Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Ugly In The Morning
Jul 1, 2010
Pillbug

El Jeffe posted:

Looks like Brave New World is getting the Fahrenheit 451 (2018) treatment.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=wC04ypdLOa4

I wanted to like that Fahrenheit 451 adaptation so bad but it was such a letdown.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

feedmyleg
Dec 25, 2004
Finally something that looks good:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=CwURtbhpm60

e: and yeah, that Brave New World trailer does not feel at all like the book. Bummer.

feedmyleg fucked around with this message at 19:55 on Apr 16, 2020

Escobarbarian
Jun 18, 2004

Grimey Drawer

quote:

Steven Spielberg’s Amblin Television produces with acclaimed comics writer Grant Morrison, Homecoming’s David Wiener, and Neveldine/Taylor’s Brian Taylor at the helm.

Yeah I’ll watch the poo poo outta Brave New World.

Big Mean Jerk
Jan 27, 2009

Well, of course I know him.
He's me.
You had me at Grant Morrison

muscles like this!
Jan 17, 2005

Escobarbarian posted:

Yeah I’ll watch the poo poo outta Brave New World.

I'm surprised it actually got made with that crew because they've been trying to get this done for years.

Also I just learned that in the Final Fantasy 7 remake Sephiroth is voiced by Tyler Hoechlin.

CAPTAIN CAPSLOCK
Sep 11, 2001

muscles like this! posted:

I'm surprised it actually got made with that crew because they've been trying to get this done for years.

Also I just learned that in the Final Fantasy 7 remake Sephiroth is voiced by Tyler Hoechlin.

Tiny Superman Sephiroth

muscles like this!
Jan 17, 2005

JJ Abrams is producing three series for HBO Max. One is Duster, an original story about a getaway driver set in the 70s, the second is an anthology series set in the Overlook Hotel from The Shinning and the third is DC's Justice League Dark which involves magical heroes from the DC comics universe.

Ugly In The Morning
Jul 1, 2010
Pillbug
Brian Dennehy died. :smith:

OldSenileGuy
Mar 13, 2001
Here's a silly question: Is there any kind of app or program that exists that will do real-time reaction tracking ala those "audience reaction meters" they used on CNN debates a few years ago? I'm using my quarantine time to finally start the grand project to find the rare good post-season-15 Simpsons episodes, and I'd like to be as scientific as possible about it.

As I've started the project, I've noticed there's a lot of subtle different ways that zombie Simpsons is bad. Sometimes there's actually a decent plot, but it's filled with dumb dud jokes that don't land. And sometimes there's a super dumb, rambling plot, but also a few good jokes along the way. More often than not, however, it's the double whammy of dumb, bad plot filled with dumb bad jokes.

Anyway, if I had the reaction-monitoring tool, I could also do other fun stuff like see which is the WORST episode, which is the worst season, etc etc etc

So, does the Ralph Wiggum Knob exist?

Only registered members can see post attachments!

esperterra
Mar 24, 2010

SHINee's back

X-O posted:

Oh wow. Emmy Rossum as Angelyne is going to be something.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=NZvQDf2vVQc

Oh hell yeah

Ariza
Feb 8, 2006

Ugly In The Morning posted:

I wanted to like that Fahrenheit 451 adaptation so bad but it was such a letdown.

It really, really was. Just painfully mediocre. I was going to talk some poo poo about the writer/director but I remember liking 99 Homes well enough, though it's entirely possible that I like Michael Shannon too much to be subjective at all.

I really just someone to faithfully adapt how Fahrenheit 451 or Brave New World made me feel as a 13 year old boy confused about the world.

Ariza fucked around with this message at 00:31 on Apr 17, 2020

EL BROMANCE
Jun 10, 2006

COWABUNGA DUDES!
🥷🐢😬

I don’t think there’s a Simpsons episode past s12 (just in case there’s one or two in the 2 years the preceded it) I would consider good. It’s amazing how a show that was brilliant is now at least 2/3 complete poo poo.

