Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

DC Murderverse
Nov 10, 2016

"Tell that to Zod's snapped neck!"

what the gently caress is that lime green floor

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Silly Burrito
Nov 27, 2007

SET A COURSE FOR
THE FLAVOR QUADRANT
Serious question, why didn't they just fire Jerry Krause?

morestuff
Aug 2, 2008

You can't stop what's coming
John Paxson looks like a glammed-up Jackie Earle Haley

MourningView
Sep 2, 2006

Is this Heaven?

R.D. Mangles posted:

there's literally no unexplored corners to jordan, he is literally one of the most famous people in the 20th century

i'm just hyped because i want to relive watching my lovely basketball team own people before sinking into lake michigan

It's still fun to relive a lot of it and I'm okay spending less time with the series where they made 10 year old me cry it just probably would have been a lot more interesting if they narrowed the focus and spent more time digging into the end and doing like a Break of the Game style deep dive on that last year.

R.D. Mangles
Jan 10, 2004

DC Murderverse posted:

that's gonna be the name of the sequel covering 1999-2019

paxson was actually pretty popular when he came in, he cleaned up the mess krause made after jordan, put together the beloved '05 Bulls, but even when they got Rose and Thibs people were already pretty loving sick of him

de curry GOAT
Oct 23, 2005

‘Unleashed’ lmao they lost by 18

R.D. Mangles
Jan 10, 2004

Silly Burrito posted:

JERRY REINSDORF LITERALLY WON'T loving FIRE ANYONE!!!!! PAXSON LITERALLY HAD TO FIRE HIMSELF THIS YEAR, IT'S INSANE

morestuff
Aug 2, 2008

You can't stop what's coming

MourningView posted:

It's still fun to relive a lot of it and I'm okay spending less time with the series where they made 10 year old me cry it just probably would have been a lot more interesting if they narrowed the focus and spent more time digging into the end and doing like a Break of the Game style deep dive on that last year.

Context is fine but like this episode started with a focus on Pippen, then cover Michael's childhood, then jumped back to this second season with a few other pit stops along the way. It's just a weird structure

MourningView
Sep 2, 2006

Is this Heaven?

Silly Burrito posted:

A lot of the contract poo poo people were mad at him for was probably him doing Reinsdorf's dirty work. He built a really good team!

R.D. Mangles
Jan 10, 2004

morestuff posted:

Context is fine but like this episode started with a focus on Pippen, then cover Michael's childhood, then jumped back to this second season with a few other pit stops along the way. It's just a weird structure

yeah, i was thinking oh this will be the Pippen Episode and then next week will be the Rodman Episode

MourningView
Sep 2, 2006

Is this Heaven?

morestuff posted:

Yeah it'd have been cool to spend more time on Pippen too because he's a really unexplored figure for someone that good and a cool story

R.D. Mangles
Jan 10, 2004

lmao at walton staring into space on the bench thinking about how his defense was like the crumbling Ottoman Empire

R.D. Mangles
Jan 10, 2004

nice defense, oak

MourningView
Sep 2, 2006

Is this Heaven?
Man no one ever jumped higher for his jump shot than young Jordan

AggressivelyStupid
Jan 9, 2012

man basketball was so bad

Dango Bango
Jul 26, 2007

morestuff posted:

Yeah I really thought based on the start of this episode we'd be getting an episode focused on each player

R.D. Mangles
Jan 10, 2004

MourningView posted:

Yeah it'd have been cool to spend more time on Pippen too because he's a really unexplored figure for someone that good and a cool story

i remember the chicago press giving pippen a hard time also growing up for some reason

Brolander
Oct 20, 2008

i am but a vessel
give me a chance to try and figure out the answer damnit

R.D. Mangles
Jan 10, 2004

look at the game. mj's ballin
in the documentary
here is common?

R.D. Mangles
Jan 10, 2004

YES I NEED MORE MAGIC COMMENTARY

AggressivelyStupid
Jan 9, 2012

michael needed help huh :thunk:

MourningView
Sep 2, 2006

Is this Heaven?

R.D. Mangles posted:

i remember the chicago press giving pippen a hard time also growing up for some reason

Between openly complaining about his contract deservedly so, but fans and press were even more extreme bootlickers back then) and sitting out the last play of that one playoff game in the Jordan baseball season he caught a ton of poo poo for a long time.

BWV
Feb 24, 2005

Magic Johnson would be fun on a car ride I think.

MourningView
Sep 2, 2006

Is this Heaven?

R.D. Mangles posted:

Was dying to get the Joe Klien episode

Dango Bango
Jul 26, 2007

This documentary being all over the place is annoying as poo poo

R.D. Mangles
Jan 10, 2004

Dango Bango posted:

This documentary being all over the place is annoying as poo poo

i appreciate that but i'm lapping up all this poo poo

R.D. Mangles
Jan 10, 2004

JOE KLEINE is BACK

AggressivelyStupid
Jan 9, 2012

i feel like i just wasted the last two hours

Waroduce
Aug 5, 2008
I'm not familiar with Michael's career and history so I like the back story and stuff about his early days

e: This ESPN sportscenter Post Doc spot is surreal

Bird in a Blender
Nov 17, 2005

It's amazing what they can do with computers these days.

Being born in 81, I actually like all the 80s stuff because I really don’t remember it much.

Dango Bango
Jul 26, 2007

Why do all old people use the exact same horrible angle for webcams?

hitze
Aug 28, 2007
Give me a dollar. No, the twenty. This is gonna blow your mind...

That was fun

R.D. Mangles
Jan 10, 2004

no one has ever been better at twitter than magic johnson
https://twitter.com/MagicJohnson/status/1252072067962302464?s=20

chunkles
Aug 14, 2005

i am completely immersed in darkness
as i turn my body away from the sun

R.D. Mangles posted:

no one has ever been better at twitter than magic johnson
https://twitter.com/MagicJohnson/status/1252072067962302464?s=20

what the. that is four. that is not three!!!

BWV
Feb 24, 2005

not really a Magic list unless it contains at least 60 entries

Doctor Teeth
Sep 12, 2008

he gave up a job as an executive so he could Post.

R.D. Mangles
Jan 10, 2004

magic johnson repeatedly fined for tampering because he couldn't resist posting "kevin durant...he's on fire. but for me, the player to beat in the nba? that's lebron james!!!!"

xbilkis
Apr 11, 2005

god qb
me
jay hova
The main effect this documentary is having on me is that I am getting incredibly mad about how the Bulls got gifted the greatest and most famous basketball player of all time, begrudgingly tolerated him dragging them to success, then finally rid themselves of him & spent the next two decades mismanaging the team into irrelevance

Cant wait to spend 8 more hours stoking this rage

creamcorn
Oct 26, 2007

automatic gun for fast, continuous firing

xbilkis posted:

The main effect this documentary is having on me is that I am getting incredibly mad about how the Bulls got gifted the greatest and most famous basketball player of all time, begrudgingly tolerated him dragging them to success, then finally rid themselves of him & spent the next two decades mismanaging the team into irrelevance

Cant wait to spend 8 more hours stoking this rage

when did wilt play for the bulls

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Diddie
Sep 1, 2001

What the heck is going on in here???

creamcorn posted:

when did wilt play for the bulls

He said greatest player of all time, not second best player of his generation.