Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Mr. Humalong
May 7, 2007

Quidthulhu posted:

Are you going to come down hard on Toal for not only apparently missing your clear "joke" but also for not reading any of Amni's content at all

no that is clearly someone playing along with the joke

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Quidthulhu
Dec 17, 2003

Stand down, men! It's only smooching!

Oh ok, the arbitrary readings of things you are ascribing as absolute truths. Understood.

SHALASHASKA HAWKE
Nov 10, 2016

No child soldier in poverty by 1990

Quidthulhu posted:

Oh ok, the arbitrary readings of things you are ascribing as absolute truths. Understood.

don’t try to cultural relativism this u nazi bithx

Quidthulhu
Dec 17, 2003

I'm jewish & I'd appreciate not being called a nazi for playing a mafia game, tia

a dmc delorean
Jul 2, 2006

Live the dream

Jeabus Mahogany posted:

gonna slam down my guts while checking post histories in alphabetical order

ASF - low-content, null
Akarshi - town lean
Amnistar - Don't wanna test their claim D1, aware that might be falling into their trap
Angelwolf - lotta questions without opinions, apparently if we vote Amni and it fails they'd be happy about it? Scum lean
b-minus1 - low-content but pings town right now
chaoslord - low-content, very little that isn't commentary, scum ping
cheese sandwich - town lean
dmboogie - null
flerp - town lean
Jen X - ugggggggh
Jonathan Fisk - town lean
Kashuno - ugggggggh
Leith Maclaine - town ping
Lumpen - unfortunate town lean
Moatillata - coasting, scum lean
Mr. Humalong - has tied themselves into the Jen/Kash thing in a way that I hate
Pussy Quipped - was leaning town but am less sure on this read
Quidthulhu - town lean
SalTheBard - I buy their claim, town lean
SHALASHASKA HAWKE - null
spacing in vienna - town lean
Toalpaz - Their vote on Lumpen where they seem to be trying to buddy up to me pings me. Scum ping
xiw - town lean
xopods - scum lean
Your Personal Muse - town lean

What is it you (or I) don't get?

The guy said he was deathproof. I've admittedly played only a few Mafia games but on my understanding, generally making this claim means they're either proving they're town or trying to avoid being lynched by making it seem others are wasting their vote by targeting them.

I said I'd be happy if it turned out he was deathproof because I figured that would make him a trustworthy town :confused:

Having said this, i am not familiar with specific win conditions so maybe this is throwing me off something fundamental

SHALASHASKA HAWKE
Nov 10, 2016

Quidthulhu posted:

I'm jewish & I'd appreciate not being called a nazi for playing a mafia game, tia

sorry

Quidthulhu
Dec 17, 2003

I appreciate and accept your apology!

I dunno, I'm still feeling Lumpen.

Lumpen posted:

I didn't say anything like that at all. I said (twice) that it pinged my gut more than any other post so far this game.

I read that and it was like **record scratch**. That's the depth of my analysis. Your reaction hasn't been reassuring.

I still feel confident voting Quid. Also suspicious of Angelwolf and Jeabus.

The above is not true. He first said "only one post pinged my gut and it was Quid's" and didn't bother to name the post.

The rest is not play, it's just lip-service to appear engaged.

Quidthulhu
Dec 17, 2003

Actually wait, is Lumpen a jester?

Amnistar
Nov 6, 2008

I am a wizard, not a poet.

Angelwolf posted:

What is it you (or I) don't get?

The guy said he was deathproof. I've admittedly played only a few Mafia games but on my understanding, generally making this claim means they're either proving they're town or trying to avoid being lynched by making it seem others are wasting their vote by targeting them.

I said I'd be happy if it turned out he was deathproof because I figured that would make him a trustworthy town :confused:

Having said this, i am not familiar with specific win conditions so maybe this is throwing me off something fundamental

So, I am claiming survivor as ly alignment. This is an alignment that is not town or scum, but a 3rd party that wins if they are alive when the game is over.

t a s t e
Sep 6, 2010

voting lumpen because of his posting: bad, not very understandable
voting lumpen because he hurt your emotions: bad, but I guess understandable

pick someone worth vting

Toalpaz
Mar 20, 2012

Peace through overwhelming determination
I think the person who misses the joke, quoting a post and accusing someone of missing the joke, is perhaps the most poor at reading.

