Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Darth TNT
Sep 20, 2013

RatHat posted:

I don't think that's the link you meant to post.

Also SnA is totally in the same world as Claymore at this point right?
:cawg: That's hilarious and educational. I fixed it.

Actual link is Soukyou no Ariadne

I don't think that it is, I don't feel like it fits properly. But it wouldn't surprise me if it was at this point.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

RatHat
Dec 31, 2007

A tiny behatted rat👒🐀!

Darth TNT posted:

:cawg: That's hilarious and educational. I fixed it.

Actual link is Soukyou no Ariadne

I don't think that it is, I don't feel like it fits properly. But it wouldn't surprise me if it was at this point.

I mean, there are dragons that heavily resemble the monsters in Claymore(which were made from dragons). That could just be the mangaka's artstyle I guess.

gimme the GOD DAMN candy
Jul 1, 2007
nah, we've just seen the dragons in this setting. they don't correspond to claymore dragons at all.

gimme the GOD DAMN candy
Jul 1, 2007
i forgot that they actually showed the dragons in claymore and i mis-remembered some of the details, but here you go: https://claymore.fandom.com/wiki/Asarakam

the unabonger
Jun 21, 2009

i flunked out posted:

Anyone reading World Trigger? I gave up on the series once the second battle with Hyuse started, I can't take the pace as it is, so I was just wondering if that battle is finally over or if it's still happening.

That fight finally ended, thank god. I know the author has medical issues, but it was truly a slog to get through on a monthly basis. I went back and read it from the beginning again, and well, quite frankly I think it was pretty good. I liked that Hyuse's role in the actual battle was cut short in a pretty realistic way and he didn't just trample over everyone, and that the win came more from the development as soldiers that he pushed Osamu and Chika towards.

I also liked the one commentator from Tamakoma 1 completely losing her poo poo in the final moments of the battle. IT's nice when the characters in the comic are surprised in the same way a reader is.

Lt. Lizard
Apr 28, 2013
World Trigger is pretty close to being my favorite Shonen series, but yeah, the various issues with publishing (due to authors bad health or other factors) make following it on chapter-to-chapter basis hell. And the series in general just flows really badly when you have to follow all those huge, super tactical team battles piecemeal over several months. So I just reread the whole series when I notice that there are 20+ new chapters, so...like once every two years. :v:

Vincent Van Goatse
Nov 8, 2006

Enjoy every sandwich.

Smellrose
Edens Zero is back to counter social distancing with two chapters of friendship, action, and male gaze. And there's apparently a plot to all this rubbish too.

And there's more Fairy Sequel too, if you still care about it, and you should because defying 600 chapters of characterization Natsu did something smart.

Vincent Van Goatse fucked around with this message at 08:27 on Apr 9, 2020

McTimmy
Feb 29, 2008
The greatest plot twist Fairy Tail ever did.

IShallRiseAgain
Sep 12, 2008

Well ain't that precious?

Vincent Van Goatse posted:

Edens Zero is back to counter social distancing with two chapters of friendship, action, and male gaze. And there's apparently a plot to all this rubbish too.

And there's more Fairy Sequel too, if you still care about it, and you should because defying 600 chapters of characterization Natsu did something smart.

Its been a very long time since I read it, but I seem to remember the one thing that didn't make it a complete one piece clone, but with wizards instead of pirates was that Natsu was actually supposed to be clever at times.

Silver2195
Apr 4, 2012

IShallRiseAgain posted:

Its been a very long time since I read it, but I seem to remember the one thing that didn't make it a complete one piece clone, but with wizards instead of pirates was that Natsu was actually supposed to be clever at times.

I mean, even Luffy is clever at times. It's true that there's somewhat less emphasis on Natsu being "stupid" compared to Luffy, though. On the other hand, Natsu is probably the more reckless of the two.

Electric Phantasm
Apr 7, 2011

YOSPOS

I did enjoy Natsu beating the guy who's secondary power is super hearing by shouting really loud.

Also that one demon who could gently caress with magic just by smashing him with a boulder.

Nihilarian
Oct 2, 2013

Is fairy tail sequel any good

I never finished the original

Spiderdrake
May 12, 2001

Nihilarian posted:

I've read random chapters and it felt meandering and samey in a worse way than the original

Vincent Van Goatse
Nov 8, 2006

Enjoy every sandwich.

Smellrose

Nihilarian posted:

It's pretty much the same as the original, for better or worse. If you got bored and gave up on the original there's really no point in reading it.

MonsterEnvy
Feb 4, 2012

Shocked I tell you

Electric Phantasm posted:

I did enjoy Natsu beating the guy who's secondary power is super hearing by shouting really loud.

Also that one demon who could gently caress with magic just by smashing him with a boulder.

Namely he could absorb anything with a soul, and magic has a soul in a way. So he could absorb magic and physical blows could not hurt him because he would absorb your soul. So Natsu just battered him with a soulless rock.

Elfface
Nov 14, 2010

Da-na-na-na-na-na-na
IRON JONAH

MonsterEnvy posted:

Namely he could absorb anything with a soul, and magic has a soul in a way. So he could absorb magic and physical blows could not hurt him because he would absorb your soul. So Natsu just battered him with a soulless rock.

