Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

King Burgundy
Sep 17, 2003

I am the Burgundy King,
I can do anything!

Murmur Twin posted:

I'm just checking, is there anyone here opposed to a Somber vote besides me?

Eh, I still don't think it was the right group of people to put Somber up with to give us the best shot at actual clears.

But I'm probably going to pull the trigger. I don't think we can get enough support for the scum cuddle path right now, and I still haven't heard a good counter argument to 4 cuddles being the best.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Iron Chef Ramen
Sep 15, 2007

HA HA! YOU HAVE CHOSEN POORLY!

Mr. Steak posted:

why i think what? that merk is scummy?

we're trying to confirm town. if you think merk is scum, then he should not be executed at the moment.

Somberbrero
Feb 14, 2009

ꜱʜʀɪᴍᴘ?

Murmur Twin posted:

Pretty much! It's an "agree to disagree" situation but that's fine.

Only once and I was really drunk. (waves to the mod/spectator)

This is making me inherently suspicious. Like if you really think that Grandi and Moat are town, doesn't that mean you think that there are four scum right now subverting this vote for you?

I gotta crash for tonight but I will check in before deadline tomorrow.

good point, let me math out that last bit.

2 confirmed town(to me), ssv and myself, 11 players remaining.

assuming grandi and moat are town, that leaves 9 players and 4 scum, so 5 town left. i can still vote, so i need all 5 town votes in theory if scum aren't willing to go along with my Optimal™ play.

yeah honestly i hadn't thought about that. steak trying to poison the well makes me think i'm on the right track though lol

Somberbrero
Feb 14, 2009

ꜱʜʀɪᴍᴘ?

King Burgundy posted:

Eh, I still don't think it was the right group of people to put Somber up with to give us the best shot at actual clears.

But I'm probably going to pull the trigger. I don't think we can get enough support for the scum cuddle path right now, and I still haven't heard a good counter argument to 4 cuddles being the best.

with mmt pointing out, y'know, the basic math i didn't think about, she's right that 4 flipped town is much harder than i realized. with this course we've been set on, we should probably end it at me. unfortunately moat is essential to this part and we donked up by getting him out second.

King Burgundy
Sep 17, 2003

I am the Burgundy King,
I can do anything!

Somberbrero posted:

with mmt pointing out, y'know, the basic math i didn't think about, she's right that 4 flipped town is much harder than i realized. with this course we've been set on, we should probably end it at me. unfortunately moat is essential to this part and we donked up by getting him out second.

Then we should probably stop here, if you think we should stop at all.

Think about it, you convinced several people to put their scum picks up for vote, including the confirmed town. They think this is a scum list, not a town list, so they don't see a problem adding more scum to it. If you think that is a problem, should we stop?

Moatillata
Dec 13, 2006

Maintain.
Guys I have been hiking all day and I have 5 pages to catch up

:smithicide:

Moatillata
Dec 13, 2006

Maintain.
I will reread but can a kind soul please readers digest me for now

King Burgundy
Sep 17, 2003

I am the Burgundy King,
I can do anything!

Moatillata posted:

Readers digest, you are dead sir, so you should probably catch up quietly. :)

Moatillata
Dec 13, 2006

Maintain.

King Burgundy posted:

Readers digest, you are dead sir, so you should probably catch up quietly. :)

gently caress I just checked vf

Don't kill me pod imma be quiet

Bifauxnen
Aug 12, 2010

Curses! Foiled again!

Moatillata posted:

U ded stop posting till tomorrow

King Burgundy
Sep 17, 2003

I am the Burgundy King,
I can do anything!

King Burgundy posted:

Then we should probably stop here, if you think we should stop at all.

Think about it, you convinced several people to put their scum picks up for vote, including the confirmed town. They think this is a scum list, not a town list, so they don't see a problem adding more scum to it. If you think that is a problem, should we stop?

As a follow up. If you are right, right now, we are going to get 2 towns cleared. If I am right, it is going to be a mix. If MMT/SSV are right, it is going to be 2 scums caught. Adding you helps scenario 1. 3 towns cleared. But makes scenario 2 and 3 much more messy. And there is a chance even if it is scenario 1, a 4th gets added that throws it all off since many of the people left in the game think this is a scum list they are creating.

King Burgundy
Sep 17, 2003

I am the Burgundy King,
I can do anything!

Like from your perspective, I would expect a lot of hesitation to go forward any further.

Somberbrero
Feb 14, 2009

ꜱʜʀɪᴍᴘ?

King Burgundy posted:

As a follow up. If you are right, right now, we are going to get 2 towns cleared. If I am right, it is going to be a mix. If MMT/SSV are right, it is going to be 2 scums caught. Adding you helps scenario 1. 3 towns cleared. But makes scenario 2 and 3 much more messy. And there is a chance even if it is scenario 1, a 4th gets added that throws it all off since many of the people left in the game think this is a scum list they are creating.

the thing is, i think i am right! from my perspective since i know i'm town it doesn't really change how i view the situation, for me the situation remains the same if one of them is scum. i get the point you're making and it is a good one, but also i just believe in all three of us :)

King Burgundy
Sep 17, 2003

I am the Burgundy King,
I can do anything!

Alrighty then. Let's see what happens.

##vote Somber

Somberbrero
Feb 14, 2009

ꜱʜʀɪᴍᴘ?

