Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

I Said No
May 21, 2007

jesus dude ur gonna kill someone with that av

Isaac posted:

rear end Jam

e..excuse me??

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Sinners Sandwich
Jan 4, 2012

Give me your friend's BURGERS and SANDWICHES, I'll put out the fire.

As someone that just installed and logged in to play my first ever round then only for everyone to go come back tomorrow, rear end day is a cool

Isaac
Aug 3, 2006

Fun Shoe
its called rear end jam now not rear end day

Omi no Kami
Feb 19, 2014

rear end day is the greatest survival horror game ever made unless the round rolls Butts on a 1d6, in which case it's basically Deadly Premonition. Either way is amazing.

Quicksilver6
Mar 21, 2008

Omi no Kami posted:

rear end day is the greatest survival horror game ever made unless the round rolls Butts on a 1d6, in which case it's basically Deadly Premonition. Either way is amazing.

I understood some of these words and am intrigued

Justin Credible
Aug 27, 2003

happy cat

Something's gotta be done about blob. The rounds are not lasting more than 15 minutes at the most. The blob guys are upset on how easy it is to kill them, everyone else just gets to have about 20 wasted minutes. Switching it to mixed after the blobs die for late-join antags and allowing mid-round spawns would be the best option to me imho.

I just got accused of powergaming for cracking space crates, which ended up letting me get two incendiaries, a single of which killed a fairly new player to blob 'cus he put his nucleus inside the routing drop off point between medbay and sci on Cog1.

Lunchmeat Larry
Nov 3, 2012

I was going to say I'm not sure about losing rear end day but ASS_JAM sounds great tbh https://forum.ss13.co/showthread.php?tid=14330

Isaac
Aug 3, 2006

Fun Shoe
rear end Jam also was all maps i never played before it was fun. Theres one called belephon fleet thats like half a dozen little spaceships and another one called density which is so tight you have to lay do n to let borgs past

Isaac
Aug 3, 2006

Fun Shoe
I want to code a patch that lets you have legs or arms or arms for legs

monolithburger
Sep 7, 2011

Isaac posted:

Well if it isn't my old friend, Mr. McGreg!

Also, new map owns bones.

Whybird
Aug 2, 2009

Phaiston have long avoided the tightly competetive defence sector, but the IRDA Act 2052 has given us the freedom we need to bring out something really special.

https://team-robostar.itch.io/robostar

Nap Ghost

Isaac posted:

Not gonna lie, when I made my first synthlimbs in Botany I was very disappointed that you couldn't turn people into Mr. McGreg.

Dabir
Nov 10, 2012

what effects do you envision this having

Angry Diplomat
Nov 7, 2009

Winner of the TSR Memorial Award for Excellence In Grogging

Dabir posted:

Juggling produces a high probability of randomly hitting oneself in the crotch

Motherfucker
Jul 16, 2011

I certainly dont have deep-seated issues involving birthdays.
Ok first it puts feet on your arm slots that point up, than it puts arms on ur leg slots that point down. Than: crucially. Sprite flip.

corgski
Feb 6, 2007

Silly goose, you're here forever.

for the four arms/no legs variation: can hold and use four items as long as you're laying down, the swap hands key rotates between all four. (for rapid-fire wall demolition)

corgski fucked around with this message at 01:10 on Apr 20, 2020

Isaac
Aug 3, 2006

Fun Shoe

Motherfucker posted:

Ok first it puts feet on your arm slots that point up, than it puts arms on ur leg slots that point down. Than: crucially. Sprite flip.

This is what I see in my minds eye

Whybird
Aug 2, 2009

Phaiston have long avoided the tightly competetive defence sector, but the IRDA Act 2052 has given us the freedom we need to bring out something really special.

https://team-robostar.itch.io/robostar

Nap Ghost
Presumably, arms being replaced by legs would mean that you couldn't use said hand to hold anything any more, but you could use it to kick people in the head.

corgski
Feb 6, 2007

Silly goose, you're here forever.

Also a faster way to beat yourself to death with your own shoes greyshirt style.

SilkyP
Jul 21, 2004

The Boo-Box

Dabir posted:

slower walking, harder hitting punches

Motherfucker
Jul 16, 2011

it has no other effects besides making you look ridiculous. It otherwise leaves you 100% ready to annihilate and fight.

