Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Waltzing Along
Jun 14, 2008

There's only one
Human race
Many faces
Everybody belongs here
That makes no sense. We've seen singers without their masks singing with audience:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=oGqk1K6eNaI&t=389s

First one I looked at. You can see him w/ no mask and the audience.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Dell_Zincht
Nov 5, 2003

Waltzing Along posted:

That makes no sense. We've seen singers without their masks singing with audience:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=oGqk1K6eNaI&t=389s

First one I looked at. You can see him w/ no mask and the audience.

Funny how there's no wide shots of that audience with Rob in frame, isn't it?

IcePhoenix
Sep 18, 2005

Take me to your Shida

Dell_Zincht posted:

there's a shot where you can see the back of like ten people's heads! :v:

Waltzing Along
Jun 14, 2008

There's only one
Human race
Many faces
Everybody belongs here

Dell_Zincht posted:

Funny how you're :wrong:

Waltzing Along
Jun 14, 2008

There's only one
Human race
Many faces
Everybody belongs here
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=jDOMWK2spIw&t=86s

Pinterest Mom
Jun 9, 2009

quote:

Now, it's time for the big reveal — the moment we've been waiting for all afternoon. My heart begins pounding as the energy in the room builds and the eliminated contestant is brought back on stage. The judges reveal their final guesses and it's time for the contestant to "TAKE IT OFF!"

"Who Are You?" starts playing, and we all stand up, emphatically yelling "TAKE IT OFF!" as the contestant wrestles with their mask. A camera person runs on stage to capture a closeup of the eliminated character struggling with the headpiece. This is it, I think as the music speeds up. This. Is. It.

Then out of nowhere, as if the entire set had lost power, the music stops and the masked person ceases to move. Nick and the contestant then walk off without explanation as Jay makes his way back onto the stage. Everyone lets out a collective groan before Jay even says a word. We all know what's coming.

We're not going to find out who's behind the mask.

Instead, Jay tells us that another audience warm-up comedian is going to act out the reveal, and when he raises his hands, everyone has to act like we're shocked to discover who's behind the mask. We do just that. Minutes later, the audience managers thank everyone as we exit the studio. But there's a select 20 or so people at the front of the stage who don't leave. Only these 20 — family members and other top VIPS — are going to see who's behind the mask. The rest of us? It's time to pack up and call our Ubers.

https://www.goodhousekeeping.com/life/entertainment/a30677487/masked-singer-season-3-taping-experience/

Color Printer
May 9, 2011

You get used to it. I don't
even see the code. All I see
is Ipecac, Scapular, Polyphemus...

Gotta be pretty surreal though, knowing there's several famous people performing for you but you have no earthly idea who the gently caress they are.

Dell_Zincht
Nov 5, 2003

Waltzing Along posted:

Funny how you're :wrong:

Not wrong about the Rob video you posted though, clearly.

Also, the article Pinterest Mom posted.

Waltzing Along
Jun 14, 2008

There's only one
Human race
Many faces
Everybody belongs here
You said no studio audience. The clips I posted clearly show a studio audience. A phoney one is possible, but is still an audience.

Dell_Zincht
Nov 5, 2003

Waltzing Along posted:

You said no studio audience. The clips I posted clearly show a studio audience. A phoney one is possible, but is still an audience.

Oh my god semantics.

Haha, your av shows you're clearly not worth arguing about this with.

Waltzing Along
Jun 14, 2008

There's only one
Human race
Many faces
Everybody belongs here

Dell_Zincht posted:

Oh my god semantics.

Haha, your av shows you're clearly not worth arguing about this with.

Yeah, someone in the bitcoin thread won't shut up, ie: 20 posts a page, and is upset I put him on ignore.

IcePhoenix
Sep 18, 2005

Take me to your Shida

Waltzing Along posted:

If it's just friends and family and VIPs you could argue that it's not actually a studio audience though, tbh

Seiyal
Jul 9, 2015

In my mind I just pretend. My brain is my only true friend.
Super late here but we're down to a smackdown between Kitty and Banana (who lost to Frog and Rhino, respectfully) tonight.

