Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

nut

willing to part with a wrestler bobblehead for anybody who got the fruits that aint peach pear coconut cherry orange

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Randy Travesty

PHANTOM QUEEN

nut posted:

willing to part with a wrestler bobblehead for anybody who got the fruits that aint peach pear coconut cherry orange

in two days i'll have apples; check with prepuce repurposed!

Areola Grande

it's a free country u pervs

Kief Richards posted:

in two days i'll have apples; check with prepuce repurposed!

:grin: apples are over yonder erry 3 days. Mayhap tomorrow, mayhap not

tyvm Justa Dandelion and Ravenous Scoot

Randy Travesty

PHANTOM QUEEN

prepuce repurposed posted:

:grin: apples are over yonder erry 3 days. Mayhap tomorrow, mayhap not

Fight me, Apple haver

Randy Travesty

PHANTOM QUEEN

Dodo code is JCC5G, come to hosed up Croatoan and see my god awful skills.

FutonForensic

SilkyP posted:

Just started playing disco elysium anyone play this game yet?

yeah you could say that

vanisher

Kief Richards posted:

Dodo code is JCC5G, come to hosed up Croatoan and see my god awful skills.

summoning the eggs back

https://twitter.com/flanisher/status/1249562427592564738?s=20

Sig images courtesy of the talented Luvcow, Dumb Sex-Parrot, & Death Sext

Areola Grande

Do I need to use the postcard stand at the airllport to respond 2 ur v kind letter

vanisher

yep

sending letters to your byob friends? very byob

Sig images courtesy of the talented Luvcow, Dumb Sex-Parrot, & Death Sext

Doctor Dogballs

driving the fuck truck from hand land to pound town without stopping at suction station

I have all fruits for anyone who's missing a type! I am also looking to get some lilies and cosmos for my island, if anyone can share a few with me.

Also, my Able Sisters has a poop hat for sale today

----------------
https://thumbs.gfycat.com/HopefulSophisticatedIndianrhinoceros-mobile.webm
"The Bad Boy of Comics"

Randy Travesty

PHANTOM QUEEN

CMP12 for the next hour!

Jolo

ive been playing with magnuts tying to change the wold as we know it

Dang, I never would've guessed that I wouldn't like Doom Eternal but danged if I don't really like playing it. On paper it sounds like all good changes but in practice I would just rather play Doom 2016 instead.

Jolo

I don't think it's bad. It just isn't for me. It's too much all at once all of the time. I can't enjoy blasting demons because I'm constantly out of ammo or needing to swap guns to do a specific thing to a certain enemy. If you don't kill some enemies in specific ways they take so much more ammo to kill. The game throws fodder enemies in every room specifically so you can chainsaw em for ammo but I'd love it if instead they just let you hold more ammo and made enemies die without having to shoot em a hundred times.

pixaal

All ice cream is now for all beings, no matter how many legs.

Jolo posted:

I don't think it's bad. It just isn't for me. It's too much all at once all of the time. I can't enjoy blasting demons because I'm constantly out of ammo or needing to swap guns to do a specific thing to a certain enemy. If you don't kill some enemies in specific ways they take so much more ammo to kill. The game throws fodder enemies in every room specifically so you can chainsaw em for ammo but I'd love it if instead they just let you hold more ammo and made enemies die without having to shoot em a hundred times.

The idea was to have it play closer to the original Doom games, where you probably aren't killing everything. So instead of being a modern FPS in a Doom skin, it's Doom in 3D.

I haven't played it yet because I've heard it really benefits from a high refresh rate monitor and mine is still being repaired. Just being picky because so few games actually run at 144FPS+ seriously unless you play a lot of Rocket League or CS GO you can pass on a 144, I want to get my money's worth drat it.

pixaal fucked around with this message at 00:49 on Apr 17, 2020

sig by owlhawk911

Rockman Reserve

"Carbons? Purge? What are you talking about?!"

wait what

ive only really played a lot of doom e1 and a fair amount of 64 but if I don’t get 100% kills in a level I usually assume I screwed up lol

Jolo

In most levels I've played you're required to kill everyone. The combat feels too plate spinny to my liking. They've added so many things to be mindful of that the experience feels cluttered. I have similar feelings with games like Devil May Cry 5 where there's so many nuances to the combat that it can feel overwhelming but in dmc you're not penalized for just mashing with your favorite weapon. In Doom Eternal some of the enemies are pretty stout if you aren't exploiting specific weaknesses so the game can feel like a chore if you aren't constantly optimizing your methods.

Which sounded fun at first but didn't end up being fun to play for me. It's neat that this guy is weak to grenades and this one is weak to bullets but I don't wanna switch weapons every second. I just wanna blast some dudes. I may bump it down to easy just to see if that lets me ignore playing optimally and have more fun with it.