I said amnistar was oddly defensive because he responded seriously to a joke post I made engaging with Humalong's joke calling amnistar a secret nazi.

The joke is that I am taking humalong's accusation seriously.

It is funny because humalong's accusation is absurd.

There is supporting evidence that I did not take the theory seriously, at the time I did not vote amnistar.

Altogether quid and amni have made very strange movements around this interaction.

For a 3rd party death proof survivor you certainly are coming across as somewhat invested in the game, and in pushing oddly opportunistic narratives.

Its a lil scummy and I would vote quid after lumpen.

t a s t e
Sep 6, 2010

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=8TdaXhpjHws

Please, everyone, help resolve the back-and-forth that will only fester if we don't address it now. Vote kashuno

a dmc delorean
Jul 2, 2006

Live the dream

Amnistar posted:

So, I am claiming survivor as ly alignment. This is an alignment that is not town or scum, but a 3rd party that wins if they are alive when the game is over.

Right, so if we attempt to lynch you and we fail, then we know your claim is probably genuine.

If we attempt to lynch you and succeed, and you flip town, I'd be sad.

But there's only one way for us to definitely find out (ie, you die) and evidently it makes me look like scum to want to know.

The only person really sticking out to me as scum right now is hum but not quite enough for me to throw a vote at him.

I hope my line of thought here is understandable

t a s t e
Sep 6, 2010

Angelwolf posted:

The only person really sticking out to me as scum right now is hum but not quite enough for me to throw a vote at him.

I hope my line of thought here is understandable

Why? votes are cheap

Quidthulhu
Dec 17, 2003

Toalpaz posted:

I think the person who misses the joke, quoting a post and accusing someone of missing the joke, is perhaps the most poor at reading.

I said amnistar was oddly defensive because he responded seriously to a joke post I made engaging with Humalong's joke calling amnistar a secret nazi.

The joke is that I am taking humalong's accusation seriously.

It is funny because humalong's accusation is absurd.

There is supporting evidence that I did not take the theory seriously, at the time I did not vote amnistar.

Altogether quid and amni have made very strange movements around this interaction.

For a 3rd party death proof survivor you certainly are coming across as somewhat invested in the game, and in pushing oddly opportunistic narratives.

Its a lil scummy and I would vote quid after lumpen.

So, you were CLEARLY joking about Amni because there's no way you could read his play and think he was invested in the game and worth dunking it over, but actually now that you think about it maybe you had a good point cause he DOES seem invested in the game?

And your plan is to dunk Lumpen and then go with me after if he's...misdunked? Flips scum? You haven't told us?

This posts looks like hard content faking to me.

SHALASHASKA HAWKE
Nov 10, 2016

what if fisk is untraceable?

Toalpaz
Mar 20, 2012

Quidthulhu posted:

So, you were CLEARLY joking about Amni because there's no way you could read his play and think he was invested in the game and worth dunking it over, but actually now that you think about it maybe you had a good point cause he DOES seem invested in the game?

And your plan is to dunk Lumpen and then go with me after if he's...misdunked? Flips scum? You haven't told us?

This posts looks like hard content faking to me.

I honestly don't know what you mean.

I said amni star reacted defensively to a joke comment. I did not make any point about amni stars investment in the game.

I'm giving people my day 1 lunch preferences. Nice try, attempting to rhetorically suggest I was attempting to frame this as a chain lunch.

Leith Maclaine
Mar 2, 2018

Adventure comes from insufficient planning.
Going back to policy vote of lunch all liars

##vote Hum

Quidthulhu
Dec 17, 2003

I mean you were, you literally said "I'd vote Quid but after Lumpen." Your ignoring my question about whether or not that means you think Lumpen might be town or that we're scum team members or whatever is legit and you just blew over it.

chaoslord
Jan 28, 2009

Nature Abhors A Vacuum

Jonathan Fisk posted:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=8TdaXhpjHws

Please, everyone, help resolve the back-and-forth that will only fester if we don't address it now. Vote kashuno

Why should I vote Kashuno?

