Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

chitoryu12
Apr 24, 2014

I'm pretty sure the actual intent of the rule is to stop people like T-Man from having 99% of their posts being a performative "Kill everyone" gimmick, or Screaming Idiot demanding that anti-government protests continue in the midst of a worldwide pandemic even if it means spreading the virus more. It's not about just banning politics, but goons being dumbasses about politics.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Inceltown
Aug 6, 2019

As a very frequent c-spam poster and insanely prolific pyf too, in fact if posts per day count then I'm #1 here, it seems pretty easy to keep a bunch of the political stuff out of here. There will always be a bit of bleed of politics into other stuff because it dictates so much of our existence.

Seeing someone go "maybe we can ease off on the constantly seeing the bullshit that is life right now and focus on things are a bit more happy (or what ever you call the feeling you get when you laugh at someone for yelling at a BK for closing early) for a while.

Everywhere is really loving poo poo for almost everyone right now. Having a small island bubble isn't really a big ask.

e: It's not a personal attack it's just saying 'hey maybe check that poo poo at the door so we don't have the mess in here too'

Veni Vidi Ameche!
Nov 2, 2017

by Fluffdaddy
It is very, very, very important that I be able to post the poo poo you asked me not to post in this thread right here in this very thread instead of one of the thousand other threads that exist exactly for that kind of content.

You’re going to drive the bird into retirement by sitting screaming in the middle of a room filled with toys because she took away your dirty old pink binky, and you’re going to get stuck with someone like that absolute garbage crab mod.

Screaming Idiot
Nov 26, 2007

JUST POSTING WHILE JERKIN' MY GHERKIN SITTIN' IN A PERKINS!

BEATS SELLING MERKINS.
Yes, it is. Politics is inescapable, touches every aspect of our lives, and the only ones who can ignore it are the ones responsible for the issues, ie, the wealthy. Banning politics would reduce this thread's content by a massive amount, if not kill it altogether.

I don't mind cutting back in the "BATHE IN THE BLOOD OF THE OLIGARCHS!" rhetoric -- even though I still feel that's an unreasonable request and something of an attack -- but as I've said before the banning of political speech will be limited to the mods deciding what does and does not constitute "political."

Honestly, I'm still worried they'll feel the same way about what is and isn't "CSPAM."

Midnight Voyager
Jul 2, 2008

Lipstick Apathy

Veni Vidi Ameche! posted:

It is very, very, very important that I be able to post the poo poo you asked me not to post in this thread right here in this very thread instead of one of the thousand other threads that exist exactly for that kind of content.

You’re going to drive the bird into retirement by sitting screaming in the middle of a room filled with toys because she took away your dirty old pink binky, and you’re going to get stuck with someone like that absolute garbage crab mod.

The previous two posts back to back seem to disagree on what "the poo poo you asked me not to post" is. I would like to know what the poo poo is that I am not supposed to post so I can not post it. (seriously, all my personal IOSM contributions have been my aunt being awful and political, I would like to know if this continues to be fair game even though it was poo poo like her politicizing a miscarriage of her own family)

Maybe cut out all the stuff that doesn't make sense in context about wanting to forget the world's ills if we mean what Chitoryu says, explicitly cut out politics if it's what Inceltown says.

there wolf
Jan 11, 2015

by Fluffdaddy

CodfishCartographer posted:

Isn't glamping like, exclusively a Boomer thing? Millenials can't fuckin afford to buy a camper let alone decorate one.

Actually a lot of millennials are buying campers... because they're way cheaper than houses. :grovertoot:

Byzantine
Sep 1, 2007

kill all turks

Inceltown
Aug 6, 2019

Byzantine posted:

kill all turks

:mods:

T-man
Aug 22, 2010

Talk shit, get bzzzt.

Midnight Voyager posted:

The previous two posts back to back seem to disagree on what "the poo poo you asked me not to post" is. I would like to know what the poo poo is that I am not supposed to post so I can not post it. (seriously, all my personal IOSM contributions have been my aunt being awful and political, I would like to know if this continues to be fair game even though it was poo poo like her politicizing a miscarriage of her own family)

Maybe cut out all the stuff that doesn't make sense in context about wanting to forget the world's ills if we mean what Chitoryu says, explicitly cut out politics if it's what Inceltown says.

