Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

President Beep
Apr 30, 2009

i have to have a car because otherwise i cant drive around the country solving mysteries while being doggedly pursued by federal marshals for a crime i did not commit (9/11)
i keep all my women in binders

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Carthag Tuek
Oct 15, 2005

Tider skal komme,
tider skal henrulle,
slægt skal følge slægters gang

pls don't

theadder
Dec 30, 2011

theadder
Dec 30, 2011

did u give her any pills

echinopsis
Apr 13, 2004

by Fluffdaddy

Carthag Tuek posted:

i too delete women from tinder all the time and yet they pop back in

very rare, i think

im serious the exact same 5 photos have popped back about 5 times now

Carthag Tuek
Oct 15, 2005

Tider skal komme,
tider skal henrulle,

empty out the queue enough and you get to see whoever's still online

theadder
Dec 30, 2011

oh a doge pop thx senor lowtax

KOTEX GOD OF BLOOD
Jul 7, 2012

pram posted:

yospos

Carthag Tuek
Oct 15, 2005

Tider skal komme,
tider skal henrulle,

pls rename the forum to doge pop

theadder
Dec 30, 2011

i wish

echinopsis
Apr 13, 2004

by Fluffdaddy

Carthag Tuek posted:

empty out the queue enough and you get to see whoever's still online

online?

im talking about my photostream

theadder
Dec 30, 2011

using the photostream ityool 2020

echinopsis
Apr 13, 2004

by Fluffdaddy
isnt it on by default? hosed if I know ios is a mess of vaguely named similar services.

I can see the photos on my mac my iphone and my ipad

Carthag Tuek
Oct 15, 2005

Tider skal komme,
tider skal henrulle,

echinopsis posted:

online?

im talking about my photostream

lol I thought you were talking about like tinder or something

TraderStav
May 19, 2006

It feels like I was standing my entire life and I just sat down
Hadn’t looked at my wife’s late 2012 21.5” iMac in a long while and decided to update it from Sierra. As I got to the Catalina install media it alerted me to the fact that my hybrid drive is failing. Looked up the hard drive replacement options and process, turns out there’s a solid 50/50 chance that the adhesive that comes with the OWC repair kit will cause the screen to fall off and break a week after installing it.

Can’t wait.

infernal machines
Oct 11, 2012

we monitor many frequencies. we listen always. came a voice, out of the babel of tongues, speaking to us. it played us a mighty dub.
use carpet tape op

i'm not even kidding

infernal machines
Oct 11, 2012

we monitor many frequencies. we listen always. came a voice, out of the babel of tongues, speaking to us. it played us a mighty dub.
also you are 100% better off replacing that poo poo-rear end hybrid drive implementation with a 1TB sata ssd. they cost like $150 for a wd blue and the performance will be considerably better without the janky software based hybrid volume bullshit

TraderStav
May 19, 2006

It feels like I was standing my entire life and I just sat down

infernal machines posted:

also you are 100% better off replacing that poo poo-rear end hybrid drive implementation with a 1TB sata ssd. they cost like $150 for a wd blue and the performance will be considerably better without the janky software based hybrid volume bullshit

I got exactly a 1tb wd blue ssd.

Will check out the carpet tape, just cut to fit and put where the OWC strips would’ve gone? Any particular carpet tape, never used it before.

Amazon has this that’ll actually ship in time: https://www.amazon.com/XFasten-Carp...87310359&sr=8-9

infernal machines
Oct 11, 2012

yeah, that should be fine, just cut it into small strips so it's easier to manage and place them at regular intervals along the edges where the original adhesive was

Notorious b.s.d.
Jan 25, 2003

by Reene

President Beep posted:

i keep all my women in binders

as any decent, upstanding republican does

MrMoo
Sep 14, 2000

This is odds on multiple levels, the self named "Apple of the AEC industry", idk but apparently engineering and architects masterbate more over expensive PCs than gamers?

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=M52ZhWjBNM0

https://atgusa.com/products/bimbox/
https://www.bimboxusa.com/our-products

"the fastest production pc evar"

Maybe just architects not wanting to pay Quadro prices for graphic cards.