If some of the recent less worse episodes were of a different show with different characters I’d probably be more tolerable, but it set its own high expectations.

Mu Zeta
Oct 17, 2002

Me crush ass to dust

I think one of the last episodes I watched live on tv was one where Homer went to lollapalooza and made fun of teens that listen to music like Sonic Youth. Those teens are like 45 years old now.

Escobarbarian
Jun 18, 2004

Grimey Drawer
That’s a great episode tho

MechaSeinfeld
Jan 2, 2008

the thing that dates that episode is that billy corgan sucks rear end and has so for years

Ariza
Feb 8, 2006

EL BROMANCE posted:

I don’t think there’s a Simpsons episode past s12 (just in case there’s one or two in the 2 years the preceded it) I would consider good. It’s amazing how a show that was brilliant is now at least 2/3 complete poo poo.

If some of the recent less worse episodes were of a different show with different characters I’d probably be more tolerable, but it set its own high expectations.

There are still a few Treehouse of Horror episodes after with some classics: "Send in the Clones", "The Ned Zone", "Reaper Madness", "I Know What You Diddily-Iddily-Did", "Stop the World, I Want to Goof Off", etc. My personal feeling is that died between seasons 17 & 18, both of which were horrific.

Other than those though, I think you're right. I'll still throw every season on random, but I end up skipping the second half of the seasons

Inspector 34
Mar 9, 2009

DOES NOT RESPECT THE RUN

BUT THEY WILL
Bosch s6 is up!

precision
May 7, 2006

by VideoGames
How many weeks from a south park corona virus episode are we?

bull3964
Nov 18, 2000

DO YOU HEAR THAT? THAT'S THE SOUND OF ME PATTING MYSELF ON THE BACK.

South Park doesn't typically start their season until the last week of September.

Mu Zeta
Oct 17, 2002

Me crush ass to dust

They should make fun of the rich people flying to their private islands and asking the government for a bailout

Ugly In The Morning
Jul 1, 2010
Pillbug
Had Terrier’s theme song come up on YouTube. Easily the best theme song for what was basically the best single show ever made.

https://youtu.be/BVHOn-S82ms

isaboo
Nov 11, 2002

Muay Buok
ขอให้โชคดี
I love Terriers so much. The show. The dogs.... eh

Alhazred
Feb 16, 2011

Mu Zeta posted:

I think one of the last episodes I watched live on tv was one where Homer went to lollapalooza and made fun of teens that listen to music like Sonic Youth. Those teens are like 45 years old now.

Back when Cypress Hill was considered edgy.

Neddy Seagoon
Oct 12, 2012

"Hi Everybody!"

swickles posted:

It adds humor to a lot of the situations, plus they get a good chunk of business from people thinking he is truly psychic to do things like exorcisms and such. In a bunch of episodes he mentions cases you don't actually see him work. To go super deep, Gus mentions in the first season that psychic detectives aren't held to the same license requirements that an actual Private Investigator is. Last, it becomes a big plot point in the final season or two with his relationship with Juliet.

It also actively works against them in a lot of episodes (and creates some fun moments as a result) where they could've solved things quicker by just being detectives, but now they have to bend over backwards to figure out a way to bullshit out a "psychic detective" reason they cracked a case and prod the cops in the right direction.

MiddleOne
Feb 17, 2011

I think the use of sounds and music in I Am Not Okay With This is really underrated. Been rewatching and it's just very neat.

Binary Logic
Dec 28, 2000

Fun Shoe

muscles like this! posted:

JJ Abrams is producing three series for HBO Max. One is Duster, an original story about a getaway driver set in the 70s, the second is an anthology series set in the Overlook Hotel from The Shinning and the third is DC's Justice League Dark which involves magical heroes from the DC comics universe.

Going to check out that first series because the first car I owned was a 74 Duster.
Loved that car until I drove it off an icy bridge.

Binary Logic fucked around with this message at 17:19 on Apr 18, 2020

Rain Brain
Dec 15, 2006

in ghostlier demarcations, keener sounds

pahuyuth posted:

Counterpoint

feedmyleg
Dec 25, 2004

pahuyuth posted:

Terries have no personality whatsoever. They're like hamsters. Just kind of... there.