Crusty Nutsack
Apr 21, 2005

SUCK LASER, COPPERS

that reveal was unsurprising.

I'm more surprised that they're going to get an hour of after show crap out of this show?? ugh

Sir DonkeyPunch
Mar 23, 2007

I didn't hear no bell

Crusty Nutsack posted:

that reveal was unsurprising.

I'm more surprised that they're going to get an hour of after show crap out of this show?? ugh

I assume this is filling the void that something that got preemempted by coronavirus shutdowns? Maybe that’s too charitable.

Also, RE: the songs/reveal tonight Bret Michaels singing Knockin On Heavens Door is basically like he got up there and sang Every Rose Has It’s Thorns. It’s practically a gimme

FilthyImp
Sep 30, 2002

Anime Deviant
Fox is just like parody TV now. Was watching Bob's Burgers and they had an ad for some XTREME Tag show that looked like American Gladiators: Flag Football Edition. And then a show where these guys compete to artificially inseminate some lady.

Like, The Joe Schmoe Show is not sufficient parody anymore.

Seiyal
Jul 9, 2015

Sir DonkeyPunch posted:

I assume this is filling the void that something that got preemempted by coronavirus shutdowns? Maybe that’s too charitable.

Also, RE: the songs/reveal tonight Bret Michaels singing Knockin On Heavens Door is basically like he got up there and sang Every Rose Has It’s Thorns. It’s practically a gimme

That's very much part of it. Considering some of the other shows on the network didn't even get full seasons or proper final episodes, they're going to drag out their already-in-the-can show as far as they can. Especially since they may not be able to get to filming a new season for a significant portion of time now, they'll do what they can to fill the time slot.

IcePhoenix
Sep 18, 2005

Take me to your Shida

Sharon was awesome can she replace Jenny?

Also she caught the eyes thing! Finally someone caught the eyes!

Terces
Mar 27, 2010

I enjoyed Sharon too.

Seiyal
Jul 9, 2015

Our guest judge is pretty on the ball tonight with intelligent guesses overall.

Also the performances are flying by, we're not even 20 mins in and there's already been 3 performances.

Edit -> So I don't double post here, I'm sorry but has there been a lot more autotune/etc on Night Angel's performances as of late? I want to say it was one of their 2 previous performances, but it's really seemed so much more obvious lately.

Seiyal fucked around with this message at 01:30 on Apr 30, 2020

somekindofguy
Mar 9, 2011
Grimey Drawer
Hard to call who is going home tonight to be honest. Gordon seems to be making decent guesses at least.

Ratmtattat
Mar 10, 2004
the hairdryer

Are crawfish not an obvious enough clue to point to Louisiana?

Seiyal
Jul 9, 2015

I feel like, at this point, I'd be surprised if the final three isn't Frog, Kitty and Turtle to be very honest.

IcePhoenix
Sep 18, 2005

Take me to your Shida

Coming into tonight Rhino would have been my pick to go home but I think they got it right.

Seiyal posted:

I feel like, at this point, I'd be surprised if the final three isn't Frog, Kitty and Turtle to be very honest.

Night Angel keeps getting so much hype even though her stuff doesn't really do it for me on the same level of those three. They would be my pick too, though.

ghost emoji
Mar 11, 2016

oooOooOOOooh
I’m fairly bored with the remaining contestants already, maybe because it’s pretty obvious who they all at this point.

Turtle: Jesse McCartney

Frog: Lil Bow Wow

Kitty: Jackie Evancho

Night Angel: Kandi Burress

Rhino: Barry Zito

I am rooting for the Rhino I guess?

Dell_Zincht
Nov 5, 2003

I think it's pretty obvious that Frog is going to win.

Sir DonkeyPunch
Mar 23, 2007

I didn't hear no bell

Dell_Zincht posted:

I think it's pretty obvious that Turtle is going to win.

ftfy

Waltzing Along
Jun 14, 2008

There's only one
Human race
Many faces
Everybody belongs here
I don't think Rhino is Zito. Zito is from Los Angeles and is only around 6'2. It's an interesting guess. But Rhino looks to be around 6'5 and has a bit of a southern drawl.

This was another episode where I am pretty sure Nicole got a whisper in her ear for her final guess and then was out of nowhere correct.

