Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

HopperUK
Apr 29, 2007

Why would an ambulance be leaving the hospital?
Did Garden Flipper ever become worth buying? The reviews are really so-so.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

SelenicMartian
Sep 14, 2013

Sometimes it's not the bomb that's retarded.

Hub Cat posted:

Nah House Flipper and Thief Sim are Playway most of their games turn out okay after some patching. This is a different publisher and all their games have bad reviews.
That's funny because they're advertising TS and HF under the "Check our other interesting games" banner, and bundle with TS.

Hub Cat
Aug 3, 2011

Trunk Lover

Huh looks like Playway is also a publisher on this, it was behind a button on the steam page but anyway this just looks bad tbh. But there is a free demo and I have some free time so lets see what happens?

HopperUK posted:

Did Garden Flipper ever become worth buying? The reviews are really so-so.
It's mostly just more House Flipper, when it came out it was basically unfinished but they've added a decent amount of content now. I wouldn't say get it at full price but most of the reviews are mad about it being paid dlc basically. I guess it's kind of pointless, it only bumps the sale price up on the houses and the contests are really easy to game if you want to so you're mostly just doing it for your own benefit

Hub Cat fucked around with this message at 04:03 on Apr 19, 2020

Cardiovorax
Jun 5, 2011

I mean, if you're a successful actress and you go out of the house in a skirt and without underwear, knowing that paparazzi are just waiting for opportunities like this and that it has happened many times before, then there's really nobody you can blame for it but yourself.
Thief Simulator is surprisingly decent. It has a fairly decent amount of content and being sneaky bastard and robbing people blind or smashing their toilet because one of their neighbours hates them and is paying you a hundred bucks for it is surpringly enjoyable. It's a solid game for 20 dollars and worth the price, so if you want to try one of their games, I think that is a good starting point.

Tiny Timbs
Sep 6, 2008

SardonicTyrant posted:

The Humble Bundle Work Remote Bundle is a utterly bizarre mix of games and trials for premium software, but it also includes King of Dragon Pass for a buck, which is worth it.

The software is good but making it “new customers only” for the subscription-based software is junk

StrixNebulosa
Feb 14, 2012

You cheated not only the game, but yourself.
But most of all, you cheated BABA

Update: the Crocodile may live another day because they are protected by an extremely long and tedious arena sequence and infinite cutscenes and I want to play xcom and solitaire. But they will die soon. God I am not a fan of when the plot in AC takes over, I want to go back to wandering the desert and infiltrating outposts.

strange feelings re Daisy
Aug 2, 2000

Hub Cat posted:

Assassin's Creed Odyssey:Imagine two children on the edge of a cliff
hahaha holy poo poo

anilEhilated
Feb 17, 2014

But I say fuck the rain.

Grimey Drawer

StrixNebulosa posted:

Update: the Crocodile may live another day because they are protected by an extremely long and tedious arena sequence and infinite cutscenes and I want to play xcom and solitaire. But they will die soon. God I am not a fan of when the plot in AC takes over, I want to go back to wandering the desert and infiltrating outposts.
You do get a pretty badass sidekick for it, at least.

Hub Cat posted:

Assassin's Creed Odyssey:Imagine two children on the edge of a cliff
If there is an AC thread, this should be its title.

Awesome!
Oct 17, 2008

Ready for adventure!

i too played drug wars when i was like 10

Hub Cat
Aug 3, 2011

Trunk Lover

Yeah okay the drug game demo was boring and it sounds like half the stuff in the screenshots isn't actually in the game.
It's mostly a delivery simulator with a lot of waiting around and a packaging mechanic that has a terrible ui.

Hub Cat fucked around with this message at 22:11 on Apr 18, 2020

Samuringa
Mar 27, 2017

Best advice I was ever given?

"Ticker, you'll be a lot happier once you stop caring about the opinions of a culture that is beneath you."

I learned my worth, learned the places and people that matter.

Opened my eyes.
Weedcraft Inc. should sate anyone's desire for a drug dealer simulator though its more of a Gardner Simulator, what with the very careful balancing of humidity, lightning and long periods of time spent, no joke, watching plants grow.

The 7th Guest
Dec 17, 2003

i want all upcoming games to come out of the five basic food groups: Subnautica, Rollercoaster Tycoon, Animal Crossing, Picross, and Doom

StrixNebulosa
Feb 14, 2012

You cheated not only the game, but yourself.
But most of all, you cheated BABA

The 7th Guest posted:

i want all upcoming games to come out of the five basic food groups: Subnautica, Rollercoaster Tycoon, Animal Crossing, Picross, and Doom

I don't believe XCOM fits in any of those categories, and I reject it fitting in with Rollercoaster Tycoon, so six basic food groups.

Hwurmp
May 20, 2005

XCOM is a roughly even mix of Doom and Picross

zedprime
Jun 9, 2007

yospos

StrixNebulosa posted:

I don't believe XCOM fits in any of those categories, and I reject it fitting in with Rollercoaster Tycoon, so six basic food groups.
Xcom is a picross like, you can set up a logic puzzle for most relationships and solve it to find out what to do.

Scalding Coffee
Jun 26, 2006

You're already dead

Cardiovorax posted:

Thief Simulator is surprisingly decent. It has a fairly decent amount of content and being sneaky bastard and robbing people blind or smashing their toilet because one of their neighbours hates them and is paying you a hundred bucks for it is surpringly enjoyable. It's a solid game for 20 dollars and worth the price, so if you want to try one of their games, I think that is a good starting point.
It also has a NG+ and a cloaking device for that mode if you want to mess around with the occupants. Worth the price and even has a VR version.

Hub Cat posted:

Yeah okay the drug game demo was boring and it sounds like half the stuff in the screenshots isn't actually in the game.
It's mostly a delivery simulator with a lot of waiting around and a packaging mechanic that has a terrible ui.
The demo had so much screen tearing and artifacts it was like my monitor was dying.

Scalding Coffee fucked around with this message at 00:44 on Apr 19, 2020

Xaris
Jul 25, 2006

Lucky there's a family guy
Lucky there's a man who positively can do
All the things that make us
Laugh and cry

Lord Lambeth posted:

I'm glad Devolver Digital exists and is so stubbornly weird.

:same:

they actually do publish a fair amount of solidly good indie games, along with trash, but it's an interesting publisher all around

Xaris
Jul 25, 2006

Lucky there's a family guy
Lucky there's a man who positively can do
All the things that make us
Laugh and cry

Samuringa posted:

Weedcraft Inc. should sate anyone's desire for a drug dealer simulator though its more of a Gardner Simulator, what with the very careful balancing of humidity, lightning and long periods of time spent, no joke, watching plants grow.

I enjoyed some time with it but I got pretty tired of it at the last 20% or so.

Anonymous Robot
Jun 1, 2007

Lost his leg in Robo War I

Xaris posted:

they actually do publish a fair amount of solidly good indie games, along with trash, but it's an interesting publisher all around

I didn’t expect to like Not A Hero, but it’s pretty cool. It is to cover shooters what OlliOlli is to skateboarding games.

strange feelings re Daisy
Aug 2, 2000

Xaris posted:

Having played and enjoyed many of their games I got a kick out of their bootleg sampler. It parodies their popular games by giving you much shittier versions. Like they absolutely nailed what makes their games enjoyable and strategically sabotaged them on a case-by-case basis. Do not pay for the sampler, but consider playing it while it's free for two more days. It's like a very elaborate prank that went too far and I respect that sort of thing.
https://store.steampowered.com/app/1066260/Devolver_Bootleg/

Trickyblackjack
Feb 13, 2012
Beat RE2make and it's great. But I did wonder why they didn't just use this new engine/gameplay on a RE8 instead of these remakes though. It's not like I had experienced a transcendent narrative that needed retelling. That being said, I did quite like Claire and her drive to go above and beyond what would be expected from a regular random person to protect Sherry was genuinly touching.

lunar detritus
May 6, 2009

Trickyblackjack posted:

Beat RE2make and it's great. But I did wonder why they didn't just use this new engine/gameplay on a RE8 instead of these remakes though. It's not like I had experienced a transcendent narrative that needed retelling.

Money.

Serephina
Nov 8, 2005

恐竜戦隊
ジュウレンジャー
Nostalgia purchases. I have a brother whose first PS game was RE3, so he's been super keen on these releases. Also he invited me over for a whirl of the newer titles (RE6?), and dear lord has the shark been jumped over there. No wonder they want to rewind the storyline a bit.

Hub Cat
Aug 3, 2011

Trunk Lover

Nvm looks like they've been working on the RE2make since 2015. So basically sounds like they did the engine work for 7 and did relatively cheap remakes of 2 and 3 to cash in and provide a cushion if 7 flopped.
Edit so:

Hub Cat fucked around with this message at 01:45 on Apr 19, 2020

ErrEff
Feb 13, 2012

It's safer to remake an old property than it is to make a new installment.

Funky Valentine
Feb 26, 2014

Dojyaa~an

Having RE2 but not controlling like absolute poo poo is a worthy enough goal.