They are attacking me, not you. I really don't get why I've been declared by the goon mind to be a bad poster, since I've made more constructive serious posts than most of the people have made posts at all. I post as I feel, and I make no claims that every post is as exhaustive. Frankly most of the time I go for the one liner because I know the poster hasn't read effortful posts that come before.

For my part all of the ownage hasn't actually seriously address my points in a way that isn't faceous or vacous, so I hope that people itt can actually take the time to read posts rather than make the same white noise dumb owns they're appearantly mentally abused and alienated by.

Screaming Idiot
Nov 26, 2007

JUST POSTING WHILE JERKIN' MY GHERKIN SITTIN' IN A PERKINS!

BEATS SELLING MERKINS.

Byzantine posted:

kill all turks

Those fuckers dropped one section if Midgar on another section if Midgar! I don't care if they were just following Shinra orders, they're complicit!

pray for my aunt
Feb 13, 2012

14980c8b8a96fd9e279796a61cf82c9c

Byzantine posted:

kill all turks

Rude.

Tiggum
Oct 24, 2007

Your life and your quest end here.

Midnight Voyager posted:

I guess I'm unclear on what's being banned here, sorry.
:same:

Screaming Idiot posted:

Allow the politics, but ask for people to refrain from personal attacks and multi-page arguments?
Pretty sure those were already not allowed?

Veni Vidi Ameche! posted:

Speaking for myself, I'm happy to abide by the new rule - I just don't know what is actually now banned and what is still allowed. :confused:

Air Skwirl
May 13, 2007

Neither snow nor rain nor heat nor gloom of night stays these couriers from the swift completion of their appointed shitposting.

Byzantine posted:

kill all turks

*stares at you in Donald Faison*

The Saddest Rhino
Apr 29, 2009

Put it all together.
Solve the world.
One conversation at a time.

Nature 🏞 is returning 🏃‍♂️from the wilds 🐯I looked 👀 out of my window 🏡and I saw monkeys 🙉 swinging from the trees 🌳 . I got mad 🤬 as I was trying to sleep 🛌💤 but they woke me up 😡😡 so I pulled out my glock 🔫 and screamed "Monkeys! You finna get shot!" My glock went bang bang bang 💥💥💥! They fell🍃. The pickup crew 🚚 came and disposed of them 🚮🗑. I was very happy 😁😁. Then instead of sleeping I made out 😘 with my SEXY Ford Fiesta 2013 Hot Wheels Diecast 🏎🚗. The sesh was lit fam 🔥. I heard a huge explosion 💥💣. They dropped💧 a nuclear missile ☢🚀 into the city to kill the giant gorilla who formed from the rotting dead monkey carcasses 🧟‍♂️🐵. The buildings 🏢🏣🏛🏦 flew into the sky 🕊🌌. As they approached 🚶‍♂️my house 🏠 i knew it was the end 🔚. I grabbed my SEXY Ford Fiesta 2013 Hot Wheels Diecast 🏎🚗 and brace for impact ☄. Skidaddle, Skidoodle my SEXY cars and I are now hot flesh and metal noodles 🍜😂😆😉

Knormal
Nov 11, 2001

It seems like when it started this thread was a lot more aunts posting Minion memes and old mistaking Google's Facebook page for the search engine. Now it's probably 80% politics, which is a sign of the times because everything sucks right now, so that's a natural evolution. But when someone posts a "kill all men | cis | landlords | cops via guillotine" response to those, it's just white noise posting at this point. If you're worried a reply is going to be "CSPAMy", maybe just don't post at all? Not everyone has to respond to everything.

That said, I think this iteration of the thread has been doing pretty good with no big multi-page derails, so maybe everyone just keep doing what you're doing?

