Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Inceltown
Aug 6, 2019

Arivia posted:

It’s not just IOSM. The actual breaking point was Forums Sagas getting really QCS/C-SPAM, which is partially my fault.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Philippe
Aug 9, 2013

(she/her)

Skwirl posted:

Like, were ancient Egyptians completely calm and rational about the literal biblical plague?

Also that crack about "oh no, not my firstborn puppy" most children have either millenial or younger parents. They know there are still small children out there right, how old do they think the parents of those children are?

In these people's minds, millennials are forever thirteen years old, sitting in their parents' minivan and yelling about Gogurt.

Kaiju Cage Match
Nov 5, 2012

Screaming Idiot posted:

(which is not a thing, everything is inherently political in nature)

If everything is political then what's your political interpretation of wearing argyle socks? Checkm8 :colbert:

Arivia
Mar 17, 2011

bony tony posted:

In these people's minds, millennials are forever thirteen years old, sitting in their parents' minivan and yelling about Gogurt.

Look gogurt got me a cum fetish so yes I am still yelling about its creamy sweet and salty goopy goodness

FFT
Dec 28, 2005

keyboard ⌨️​ :clint: cowboy

Skwirl posted:

Like, were ancient Egyptians completely calm and rational about the literal biblical plague?
As written, by time of the eighth plague (locusts) even the Pharoah's servants were like "dude Egypt is dying maybe let them go already" and he was like "yeah but just the men, leave everyone else" then the locusts happen and he goes "wack" but (Exodus 10:20) God was like "nope I've still got a point to make" and "hardened" the pharoah's heart.

After that point, as written, the pharoah only keeps the Israelites from leaving because God is going "nope still not done loving Egypt until I've proved I can count to ten" and the Egyptians are presumably going "this seems a bit excessive."

Just before the death of the firstborn (which does explicitly include the firstborn son of the pharoah), God goes "hell yeah they'll be talking about Me for a while (Ex. 11:9)*

But yeah the comments of the general Egyptian populace are pretty much ignored until the death thing whereupon there's some vague wailing and gnashing of teeth that's mostly glossed over.

*they did not, oddly enough

/e forgot, also immediately after they get to leave God goes "also I'm claiming your firstborn males too, human and animal (Ex 13:2,12)" to the Israelites and nothing is said of their immediate reaction to this but presumably they would have gone "uh, great, cool" I guess? Can't imagine why they immediately built a different god to worship.

FFT has a new favorite as of 11:55 on Apr 20, 2020

Inceltown
Aug 6, 2019

Kaiju Cage Match posted:

If everything is political then what's your political interpretation of wearing argyle socks? Checkm8 :colbert:

The most bourgie of socks :thermidor:

Stoatbringer
Sep 15, 2004

naw, you love it you little ho-bot :roboluv:

Skwirl posted:

Well, it didn't actually happen, so...

wizzardstaff
Apr 6, 2018

Zorch! Splat! Pow!

Skwirl posted:

Also that crack about "oh no, not my firstborn puppy" most children have either millenial or younger parents. They know there are still small children out there right, how old do they think the parents of those children are?

Not to mention it's pretty heartless either way? "Millennials are sensitive about the weirdest things! They're so soft that they can't go camping without perfect weather, and they'll wail if you slaughter their pets before their eyes! Haha, cry into your avocado toast!"

Data Graham
Dec 28, 2009

📈📊🍪😋

wizzardstaff posted:

Not to mention it's pretty heartless either way? "Millennials are sensitive about the weirdest things! They're so soft that they can't go camping without perfect weather, and they'll wail if you slaughter their pets before their eyes! Haha, cry into your avocado toast!"

Millennials: so soft they can't put up with THE LITERAL TEN PLAGUES OF EGYPT

Ugly In The Morning
Jul 1, 2010
Pillbug

Knormal posted:

It seems like when it started this thread was a lot more aunts posting Minion memes and old mistaking Google's Facebook page for the search engine. Now it's probably 80% politics, which is a sign of the times because everything sucks right now, so that's a natural evolution.

I miss Firefighter Guy and Titanic Guy.

I think part of the problem is that youropenbook.com is dead, that used to rule for typing in random words or onion links and seeing what dumb poo poo would fall out.

Peanut Butler
Jul 25, 2003

Skwirl posted:

I'm a millennial, my only child did not survive birth, and a decade later I'm not sensitive about it anymore but also haven't been able to rly have a meaningful romantic relationship so, completely rad to see that compared to a puppy litter with a less than 100% survival rate

Also lmao whyyyy would they make a tweet that seems to make the ten plagues look like they weren't a big deal??

GreenMetalSun
Oct 12, 2012

Skwirl posted:

Yeah, while saying nothing about comparing human children to dogs, Millennials are in their thirties. What generation do people think has young children right now?

Yngwie Mangosteen
Aug 23, 2007

Peanut Butler posted:

I'm a millennial, my only child did not survive birth, and a decade later I'm not sensitive about it anymore but also haven't been able to rly have a meaningful romantic relationship so, completely rad to see that compared to a puppy litter with a less than 100% survival rate

Also lmao whyyyy would they make a tweet that seems to make the ten plagues look like they weren't a big deal??

Gotchas are apparently more important than millennia-held religious traditions.

Internet Wizard
Aug 9, 2009

BANDAIDS DON'T FIX BULLET HOLES

Guys I'm starting to think maybe the government of Israel isn't that great

hyperhazard
Dec 4, 2011

I am the one lascivious
With magic potion niveous

Stoatbringer posted:

Well, it didn't actually happen, so...

Moses parted the sea and everyone clapped.

Absurd Alhazred
Mar 27, 2010

by Athanatos
e: nm, too political and probably not interesting

CharlestheHammer
Jun 26, 2011

YOU SAY MY POSTS ARE THE RAVINGS OF THE DUMBEST PERSON ON GOD'S GREEN EARTH BUT YOU YOURSELF ARE READING THEM. CURIOUS!
Is this what the thread is going to become people mad because we aren’t slap fighting about the correct thing to slap fight about

RareAcumen
Dec 28, 2012

https://twitter.com/GamerTakes/status/1239002270559158272

https://twitter.com/GamerTakes/status/1238041441831538689

https://twitter.com/GamerTakes/status/1238038752695476226

https://twitter.com/GamerTakes/status/1238036181528371201

https://twitter.com/GamerTakes/status/1238032123895795715

https://twitter.com/GamerTakes/status/1230027870182891520

RoboRodent
Sep 19, 2012

professor metis posted:

edit: actually in the replies to that tweet I'm noticing a second strain of idiocy in some of the people arguing against him:

I love it when people who don't understand phylogeny try to correct people on phylogeny.

I've also run into "cockatoos aren't parrots" a couple of times.

Ellie Crabcakes
Feb 1, 2008

Stop emailing my boyfriend Gay Crungus

T-man posted:

This is basic civics 101, very simular to all the trans/queer 101 education that has happened itt, and is now appearantly too scary and political, at least up to LAB and comod's interpretation.
That was partially terfposting being so repetitive, upsetting and chum in the water for our own JAQoffs.

GWBBQ
Jan 2, 2005

Brawnfire
Jul 13, 2004

🎧Listen to Cylindricule!🎵
https://linktr.ee/Cylindricule

Also, demonstratively, when a perfectly healthy piece of unsullied beef is placed within a jar and a screen placed atop it... BEHOLD, FLIES!

Any arguments?

d3lness
Feb 19, 2011

Unicorns are metal. Gundanium alloy to be exact...

The F Plus just did a whole episode on mucous idiocy in relation two food. I learned two things. First, mucous and mucus can be spelled more ways than I thought. Second, rice is half plastic and invented by man.

boar guy
Jan 25, 2007

like what the gently caress does that even mean
why the gently caress do i continue to use facebook
how is it that so many people who i formerly respected are such massive idiots

Brawnfire
Jul 13, 2004

🎧Listen to Cylindricule!🎵
https://linktr.ee/Cylindricule

boar guy posted:

Same, to all three.