Omi no Kami
Feb 19, 2014

This reminds me of an old MUD/multiplayer text-based thing a buddy of mine used to play. There were limits to what you could pick up, but all those checks were written into your arms. If you managed to get both arms cut off your guy was programmed to pick things up with his mouth, which didn't have the strength limit and could lift and swing any objects in the game, including cars and motorcycles.

a cartoon duck
Sep 5, 2011

I know I'm way late to the whole deal to comment on, but I just wanna say: lmao a secret cabal of double-admins literally calling themselves wizards ruining things for everyone and themselves is the most ss13 thing possible

Motherfucker
Jul 16, 2011

Heyo my names mikey and I'm a sick gently caress and I've gotta say I love space station thirteen and especially goonstation because no game has really captured my passion for bug chasing quite as much as this one. Yeah the first time I unleashed a fart plague on a bunch of strangers on the internet I got more of a rush than the time I cleaned out my cold sores with my kids toothbrush! Watching that infectiousness level go up gives me more of an erection than the icecream challenge. The best part is unlike in real life I can walk around snatching peoples masks and suits and stuff and forcing them to get all my bugs! Wish I could do that in real life! haha! Anyway make america great again and bring pack poo!

(USER WAS PUT ON PROBATION FOR THIS POST)

cock hero flux
Apr 17, 2011

Motherfucker posted:

Heyo my names mikey and I'm a sick gently caress and I've gotta say I love space station thirteen and especially goonstation because no game has really captured my passion for bug chasing quite as much as this one. Yeah the first time I unleashed a fart plague on a bunch of strangers on the internet I got more of a rush than the time I cleaned out my cold sores with my kids toothbrush! Watching that infectiousness level go up gives me more of an erection than the icecream challenge. The best part is unlike in real life I can walk around snatching peoples masks and suits and stuff and forcing them to get all my bugs! Wish I could do that in real life! haha! Anyway make america great again and bring pack poo!

so did you leave your account logged in and your computer unattended or are you having a nervous breakdown?

Lunchmeat Larry
Nov 3, 2012

Motherfucker posted:

agreed.

Fajita Queen
Jun 21, 2012

Motherfucker posted:

:hmmyes:

Leal
Oct 2, 2009

Motherfucker posted:

I thought you were a mad man until that last sentence.

I Said No
May 21, 2007

jesus dude ur gonna kill someone with that av

cock hero flux posted:

so did you leave your account logged in and your computer unattended or are you having a nervous breakdown?

Nah, s'just Motherfucker being Motherfucker.

Dabir
Nov 10, 2012

honestly I'm just shocked at the improvement

Lunchmeat Larry
Nov 3, 2012

He's right, and he's right to say it.

Kevin DuBrow
Apr 21, 2012

The uruk-hai defender has logged on.
It has taken me way too many years of reading "BYOND: Build your own net dream" to understand that BYOND is an initialism for "build your own net dream".

Goons Are Gifts
Jan 1, 1970

Yeah, we had a dream to build and look what we did instead.

Vengarr
Jun 17, 2010

Smashed before noon

Kevin DuBrow posted:

It has taken me way too many years of reading "BYOND: Build your own net dream" to understand that BYOND is an initialism for "build your own net dream".

Fun fact: the original acronym was DUNG. Dan/tom’s Universal Network Game.

throw to first DAMN IT
Apr 10, 2007
This whole thread has been raging at the people who don't want Saracen invasion to their homes

Perhaps you too should be more accepting of their cultures

Goons Are Great posted:

Nightmares are dreams too

Neddy Seagoon
Oct 12, 2012

"Hi Everybody!"

Vengarr posted:

Fun fact: the original acronym was DUNG. Dan/tom’s Universal Network Game.

Bring back DUNG! :goonsay:

Macintosh HD
Mar 9, 2004

Oh no its today
I understand why metacomming is against the rules on goonstation and virtually every server, but how does goonstation feel about someone trying to help a friend learn SS13/byond? I have a buddy that I think would absolutely love it if given the right love.

tweet my meat
Oct 2, 2013

yospos
That's more or less fine, no one's gonna come after you for meeting up with your buddy in game to show them the ropes. Asking mechanics questions in discord or wherever is also fine, maybe it's technically against the rules but you'd never get caught, still probably better to handle it in game. The only really shaky thing would be if they rolled antagonist and you helped them, but as long as you're not actively participating with them I doubt anyone would care if they asked you a few questions about how to be a traitor.

Be sure to let them know about the mentorhelp command which is also very helpful.

Methylethylaldehyde
Oct 23, 2004

BAKA BAKA

Goons Are Great posted:

Too bad we were running a fever of 106 after dropping all that acid, but in the end, it all worked out, somehow.

Lunchmeat Larry
Nov 3, 2012

Macintosh HD posted:

I understand why metacomming is against the rules on goonstation and virtually every server, but how does goonstation feel about someone trying to help a friend learn SS13/byond? I have a buddy that I think would absolutely love it if given the right love.
Just do it and if an admin asks what you're up to, tell them. It's tacitly encouraged as far as I know, just be reasonable/use common sense about it and so will the mods.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Fajita Queen
Jun 21, 2012

Is there a copyright holder for all of the ss13-associated copyrights, trademarks, etc.? Stuff like the names of Nanotrasen and Spooky Dan's and whatnot.