The Saddest Rhino posted:

Nature 🏞 is returning 🏃‍♂️from the wilds 🐯I looked 👀 out of my window 🏡and I saw monkeys 🙉 swinging from the trees 🌳 . I got mad 🤬 as I was trying to sleep 🛌💤 but they woke me up 😡😡 so I pulled out my glock 🔫 and screamed "Monkeys! You finna get shot!" My glock went bang bang bang 💥💥💥! They fell🍃. The pickup crew 🚚 came and disposed of them 🚮🗑. I was very happy 😁😁. Then instead of sleeping I made out 😘 with my SEXY Ford Fiesta 2013 Hot Wheels Diecast 🏎🚗. The sesh was lit fam 🔥. I heard a huge explosion 💥💣. They dropped💧 a nuclear missile ☢🚀 into the city to kill the giant gorilla who formed from the rotting dead monkey carcasses 🧟‍♂️🐵. The buildings 🏢🏣🏛🏦 flew into the sky 🕊🌌. As they approached 🚶‍♂️my house 🏠 i knew it was the end 🔚. I grabbed my SEXY Ford Fiesta 2013 Hot Wheels Diecast 🏎🚗 and brace for impact ☄. Skidaddle, Skidoodle my SEXY cars and I are now hot flesh and metal noodles 🍜😂😆😉
Especially Rhino.

ilmucche
Mar 16, 2016

I missed rhino and enjoy this hot wheels based turn away from incest cummies.

Inceltown
Aug 6, 2019

Knormal posted:

Not everyone has to respond to everything.

:wrong:

Inceltown
Aug 6, 2019

Can we all at least come together - at a safe distance apart and wearing suitable PPE - to admire this rare specimen of the "actually it's ephebophilia"?

bell jar
Feb 25, 2009

Byzantine posted:

kill all turks

So take me back to Byzantium
No you can't go back to Byzantium

T-man
Aug 22, 2010

Talk shit, get bzzzt.

Inceltown posted:

Can we all at least come together - at a safe distance apart and wearing suitable PPE - to admire this rare specimen of the "actually it's ephebophilia"?

Is it a genuine campaign account? If so, double the following:

LOL

Homeless Friend
Jul 16, 2007

Crocoswine posted:

I think it would be good if the stupid poo poo posted in this thread was funny, instead of just infuriating bullshit that makes everyone mad and nothing else. I don't know why a forum called PYF is so often seemingly more about posting poo poo you absolutely loving hate.

maybe the idiots on social media were itt the whole time

Dixville
Nov 4, 2008

I don't think!
Ham Wrangler

relax-o-vision
Feb 21, 2007

This has to be fake.

Stoatbringer
Sep 15, 2004

naw, you love it you little ho-bot :roboluv:

professor metis posted:

I know! I love seeing the bats overhead flying out every night, I count it as one of the great pleasures of living in the area I do. Bats are great!

edit: actually in the replies to that tweet I'm noticing a second strain of idiocy in some of the people arguing against him:

Everybody knows they're just big bugs.

Goa Tse-tung
Feb 11, 2008

;3

Yams Fan

T-man posted:

They are attacking me, not you. I really don't get why I've been declared by the goon mind to be a bad poster, since I've made more constructive serious posts than most of the people have made posts at all

stop trolling this thread, please :(

Yngwie Mangosteen
Aug 23, 2007
So posting about dumb people with bad politics is bad, but rhino’s white noise horny posting gimmick is a-ok.

I’m also confused about the new rule.

Inceltown
Aug 6, 2019

Captain Monkey posted:

So posting about dumb people with bad politics is bad, but rhino’s white noise horny posting gimmick is a-ok.

I’m also confused about the new rule.

Horny is normally prohibited, that is true but horny + politics actually cancels out the no politics rule and all politics is inherently horny. It's the one loophole they didn't want you to find.

Hello Sailor
May 3, 2006

we're all mad here

T-man posted:

Frankly most of the time I go for the one liner because I know the poster hasn't read effortful posts that come before.

Why do you think you have to reply at all to those sorts of posters?

christmas boots
Oct 15, 2012

To these sing-alongs 🎤of siren 🧜🏻‍♀️songs
To oohs😮 to ahhs😱 to 👏big👏applause👏
With all of my 😡anger I scream🤬 and shout📢
🇺🇸America🦅, I love you 🥰but you're freaking 💦me 😳out
Biscuit Hider

Byzantine posted:

kill all turks

I Constantinhope you get the help you need.