Toalpaz
Mar 20, 2012

##vote quid

literally trying to reinterpret and or create a false narrative regarding the things I say.

t a s t e
Sep 6, 2010

SHALASHASKA HAWKE posted:

If your aunt had balls, etc. I assume a lot of people went somewhere n0 but I wasn't given an action that could

flerp
Feb 25, 2014

chaoslord posted:

turbo kash

Toalpaz
Mar 20, 2012

Quidthulhu posted:

Are you going to come down hard on Toal for not only apparently missing your clear "joke" but also for not reading any of Amni's content at all

goalposts quid, you hosed up and now you're digging in your heels over something that had nothing to do with your original point.

t a s t e
Sep 6, 2010

chaoslord posted:

His particularly awkward immediate retreat on jenx, citing the fact that she knew aspects of his role. Kasuno was *explicitly notified* scum would gain knowledge about him if he targeted one

chaoslord
Jan 28, 2009

Nature Abhors A Vacuum

I can't believe both Amni and Quid took Huma's very clear joke seriously

chaoslord
Jan 28, 2009

Nature Abhors A Vacuum

flerp posted:

turbo kash

:ohdear: friend flerp I already voted one person you wanted, are you sure about changing my vote?

Toalpaz
Mar 20, 2012

chaoslord posted:

I can't believe both Amni and Quid took Huma's very clear joke seriously

quid is self conscious scum which is why

spacing in vienna
Jan 4, 2007

people they want us to fall down
but we won't ever touch the ground
we're perfectly balanced, we float around
til no one is here, do you hear the sound?

Lipstick Apathy

SHALASHASKA HAWKE posted:

Are you suggesting that you have reason to think he is, or is this just a weird hypothetical you're throwing out?

chaoslord
Jan 28, 2009

Nature Abhors A Vacuum

Jonathan Fisk posted:

His particularly awkward immediate retreat on jenx, citing the fact that she knew aspects of his role. Kasuno was *explicitly notified* scum would gain knowledge about him if he targeted one

I can't believe I'm going to have to read the 15 pages from yesterday, I was trying to avoid that!!!!!!

Quidthulhu
Dec 17, 2003

Toalpaz posted:

goalposts quid, you hosed up and now you're digging in your heels over something that had nothing to do with your original point.

The post that was directed at Hum's reaction to you had nothing to do with me saying you are faking content because you hadn't made that post yet is indicative of me moving goalposts? For whom? Regarding what? What even is this.

Akarshi
Apr 23, 2011

Jonathan Fisk posted:

See what I don't get is why a scum Kash would want to act like that. It feels like it would be safer for scum Kash to just keep going instead of backing down. I agree that backing down was weird and awkward, but I don't know if it's specifically scum weird and awkward.

Mr. Humalong
May 7, 2007

Leith Maclaine posted:

Going back to policy vote of lunch all liars

##vote Hum

I am no longer masons with Leith, but idk why he continues to lie about when we were masons

a dmc delorean
Jul 2, 2006

Live the dream

Jonathan Fisk posted:

Why? votes are cheap

Because for all I know, he could be town. I don't think what I've read so far from him is enough just yet for me to explicitly point my finger

Mr. Humalong
May 7, 2007

chaoslord posted:

I can't believe I'm going to have to read the 15 pages from yesterday, I was trying to avoid that!!!!!!

its near the end if that helps

t a s t e
Sep 6, 2010

Akarshi posted:

See what I don't get is why a scum Kash would want to act like that. It feels like it would be safer for scum Kash to just keep going instead of backing down. I agree that backing down was weird and awkward, but I don't know if it's specifically scum weird and awkward.

Without diving too deep into gauging intent he has, successfully, completely shifted almost all attention away from him. Scum like doing that

Toalpaz
Mar 20, 2012

Quidthulhu posted:

The post that was directed at Hum's reaction to you had nothing to do with me saying you are faking content because you hadn't made that post yet is indicative of me moving goalposts? For whom? Regarding what? What even is this.

Part of your post was a batshit insane read of hum and I's interaction, which is what I responded to in my 'fake content' :ironicat:

Are you serious?

Mr. Humalong
May 7, 2007

Angelwolf posted:

Because for all I know, he could be town. I don't think what I've read so far from him is enough just yet for me to explicitly point my finger

sounds like a perfect time to point a Finger of Suspicion at me

just don't forget the ## before it

t a s t e
Sep 6, 2010

Angelwolf posted:

You aren't executing him with one vote lol

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Toalpaz
Mar 20, 2012

Let us turbo this scum good townsfolk! Please execute quid today!