10 dudes/day asking if it's still available, what motor it has, does it run OK, despite everything being right there in the description.

Ended up selling for $200 off asking price (my actual goal) to the first person who had genuine interest to come out and see it.

NitroSpazzz
Dec 9, 2006

You don't need style when you've got strength!

NoWake posted:

Ended up selling for $200 off asking price (my actual goal) to the first person who had genuine interest to come out and see it.

That's how most of my sales end up as well. The first person that actually follows through and shows up gets a deal because by that point I'm so sick of no-shows and 'what's your bottom dollar' bullshit. That and everyone expects you to meet them half way or deliver....no I'm not driving two hours for you to look at my motorcycle then try to low ball me :fuckoff: With the COVID19 crap I pulled every listing I had under a thousand after getting bitched at because I didn't want to drive a half hour and meet up with someone over a $20 item.

opengl
Sep 16, 2010

NoWake posted:

FB marketplace... if you end up using it, don't keep messenger on your phone and definitely don't put your number in the description (assuming anybody actually reads the description) if you want any peace in your life.

So frustrating. Listed my motorcycle and I've got 10 dudes/day asking if it's still available, what motor it has, does it run OK, despite everything being right there in the description.

FWIW FB does make it overly complicated to read the description. They just want people to see the title and pictures because words are scary I guess? eBay started doing the same thing a while back.

Applebees Appetizer
Jan 23, 2006

NitroSpazzz posted:

With the COVID19 crap I pulled every listing I had under a thousand after getting bitched at because I didn't want to drive a half hour and meet up with someone over a $20 item.

I tell people if you can't make it to where I am not my problem and never had anyone complain about it.

And I've had people drive an hour or more for $20 poo poo I don't get it.

BigPaddy
Jun 30, 2008

That night we performed the rite and opened the gate.
Halfway through, I went to fix us both a coke float.
By the time I got back, he'd gone insane.
Plus, he'd left the gate open and there was evil everywhere.

https://www.facebook.com/marketplace/item/1720522268089928/

Bonus points for being honest.

StormDrain
May 22, 2003

Thirteen Letter

Ahh but he repeats himself.

Krakkles
May 5, 2003

I had to jump back an image because when I clicked through them, I thought that thing had a MONSTER wing on the deck.

MrOnBicycle
Jan 18, 2008
Wait wat?

NoWake posted:

I sold a car on our local version of Craigslist. I thought I double checked but accidentaly left off a 0 on the price. Jesus christ how stupid and ferocious people are. Got like 350 messages in an hour and people used the reg number to look me up and started calling my WIFE by getting my name from the reg number, seeing her registered at the same adress and finding he number.
loving retards.
Ended up selling the car to a super nice guy who was not very experienced and didn't know for how long he should test drive the car as he was winding it down after a km or so of city driving. I made him drive on the motorway as well and really get a feel for the car as I didn't want him to regret his purchase later. I even gave him $100 off his offer (that was just $100 off my asking price) for being nice.... I'm not good a selling cars...

StormDrain
May 22, 2003

Thirteen Letter
This thing is an absolute wreck, but goddamn do I want that ketchup and mustard in my driveway.

https://www.hagerty.com/media/buying-and-selling/1973-international-wagonmaster-rare-truck-hard-times/
https://www.facebook.com/marketplace/item/1330542977151145/

edit: IT HAS A COWBOY HAT HOLDER

StormDrain fucked around with this message at 16:49 on Apr 18, 2020

Darchangel
Feb 12, 2009

Haven't seen one of these in a while:
https://www.facebook.com/marketplace/item/223344225688861/

Tough sell in TX with no AC, though.

edit:
Uh.
https://www.facebook.com/marketplace/item/677164833096122/

No engine, but...

Darchangel fucked around with this message at 22:57 on Apr 20, 2020

Coredump
Dec 1, 2002

There's a sick part of me that wants a Chevette.

Small cage, Solstice suspension front and rear, and a LTG.

Coredump fucked around with this message at 04:26 on Apr 21, 2020

Dagen H
Mar 19, 2009

Hogertrafikomlaggningen
https://www.facebook.com/marketplace/item/3199373856773890/

opengl
Sep 16, 2010

PJ pants included?

Applebees Appetizer
Jan 23, 2006

opengl128 posted:

PJ pants included?

Lol. I gave that dude his custom title and it's the one I'm most proud of, that and the sex on the floor title for Rhyno :v:

IIRC the dude with the ZX still has that title, I forget his name.

Steve French
Sep 8, 2003

https://sfbay.craigslist.org/sby/cto/d/san-jose-1972-dodge-challenger-4x4/7103274397.html

blk
Dec 19, 2009
Good article on the state of the used car market:

https://www.barrons.com/articles/used-car-prices-cratered-heres-what-that-means-for-ford-gm-51587396560

Coredump
Dec 1, 2002

I heard another cash for clunkers is being considered...

Colostomy Bag
Jan 11, 2016

:lesnick: C-Bangin' it :lesnick:

Coredump posted:

There's a sick part of me that wants a Chevette.

Small cage, Solstice suspension front and rear, and a LTG.

As someone that grew up riding in two of them, I assume Dorman has replacement floor pans in stock.

Colostomy Bag
Jan 11, 2016

:lesnick: C-Bangin' it :lesnick:

Coredump posted:

I heard another cash for clunkers is being considered...

Got somewhat of a link? I mean let's see if we can destroy people without means even further.

Coredump
Dec 1, 2002

Colostomy Bag posted:

Got somewhat of a link? I mean let's see if we can destroy people without means even further.

Right? https://www.motortrend.com/news/cash-for-clunkers-revival-2020-car-deals/

Rhyno
Mar 22, 2003
Probation
Can't post for 10 years!
Sweet, gimmie $5K for my Miata and another $5K in Mustang incentives.

rscott
Dec 10, 2009

Rhyno posted:

You gotta buy a new car though

Darchangel
Feb 12, 2009

Oh, gently caress that. They crushed so many still useful cheap cars the last time.

GnarlyCharlie4u
Sep 23, 2007

I have an unhealthy obsession with motorcycles.

Proof

Darchangel posted:

Oh, gently caress that. They crushed so many still useful cheap cars the last time.

This is the mentality of a hoarder.

I've still got 12 bikes left after culling my herd by half

KakerMix
Apr 8, 2004

8.2 M.P.G.
:byetankie:

rscott posted:

I am not buying a new car suck it General Motors!!!!

Rhyno
Mar 22, 2003
Probation
Can't post for 10 years!

rscott posted:

If I got enough incentive I could swing it.

Now the thing is, this will undoubtedly have a "MUST BE MURICAN" clause. Right after most American cars are done. Hope y'all like crossovers.

The Door Frame
Dec 5, 2011

I don't know man everytime I go to the gym here there are like two huge dudes with raging high and tights snorting Nitro-tech off of each other's rock hard abs.

Rhyno posted:

If I got enough incentive I could swing it.

Now the thing is, this will undoubtedly have a "MUST BE MURICAN" clause. Right after most American cars are done. Hope y'all like crossovers.

Is FCA considered American?
I could go for a yellow FIAT 500, despite its many, many, many flaws. Especially if it had all the scorpions on it

dissss
Nov 10, 2007

I'm a terrible forums poster with terrible opinions.

Here's a cat fucking a squid.
I thought they were dead in North America now. I think they still do the CUV version though.

Rhyno
Mar 22, 2003
Probation
Can't post for 10 years!
Chrysler still has the Charger right?

Steely Dad
Jul 29, 2006

Good. New. American. Pick two.

Yes there are a few in a few segments

redgubbinz
May 1, 2007

Chevy Bolt, the hellcats (minus the Jeep), maybe there are a few Fusion Sports/Fiesta/Focus STs left over still considered 'new.' Oh yeah, a three pedal Mustang would be nice.

Other than that it's a big no thanks and an even bigger lol at dropping that much on a new car.

redgubbinz fucked around with this message at 13:36 on Apr 22, 2020

Applebees Appetizer
Jan 23, 2006

Rhyno posted:

Not gonna happen, you might get one but not both.

And good luck selling your Miata now that the used car market is poo poo.

Coredump
Dec 1, 2002

Used car market here in Georgia still seems to have some life in it at least from person to person selling. I'll save interesting cars to my save list in FB and they seem to get sold after not too long.

Applebees Appetizer
Jan 23, 2006

Not here, I've been looking to buy a Miata or Wrangler and it's the same cars that have been up since March.

Especially for Wranglers, they are a hot commodity and that market has slowed to a crawl. No new vehicles posted and the same ones available for sale aren't selling.

Coredump
Dec 1, 2002

So you're saying if I want a cheap Miata Florida is the place to look? hmmm. What surprised me is seeing to somewhat high mileage RX-8's sell for more than $3000. One went for $5000.

Mustache Ride
Sep 11, 2001

Cheap Miatas you say?

Applebees Appetizer
Jan 23, 2006

Coredump posted:

So you're saying if I want a cheap Miata Florida is the place to look? hmmm. What surprised me is seeing to somewhat high mileage RX-8's sell for more than $3000. One went for $5000.

They're not really that cheap yet, I haven't noticed prices dropping significantly but I'm expecting it to happen soon. They just aren't selling. So far the really good deals I've seen have been automatics so I'm waiting for manual cars to start dropping in price. The Wranglers aren't dropping in price at all, but they hold their value historically well so i don't expect prices to drop for awhile depending on how long this goes on for.

I'm waiting for people to start selling off their toys because they need the money, that's where the deals will be had. Miatas and Wranglers fit right in that category.

Mustache Ride posted:

Cheap Miatas you say?

That's a great deal, I would jump on that if it was here.

Coredump
Dec 1, 2002

That makes me feel bad about the blue 10 AE version I saw go in Texas for similar price and not much more miles. It looked nice.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

dphi
Jul 9, 2001
Oh my

https://m.facebook.com/marketplace/...r&__tn__=%2As-R