Cicadalek
May 8, 2006

Trite, contrived, mediocre, milquetoast, amateurish, infantile, cliche-and-gonorrhea-ridden paean to conformism, eye-fucked me, affront to humanity, war crime, should *literally* be tried for war crimes, talentless fuckfest, pedantic, listless, savagely boring, just one repulsive laugh after another

The Saddest Rhino posted:

Thank you so much for this, I have been looking EVERYWHERE for a concise Death Stranding summary

Boywhiz88
Sep 11, 2005

floating 26" off da ground. BURR!
I remember when people would get up in arms about “Lottery of Babylon” posts, thinking they were legit and not realizing the gimmick. Is that much different then a “kill all cis-men?” post from T-Man, if they don’t like it, then don’t report it?

It’s LAB’s call and the forums aren’t a democracy or anything. I just don’t understand why anything specific is being called out, especially so generally that a lot of people are like “uhhhhh.” I’ve been following IOSM for probably 5-6 years, and it’s never been a problem before. I feel like some of this is people taking those comments too personally. V much a “Not ALL men!” reaction.

SulfurMonoxideCute
Feb 9, 2008

I was under direct orders not to die
🐵❌💀

I just want to say that riding in the back of a pickup truck at night through the rainforest surrounded by bats and fireflies with the stars overhead, keeping an eye open for jaguars on the road was a major highlight of my life. Bats rule, save the bats, if things get back to normalish you should seek out experiences like that someday.

Sorry to interrupt your discussion.

Garrand
Dec 28, 2012

Rhino, you did this to me!

Picnic Princess posted:

I just want to say that riding in the back of a pickup truck at night through the rainforest surrounded by bats and fireflies with the stars overhead, keeping an eye open for jaguars on the road was a major highlight of my life. Bats rule, save the bats, if things get back to normalish you should seek out experiences like that someday.

Sorry to interrupt your discussion.

I'm not much of a nature person but that sounds loving awesome (and a little terrifying. Jaguars?)

Inceltown
Aug 6, 2019

Garrand posted:

I'm not much of a nature person but that sounds loving awesome (and a little terrifying. Jaguars?)

PP is right about all the critters but single out one make of car is a bit harsh. There are plenty of other brands of cars rich people drive.

Push El Burrito
May 9, 2006

Soiled Meat

Garrand posted:

Yeah Jacksonville is a terrifying place.

Vib Rib
Jul 23, 2007

God damn this shit is
fuckin' re-dic-a-liss

🍖🍖😛🍖🍖

Pththya-lyi posted:

they stopped at 8, the cowards
https://twitter.com/Israel/status/1247881217984299008
You wish they had

SulfurMonoxideCute
Feb 9, 2008

I was under direct orders not to die
🐵❌💀

Garrand posted:

Belize, it's not very developed there, lots of wild spaces. It's not uncommon for them to run in front of your car. I never saw one, sadly. I might have been chased by one, or a cougar, those live there too. I was riding a bike down a dirt road in the forest just after dusk and there was a bunch of branches breaking and commotion in the brush beside me for a good minute, keeping pace. It stopped when I rode through a boggy area. I wouldn't suggest experiencing that, but I felt fairly safe in a moving truck bed.

Zulily Zoetrope
Jun 1, 2011

Muldoon

Who exactly is running the verified @israel account? Some government intern? Bibi himself? His extremely online failson? None of the answers would surprise me, but I'm curious as to the specifics.

Arivia
Mar 17, 2011

Boywhiz88 posted:

I remember when people would get up in arms about “Lottery of Babylon” posts, thinking they were legit and not realizing the gimmick. Is that much different then a “kill all cis-men?” post from T-Man, if they don’t like it, then don’t report it?

It’s LAB’s call and the forums aren’t a democracy or anything. I just don’t understand why anything specific is being called out, especially so generally that a lot of people are like “uhhhhh.” I’ve been following IOSM for probably 5-6 years, and it’s never been a problem before. I feel like some of this is people taking those comments too personally. V much a “Not ALL men!” reaction.

It’s not just IOSM. The actual breaking point was Forums Sagas getting really QCS/C-SPAM, which is partially my fault.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Air Skwirl
May 13, 2007

Neither snow nor rain nor heat nor gloom of night stays these couriers from the swift completion of their appointed shitposting.
Like, were ancient Egyptians completely calm and rational about the literal biblical plague?

Also that crack about "oh no, not my firstborn puppy" most children have either millenial or younger parents. They know there are still small children out there right, how old do they think the parents of those children are?