I think the order from here on out will be:

Kitty
Rhino

Frog/Turtle/Night Angel in the finale.

Turtle wins.

Also, Astronauts voice got much better when he wasn't behind that shield. I was surprised by how much better he sung when he was freed up to move properly. Frog seems to have consistently put on the best performances since Donny Osmond except he can't sing. So I don't think he will win.

Seiyal
Jul 9, 2015

I was really hoping that they'd eliminate 2 people tonight but I'm thinking it's just going to be the 1 at this point. (so 3 shows to go?)

Also not sure who is going so far for the night's performances.

Crusty Nutsack
Apr 21, 2005

SUCK LASER, COPPERS

Dell_Zincht posted:

I think it's pretty obvious that Frog is going to win.

the frog is the best performer

Seiyal
Jul 9, 2015

Welp, that ruins my expected final 3 now, darn it.

With the remaining four and what they've tended to do in the past, I expect it'll be Night Angel and 2 of the male singers (even though I feel that the stronger final 3 would be Frog, Rhino and Turtle)

somekindofguy
Mar 9, 2011
Grimey Drawer
Goddamn, the Masked Singer subreddit getting a little salty about the results tonight. Seems like they want a singer to literally win, although the whole package is important.

Waltzing Along
Jun 14, 2008

There's only one
Human race
Many faces
Everybody belongs here
Rhino done next week.

Turtle is best all around.
Night Angel best voice
Frog is crowd favorite.

Rhino is...tall? Shrug.

Fallen One
May 1, 2007

" Whoa! Death? He's come for me!... Death is sleeping too..."

somekindofguy posted:

Goddamn, the Masked Singer subreddit getting a little salty about the results tonight. Seems like they want a singer to literally win, although the whole package is important.

Dunno, I'm with the people who want the best singer, not overall performer to win (on a show called the Masked Singer at least). I would take a grade A singer who stood stock still every performance over a grade B singer who was also an amazing dancer. I understand people who would prefer a total package, though.

IcePhoenix
Sep 18, 2005

Take me to your Shida

Waltzing Along posted:

Rhino done next week.

Turtle is best all around.
Night Angel best voice
Frog is crowd favorite.

Rhino is...tall? Shrug.

I don't understand what keeps Rhino around the last couple weeks. He doesn't do anything that makes him stand out enough to get some side votes like Gronk was doing

Seiyal
Jul 9, 2015

Late today, but we're down to four. Who's gonna be in the finale three? It's final guess time...

KilGrey
Mar 13, 2005

You know how to whistle, don't you, Steve? Just put your lips together and blow...

So here I am catching up on season three and stopped immediately after white Tiger started and came to this thread to make sure we all agreed it was Gronk and happened to read who Bear is. I haven’t gotten to that episode yet and went to YouTube in disbelief. I turned it off after the first three notes and I recognized the song. I cringed so hard I need a chiropractor.

What in the holy Christ gently caress?

KilGrey
Mar 13, 2005

You know how to whistle, don't you, Steve? Just put your lips together and blow...

Crusty Nutsack posted:

taco's voice sounded a little like david hasselhoff tonight. lord knows he helped people not drown on his show

One of the hardest I ever laughed at this show was when Triumph the Insult Dog said, “I’m just going to guess David Hasslehoff because it’s only a matter of time before he’s on here anyway” because it just seemed so drat true.

Dell_Zincht posted:

It was the same for the UK version, apparently.
You have this in the UK? Has John Borrowman been on yet? He seems like a good candidate for this show.

FilthyImp
Sep 30, 2002

Anime Deviant
Palin killed this show for me, but I'd watch some clips if you could get Hasselhoff, Sisqo, the lead singer from Creed, and Tay Zonday together.

Spoiler for next season: TWO people in one suit!

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Failson
Sep 2, 2018
Fun Shoe

IcePhoenix posted:

I don't understand what keeps Rhino around the last couple weeks. He doesn't do anything that makes him stand out enough to get some side votes like Gronk was doing

The show has leaned real hard into the "MY JOURNEY" storylines this year, and oof. Apparently the producers think that's working though?