Hey, Killer Croc nearly killed The Batman that way. It works!

ConanThe3rd
Mar 27, 2009
(BTAS) That was Batman pretending to be Killer Croc tho

Julias
Jun 24, 2012

Strum in a harmonizing quartet
I want to cause a revolution

What can I do? My savage
nature is beyond wild

ConanThe3rd posted:

that actually makes that clip even funnier in retrospect

doomrider7
Nov 29, 2018

ConanThe3rd posted:

He actually does try that later on in another episode

Vincent Van Goatse
Nov 8, 2006

Enjoy every sandwich.

Smellrose

IShallRiseAgain posted:

Yeah but Natsu is usually clever in the way of figuring out a way to turn everything into a nail so he can use his hammer on it (so to speak). In this case he does something much more impressive and counters an enemy that can create multiple copies of the strongest being Natsu can imagine to protect himself by thinking of Zeref, whose absolutely short-circuits that logic.

Dexo
Aug 15, 2009

A city that was to live by night after the wilderness had passed. A city that was to forge out of steel and blood-red neon its own peculiar wilderness.
shout out to Rizu's ending being more about Seikujo.

chumbler
Mar 28, 2010

Dexo posted:

The people demand justice for Sekijo.

dogsicle
Oct 23, 2012

moriking owns

Agronox
Feb 4, 2005

Dexo posted:

It's amazing, he's just trolling the six or seven Rizu fans at this point.

Mraagvpeine
Nov 4, 2014

I won this avatar on a technicality this thick.
tbf I doubt we'd learn more about Sekijo in the other routes.

Grouchio
Aug 31, 2014

Wait is the Rizu route already ending or do we have a few more chapters?

Rigged Death Trap
Feb 13, 2012

BEEP BEEP BEEP BEEP

dogsicle posted:

moriking owns

Its funny

2020 Jump has a Powerful gag manga lineup

Catpetter1981
Apr 9, 2020

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS
New chapter's out - https://mangaplus.shueisha.co.jp/viewer/1006557

JosephWongKS posted:

Lol that in her own route, Rizu plays second fiddle to ghost girl and Fumino and Sekijou too.

Ibblebibble
Nov 12, 2013

HIDDEN SEKIJOU ROUTE UNLOCKED

ConanThe3rd
Mar 27, 2009
The dread spectre Double Arts strikes again.

Darth TNT
Sep 20, 2013
Maybe the Mangaka actually sees Sekijo and Rizu as the ship as well

Agravity boys was silly again. I do love how the boys don't take the HB seriously whereas the others take him at face value.

Vincent Van Goatse
Nov 8, 2006

Enjoy every sandwich.

Smellrose
In which Shy has a sleepover that includes a ninja.

Brought To You By
Oct 31, 2012

Brought To You By posted:

So she's running away from her ninja family isn't she?
I wasn't quite on the mark but all is good because SHY got a ninja roommate.

Vincent Van Goatse
Nov 8, 2006

Enjoy every sandwich.

Smellrose

Brought To You By posted:

I wasn't quite on the mark but all is good because SHY got a ninja roommate.

As a man hurtling towards middle age I feel like I shouldn't be so invested in a plotline about fictional teenage girls having a sleepover. On the other hand Shy is just adorable.

gimme the GOD DAMN candy
Jul 1, 2007
i found the most amazing manhua about a man who doesn't have a personality. it's like he using ultra instinct, except instead of martial arts he automatically plays out garbage cliches in response to stimuli. https://mangadex.org/title/40731/the-strongest-god-king

this poo poo's hilarious.

Rigged Death Trap
Feb 13, 2012

BEEP BEEP BEEP BEEP

Wow thats terrible

I cant stop reading

E:50 chapters, a lotta misogyny and sideeye worth stuff, mc has not been challenged and every chapter is word soup

Lol this is someones wish fulfillment fantasy

Rigged Death Trap fucked around with this message at 13:33 on Apr 23, 2020

Lily Catts
Oct 17, 2012

Show me the way to you
(Heavy Metal)
Is there a thread for act-age? I started it and got caught up in a day. I really like it, it might have the best treatment of women in a Jump comic so far and the story arcs are great.

Silver2195
Apr 4, 2012

Schneider Heim posted:

Is there a thread for act-age? I started it and got caught up in a day. I really like it, it might have the best treatment of women in a Jump comic so far and the story arcs are great.

I found the first few chapters interesting, but then there’s an enormous lacuna in the Viz app.

Julias
Jun 24, 2012

Strum in a harmonizing quartet
I want to cause a revolution

What can I do? My savage
nature is beyond wild

Schneider Heim posted:

There is not one at the moment. I haven't gotten around to reading Act Age yet, otherwise I might have done so myself. If anybody wants to make a thread for it they have my blessing.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

SpazmasterX
Jul 13, 2006

Wrong about everything XIV related
~fartz~

Rigged Death Trap posted:

Wow thats terrible

I cant stop reading

E:50 chapters, a lotta misogyny and sideeye worth stuff, mc has not been challenged and every chapter is word soup

Lol this is someones wish fulfillment fantasy

Whaaaat? A wuxia manhua that's about an OP Mary Sue? This sort of bizarre phenomenon should be studied by the world's greatest minds. :aaaaa: