Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.
What system will you play the Good COD Game on?
PS4
XBone
PC
generic comedy option
View Results

soggybagel
Aug 6, 2006
The official account of NFL Tackle Phil Loadholt.

Let's talk Football.
when getting those random free packs in the store it’s often giving me stuff from previous seasons like banners and things. Is this just random to dole out stuff I just didn’t earn at the time?

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Dlowmx
Feb 5, 2007
Eh

Fart Car '97 posted:

Because plunder is mostly empty and boring with 100 players if you're trying to win

🤷🏽‍♂️ I’ll take easy plunder wins while everyone fucks around any day. I also enjoy the option to gently caress around and play koth or death match. I like that since the team numbers has essentially doubled its a lot harder to win since most bank drops are being used.

A Typical Goon
Feb 25, 2011

Hulk Krogan posted:

I like the missions but several of them have steps that require me to play ground war and lol gently caress that.

The worst missions are where you have to plant the bomb in cyber attack or search. Nobody in those playlists plays the objective and trying to actually be the person that does is totally counter productive with those modes meta

rogue_squirrel
Jan 4, 2007
Are there any strategies for completing all the battle pass levels? I got up to 70 last season. I don’t have that much time to play, and just play for fun (obj play styles) so don’t want to spend my time grinding. But I’m just wondering if there is something else I should be doing or something I’m missing.

moist turtleneck
Jul 17, 2003

Represent.

Dinosaur Gum
https://i.imgur.com/7UUFJpF.gifv

JaySB
Nov 16, 2006

veni veni veni posted:

All of the purple/gold SMGs are so loving overscoped in Warzone they feel less useful than the gray versions. I don't need a 3.5x on an MP7, game.

They have a reduced zoom, click L3 on PS to toggle the zoom.

Krogort
Oct 27, 2013

JaySB posted:

They have a reduced zoom, click L3 on PS to toggle the zoom.

What ? even the thermal predator vision ones ?

JaySB
Nov 16, 2006

Krogort posted:

The thermal hybrid's yes, big boy thermal has variable zoom as well. It's in the item description in the gunsmith.

Crustashio
Jul 27, 2000

ruh roh

rogue_squirrel posted:

Are there any strategies for completing all the battle pass levels? I got up to 70 last season. I don’t have that much time to play, and just play for fun (obj play styles) so don’t want to spend my time grinding. But I’m just wondering if there is something else I should be doing or something I’m missing.

It's mostly time based, with XP earned contributing to reduce the time. Someone did the math and it's about 35-40min average per level. So if there are easy daily/weekly challenges or officer ribbon challenges, those will help. But it might only lower it to 30min for a tier.

Krogort posted:

The MP5s common to WZ right now with the NV scope do not, but there are some MP7s with flip scopes that you can switch to red dot.

Push El Burrito
May 9, 2006

Soiled Meat

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=RWyoS8fppB0

chocolateTHUNDER
Jul 19, 2008

GIVE ME ALL YOUR FREE AGENTS

ALL OF THEM
In BLOPS1 I used the ak74u with rapid fire and scavenger because I really just like to run around like a maniac. What's the equivalent to that in this game? Right now I'm using the p90.

moist turtleneck
Jul 17, 2003

Represent.

Dinosaur Gum
cock blocked
https://i.imgur.com/nhXu7Iy.gifv

https://i.imgur.com/mjujNkj.gifv

spray and pray :cool:
https://i.imgur.com/D69T75U.gifv

Tokubetsu
Dec 18, 2007

Love Is Not Enough

chocolateTHUNDER posted:

In BLOPS1 I used the ak74u with rapid fire and scavenger because I really just like to run around like a maniac. What's the equivalent to that in this game? Right now I'm using the p90.

mp7 or mp5

RCarr
Dec 24, 2007

Yea the Mp5 is amazing, use that

Captain Beans
Aug 5, 2004

Whar be the beans?
Hair Elf
What is it that makes Ground War just feel so bad? I just can’t put my finger on it, but its probably because the ttk is so low (normal) that you are dead 24/7?

The idea of Cod gunplay plus Battlefield sounds like a no brained, but it sucks. I might see if the PS4 servers for battlefield 4 are still humming along

Insert name here
Nov 10, 2009

Oh.
Oh Dear.
:ohdear:

Captain Beans posted:

What is it that makes Ground War just feel so bad? I just can’t put my finger on it, but its probably because the ttk is so low (normal) that you are dead 24/7?

The idea of Cod gunplay plus Battlefield sounds like a no brained, but it sucks. I might see if the PS4 servers for battlefield 4 are still humming along
In pure TTK Battlefield averaged like 50-100ms longer IIRC*, but also one big difference is that in CoD guns are 100% accurate when aiming down sights (except for shotguns obviously), while in Battlefield not only did you have a random base spread, but in the pre-BF5 games the spread would actually get larger the longer you fired, forcing you to fire in bursts and essentially artificially increasing the TTK. In CoD all you have to do is be able to control the recoil and you can easily laser someone on the other side of the map full auto, which is why it's so easy to just get wiped in Ground War.