##vote somber

SirSamVimes
Jul 21, 2008

~* Challenge *~

:redhammer:

Podima
Nov 4, 2009

by Fluffdaddy
:beerpal: Votecount for Day 4 :beerpal:

Somberbrero (6): Bifauxnen, Mr. Steak, Somberbrero, George Kansas, Somberbrero, Iron Chef Ramen, King Burgundy, Somberbrero
merk (1): Murmur Twin

Not Voting (4): Captain Foo, Hal Incandenza, merk, SirSamVimes :rubshands:

With 11 people still alive, it took 6 votes to execute.
The current deadline is April 19th, 2020 at noon EDT -- that's in about 9 hours, 11 minutes.

Podima
Nov 4, 2009

by Fluffdaddy

That one was quick. But as you reflect upon your latest hanging, are any doubts creeping in? Regardless of whatever justification you might apply, it's still murder.

:cheers: Somberbrero has been executed! :cheers:

:cheers: Day 4 continues. Votes have been reset. Deadline is extended by eight hours to 8 PM EDT, Sunday 19-APR. [~17 hours] :cheers:

:beerpal: Votecount for Day 4 :beerpal:

Not Voting (10): Bifauxnen, Captain Foo, George Kansas, Hal Incandenza, Iron Chef Ramen, King Burgundy, merk, Mr. Steak, Murmur Twin, SirSamVimes :rubshands:

With 10 people still alive, it takes 6 votes to execute.
The current deadline is April 19th, 2020 at 8 p.m. EDT -- that's in about 17 hours.

Bifauxnen
Aug 12, 2010

Curses! Foiled again!

Podima posted:

That one was quick. But as you reflect upon your latest hanging, are any doubts creeping in? Regardless of whatever justification you might apply, it's still murder.

Can we just take a moment to appreciate how metal this image is, of some people witnessing these crazy magic timeloop Shineanigans unfold and saying "ok, murder me next let's do this"

Stepping stone for hope, yadda yadda

##vote Bif

Mr. Steak
May 9, 2013

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS
##vote merk

Iron Chef Ramen
Sep 15, 2007

Never change, Steak.

Bifauxnen
Aug 12, 2010

Curses! Foiled again!

Hey Steak

What do you think my alignment is

Mr. Steak
May 9, 2013

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS

Bifauxnen posted:

Hey Steak

What do you think my alignment is

town

Bifauxnen
Aug 12, 2010

Curses! Foiled again!

And you think the others lunched so far are more likely scum?

merk
May 20, 2003

##interact
##vote Hal

There’s at least one scum lynched already. May as well go for max information.

merk
May 20, 2003

##interact

Mr. Steak posted:

##vote merk

I’m down for me too. ##vote merk

merk
May 20, 2003

##interact
##vote Hal

The most vocal think I’m scum apparently so I’m not happening. It’ll be interesting to see how the thread “leaders” change when this flip shows the scum played the day.

Bifauxnen
Aug 12, 2010

Curses! Foiled again!

None of this follows or makes any sense but whatever you're first against the wall tomorrow

Hal Incandenza
Feb 12, 2004

merk posted:

##vote Hal

There’s at least one scum lynched already. May as well go for max information.

??? What is the information you are trying to get to?

I am not entirely happy with the list we went with, but at this point I don't see why to do anything but bif or no one

Hal Incandenza
Feb 12, 2004

I'm fine being put up whenever of course (wish I had been yesterday now) but I really don't get what merk is going for, does he want a mix of people he thinks are town and scum or does he think I'm the same alignment as sober/moat/grandi?

My opinion is we have already mixed town and scum but I hope I'm wrong.

Mr. Steak
May 9, 2013

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS

Bifauxnen posted:

And you think the others lunched so far are more likely scum?

yes! exactly!

merk
May 20, 2003

##interact

Hal Incandenza posted:

I'm fine being put up whenever of course (wish I had been yesterday now) but I really don't get what merk is going for, does he want a mix of people he thinks are town and scum or does he think I'm the same alignment as sober/moat/grandi?

My opinion is we have already mixed town and scum but I hope I'm wrong.

I agree this is a mix. Is it better to have a mix of 3 or 4? I think 4, no? Maybe I’m thinking about it wrong.

Iron Chef Ramen
Sep 15, 2007

#anyonebutbif

Captain Foo
May 11, 2004

we vibin'
we slidin'
we breathin'
we dyin'

i find myself agreeing with steak here ?? ???

George Kansas
Sep 1, 2008

preface all my posts with this

merk posted:

##vote Hal

The most vocal think I’m scum apparently so I’m not happening. It’ll be interesting to see how the thread “leaders” change when this flip shows the scum played the day.

hm

George Kansas
Sep 1, 2008

preface all my posts with this
##vote bif

Hal Incandenza
Feb 12, 2004

Yeah, ##vote bif

merk
May 20, 2003

##interact
Whatever. ##vote bif

Murmur Twin
Feb 11, 2003

An ever-honest pacifist with no mind for tricks.
I'm getting pretty annoyed at the last of contested votes this day. Like literally, has there been a single one that anyone has taken issue with?

We need to start making cases and stop with this "let's vote town" bullshit. I've realized that the problem with the 4 TOWN strat is that we're putting all of our eggs in the "get information when people flip" basket and letting scum get away with just posting nonsense in the thread.

I think we're gonna get 1 MURDERER today just simply based on the everyone going with the flow on every vote. ##vote Merk

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Mr. Steak
May 9, 2013

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS

Murmur Twin posted:

I'm getting pretty annoyed at the last of contested votes this day. Like literally, has there been a single one that anyone has taken issue with?

We need to start making cases and stop with this "let's vote town" bullshit. I've realized that the problem with the 4 TOWN strat is that we're putting all of our eggs in the "get information when people flip" basket and letting scum get away with just posting nonsense in the thread.

I think we're gonna get 1 MURDERER today just simply based on the everyone going with the flow on every vote. ##vote Merk

you're completely right, and you should keep saying it