MrMoo fucked around with this message at 19:23 on Apr 19, 2020

infernal machines
Oct 11, 2012

lm ao

infernal machines
Oct 11, 2012

how the gently caress you manage to make something uglier than a white label compal, i can't imagine, and yet there it is

FMguru
Sep 10, 2003

peed on;
sexually

how the gently caress you manage to make something uglier than a white label compal
your parents managed it a few decades ago

infernal machines
Oct 11, 2012

ouch

rjmccall
Sep 7, 2007

no worries friend
Fun Shoe
once upon a time, (certain kinds of) engineers legitimately needed really powerful machines because most computers weren't capable of supporting cad work at any sort of acceptable performance. nowadays of course anything capable of running world of warcraft should be capable of handling most cad work just fine because it's not like bridges have gotten orders of magnitude more complicated to keep up with the enormous leaps in cpus and gpus. but of course there are engineers who will still say they absolutely need top of the line everything because they're an engineer goddamnit

MrMoo
Sep 14, 2000

The recommended Dell workstation my niece is using on an architect degree looks similarly fugly. At least they are trying on the desktops I guess? It's more an industrial look though.

carry on then
Jul 10, 2010

by VideoGames

(and can't post for 10 years!)

MrMoo posted:

The recommended Dell workstation my niece is using on an architect degree looks similarly fugly. At least they are trying on the desktops I guess? It's more an industrial look though.

BimboX

MrMoo
Sep 14, 2000

From that I now get adverts for BoXX workstations everywhere I look, :shrug:

:lol:

Vomik
Jul 29, 2003

This post is dedicated to the brave Mujahideen fighters of Afghanistan

the 2007 toshiba satellite school of industrial design

Vomik
Jul 29, 2003

This post is dedicated to the brave Mujahideen fighters of Afghanistan
jesus i can actually HEAR the plastic creaking even though im' currently on linux

infernal machines
Oct 11, 2012

qosmio strikes back

Raluek
Nov 3, 2006

WUT.

rjmccall posted:

once upon a time, (certain kinds of) engineers legitimately needed really powerful machines because most computers weren't capable of supporting cad work at any sort of acceptable performance. nowadays of course anything capable of running world of warcraft should be capable of handling most cad work just fine because it's not like bridges have gotten orders of magnitude more complicated to keep up with the enormous leaps in cpus and gpus. but of course there are engineers who will still say they absolutely need top of the line everything because they're an engineer goddamnit

my work laptop definitely can't handle solidworks. crashes even with simple stuff. the new machines they're rolling out to the MEs seem to handle it fine, but the several-year-old workstation i have access to runs slow as hell, especially if i open a big assembly

so im not sure i agree with you here

in a well actually
Jan 26, 2011

dude, you gotta end it on the rhyme

rjmccall posted:

bridges haven’t, but cad and engineering software finds a way

rjmccall
Sep 7, 2007

no worries friend
Fun Shoe
that is a totally fair point

pram
Jun 10, 2001

this isnt a Real Work machine. wheres the vga port

Clark Nova
Jul 18, 2004

how the gently caress you manage to make something uglier than a white label compal, i can't imagine, and yet there it is

The laptop looks like just another ugly-rear end clevo, so it is very much the 2020 version of a beige box. I wouldn't be surprised at all if you could buy unbadged versions of those desktop bimbo cases on aliexpress

Last Chance
Dec 31, 2004

PCjr sidecar posted:

bridges haven’t, but cad and engineering software finds a way

is it all written in js yet?

Sniep
Mar 28, 2004

All I needed was that fatty blunt...

King of Breakfast
i thought as cpu/gpu power increased, cad/cam poo poo just went deeper into material sciences and simulation, like, i know 20 years ago you couldnt even run the poo poo locally to do the fluid modeling of different oils and poo poo in engine design or w/e and now that's prolly all local, etc

i stopped caring about that in 2000 tho as i gave up on ever being a ME

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

theadder
Dec 30, 2011

echinopsis posted:

isnt it on by default? hosed if I know ios is a mess of vaguely named similar services.

I can see the photos on my mac my iphone and my ipad

photostream is the old one