*I believe the damage may have dropped off faster too, but it's been a long while since I checked Battlefield stats

veni veni veni
Jun 5, 2005

I really wish they’d fix the drat scoreboard because everyone just just drops out before I can see how much damage I did.

omg chael crash
Jul 8, 2012

Macys paid for this. Noodle Boy and Bonby are bad at video games and even worse friends.

veni veni veni posted:

I really wish they’d fix the drat scoreboard because everyone just just drops out before I can see how much damage I did.

It’s everyone else dropping out? Or ...?

veni veni veni
Jun 5, 2005

JaySB posted:

The thermal hybrid's yes, big boy thermal has variable zoom as well. It's in the item description in the gunsmith.

None of these are on the upper tier SMGs though. It's like, VLKs and Merc thermals. Way too much zoom for close quarters.

omg chael crash posted:

It’s everyone else dropping out? Or ...?

No I just mean the party leader pulling out before you can look at the scoreboard, then when you try to look at it in the lobby it's broken 75% of the time. Even when I'm party leader I implusivley do it a lot because the stats take so long to pop up.

Krogort
Oct 27, 2013

Insert name here posted:

In pure TTK Battlefield averaged like 50-100ms longer IIRC*, but also one big difference is that in CoD guns are 100% accurate when aiming down sights (except for shotguns obviously), while in Battlefield not only did you have a random base spread, but in the pre-BF5 games the spread would actually get larger the longer you fired, forcing you to fire in bursts and essentially artificially increasing the TTK. In CoD all you have to do is be able to control the recoil and you can easily laser someone on the other side of the map full auto, which is why it's so easy to just get wiped in Ground War.

*I believe the damage may have dropped off faster too, but it's been a long while since I checked Battlefield stats

And sniper rifle require a headshot to kill in one bullet, something that's pretty hard to achieve with the increased bullet drop and slower bullet speed.
In Groundwar you have alf the team running railgun sniper rifle of death.
(outside of BF1 sweetspot bullshit)

LLJKSiLk
Jul 7, 2005

by Athanatos

Have been spending the weekend maxing out most of my weapons with the double-xp. Ended up running up disgusting kill streaks with several of them.

I'm really enjoying the M13 & MP7 at the moment.

veni veni veni
Jun 5, 2005

I know I always bitch about the gulag because I hate it more than anything on earth, but I just had 2 in a row where I was about to win handsomely, lagged out and couldn't fire for more than a second in the middle of a gunfight. I have never had this problem with multi and Warzone is laggy as gently caress sometimes, but it often doesn't matter as much because I'm usually running through a forest or something. But the gameplay in the gulag just feels loving awful and probably 1/3rd of the time I die in there I feel like I'm just being totally hosed over by lag. If their stupid mini game didn't count directly towards warzone K/D it would probably piss me off less. I would happily give up that extra kill for winning to not have to add another death on the pile when the game is being poo poo.

chinigz
Nov 12, 2016

veni veni veni posted:

I know I always bitch about the gulag because I hate it more than anything on earth, but I just had 2 in a row where I was about to win handsomely, lagged out and couldn't fire for more than a second in the middle of a gunfight. I have never had this problem with multi and Warzone is laggy as gently caress sometimes, but it often doesn't matter as much because I'm usually running through a forest or something. But the gameplay in the gulag just feels loving awful and probably 1/3rd of the time I die in there I feel like I'm just being totally hosed over by lag. If their stupid mini game didn't count directly towards warzone K/D it would probably piss me off less. I would happily give up that extra kill for winning to not have to add another death on the pile when the game is being poo poo.

Mine does this too and sometimes it bugs out for a second and i somehow still won, very nice,

Insert name here
Nov 10, 2009

Oh.
Oh Dear.
:ohdear:

Krogort posted:

And sniper rifle require a headshot to kill in one bullet, something that's pretty hard to achieve with the increased bullet drop and slower bullet speed.
In Groundwar you have alf the team running railgun sniper rifle of death.
(outside of BF1 sweetspot bullshit)
Snipers in this game actually do drop off to require a headshot to 1-shot but it's like at 100m+ so yeah a lot of the shots are going to be easy body kills (though ironically GW is probably the only time you'll actually run into a situation in regular MP where the sniper's don't body someone instantly).

chinigz
Nov 12, 2016
actually can't figure out if i play this for 'fun' or for skinner box reasons. I have probably doubled my playtime the last couple days because of the double xp and also quarantine reasons. what does it all mean

JaySB
Nov 16, 2006

veni veni veni posted:

None of these are on the upper tier SMGs though. It's like, VLKs and Merc thermals. Way too much zoom for close quarters.

Right but the MP7s have a non-thermal variable zoom optic, the orange one might be variable and thermal but I forget. Hip fire the MP5s.

Speked
Dec 13, 2011

LTA Represent !!
How do I get that bigass shield?

drunken officeparty
Aug 23, 2006

veni veni veni posted:

My question is why the scoreboard calls it a “Lifestreak”

Lemon-Lime
Aug 6, 2009

chinigz posted:

actually can't figure out if i play this for 'fun' or for skinner box reasons. I have probably doubled my playtime the last couple days because of the double xp and also quarantine reasons. what does it all mean

I've run out of guns I actually want to level and found that the idiot pubbies who never touch objectives, bad map design and lovely weapon/perk balance are completely sapping my will to play now that I have no numbers to watch go up. :rip:

Tokubetsu
Dec 18, 2007

Love Is Not Enough

chinigz posted:

we want the numbers mason!

WirelessPillow
Jan 12, 2012

Look Ma, no wires!

veni veni veni posted:

No I just mean the party leader pulling out before you can look at the scoreboard, then when you try to look at it in the lobby it's broken 75% of the time. Even when I'm party leader I implusivley do it a lot because the stats take so long to pop up.

You can check some stats after the fact here: https://my.callofduty.com/dashboard
Or on the phone app.

Not ideal since it really should be available in game, but at least its something

Gasoline
Jul 31, 2008
I can't hear any loving footsteps apart from my own in killcams. Surely not every single guy I play against can keep Dead Silence up permanently?

At first I was like, right maybe my audio settings suck but then I watch a killcam and of course the guy knew I was coming when footsteps are that loud but I don't hear any enemy footsteps the entire match so ???

SolidSnakesBandana
Jul 1, 2007

Infinite ammo
I've seen some youtube dudes complaining about that exact thing

Mae
Aug 1, 2010

Supesudandi wa, kukan-nai no dandidesu

The asymmetric thing that tilts me especially when sniping is insane screen shake from kill streaks and grenades that are like a mile away

RBA Starblade
Apr 28, 2008

Going Home.

Games Idiot Court Jester

Lemon-Lime posted:

I've run out of guns I actually want to level and found that the idiot pubbies who never touch objectives, bad map design and lovely weapon/perk balance are completely sapping my will to play now that I have no numbers to watch go up. :rip:

I just barely won a hardcore hardpoint game that we started off dominating after me and my party realized everybody else on the team was sitting back and sniping but not actually shooting their loving guns while the other team just walked up to the point they were looking at and halfassedly wasted them after they also realized they weren't going to shoot so the two of us kept running in circles to A and C to win it. They weren't afk or anything, they kept moving back into position to get owned again, over and over, just never firing or doing anything at all.

We lost one after when we realized the game forced us into a 2v6, for some reason.

Later on in yet another hardpoint game both teams kept spawning on opposite ends of a single small hallway, hundreds of deaths later someone finally, mercifully, finished us off before we could shoot everyone dead again so we could all get on with our lives

What the gently caress

soggybagel
Aug 6, 2006
The official account of NFL Tackle Phil Loadholt.

Let's talk Football.
I refuse to play any objective modes outside of domination unless I’m playing with a group of friends with a minimum of 4 other people. Otherwise it’s just lovely chaos getting spawn trapped.

Owlbear Camus
Jan 3, 2013

Maybe this guy that flies is just sort of passing through, you know?

I find Hardpoint Rust comes down to which team actually claims the objective and which team has its bush wookiees climb to the top of the platform to play sniper elite 3.

Push El Burrito
May 9, 2006

Soiled Meat

RBA Starblade posted:

We lost one after when we realized the game forced us into a 2v6, for some reason.

We played one where our team spawned with 6 people and a full minute went by before the other team started spawning at all.

RBA Starblade
Apr 28, 2008

Going Home.

Games Idiot Court Jester

Owlbear Camus posted:

I find Hardpoint Rust comes down to which team actually claims the objective and which team has its bush wookiees climb to the top of the platform to play sniper elite 3.

When that goes on I just sit in the control point with a riot shield. Once I died like forty times but I got two minutes in there, two seconds a life at a time, to win it.

quote:

We played one where our team spawned with 6 people and a full minute went by before the other team started spawning at all.

The last game I had this ever happen in was Halo 2 lmao

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Tokubetsu
Dec 18, 2007

Love Is Not Enough

RBA Starblade posted:

I just barely won a hardcore hardpoint game that we started off dominating after me and my party realized everybody else on the team was sitting back and sniping but not actually shooting their loving guns while the other team just walked up to the point they were looking at and halfassedly wasted them after they also realized they weren't going to shoot so the two of us kept running in circles to A and C to win it. They weren't afk or anything, they kept moving back into position to get owned again, over and over, just never firing or doing anything at all.

Later on in yet another hardpoint game both teams kept spawning on opposite ends of a single small hallway, hundreds of deaths later someone finally, mercifully, finished us off before we could shoot everyone dead again so we could all get on with our lives

What the gently caress

Yeah whenever this happens in hardcore I just switch to pistol and never stop running. It can often turn the tide of the match.