Umbra
Jul 9, 2003
Sweet Sassy Molassy.
Give terriers a chance

Do the terrier dance

Big Mean Jerk
Jan 27, 2009

Well, of course I know him.
He's me.

feedmyleg posted:

Terries have no personality whatsoever. They're like hamsters. Just kind of... there.

Terriers have personality, the problem is that it’s usually some variation of “angry as hell”. One of my dogs is half Terrier and she’s usually completely chill until she hears someone in the street or the doorbell or a squirrel and then she gets all weird and swole and goes full “u wot m8” mode while she stomps around the room. She’s like the angry drunk looking for a fight every time someone brushes past them in the bar.

Catfishenfuego
Oct 21, 2008

Moist With Indignation

feedmyleg posted:

This is a weird take, Terriers are absolute nutters.

Sloth Life
Nov 15, 2014

Built for comfort and speed!
Fallen Rib
Terriers are bloody minded little fuckers with no "off" button. Perfect for independent hunting and going toe to toe with animals in their dens, poo poo for everything else.

CeeJee
Dec 4, 2001
Oven Wrangler
While Bosch is still superb television I'm quite annoyed at the writers' apparent use (I'm 3 episodes in) of my least favourite plot device ever

It seems obvious the kidnapper was not the sovereign citizen guy but someone with the 308 tattoo painted on, a classic Hollywood false flag plot. Using a false flag so frequently and having the hero be the only one with the insight to see through it (while everyone else is the sheeple who fall for it) has poisoned the way many view any events in real life.

Rhyno
Mar 22, 2003
Probation
Can't post for 10 years!
I'm enjoying the hell out them blasting Sovereign Citizens.

muscles like this!
Jan 17, 2005

Now that it is over and I've had some time to think about it my ranking for seasons of Future Man are 1, 3, 2. While the show was always good it never quite gets back to the highs of season 1.

Escobarbarian
Jun 18, 2004

Grimey Drawer
I didn’t even need to think about it to know that was my ranking

Cactus
Jun 24, 2006

That episode where he becomes an underground coke-feind chef though.

:discourse:

SimonChris
Apr 24, 2008

The Baron's daughter is missing, and you are the man to find her. No problem. With your inexhaustible arsenal of hard-boiled similes, there is nothing you can't handle.
Grimey Drawer

feedmyleg posted:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=eiWIOKKuyGE

TERRIES!

Medullah
Aug 14, 2003

FEAR MY SHARK ROCKET IT REALLY SUCKS AND BLOWS

CeeJee posted:

While Bosch is still superb television I'm quite annoyed at the writers' apparent use (I'm 3 episodes in) of my least favourite plot device ever

It seems obvious the kidnapper was not the sovereign citizen guy but someone with the 308 tattoo painted on, a classic Hollywood false flag plot. Using a false flag so frequently and having the hero be the only one with the insight to see through it (while everyone else is the sheeple who fall for it) has poisoned the way many view any events in real life.

I accidentally rolled over this, only watched the first episode but yeah this is totally it, and I'm guessing the wife is in on it

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Shageletic
Jul 25, 2007

MiddleOne posted:

The finale of Devs went so far up its own rear end it broke the time-rear end continuum.

glad i jumped out an episode before that.

it was just a poo poo show, dunno why people like it other than to jerk off about sImUlATionS

Anyvay, found a good show worth mentioning. Unorthodox gets flabby in the middle of its limited series run, but the premiere and especially the finale hits the sweet spot. Also massive points for having a performance meant to blow away its audience actually fulfilling it. It gave me a lot of feels.

And a show I found disappointing which I'm surprised to see got a lot praise here, Dead To Me, veered away from what I thought would be thoughtful take on grief and overcoming it, to straight up melodrama, with "shocking" twists predictably thrown up like clockwork. Great acting, but it's a lot less as a whole than I thought it would be.