SolidSnakesBandana
Jul 1, 2007

Infinite ammo
As a hyper-fan of the original RE2, and not a big fan of RE7, I'm pretty pleased with how everything turned out.

Jamfrost
Jul 20, 2013

I'm too busy thinkin' about my baby. Oh I ain't got time for nothin' else.
Slime TrainerS
I still think about RE2 Remake every now and then. I don't want to touch the original. I hope they remake Steve.

HerpicleOmnicron5
May 31, 2013

How did this smug dummkopf ever make general?

Trickyblackjack posted:

Beat RE2make and it's great. But I did wonder why they didn't just use this new engine/gameplay on a RE8 instead of these remakes though. It's not like I had experienced a transcendent narrative that needed retelling. That being said, I did quite like Claire and her drive to go above and beyond what would be expected from a regular random person to protect Sherry was genuinly touching.

RE2make and RE3make imho were pretty necessary to rescue the originals from a dead style of game that was already perfected by RE1make. It's preservation, renovation, and the nostalgia bait view isn't just for money making. Lots of the devs were probably pretty hyped to work on a new version of their favourite game.

Also, RE8 is probably also going to be on RE Engine.

err
Apr 11, 2005

I carry my own weight no matter how heavy this shit gets...
Does the original Final Fantasy 7 hold up? I never played it but with all the talk about the remake, I kinda want to.

kirbysuperstar
Nov 11, 2012

Let the fools who stand before us be destroyed by the power you and I possess.

err posted:

Does the original Final Fantasy 7 hold up? I never played it but with all the talk about the remake, I kinda want to.

Mostly. It's definitely aged but all the modern ports have built in cheats if you just wanna blast through and see the story and whatnot

HerpicleOmnicron5
May 31, 2013

How did this smug dummkopf ever make general?

err posted:

Graphically, no. If you've not played the prior FF games, then definitely. If you have, you kinda get a little annoyed at how most of the plot points are lifted straight from them, as well as some of the music. As a whole though, the story is pretty good, and actually pulls off some pretty cool narrative tricks that haven't really been repeated all that much? I'd recommend watching or reading an LP though if you're not into that style of menu based JRPG.

Internet Explorer
Jun 1, 2005

A game like Borderlands 3, with that engine, but superheroes instead of guns would be super loving cool.

No Wave
Sep 18, 2005

HA! HA! NICE! WHAT A TOOL!

err posted:

It starts really well. If you're bored after the first half hour you can stop.

Lord Lambeth
Dec 7, 2011

Xaris posted:

well a perfect resume is one that is completely blank! :eng101:

Edit: I played FF7 earlier this year and I had a good time. I liked it more than FF8. played it on switch though, I think the port is better there.

Lord Lambeth fucked around with this message at 04:26 on Apr 19, 2020

Funky Valentine
Feb 26, 2014

Dojyaa~an

Switch port comes with built-in speed cheats, which makes traversing the map way less tedious and also makes battles with it on hilariously hectic.

Lord Lambeth
Dec 7, 2011

Funky Valentine posted:

Switch port comes with built-in speed cheats, which makes traversing the map way less tedious and also makes battles with it on hilariously hectic.

I also really dislike the whole cloud save thing the pc port has. and mods for the pc version aren't that great.

americanzero4128
Jul 20, 2009
Grimey Drawer
I mentioned it a week or so ago, but Kragger99 gifted me Mafia 3. I beat it tonight. I dug it! I spent 59 hours on it, which, is a rarity these days for me, however quarantine and all has me playing more games once the kids are in bed - normally I'm 20 hours or less for a game so I can beat one every month or two. Open world, but drat, a satisfying storyline, decent to good writing, good cut scenes, I'd definitely recommend it. However, don't be a fool like me and look for all the collectibles - not really worth it. The only stuff I'd consider worth it is the races, because the car you unlock for getting first in all of them is :kiss:. Overall, fun game, glad I played it, super glad Kragger99 gifted it to me. Thanks again dude!

Ripper Swarm
Sep 9, 2009

It's not that I hate it. It's that I loathe it.

The 7th Guest posted:

Very curious how Total Warhammer 2 would fit in this system

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Scalding Coffee
Jun 26, 2006

You're already dead
After what felt like fumbling through REMake, I got the death mask from Yawn's room and left Richard to die, screaming. The seconds that went by after leaving the room and not seeing Richard following me and the cutscene of his death scream the room over, made me feel like an rear end in a top hat. I just didn't have the ammo for a boss fight and more fast zombies began chasing me around the mansion.