PhazonLink
Jul 17, 2010

funny coincidence pun name there.

also I love how this rigorous thought experiment is still open air and not sealed in a glass like how early scientists tried to prove or disprove Autogenesis theories of life.
(also i dont believe in oxygen can this definately smart person prove oxygen exists?)

Warmachine
Jan 30, 2012

I refuse to believe this was an honest post.

:smith:

Ugly In The Morning
Jul 1, 2010
Pillbug

Warmachine posted:

Eattolivenottodie.com is an earnest site and the owner of it went to court for being a quack. Definitely check out the f plus episode about it, it’s loving nuts.

Byzantine
Sep 1, 2007

boar guy posted:

They cancelled the unboxing.

T-man
Aug 22, 2010

Talk shit, get bzzzt.

d3lness posted:

The F Plus just did a whole episode on mucous idiocy in relation two food. I learned two things. First, mucous and mucus can be spelled more ways than I thought. Second, rice is half plastic and invented by man.

They really knocked it out of the park with rear end cookies episode imo, a true sign of our times.

PetraCore
Jul 20, 2017

👁️🔥👁️👁️👁️BE NOT👄AFRAID👁️👁️👁️🔥👁️

Is that the same guy who claims that germs exist but don't cause disease and everyone just needs to make their immune systems stronger by eating the right foods, or is this just an adjacent brand of dumbness?

Ugly In The Morning
Jul 1, 2010
Pillbug

PetraCore posted:

Is that the same guy who claims that germs exist but don't cause disease and everyone just needs to make their immune systems stronger by eating the right foods, or is this just an adjacent brand of dumbness?

He’s for sure got a thing for what he called “electric alkaline foods” but the alkaline food thing is a pretty common brand of woo.

Canned Panda
Jul 10, 2012

https://twitter.com/PlaIism/status/1251778540875517956?s=20

https://twitter.com/PlaIism/status/1252067814946607106?s=20

Canned Panda has a new favorite as of 19:56 on Apr 20, 2020

Wendell
May 11, 2003

Ugh. UGH.

Syd Midnight
Sep 23, 2005

relax-o-vision posted:

This has to be fake.

Well, I've known gay cats, and I've known people who think all sex is evil even when animals do it so pets who do The Wicked Thing should be disposed of, so its pretty plausible to me.

OK the last one deserves explanation, back in the early 90's I bought High Weirdness by Mail and wrote off for a bunch of crazy pamphlets, and the Shrine to Virginity was one of the responders.

I suppose this is old school IoSM: classified ads, usenet newsgroups, 'zines, listservs, "I find your ideas compelling and would like to request more information" form letters, Donna Kossey's Kooks Museum, etc. Back when you had to go looking for dumb poo poo

edit: when I wrote it was being run by an old lady who sent me a very information-dense broadside that recommended burning your pets genitalia off. Looks like she died in the mid-1990s and her kids kept it going for a few more years.

Syd Midnight has a new favorite as of 20:00 on Apr 20, 2020

GWBBQ
Jan 2, 2005

Warmachine posted:

That's far from the stupidest thing I've seen in that group (Truth Revolution, formerly Flat Earth Revolution)

T-man
Aug 22, 2010

Talk shit, get bzzzt.

A promising future in findomming

Shut up Meg
Jan 8, 2019

You're safe here.

That's pretty impressive.

In less than the 60 seconds that ran, I started to not only hate this woman with all my heart and soul, but also her enabling parents, her friends and anyone within a 5 mile radius of her.

I've started praying for a meteorite strike based on her IP address.

Poor Miserable Gurgi
Dec 29, 2006

He's a wisecracker!

T-man posted:

A promising future in findomming

I honestly thought that was what she was doing, at first.

And in a way, she is, apparently. People are commenting that she says very calculated horrible poo poo regularly just to agitate people and drive up views of her weird, parasocial nightmare room.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Absurd Alhazred
Mar 27, 2010

by Athanatos
This is more like idiocy exposed on social media:

https://twitter.com/jbrowder1/status/1251726587210412032