Jolo

I finished Wattam and had a lot of fun with it. Every platform you can run around on has different music for it and every character you can control has a different instrument that layers on top of the soundtrack. There's a ruler in the game that has a slap bass for its instrument so it gives a bunch of songs the Seinfeld theme flair.

SeaGoatSupreme
Ask me about fixed-gear bikes (aka "fixies")
What are yalls opinion on playing doom 2016 with a controller? My living room PC is the only one with a decent graphics card right now and I'd like to turn up the shiny without dropping too many frames.

pixaal

SeaGoatSupreme posted:

What are yalls opinion on playing doom 2016 with a controller? My living room PC is the only one with a decent graphics card right now and I'd like to turn up the shiny without dropping too many frames.

I've heard the Switch version is the best one so perfectly playable.

It's a single player game, a mouse is only important in multiplayer FPS. If the game was designed with a controller in mind auto aim and stuff is going to be sufficient for the campaign.

I didn't like the multiplayer and honestly don't remember much other than playing 2-3 rounds and being very very bored. Maybe they fixed it up but I haven't heard anything good about the multiplayer so I'm going to doubt that. So controller doesn't really matter.

sig by owlhawk911

Jolo

SeaGoatSupreme posted:

I've played through Doom 2016 with a controller several times and didn't feel like it hindered me at all.

There are some things in Eternal that are much easier with a mouse for aiming but I can't think of anything in 2016 requiring aiming as precise.

Rockman Reserve

"Carbons? Purge? What are you talking about?!"

pixaal posted:

I've heard the Switch version is the best one so perfectly playable.

the switch version is the best one because of motion control aiming fine-tuning though, like splatoon 2

Rocket Baby Dolls

Normally I don't make aesthetic criticisms in other peoples' homes, but that rug looks like a beaver exploded. If meat is murder, then that rug is at least a severe beating.
I've been playing Epic Battle Fantasy 4 lately and it's been pretty chill for the most of it. It's a turn-based RPG that doesn't take itself seriously and it plays pretty similar to old-school Final Fantasies and such. Epic Battle Fantasy 3 is free on Steam and I sunk 12 hours into it with a couple of playthroughs.

I'm currently playing through a load of Sherlock Holmes games at the moment too, they've been pretty fun so far.

I'm switching between some other time sinks but can't decide on what to commit myself too. I want to play through the Brothers In Arms trilogy and have been playing a mission or two here or there. I'm slowly working my way through the Final Fantasy's (I'm halfway through seven right now, classic seven and not remastered.) The only one that I completed before this was X.

I was going through my first serious game of Crusader Kings 2 but lost a progressive playthrough, I've managed to salvage an earlier save but it's just not the same as a couple of hundred years of mistakes and regrets have been lost. The kingdom that had been grown, for better or worse, has been lost forever. I want that smaller country back as it felt more genuine.

Randy Travesty

PHANTOM QUEEN

my god damned wand makes the illusion of clothing but really, i am naked

this is a hell to me

pixaal

Kief Richards posted:

my god damned wand makes the illusion of clothing but really, i am naked

this is a hell to me

If you feel warm and comfy why do you need real clothing?

sig by owlhawk911

Mummy Napkin
Pretty burnt out on animal crossing sadly so I've been playing cod warzone on PS4 cuz it's free. If anyone wants to squad up and shoot some guys and be all sneaky like, hit me up I'm absolute trash at it

Finger Prince

Just finished the hammerlock add-on for borderlands 3. It was vastly more fun and enjoyable and engaging and better written than the main campaign.

Areola Grande

I'm about to open the gates of my marijuana town for 4:20

Stand by for dodo code :2bong:

Areola Grande

Please enjoy.

Dodo code is MB7FT :okpos:

The Klowner

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS
I'm having a flower emergency. The only type of flower I'm missing is roses. Send help, the energies of my garden are out of balance and I can only fight off the Feng Shui demons for so long

beer pal

ive got turnips at 432 if anyone needs, dodo code 17GBR ive also got roses =]

https://i.imgur.com/xQxnooW.png

nut

I am having a sit-in and will not leave this thread without apples. my store is closed for renovations but the able sisters are selling those little cucumber slices you can put on your cheeks

nut

if u leave a dodo code and apples by the airport I will deliver freshly sterilized presents without entering a 6 ft radius

Areola Grande

stand by nut

I'm checking my island for 'pples

post so I know you've remained vigilant pls

nut

stand by nut

I'm checking my island for 'pples

post so I know you've remained vigilant pls

thank u god

Areola Grande

I've got 9 of em sitting near my airport feel free to stay for a spell if'n u want 2.

M11TN

nut

me panicking to find the right bridges in Narshe with the low battery warning lmao

Areola Grande

nut posted:

me panicking to find the right bridges in Narshe with the low battery warning lmao

yeah, it's a bit of a maze

nut

yeah, it's a bit of a maze

it’s amazing and I’m just that bad at any type of navigation

Areola Grande

it works out. server maintenance just began

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

nut